•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2011
bigdog1 Wrote:can they compete with bell co. Since they dropped won to 3a?
bell county needs to worry if they can get past central before they start thinking of bhs, central is the state champs and have been 3 of the last 4 years, they return a lot of starters, they are athletic, well coached and discipline, they are also physical, more so when they smell blood. So get past them and then you can start thinking of bhs.
Bhs finished spring workouts yesterday. I believe they had a good spring. Working between 50 and 60 several startes from last year playing baseball didnt work, but that gives some of the younger players some time to be seen. The biggest move i saw was moving timmy may from linebacker to d-tackle. With two soph. Starters returning at lb it is the best way to get him on the field, it will be him big brother james and hayden hatfield competing for those spots, tuffy and big barnes at nose, and a slew of young talent at the open corner spot the rest of the d is returning, but nothing is in stone so they had all better work. On o sani got all the reps at qb, tyler on the diamond the o-line is wide open but they will be deep a lot of athletic big strong boys there 9 or 10 could start. The backfield will also be loaded, trey, may and runyon at fb, johnson, carr, fransico, robinson and others. Look for this to be the best pirate team in several years.
I also agree this will be an excellent team this coming season. There is still 5 months before the season starts, but Belfry will absolutely need at least one guy to step up bigtime and become a dynamic playmaking tailback. While there is young talent at that position, the quesiton is whether or not that young talent will actually be able to carry the load this upcoming season.

I am not convinced you won't see a backfield of Runyon at FB, Willis at Tailback, and Robinson or etc at other tailback.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I also agree this will be an excellent team this coming season. There is still 5 months before the season starts, but Belfry will absolutely need at least one guy to step up bigtime and become a dynamic playmaking tailback. While there is young talent at that position, the quesiton is whether or not that young talent will actually be able to carry the load this upcoming season.

I am not convinced you won't see a backfield of Runyon at FB, Willis at Tailback, and Robinson or etc at other tailback.

i belive Justin Johnson is at one of the half backs, Trey could be at the other, and the May kid at fb, so they can rest Gary again this year just for mostly defense..
Blake Newsome was thinking about playing again this year after sitting out last year but after breaking his jaw a month ago, he said he doesnt want to take chance hurting it again..
cuppett777 Wrote:but they will be alot closer to beating them than sc

that may be true but i was saying that bell county is forsure the front runner for a state championship.
Some may not realize the amount of talent that is on the baseball field right now and didn't participate in spring practice... don't count these young men out!!! LOL...

Belfry will be fine... and SCHS70.... Did you not read that Bell will have to get by Louisville Central? Central is once again loaded ... they are beat-able... but loaded just the same...

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
should be good
The players on the diamond, that didnt take part in spring drills, tyler#4, two year starter at qb, also plays safety, dixon, all state safety, dotson, most pure athlete on team wr and poss db, ghormley lb, fields, two year starter on o-line maybe strongest player on team(him or tuffy), fracisco another pure athlete, hb and db, zach fields frosh, could start o-line zach taylor, soph could start o-line i may have left a couple out please dont be mad, i dont watch baseball that often. Two others who i didnt see at spring practice was blake, who i know has a broke jaw, but i believe he would have played a lot of hb last year after carroll went down, and preston dotson, at 6'5 260lbs of rock muscle was almost a shoe in at o-line and compete for ng. They have 12 weeks to change their mind.
schs#70 Wrote:that may be true but i was saying that bell county is forsure the front runner for a state championship.
i dont think bell is front runner, central has to be theyre state champs, and didnt lose a lot. Just because bell dropped down dont think central will just bow down and give it to them, and i know the boys here on pond creek wont, theyre going to have to take it
MADJACK75 Wrote:The players on the diamond, that didnt take part in spring drills, tyler#4, two year starter at qb, also plays safety, dixon, all state safety, dotson, most pure athlete on team wr and poss db, ghormley lb, fields, two year starter on o-line maybe strongest player on team(him or tuffy), fracisco another pure athlete, hb and db, zach fields frosh, could start o-line zach taylor, soph could start o-line i may have left a couple out please dont be mad, i dont watch baseball that often. Two others who i didnt see at spring practice was blake, who i know has a broke jaw, but i believe he would have played a lot of hb last year after carroll went down, and preston dotson, at 6'5 260lbs of rock muscle was almost a shoe in at o-line and compete for ng. They have 12 weeks to change their mind.

MADJACK75 Wrote:i dont think bell is front runner, central has to be theyre state champs, and didnt lose a lot. Just because bell dropped down dont think central will just bow down and give it to them, and i know the boys here on pond creek wont, theyre going to have to take it

Based upon what I'm reading on this venue and what I'm hearing, I would definitely tout Belfry as the team to win the district in 2011. It sounds as if they're loaded this coming season. But as always, strange things can happen on the way to November.
MADJACK75 Wrote:The players on the diamond, that didnt take part in spring drills, tyler#4, two year starter at qb, also plays safety, dixon, all state safety, dotson, most pure athlete on team wr and poss db, ghormley lb, fields, two year starter on o-line maybe strongest player on team(him or tuffy), fracisco another pure athlete, hb and db, zach fields frosh, could start o-line zach taylor, soph could start o-line i may have left a couple out please dont be mad, i dont watch baseball that often. Two others who i didnt see at spring practice was blake, who i know has a broke jaw, but i believe he would have played a lot of hb last year after carroll went down, and preston dotson, at 6'5 260lbs of rock muscle was almost a shoe in at o-line and compete for ng. They have 12 weeks to change their mind.

Great post... As I can think of, you haven't forgotten any.... other than some of the freshmen who could possibly step up.... Who knows, plenty of time to shift and work on everything for next season!

i talked to blake the other day, i think hes dead set on not playing since that happened, i had him before that preatty much going to come back out, so will see..
cuppett777 Wrote:i talked to blake the other day, i think hes dead set on not playing since that happened, i had him before that preatty much going to come back out, so will see..

