Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 47 - Hazard 6 (Class 1A - Championship)
Mayfield dominated this game. Congrads to them on the state title and Congrads to Hazard on a great season.
Mayfield just dominated Hazard in all aspects of this game today and with 19 freshman I feel we will see Mayfield for the next few years as your team from the west.
Very impressive win by Mayfield. How many of the 19 freshman got to play in the state final today?

What a thrill for them if they got on the filed as 9th graders in a state final.
CardinalAlum Wrote:Mayfield just dominated Hazard in all aspects of this game today and with 19 freshman I feel we will see Mayfield for the next few years as your team from the west.

Mayfield will be there i just dont know if it will be next year but you never know. Mayfield loses Devin Jones, Decole Noonan, Luke Guhy, Javarius Richardson, Kenny Payton. Those are all Big time play makers Mayfield returns Jon Jackson, William Higginson and Shain Ross. QB will be there issue but i have heard he was by far ahead of his older brother at there ages. The east gets easier as LCA will go to 2A. Hazard returns 4 key players for next year in Jordan Olinger, Austin Johnson, BJ Combs and Zach Blanton. The Qb will also be the issue for hazard as well.
congrats mayfield, that was one of the most dominating state championships ive heard.
I was there, and wow. Im amazed. Mayfield is fast. Hazard had some early turnovers and never really could get anything going. #3 for Mayfield had some great speed, he left the defenders behind. One time he had a least a 10 yard cushion on a bomb.
Great game by Mayfield.
I think this also nukes the argument that knocking heads with top levels teams all year long makes you stronger. Mayfield came from what is probably the weakest 1A district in the state but they do play (and defeat) some larger schools out of district, Tilghman, Graves Co., etc.

And raising $100,000 a year from booster run bingo doesn't hurt a high school football program either.
Congratiions to Hazard for getting to this game. They had a great year.
I don't think anybody in Class A could have beaten them.
And congratulations to the winners.
Congratulations to Mayfield. Congrats to Hazard making it this far.
bac2369 Wrote:Mayfield will be there i just dont know if it will be next year but you never know. Mayfield loses Devin Jones, Decole Noonan, Luke Guhy, Javarius Richardson, Kenny Payton. Those are all Big time play makers Mayfield returns Jon Jackson, William Higginson and Shain Ross. QB will be there issue but i have heard he was by far ahead of his older brother at there ages. The east gets easier as LCA will go to 2A. Hazard returns 4 key players for next year in Jordan Olinger, Austin Johnson, BJ Combs and Zach Blanton. The Qb will also be the issue for hazard as well.

The East will not get easier. After next year Raceland will be legitamately loaded for about 6 straight years. They will be in the state finals several times before that six years is up No matter is LCA stayed or not.
How many trunover did hazard end up with. After the first one, Mayfield put there foot on the gas and not let up. I trun the radio off after Mayfield got up 21-0. I knew it was over.
Great game Mayfield.
Great season Hazard. Keep your head up, they just run into a buzz-saw today.
Poor Hazard, that is not the way the wanted to end the season.
QUOTE=Wideleft01;1105100]Highlands was up 30 to 0 on Beechwood after 1 quarter. 43-0 after a couple plays in the 2nd qtr. The reserves played for Highlands from mid-2 qtr on.

Mayfield is not anywhere near Highlands level. That said, they don't have to be. They roll Hazard 49-6.[/QUOTE]

Okay. So I was off by 2 pts in my prediction.
Hazard was simply outmatched at nearly every position....
Congrats to Mayfield for the win and congrats to the Dawgs on another great season.
Did the running clock start in this one?
Congrads Mayfield
This was a terrible championship game, the 6 class system sucks. Mayfield deserved better competition for a championship game!
WOW! Quite impressive, Cards! Guess that sets the bar for Beechwood for the future.
QUOTE=MVP2;1105137]No way, Hazard may lose the game but they wont lose by 43 and if your that confidence in that than how much do you want to lay on it, PM me.[/QUOTE]

I was wrong. It was only 41. I have to admit when I'm wrong. I thought it would be 49-6.
Wideleft01 Wrote:QUOTE=MVP2;1105137]No way, Hazard may lose the game but they wont lose by 43 and if your that confidence in that than how much do you want to lay on it, PM me.

I was wrong. It was only 41. I have to admit when I'm wrong. I thought it would be 49-6

You should have made the bet with him.
sstack Wrote:Congrads Mayfield
This was a terrible championship game, the 6 class system sucks. Mayfield deserved better competition for a championship game!

The 6 Class system gives other teams chances. Mayfield played one **** of a game today and destroyed hazard. Championship games end up that way some how. I never heard anyone say back in 2007 when lex cath killed lone oak in the 4A championship game.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:The East will not get easier. After next year Raceland will be legitamately loaded for about 6 straight years. They will be in the state finals several times before that six years is up No matter is LCA stayed or not.

I am not knocking the raceland team because they are good year in and year out. I was meaning that LCA is gone and it opens up other teams to be in the title game. So in reality it does get easier because LCA can recruit and no other team on the east side in 1A can.
Teams got destroyed in the state finals in the 4 class system as well. NCC beat Mayfield by like 40 points in the '05 finals, Danville did the same thing to Beechwood in '03. This just happens sometimes when you get teams of this caliber. No one in their respective classes could compete with these teams just like no one could compete with Mayfield this year.
Yes it is unfortunate! The score really decieves what a great team the Hazard Bulldogs really are.
Smile
Hilbily Wrote:Yes it is unfortunate! The score really decieves what a great team the Hazard Bulldogs really are.

or just how good Mayfield was, they beat their playoff opponents by an average of 41.6 points per game
bac2369 Wrote:The 6 Class system gives other teams chances. Mayfield played one **** of a game today and destroyed hazard. Championship games end up that way some how. I never heard anyone say back in 2007 when lex cath killed lone oak in the 4A championship game.

"The 6 class system gives other teams chances" I thought everybody had a chance in the 3 class system! Why don't we just give everybody a trophy.
Wow!
sstack Wrote:"The 6 class system gives other teams chances" I thought everybody had a chance in the 3 class system! Why don't we just give everybody a trophy.

Sure why not.
No surprise here. Congrats to Mayfield, good season to Hazard.