Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 47 - Hazard 6 (Class 1A - Championship)
zaga_fan Wrote:Hazard was simply outmatched at nearly every position....
Congrats to Mayfield for the win and congrats to the Dawgs on another great season.
especially at the coaching position
ontopofthewest Wrote:he is only a soph. but he had some big schools come look at him last year as a freshman.

Wow, that makes him even more impressive. He is going to be a big time player of the next 2 years.
MVP2 Wrote:Wow, that makes him even more impressive. He is going to be a big time player of the next 2 years.
Looked to me like Mayfield had a lot of good young players that was really fast,Hazard had alot of young players also.these teams may meet again down the road next year.Hopefully they won't have as many turnovers as this year,and it would be a lot better game.That's if both teams have the same season as the last one.
jackbenimble Wrote:especially at the coaching position
If Hazard gets a coach that can help with the secondary and special teams, they could be really good again next year.Hazard has gotten beat in the secondary and special teams for the last three years.
RedBird07 Wrote:So this was supposed to be the number one offense against the number one defense. I guess we seen which was really number one caliber! And you cant compare this game to last years. Last year, we had one player just go confused throghout the game and blow three different coverages leaving his man open for three touchdowns. All three were daggers. Not to mention they had arguably the best running back in the state. But that was last year! Hazards defense simply couldnt keep up with mayfield, the receivers were just killing there backs all over the field. Seems like it was the number one offense and defense against just hazard!

If you were on the other end of that game last year I bet you would be comparing!!:thatsfunn

And LCA's offense had nothing to do with the confussion right?? It's always something that causes you to lose. Could it be someone was better and caused mistakes and turnovers??
MisterPerfect Wrote:Didn't expect this one to be so ugly.

Congrats Mayfield! And Congrats Dawgs on a great season!

DITTO!! Great season for both schools. :notworthy:Thumbs::1:
Woke up the last 2 mornings and realized it is great to be a Mayfield Cardinal!
i watched the film of hazard and lca game. this is my take on hazards defense.
1. very undisciplined.
2. good size d-line but dont get to the ball
3. linebackers are a little above average and tackle well
4. secondary is not good at all. they give way to much cushion and let people behind them. dont know if thats coaching or just not playing asignments.

i knew we would score alot of points on them just didnt know how are defense would respond to hazards offense. guess we know now.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Woke up the last 2 mornings and realized it is great to be a Mayfield Cardinal!

If you stop and think. Very few get that feeling. Doesn't last long!! Again congrats to an awesome season!:1::igiveup::Clap:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Woke up the last 2 mornings and realized it is great to be a Mayfield Cardinal!

Only the last 2 mornings? I wake up EVERY morning and realize it great to be a HAZARD BULLDOG!!!!!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Only the last 2 mornings? I wake up EVERY morning and realize it great to be a HAZARD BULLDOG!!!!!
I do,also.
Ontopofthewest & wideleft you where right. Wow is all i gotta say. Mayfield was very impressive. They man handled a very good Hazard team. Congrats to Hazard for making it to the title game. Congrats to Mayfield on a very impressive win. I knew they where fast but again WOW that is one of the fastest teams i've seen all year. IMPRESSIVE!!!!:igiveup:
Still a great season for Coach Dixon and the 'Dogs
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:If you stop and think. Very few get that feeling. Doesn't last long!! Again congrats to an awesome season!:1::igiveup::Clap:

Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Only the last 2 mornings? I wake up EVERY morning and realize it great to be a HAZARD BULLDOG!!!!!

Well said gentlemen well put :Thumbs:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Ontopofthewest & wideleft you where right. Wow is all i gotta say. Mayfield was very impressive. They man handled a very good Hazard team. Congrats to Hazard for making it to the title game. Congrats to Mayfield on a very impressive win. I knew they where fast but again WOW that is one of the fastest teams i've seen all year. IMPRESSIVE!!!!:igiveup:

Thanks...! :thanks: To be honest i did not think it was going to be that big of a blow out but i knew it was a possibility. I knew Hazard was starvin for a championship, and i did not think they would go down that easy.
I know they prob. played bad and if we had to play them again that they would prob score a few more. But if that was all they had (which im sure it wasnt) then i think crittenden co. and Ballard mem. could had played a couple of close games with them. Hope to see them in the future!!! this could be another rivalry game?
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:If you stop and think. Very few get that feeling. Doesn't last long!! Again congrats to an awesome season!:1::igiveup::Clap:

I agree few ppl get to experience the feeling. But for us it last, it last 275 days untill the next season starts.....!!! :rockon:
jackbenimble Wrote:Looked to me like Mayfield had a lot of good young players that was really fast,Hazard had alot of young players also.these teams may meet again down the road next year.Hopefully they won't have as many turnovers as this year,and it would be a lot better game.That's if both teams have the same season as the last one.

Look for mayfield to make it again. but we will be more of a one dimensional team like the past. qb will be young and the line is gonna need a lot of work. but every year we seem to pull together and make a hard run at it. Russelville will be in our district in 2011 and that will make it harder for us.
Tough way to end the season but I can think of a lot of teams who would have liked to be in the same position Hazard was in. Overall, Great Season!
Da Horn Wrote:Tough way to end the season but I can think of a lot of teams who would have liked to be in the same position Hazard was in. Overall, Great Season!

Amen DH! State Runners-up isn't exactly something to sneeze at.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Look for mayfield to make it again. but we will be more of a one dimensional team like the past. qb will be young and the line is gonna need a lot of work. but every year we seem to pull together and make a hard run at it. Russelville will be in our district in 2011 and that will make it harder for us.

Russellville will be hit hard by graduation, I dont see them being a real threat next year but they have some young talent comming up for a few yeas down the road. We will run the same offense next year and I think Jake Guhy will suprise you. Watching his jv efforts this year he was impressive throwing