•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudley Hilton to Pikeville College
mandan Wrote:Not sure he's elgible for retirement. But if he is, drawing his retirement plus a smaller salary (w/benefits?) from a private school like Pikeville would be a good deal, IF that's what he wants to do. Just depends if he's up for a challenge.

So your saying the he makes over 80K a year at Bell? Because thats around what a head coach at Pikeville used to make. Fact.

Just curious though. Sounds like alot for a high school coach to make.
Whoever has Coach Hilton as their coach next season will only see good things happen.
Harlan County Black Bears will rule the mountains of Eastern Kentucky!!! I sure hate to see coach Hilton leave, he's been great for E. KY. football. I think he would do a great job at CN or PC. as long as they give him what he needs to be successful. I know he will have the inside track on recruiting in E.KY and in Central KY. My only regret is that the Bears couldn't beat him before he leaves. He's a **** of a coach! An ambass. for mount. football! With Dudly gone, and Highlands and JC going to 4A, The Bears will Rule the Mountains of Eastern KY. Our freshman were UNDEFETED for the 2nd year in a row. Look out!!!!!!!!! :1:
HC's freshman might have been undefeated this year but in '09 they were beaten by bell by 30 points both times they played.
pureathlete Wrote:Well sure I am. You would be to if your team lost a heartbreaker in the state semi finals and a week later get rumors that your coach maybe leaving. All I ask is that fans who haven't been part of your program long to stay off the message boards declaring they know he is leaving and that they know the front runners for the next coach. I respect the support and the worry from others but at the same time our county who lives for bell county football needs a little of time to regroup. IMO it is easy to tell the true fans because they are the ones keeping quiet and hoping for the best. Not the ones showing how much they hve heard and what their friends tell them.

Totally AGREE!!!!! Some people that grad from the Boro, that are new Bell co fans need to take the back seat.... As a lifetime Bobcat i say lets show some RESPECT!
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Lane Kiffin isn't qualified to coach Bell County's peewee program. He is the Paris Hilton of football, not the Dudley Hilton of football. Famous for doing nothing but acting like a fool.

wow...:rockon:
I heard he may have given them an answer today !!!
Rumor is no more from what I was told today at work. It is done. Coach will be moving on for new horizons. IMO as a former Player Coach Hoskins should be the new Head Coach at Bell Co. As a player and even today his influence on me is greater than anyone other than my parents. He does things the right way and a huge reason for Bell's success without getting alot of the credit. He is a good man and great Coach and will continue the work Coach Hilton has done. Coach Hoskins made me believe I could do things impossible and strive to be the best I could be on and off the field.

Good luck to Coach Hilton!!!!! We will miss you on Log Mountain.
Heard the same thing. Was told that he said yes to Pikeville today.
Good luck to Hilton at Pikeville and good luck to Bell Co on replacing him.
I looked on Pikeville website and there nothing on there yet about him going there.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I looked on Pikeville website and there nothing on there yet about him going there.

Nothing's set in stone yet, but from what I've been hearing (very close sources) he's taking the job.

Peoples minds can change overnight, but as of right now, he will be the next coach at Pikeville College.
Coach Hilton will take a good bunch of Freshman at Pikeville College and make them winners,many kids will love to hear this Good News,Coach Hilton will be able to help many local kids get their education and i really do expect this to happen,Yes his son will follow him and will do well,along with his wife and daugther they are good citizens,all will be welcomed there with open arms because they(Pikeville) are getting a great coach and family added too the Pikeville College family,we all should be happy for this great High School coach he has touched many young men during his High School coaching days all have gain lots from his coaching and not only that but what he teaches will and has help prepare them more in LIFE than anything i think he has touched many People where ever he has coached(Breathitt Co.,Bell County,Burborn Co.),Fans and players and will do it everywhere he coaches even at the College level,so i say Congrats to Coach Hilton,he will do a great job at Pikeville College and hope i will see you at Pikeville College rooting for the BEARS !!!
Csportsman11 Wrote:Coach Hilton will take a good bunch of Freshman at Pikeville College and make them winners,many kids will love to hear this Good News,Coach Hilton will be able to help many local kids get their education and i really do expect this to happen,Yes his son will follow him and will do well,along with his wife and daugther they are good citizens,all will be welcomed there with open arms because they(Pikeville) are getting a great coach and family added too the Pikeville College family,we all should be happy for this great High School coach he has touched many young men during his High School coaching days all have gain lots from his coaching and not only that but what he teaches will and has help prepare them more in LIFE than anything i think he has touched many People where ever he has coached(Breathitt Co.,Bell County,Burborn Co.),Fans and players and will do it everywhere he coaches even at the College level,so i say Congrats to Coach Hilton,he will do a great job at Pikeville College and hope i will see you at Pikeville College rooting for the BEARS !!!