Saw him at the store last night... you can't even tell he had his jaw broken! He's one tough little booger!!

I want to know what everbody thinks about the 2 Big postions RB and DL:
Heres what i know.
Trey willis Fb and dt Really good back and really strong
Gary Runyon Fb Good back and dependable
Trenity carr HB Im not sure
Hayden Hatfield HB and Dt pretty fast
Justin Johnson HB Really fast, maybe the other back with Josh
Zack Francisco HB fast and strong
Zack Thompson HB Works hard
Cameron Hanny FB idk
Josh Robinson HB Dependable back and a athlete
Austin Childers Dt idk
John Duty DT Starting to look like a lineman
Michael barnes NG Really Big
Tuffy Ng Super strong but lazy
James may Dt Good tackle needs some more starts

Not Sure about these two:
Jonathan Aldana Fb and Dt hard runner
Timmy May Fb Athlete

Anybody think different? Sry if i forgot anybody
Robinson puts it on the ground alot, and if someone can get Barnes and Tuffy a fire under them watch out..
phs1986 Wrote:Saw him at the store last night... you can't even tell he had his jaw broken! He's one tough little booger!!

he sent me pic of xray couple weeks back was broke in 2 places, thank the good LORD he didnt have to go under the knife.
Justin Johnson will be one of the halfbacks, I would almost put my bank on it. Kid has been working hard in the weight room and has gotten strong, not to mention he is lightning fast. He is going to be a nightmare for 3 more years.
would like to see justin,trey,howie,split time at halfback, not sure no fb, may, even gary sometimes, use carr somewhere,i say tyler still at qb..
Tyler at QB, perhaps move Robinson to TE if someone can step up at halfback. Josh is a great blocker.
i think unless the keep Tony Messer at de he will be the main te, gr8 hands, u throw it he usally catches it..
madjack75 Wrote:i dont think bell is front runner, central has to be theyre state champs, and didnt lose a lot. Just because bell dropped down dont think central will just bow down and give it to them, and i know the boys here on pond creek wont, theyre going to have to take it

yea i agree that central would be the only team in the state to even stay close to them not even pond creek can stay within 30 points of them
SCHS#70 Wrote:yea i agree that central would be the only team in the state to even stay close to them not even pond creek can stay within 30 points of them

why would you say that?just because SC couldnt..they lost to Central the 1st time by 10, and had a chance to win that game, last year, they could move the ball on Central but had 5-6 turnovers, so to say Bell would beat them by 30,i think is a little much..
I'm ready for Belfry to bounce back to the team they were a few years ago.
cuppett777 Wrote:would like to see justin,trey,howie,split time at halfback, not sure no fb, may, even gary sometimes, use carr somewhere,i say tyler still at qb..
I have read alot of people talk about moving trey to hb, i dont see it happening. he was way to produtive at fb and fb is the key to the scheme. also to many others that have skill in hb spot. robinson started last year and francisco, johnson, carr. you also have dixon, and howie if they choose, but i think they will keep howie speed at wr. also and i bet you may not have given sani much thought at hb, but with another year to get the nod at qb he is a lot of football player, not to get any o productivity from.
MADJACK75 Wrote:I have read alot of people talk about moving trey to hb, i dont see it happening. he was way to produtive at fb and fb is the key to the scheme. also to many others that have skill in hb spot. robinson started last year and francisco, johnson, carr. you also have dixon, and howie if they choose, but i think they will keep howie speed at wr. also and i bet you may not have given sani much thought at hb, but with another year to get the nod at qb he is a lot of football player, not to get any o productivity from.

It appears that Belfry is loaded for 2011 and most likely the favorite in the district. You guys are always good, with plenty of talent and excellent coaching.
[quote=MADJACK75]I have read alot of people talk about moving trey to hb, i dont see it happening. he was way to produtive at fb and fb is the key to the scheme. also to many others that have skill in hb spot. robinson started last year and francisco, johnson, carr. you also have dixon, and howie if they choose, but i think they will keep howie speed at wr. also and i bet you may not have given sani much thought at hb, but with another year to get the nod at qb he is a lot of football player, not to get any o productivity from.[/Q. ....... SANI prob would do good there but they need him at back up qb, if the may kid could produce at fb or someone else with some speed, i would love trey to be other hb, robinson lays it on ground to much..
cuppett777 Wrote:why would you say that?just because sc couldnt..they lost to central the 1st time by 10, and had a chance to win that game, last year, they could move the ball on central but had 5-6 turnovers, so to say bell would beat them by 30,i think is a little much..

which central are u talking about cause if its louisville central they didnt even play but jc i dont think could beat them either i mean just look at last years game it was a blow out
i think u keep it like it is trey runyon and may at fb johnson robinson carr hatfield @ hb trey is power runner not built for run away speed.justin johnson is fast as a rabbit with vision so yes he should be a starter this year.robinson has experience now so i say u leave him there bring francisco and carr in for him when needed.i was told by a man who was a big belfry fan who has since passed away.told us 6 years ago that belfry,s backfield would be willis johnson and runyon and a state championship was at hand. man i hope he is right.go pirates
I REALLY think Warren could be a weapon at WR this season. He showed awesome hands and playmaking ability on defense the latter half of last season.
SCHS#70 Wrote:which central are u talking about cause if its louisville central they didnt even play but jc i dont think could beat them either i mean just look at last years game it was a blow out

Louisville Central, yes in 07 Belfry lost to them in finals by 10 and had chance to win that game, last year in finals again against Louisville Central, YES Belfry gets beat bad, but they moved the ball well on them,just to many turnovers...
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next