Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pittsburgh
35.00%
Kentucky
65.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh v Kentucky 1/8 (Football) (Birmingham Bowl)
If this is Randall Cobbs' last year, he's going out on top.

Cats-27
Pitt-24
IMHO, this is not a bad game for UK. Also the long lay off will help so they can get the extra practice. As of now I think UK wins.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Why do we complain about having to many bowl games. I love it. So many games on tv to watch and enjoy. This is the part of the year i really enjoy not just cheering on UK but pulling for other SEC teams to win. The same teams I couldn't stand when we played against them. Set back and watch college football night after night and still could watch more. How boring would it be if their was only 4 bowl games to watch, boring in my opinion. We argue that there is to many bowl games but nothing is said about the North Texas, Lehigh, East Tenn, State, Morgan State, Arkansas Pine-Bluff, and many more making the NCAA Basketball Tourny when none of these teams could compete with a lot of teams that didn't make it. Grambling State, Jacksonville State, Elon, VA. Commonwealth, Bucknell, and others made the 2010 NCAA baseball Tourny by winning their conference. Some of these team couldn't compete with other Major Conference schools but made it. I'm going to set back and watch a lot of college football and enjoy it.

:notworthy Amen Brother.
Don't even think twice about it

UK-30
Pitt-17
UK is in the game due to watered down bowl system. Two conference wins does not warrant any bowl game. Pitt wins by 21.
It takes 6 wins to become bowl eligible. UK got six wins. They get one more game. Quit bit ching about it.

If you want to ***** about something, ***** about a system that continues to allow a national champion to be selected by the media and computers instead of being decided on the field. That's the biggest shame by far. But don't bit ch about teams that are .500 playing in bowl games. Or that sanctimonious load of crap about rewarding mediocrity.

Please! The only good thing about the bowl system is that it has so many games now and that we have alot more football to watch. Good lord some people just make we want to puke. Get over yourselves.
FBALL Wrote:It takes 6 wins to become bowl eligible. UK got six wins. They get one more game. Quit bit ch ing about it.

If you want to bit ch about something, bit ch about a system that continues to allow a national champion to be selected by the media and computers instead of being decided on the field. That's the biggest shame by far. But don't bit ch about teams that are .500 playing in bowl games. Or that sanctimonious load of crap about rewarding mediocrity.

Please! The only good thing about the bowl system is that it has so many games now and that we have alot more football to watch. Good lord some people just make we want to puke. Get over yourselves.

:Thumbs:
I guess a lot of these people refuse to watch all of these watered down bowl games.:eyeroll:
Be glad we didn't win 8 wins and get overlooked like Temple did. I agree we should have been better than 6-6 but we get the much needed extra practice and one more shot to finish with a winning record.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Dont watch then.

Good grief, Benchwarmer, why would you ever think I would watch? Why would anyone watch UK football? I'm sure there will be plenty of Law and Order reruns to watch. The quality of the performance will certainly be better.
^

Dont watch UK's Bowl. I'm sure you would rather watch Cincinnatti in the Bowl game on New Years Eve or whatever day it is on, what day do they play their bowl? Big Grin
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol, sorry...
Pitt 34
Kentucky 21

Big Grin

:Thumbs: youll be right now....
Cant wait to see the game. UK sports is UK Sports.
MVP2 Wrote:^

Dont watch UK's Bowl. I'm sure you would rather watch Cincinnatti in the Bowl game on New Years Eve or whatever day it is on, what day do they play their bowl? Big Grin

Are you still waiting on your reply to the question you asked?
^

Yup, I hope he can answer it because it is no where on ESPN.According to them Cincy last game was against this Pittburgh team that is playing UK in the Toilet Bowl and they defeated them the Bearcats 28-10. Come on, truth, what day is their bowl game?
MVP2 Wrote:^

Yup, I hope he can answer it because it is no where on ESPN.According to them Cincy last game was against this Pittburgh team that is playing UK in the Toilet Bowl and they defeated them the Bearcats 28-10. Come on, truth, what day is their bowl game?

Maybe they can play an inter-squad game. Which one team would be guaranteed a victory. You know like playing in the Big East.
Whats sad is like Da Horn mentioned, that Temple got shafted by the bowl committee. This is the same Temple team that WHIPPED UCONN by 14 points during the season. The same UCONN that won the Big East. And the same UCONN team that is taking up space in the BCS.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've not watched Pitt this year so I shouldn't be making a prediction lol
but I will.

Hartline silences the critics one last time!
UK 45 Pitt 21
Dave Wannstedt, will step down as head coach and not coach in this Bowl game.
MVP2 Wrote:Dave Wannstedt, will step down as head coach and not coach in this Bowl game.

Hopefully that plays to our advantage.
Best of luck to Dave....
but Go Big Blue lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Hopefully that plays to our advantage.
Best of luck to Dave....
but Go Big Blue lol

I believe it will. Dave is a excellent coach, despite the 7-5 record this season.
^He is a great coach.
He had a not so succesful stint in the pros....
but at least he was there lol
and he had a few bright spots
MVP2 Wrote:I believe it will. Dave is a excellent coach, despite the 7-5 record this season.

I have to disagree. Pitt hasn't lived up to expectations since he's been there. He wasn't to successful in the NFL either.
Uk 24 Pitt 17
zaga_fan Wrote:I've not watched Pitt this year so I shouldn't be making a prediction lol
but I will.

Hartline silences the critics one last time!

UK 45 Pitt 21

Dont get me wrong, i hope he does for UK's sake, but Mike Hartline is probably one of the biggest mistakes ever in big time division 1 football and definitely one of UK's biggest mistakes ever.

I hope he goes out a winner, and i hope UK accomplishes a winning season, but i'll be so glad to see Hartline never wear the blue and white of Kentucky ever again.