Well said. :Thumbs:
THE BOTTOM LINE

In college, the most important thing is not how well you can develope, it's how well you can recruit. Unless a coach can do that first, (whomever he is). He will never be successful at that level. For his sake, hopefully he is well versed in that aspect of "THE BUSINESS" .
Coach Hilton will sew up the Eastern part of the state and IMO will put Pikeville College on the map in the NAIA. When you mention Coach Hilton's name around central/Eastern part of state kids will run to play for him.
Bell Co. needs to hire Coach Cobb
So who are some names to start with as replacement?
Ring the bell for Dudley.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Coach Hilton will sew up the Eastern part of the state and IMO will put Pikeville College on the map in the NAIA. When you mention Coach Hilton's name around central/Eastern part of state kids will run to play for him.

IMO getting players from central and eky won't make you a top naia team. He better be able to add alot more to it.
wildthang3 Wrote:So who are some names to start with as replacement?

This job should be filled by a very qualified IN-HOUSE Coach. He's coached at Bell 10 or more years and is one of the best Interior Line coaches in the state of KY at any level IMO. Coach Hoskins would do a great job and many things could operate and proceed on with not a whole lot of changes.
Good for coach Hilton getting the job at Pikeville. But he really is going to have his work cut out for him. Pikeville was a highly undisciplined team and very unsportsman like..they ran around and gloated after every play and the coaches seemed to do nothing about it. The are the laughing stock of the MSC at this point.
Trenches07 Wrote:This job should be filled by a very qualified IN-HOUSE Coach. He's coached at Bell 10 or more years and is one of the best Interior Line coaches in the state of KY at any level IMO. Coach Hoskins would do a great job and many things could operate and proceed on with not a whole lot of changes.

IMO, That would be a mistake. Sorry but it takes more than a line coach to replace Dudley.
BellCoBobcatFan Wrote:IMO, That would be a mistake. Sorry but it takes more than a line coach to replace Dudley.

That shows how long you have been around the program. He is much more than just a "line coach" as you put it. When I began my HS playing days he coached the rbs and QB's on the JV and running the entire JV offense and Defense. We went 2 years undefeated in JV and where never even challenged. Those were the funniest days of my life but we worked like dogs.
footballfever Wrote:IMO getting players from central and eky won't make you a top naia team. He better be able to add alot more to it.

I think it's very good football players in this state, however many times there past over for out of state kids. Look at all the out of state kids are on EKU or WKU
Trenches07 Wrote:This job should be filled by a very qualified IN-HOUSE Coach. He's coached at Bell 10 or more years and is one of the best Interior Line coaches in the state of KY at any level IMO. Coach Hoskins would do a great job and many things could operate and proceed on with not a whole lot of changes.
I wouldn't think that he would be in the top 5 for the job. IMO, it would be hard to hire a coach that just coaches a postion. Bell program is way to good to hire a position coach. IMO better find someone with head coaching experience. Coach Hoskins needs head coaching experience and there are several lower level schools to get your feet wet on, other than at Bell.
Hopefully, your coach will stay where he is now at Bell County. He would not have near the success at a small college that he has had at Bell County. And money isn't everything. You Bell fans love him and appreciate him. Hilton, stay where you are now.
redstorm Wrote:I wouldn't think that he would be in the top 5 for the job. IMO, it would be hard to hire a coach that just coaches a postion. Bell program is way to good to hire a position coach. IMO better find someone with head coaching experience. Coach Hoskins needs head coaching experience and there are several lower level schools to get your feet wet on, other than at Bell.

I agree 100%. Im sure he could do the job, but under the microscope of Log Mtn after the previous 4 years, its going to be a tough job for anybody.
BellCoBobcatFan Wrote:I agree 100%. Im sure he could do the job, but under the microscope of Log Mtn after the previous 4 years, its going to be a tough job for anybody.

In saying that, I would say that expectations will keep a lot of people away from applying for this job.
Wednesday ...will he change his mind??????

http://www.gopcbears.com/news/2010/12/7/...h=football
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next