•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudley Hilton to Pikeville College
EKUAlum05 Wrote:3A is about to be absolutely loaded with the realignment. Ft. Campbell, Corbin, and Lawrence County, were all added to 3A along with Bell. On top of that, most of 3A's top teams are all very young in Belfry, Central, Russell, and Breathitt County whom are all going to substantially "up" in the coming years.

4A is going to be stock full as well with the addition of Highlands and Johnson Central, personally I'd be asking to move up to 5A where there is a geographical advantage travel wise, and where Bowling Green and John Hardin look to have a far easier path.

I agree that 5A is the easiest between 3A and 4A, but what I was saying between a 4A Knox or 3A Bell who has the better odds a State Championship. :Thumbs:
3A would be much easier than 4A. Bell wouldn't have a problem finding a coach. Tuff shoes to follow, but has great lineman returning with good skill kids every year.
Coaching at Pikeville College would be a step down when you come from a program like Bell Co. Maybe not in pay, and definitely not in athletic talent, but in all the things that make football the greatest sport in the world, specifically the atmosphere.

There is no community support, no funding, very few local kids, and they have to share a field with Pikeville high school. The facilities are stone age, you'll find better weight rooms at a lot of high schools.

My point in posting this comment is that I feel there are a lot of things that need to happen with the Pikeville College football program before a coach can come in an garner sustained success, even a coach as great as Dudley Hilton.
Facilities recruit players and Pikeville has the worst in the MSC
What's he going to do, run the Power I and Wishbone in college? On the other hand he should really be ahead of the game when it comes to recruiting.
So from what I'm reading Hilton is leaving Bell for Pikeville College?
CardinalAlum Wrote:So from what I'm reading Hilton is leaving Bell for Pikeville College?

Which means he will see Haywood pass him next year and become the All-Time Winningest Coach while he is living alongside him in Pike County. Sort of a bizarre twist...

It is also conceivable that Haywood's HS team across the county will have better facilities to work with then his collegiate team. Think about that for a second.
adopted purple Wrote:The move up to any college coaching position is very attractive to a high school coach. I wouldn't blame any coach trying to better himself and his family. It's a shame for the fans, but I'm sure they will hire the right guy to replace him. It is a shame about the most wins record.

This is simply untrue. I know for a fact that the top Kentucky high school coaches in both football and basketball make about twice the money that NAIA head coaches make in Kentucky. A teacher with a masters degree at Knox Central makes twice as much as the head basketball coach at Union. The small private colleges pay their coaches and teachers very meager salaries.
It will take a coach like Coach Hilton to make the program work. Jerry Mynatt was an outstanding coach and had Pikeville in the national playoffs. When he left the talent base left as well.
If you take a look at Pikeville and Pikeville College you will find that it is one of the fastest growing areas around. Paul Patton as president of the college is making things happen. He has the abiility to fundraise and market like no one they have ever had. If you think that PC will not make a comittment to the new coach as far as facilities then wait and see. It will not be Pikeville College much longer either. One name I hear is the University of App. Record number of students this year with construction of more classrooms, living quarters, and a medical school building. They are not going to settle for not making progress with football. Already installed new playing surface for this season. The best is yet to come.
In addition the field does not belong to Pikeville HS but it belongs to the City.
Pikeville HS and Pikeville College do share the facility and pay for using. The only athletic facility that Pikeville HS has is the gymnasium.
Is there any truth to this????
Hilton put his app in at Pikeville College and as of yesterday, he was the frontrunner.

FACT.
hypersport Wrote:It will not be Pikeville College much longer either. One name I hear is the University of App.

Won't Apple sue? :biggrin:

Knowing the way Pikeville's government is pushing the whole energy capital thing I'd bet they change it to the "University of Coal".

