• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudley Hilton to Pikeville College
Is Dudley leaving Bell County??

Heard that tonight. Anyone else heard this. is this a yearly thing like Coach Cal? I honestly don't know. Pretty "in the know" kinda guy that told me this but he also said it was a rumor.
Your rumor has merit. He will not be coaching in high school next year.
If you know he is not coaching in high school next year then you know where he rumored to be going.......

well...
When you have the tremendous success Coach Hilton has had, it comes yearly. Who knows for sure but I will believe it when I see. I hope he stays with the Bobcats.
Its not looking good at the moment. Maybe only a 5% chance he stays at Bell Co. Thats all I can say right now. I know ALOT more but was told not to say too much until the official word comes out.

Moving on to possible coach in the College Level..
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Its not looking good at the moment. Maybe only a 5% chance he stays at Bell Co. Thats all I can say right now. I know ALOT more but was told not to say too much until the official word comes out.

Pikeville College is open..... hmmmm...
I hope he stays but that % is very low.
Well from a Boyle fan I hope he stays.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Its not looking good at the moment. Maybe only a 5% chance he stays at Bell Co. Thats all I can say right now. I know ALOT more but was told not to say too much until the official word comes out.

Being a relatively new Bobcat fan I know you were not around when this was a yearly deal, but it comes with the territory. :Thumbs:

What college level. D2, D3, or NAIA. I know it isn't a D1 Level.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Being a relatively new Bobcat fan I know you were not around when this was a yearly deal, but it comes with the territory. :Thumbs:

:biggrin: I do atleast know about the Harlan Co job he was going to take and then decided not too. I think now with his son moving on to the college level this is a whole new different outcome. Hope im wrong though. Would love to have Wayne Mills but he has done told his players he wouldnt leave KC for Bell Co.
64black&gold Wrote:Well from a Boyle fan I hope he stays.

Me too. :Thumbs:
I hope he stays.

He's good for High School Football in the Mountains in general and Bell County in particular.

Plus, he's one win away from sitting alone atop the wins list in KY High School History.
The move up to any college coaching position is very attractive to a high school coach. I wouldn't blame any coach trying to better himself and his family. It's a shame for the fans, but I'm sure they will hire the right guy to replace him. It is a shame about the most wins record.
wow, that would be sad, knowing if Belfry/ Bell meet next year, the 2 ole ball coaches not out whitting each other..
adopted purple Wrote:The move up to any college coaching position is very attractive to a high school coach. I wouldn't blame any coach trying to better himself and his family. It's a shame for the fans, but I'm sure they will hire the right guy to replace him. It is a shame about the most wins record.

He kept saying all year that he didnt care nothing about the career wins.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Being a relatively new Bobcat fan I know you were not around when this was a yearly deal, but it comes with the territory. :Thumbs:

I was about to say the same thing, I thought that these rumors used to be a yearly thing for the Bobcats and Coach Hilton. Not saying this one isn't true, but definitely not the first time I've heard he would be leaving Bell Co.
RoShamBo Wrote:I was about to say the same thing, I thought that these rumors used to be a yearly thing for the Bobcats and Coach Hilton. Not saying this one isn't true, but definitely not the first time I've heard he would be leaving Bell Co.

This time its ALOT different. There is nothing keeping him here now. His son Graduates. His son will be leaving the program and his friends regardless now.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:This time its ALOT different. There is nothing keeping him here now. His son Graduates. His son will be leaving the program and his friends regardless now.

Chuck Smith left Boyle when Brandon graduated.

The only difference is Dudley is a lot older than Chuck was when he went to coach at UK.
I hope he does what's best for him, but personally I wish he would stay. He's one of my favorite coaches and I'll miss him at the high school level.
I wish Dudley the best of luck in whatever he chooses.

I know that Wayne told his players he would stay, but do you think he would make the move?
How was the Bell Co. program before Hilton arrived and while he was at Bourbon Co.? I know he has won 2 or 3 state titles at Bell and won a title a Bourbon. Basicly, I am asking, How big of a blow will this be for Bell?
I heard he may be moving as well, but that he would be staying here in the mountains.
Jarons Wrote:How was the Bell Co. program before Hilton arrived and while he was at Bourbon Co.? I know he has won 2 or 3 state titles at Bell and won a title a Bourbon. Basicly, I am asking, How big of a blow will this be for Bell?

Bell County has a passion for football, a good feeder program and support from the fans and school. They would be fine for a few years even with a bad hire. If they made a good hire, they would not fall much, if at all. Dudley Hilton is one of the best to ever coach football in KY but he has built such a great program that if someone came in and had success they would not fall.

Next season may not be a championship year even if Dudley returned but with a good hire, they would not fall.

Wayne Mills would be the best possible hire of anyone if Dudley left but he may not leave Knox Central. He can stay at Knox Central and be a legend or he could go to Bell County and be the guy that followed one of the greatest ever. I know where I would stay.
If a coach has a passion to get a State Title, where is the best place to get it. IMO I would prefer playing in 3A instead of 4A in the future.
Hate to hear this. Had a chance to chat with Coach Hilton at the 2004 finals where Bell County ended up winning the state semi final (later on) and did not play in the championship game. Needless to say, we were on the same page with Coach on the wrong team playing against the Rebels on that Saturday in December. He came up into the stands where we were sitting and sat and talked football a bit. Heck of a nice guy and you can tell he loves the game. Good luck to whatever he wishes to do in the future.
Along those same lines he was in the stands for a Rockcastle vs. Knox Central game and he was sitting pretty close to the Rockets student section. We had a long running joke that Tom Larkey's offensive play book contained one play, "Blast, right up the middle." We made signs and would hold them up when we thought that was going to be the play, (which was almost all the time). We asked him what he thought and he said, jokingly, "That is the only play I run too, because it works." We got a real kick out of him. I really miss the good old days of the Rock-Bell rivalry.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pikeville College is open..... hmmmm...

See ya next fall Mr. Hilton in your orange & black attire.
Rebel55 Wrote:If a coach has a passion to get a State Title, where is the best place to get it. IMO I would prefer playing in 3A instead of 4A in the future.

3A is about to be absolutely loaded with the realignment. Ft. Campbell, Corbin, and Lawrence County, were all added to 3A along with Bell. On top of that, most of 3A's top teams are all very young in Belfry, Central, Russell, and Breathitt County whom are all going to substantially "up" in the coming years.

4A is going to be stock full as well with the addition of Highlands and Johnson Central, personally I'd be asking to move up to 5A where there is a geographical advantage travel wise, and where Bowling Green and John Hardin look to have a far easier path.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:See ya next fall Mr. Hilton in your orange & black attire.

Thats the word.
  • 1(current)
  • Next