Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pittsburgh v Kentucky 1/8 (Football) (Birmingham Bowl)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
12:00 ESPN

thoughts?
Pitt by a score
Pitt - 34
UK - 31
Kentucky-28
Pitt-14
Kentucky is Projected To Win This By 6
Pitt big down the stretch due to Dion Lewis
I'm a big UK fan and long time season ticket holder. I don't mean to be a smarty, but really, who cares? No team, and I mean, no team that is 6-6 should be going to a bowl. I know when you play in the rugged SEC, you have to play some patsies to have some recovery time in your schedule. However, being rewarded for beating those patsies is not right. If a 6-6 teams loses, that makes them 6-7. Something just not right about that.
Pitt by 10.
UK-27
Pitt-23

I cant wait untill Jan. 8th...Go Cats!
Shady Grady Wrote:I'm a big UK fan and long time season ticket holder. I don't mean to be a smarty, but really, who cares? No team, and I mean, no team that is 6-6 should be going to a bowl. I know when you play in the rugged SEC, you have to play some patsies to have some recovery time in your schedule. However, being rewarded for beating those patsies is not right. If a 6-6 teams loses, that makes them 6-7. Something just not right about that.

Amen. Shady Grady is absolutely right. Thirty-five bowls is about thirty too many and this bowl must be in the bottom three or four. It is a travesty and a disgrace for anyone to compare these recent mediocre toilet bowl Kentucky teams to the 1949-1951 teams who competed in the Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, and Cotton Bowl. Of course, that was when all bowls were significant. This modern run of bowls is ridiculous and laughable. It reminds one of social promotion.

Who cares.
Pitt 34
UK 20
The BBVA Compass Bowl should be renamed the Saniflush Bowl. It's probably good that UK isn't playing Louisville Trinity.
5th Straight Bowl appearance for the Cats!
Shady Grady Wrote:I'm a big UK fan and long time season ticket holder. I don't mean to be a smarty, but really, who cares? No team, and I mean, no team that is 6-6 should be going to a bowl. I know when you play in the rugged SEC, you have to play some patsies to have some recovery time in your schedule. However, being rewarded for beating those patsies is not right. If a 6-6 teams loses, that makes them 6-7. Something just not right about that.

Too much money to gain for the schools. It's not an NCAA thing, it's a school thing and if the schools can bilk more money out of your pocket or the television market, then we as fans who want to see quality versus quality lose out.

I agree with you, but the money mongers don't!
Stardust Wrote:Too much money to gain for the schools. It's not an NCAA thing, it's a school thing and if the schools can bilk more money out of your pocket or the television market, then we as fans who want to see quality versus quality lose out.

I agree with you, but the money mongers don't!

:Thumbs:
As long as theres money, theres going to be bowl games with bad teams.
Cant wait to watch it! Go Cats!
Go cats!
Pittsburgh will keep the ball on the ground the entire game, and Lewis has a huge game. Pittsburgh wins 34-20.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Pittsburgh will keep the ball on the ground the entire game, and Lewis has a huge game. Pittsburgh wins 34-20.

i already reserved that score lol
Kentucky 24-Pitt 21
Kentucky loads the line and forces turnovers in the air.

Uk 28
Pitt 14.
Hartline needs to have a big game. Don't let us down brochacho.

Kentucky 31
Pittsburgh 27
Gonna go with the CATS, just by the quality of teams they have to face all season long.
Why do we complain about having to many bowl games. I love it. So many games on tv to watch and enjoy. This is the part of the year i really enjoy not just cheering on UK but pulling for other SEC teams to win. The same teams I couldn't stand when we played against them. Set back and watch college football night after night and still could watch more. How boring would it be if their was only 4 bowl games to watch, boring in my opinion. We argue that there is to many bowl games but nothing is said about the North Texas, Lehigh, East Tenn, State, Morgan State, Arkansas Pine-Bluff, and many more making the NCAA Basketball Tourny when none of these teams could compete with a lot of teams that didn't make it. Grambling State, Jacksonville State, Elon, VA. Commonwealth, Bucknell, and others made the 2010 NCAA baseball Tourny by winning their conference. Some of these team couldn't compete with other Major Conference schools but made it. I'm going to set back and watch a lot of college football and enjoy it.
UK gets bowl bids to these fourth-rate, watered down, joke bowls because of the large number of fans who will follow their lackluster favorites anywhere and, while there, spend a lot of money. The bids have nothing to do with any perceived ability of the team because, comparatively so, there is little.

It is very much like the kid of little or no ability or social graces who is invited to join the club only because his family has a lot of money. Sadly, some seem to believe that they actually earned this bid on the football field. But, all who are realists know that merit had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was earned with visions of checkbooks and credit cards.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:UK gets bowl bids to these fourth-rate, watered down, joke bowls because of dthe large number of fans who will follow their lackluster favorites anywhere and, while there, spend a lot of money. the bids have nothing to do with any perceived ability of the team because, comparatively so, there is little.

It is very much like the kid of little or no ability or social graces who is invited to join the club only because his family has a lot of money. Merit has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Dont watch then.
I have watched Pitt 2 or 3 times and if Steve Brown knows anything about football, lord help us there, then he should stack the box with 8 and force Pittsburgh god awful QB to throw the ball... Stack the box to stop Lewis and UK wins the game.
It will be fun to watch Lewis vs. Trevathan and the Pitt O-line vs. the UK front seven.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Why do we complain about having to many bowl games. I love it. So many games on tv to watch and enjoy. This is the part of the year i really enjoy not just cheering on UK but pulling for other SEC teams to win. The same teams I couldn't stand when we played against them. Set back and watch college football night after night and still could watch more. How boring would it be if their was only 4 bowl games to watch, boring in my opinion. We argue that there is to many bowl games but nothing is said about the North Texas, Lehigh, East Tenn, State, Morgan State, Arkansas Pine-Bluff, and many more making the NCAA Basketball Tourny when none of these teams could compete with a lot of teams that didn't make it. Grambling State, Jacksonville State, Elon, VA. Commonwealth, Bucknell, and others made the 2010 NCAA baseball Tourny by winning their conference. Some of these team couldn't compete with other Major Conference schools but made it. I'm going to set back and watch a lot of college football and enjoy it.

I agree 100% with this.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:i already reserved that score lol
lol, sorry...
Pitt 34
Kentucky 21

Big Grin
Pages: 1 2