And you'd have to think if Hilton was seriously considering this he would have guarantees about a new field, weight rooms, etc. before he would sign the contract. NAIA would be a good fit for him since there are fewer rules (or less enforcement of the same rules) than he would have in the NCAA so he could be more free to recruit. (And for those who don't know what I'm talking about, go to a Pikeville basketball game... seems like every timeout they welcome a recruit by name on the PA. Try that at an NCAA school and you'd be fired on the spot.)
Since alot has figured alot of this out. Dudley has the job at Pikeville College if HE wants it. Also this is where his son will go also.

I think its a bad deal. Pikeville has nothing to offer. High school football is where its at. To leave high school only being 1 win away from the All Time winningest coach is just crazy.
From what I had heard before this even came about was that he was eyeing a different job anyhow and would be out at seasons end. Now that the college job opened and he is the front runner no doubt in my mind he is gone. IMO a poor decision but no suprise, considering he will now follow his son and coach him for another 4 years. Facility wise Pikeville College has no plans of a new field or anything of that nature at most they may get new equipment. Talk had it 2 years ago they were going to build an indoor facility while Looney was there now that has went away. With the building of they new addition to the med school which is a multi million dollar project, the college will have no funds to put forth to the athletic programs.
i believe i was the first to post this in a different thread. thought it was just a rumor, but kept hearing about it. heard that he didn't want to stay until bell became a loser.....this is just terrible.
the talent is drying up and he rather coach his son through college than build it up at bell....i couldn't be more disappointed.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Since alot has figured alot of this out. Dudley has the job at Pikeville College if HE wants it. Also this is where his son will go also.

I think its a bad deal. Pikeville has nothing to offer. High school football is where its at. To leave high school only being 1 win away from the All Time winningest coach is just crazy.

No?

Thats the most silliest thing I've heard. I will agree that yes he is a good coach and that it is a fact he applied. And as of Wednesday (1 day after the job went public) he was the front runner. I do believe PC will get way more people who are just as qualified. Maybe some people who have actually had college coaching experience. Anyways we all forget, just because a coach is great at the high school level...Well, its not always going to make the best college coach.

15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:From what I had heard before this even came about was that he was eyeing a different job anyhow and would be out at seasons end. Now that the college job opened and he is the front runner no doubt in my mind he is gone. IMO a poor decision but no suprise, considering he will now follow his son and coach him for another 4 years. Facility wise Pikeville College has no plans of a new field or anything of that nature at most they may get new equipment. Talk had it 2 years ago they were going to build an indoor facility while Looney was there now that has went away. With the building of they new addition to the med school which is a multi million dollar project, the college will have no funds to put forth to the athletic programs.

I'm not exactly sure how truthful it is, but Governor Patton, VP Hurley, and AD Staggs have all confirmed Athletic Facilities upgrades within the next year.
If you were a fan of Bell's before the state championship you would know that they are rumors every year, last year it was Greer to South Laurel,,,, FYI Mills would leave Knox for nothing. The Knox Central job is why Mills starting coahing to begin with. Coach Mills is a Central GRad!!!!!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:From what I had heard before this even came about was that he was eyeing a different job anyhow and would be out at seasons end. Now that the college job opened and he is the front runner no doubt in my mind he is gone. IMO a poor decision but no suprise, considering he will now follow his son and coach him for another 4 years. Facility wise Pikeville College has no plans of a new field or anything of that nature at most they may get new equipment. Talk had it 2 years ago they were going to build an indoor facility while Looney was there now that has went away. With the building of they new addition to the med school which is a multi million dollar project, the college will have no funds to put forth to the athletic programs.

The first part of your post is what we hear every year here. It's been that way for upteen years now. So what you heard is the same thing that was heard last year. As before, I'm betting he stays right here. I think I've won every bet on this topic every year since it started. Leaving for Bourbon wasn't a secret. Everyone knew he was leaving back then. So, I'm willing to bet it again if there's any takers out there....This is the same old story. Ask anyone hear and they'll tell you that. But, if he decides to go, best of luck to him.
easyM Wrote:The first part of your post is what we hear every year here. It's been that way for upteen years now. So what you heard is the same thing that was heard last year. As before, I'm betting he stays right here. I think I've won every bet on this topic every year since it started. Leaving for Bourbon wasn't a secret. Everyone knew he was leaving back then. So, I'm willing to bet it again if there's any takers out there....This is the same old story. Ask anyone hear and they'll tell you that. But, if he decides to go, best of luck to him.

I hope he stays! Its not always greener on the other side and he should remember that.
Real Badman Wrote:No?

Thats the most silliest thing I've heard. I will agree that yes he is a good coach and that it is a fact he applied. And as of Wednesday (1 day after the job went public) he was the front runner. I do believe PC will get way more people who are just as qualified. Maybe some people who have actually had college coaching experience. Anyways we all forget, just because a coach is great at the high school level...Well, its not always going to make the best college coach.

I'm not exactly sure how truthful it is, but Governor Patton, VP Hurley, and AD Staggs have all confirmed Athletic Facilities upgrades within the next year.

Whats silly? I never said he would be great in College?

I went on a recruiting trip to PC last year, and they told us of having a indoor facility, but they could just been trying to find a way to persuade us to go there. I'm not sure where the talks are on the indoor facility anymore due to the fact I chose not to attend.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Whats silly? I never said he would be great in College?

You said he had the job if he wanted it. applying he was the best option or the only worth sought option for PC.
easyM Wrote:The first part of your post is what we hear every year here. It's been that way for upteen years now. So what you heard is the same thing that was heard last year. As before, I'm betting he stays right here. I think I've won every bet on this topic every year since it started. Leaving for Bourbon wasn't a secret. Everyone knew he was leaving back then. So, I'm willing to bet it again if there's any takers out there....This is the same old story. Ask anyone hear and they'll tell you that. But, if he decides to go, best of luck to him.

This was actually coming from a coach who had spoken to him and is fairly close to him, so that is where I was taking it from.
Real Badman Wrote:No?

If so then great however, the college is seemingly no longer dedicated to the atheltic programs like it had before Looney. There is no land that the college currently owns to which they could build a football stadium unless they did where the soccer and football teams practice which in return would mean no parking. Now, I could potentialy see a new weight room maybe in the near future considering it would not only benefit one program but all programs. The interesting thing is the college at one point had a deal cut with the YMCA to use their facilites but one coach ruined that. So, we shall see, as part of the campus newspaper from talks ive had there are no plans and we are told of all new renovations to facilites at Pikeville College.
HawksRule Wrote:I went on a recruiting trip to PC last year, and they told us of having a indoor facility, but they could just been trying to find a way to persuade us to go there. I'm not sure where the talks are on the indoor facility anymore due to the fact I chose not to attend.

No, we actually ran a story last year in the campus newspaper on the plans for the indoor facility. The plans and funding were there for it and they actually had slightly started grading the area which was the grass spot beside the gym and baseball fields. However, I am afraid once they got the new med school approved by the campus board it went by the way side.
Mr. Bell County will be leaving Bell. I have heard from a very good source that there is a power struggle with the current admin and he is looking to move on to Carson Newman or PC. I know this source pretty well and am pretty sure this is the truth. But there is always things we still will never know. But I will stand behind these comments.. Too bad , because dudley had this great wall of china built around Southeast KY. lol
Real Badman Wrote:You said he had the job if he wanted it. applying he was the best option or the only worth sought option for PC.

He is their #1 choice right now. Been told by a very reliable source. He went up again on Wednesday I believe to view the campus and meet with them again. All PC is waiting on is a answer from Mr Dudley himself of yay or nay. He was suppose to do one more Dudley Hilton show and he was a no show. Come to find out he was in Pikeville.
Is the reason he might leave the same reason a Emergency Booster club mtg was called a month or so before the season started this year. Is School Admin not supporting football like they used to or what? I mean Seriously.
Any word on who might take over at Bell?
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next