Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things don't look good for Enes Kanter
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:UK Basketball: UK athletics director Mitch Barnhart gives no new information on Kanter

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...7287.story

I dont know if its a good thing or bad thing that it is taking this long, but something needs to happen, its getting a little ridiculous...

I agree. The more time that ticks off, is just another game we are without him. I really don't understand why Cal didn't get us another big body like he did with Cousins and Orton. I mean TJ is a big body but he doesn't play like a big man should.. Nothing like cousins and not as aggressive as Cousins..

Orton did good I thought, he blocked shots and played big under the goal. Might not had been a scoring machine but he definitley helped us. I wished he would have stayed.
Ballers Wrote:I agree. The more time that ticks off, is just another game we are without him. I really don't understand why Cal didn't get us another big body like he did with Cousins and Orton. I mean TJ is a big body but he doesn't play like a big man should.. Nothing like cousins and not as aggressive as Cousins..

Orton did good I thought, he blocked shots and played big under the goal. Might not had been a scoring machine but he definitley helped us. I wished he would have stayed.

He may be the only player in the history of the NCAA that averaged a negative in the points column.

For every point it seemed like he had a goaltend lol
zaga_fan Wrote:He may be the only player in the history of the NCAA that averaged a negative in the points column.

For every point it seemed like he had a goaltend lol

At least he attempted to block shots.
Ballers Wrote:At least he attempted to block shots.

His goaltends were completely baffling.
Half of them were on their way down for a good foot or so lol
zaga_fan Wrote:His goaltends were completely baffling.
Half of them were on their way down for a good foot or so lol

Some were, some wasn't.
Either way he was a good defender and is a big body we'd like to have this year.
Ballers Wrote:Some were, some wasn't.
Either way he was a good defender and is a big body we'd like to have this year.

:Thumbs:
Any idea when we will have any new news on this?
this is a uk basketball thread :moon:
JHillbilly Wrote:this is a uk basketball thread :moon:

huh??
king360 Wrote:huh??

Yeah, what he said!:flame:

LOL - Honestly king360, I have no idea what he meant:yikes:
JHillbilly Wrote:this is a uk basketball thread :moon:

YOur So Smart!
News from today, suggests that UK is feeling rather positive about the situation. But you know who really has a freakin clue.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is taking way to long...but what else do you expect from the NCAA.
Aslan Wrote:This is taking way to long...but what else do you expect from the NCAA.

Just look at what happened to Sydney last year. I mean they seriously just do what ever the heck they want at anytime with out any emotion for the student.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
This does not need to go on much longer! He is either eligible or he isn't. Not fair for the kid or the team.
They may make a ruling by mid-March/early April. :HitWall:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:They may make a ruling by mid-March/early April. :HitWall:

lol
Da Horn Wrote:This does not need to go on much longer! He is either eligible or he isn't. Not fair for the kid or the team.

Exactly, it is absolutely irrational to do this to a current STUDENT ATHLETE!
[SIZE="4"]
This is an appeal, the ruling was already been made, so it should not be a surprise to the student athlete!
He will be playing come January.
Stardust Wrote:This is an appeal, the ruling was already been made, so it should not be a surprise to the student athlete!

It is not in the appeal process right now. The case got resubmitted for ruling because of new information that UK brought to the case. So depending on this new situation.... It still can go back to the appeals committee.
[SIZE="4"]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:It is not in the appeal process right now. The case got resubmitted for ruling because of new information that UK brought to the case. So depending on this new situation.... It still can go back to the appeals committee.

It is in the Appeals procss. UK had already received the ruling and the appealed that decision with new information.
ESPN Insider has an article talking about the upcoming Enes Kanter deicision and there is some interesting information in the article..Take a look.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Question MarkEnes Kanter, F/C, Fr., KentuckyTop 100 Rank: 5
The University of Kentucky, emboldened by an NCAA ruling that cleared Auburn quarterback Cam Newton for a similar offense, is waiting to hear the results of its appeal on Enes Kanter's eligibility.

The answer could come any day. Several NBA sources with ties to the Kentucky program told ESPN.com over the weekend that Kentucky feels good about its chances now that the NCAA has established a precedent with its decision to allow Newton to play, despite the fact that his father took substantial benefits. The facts are very similar in Kanter's case and Kentucky believes the NCAA will rule in its favor.

If Kanter is ruled eligible, the Turkish big man should immediately enter the discussion as the potential No. 1 pick in the draft. Not only will he come in and fill an immediate need for the team (the Wildcats are desperate for a big man in the middle) but his mature game should immediately pay dividends. Teams usually prefer big men at the top of the draft and Kanter is poised to go high if he can get on the floor.

Ironically, Terrence Jones could also benefit from Kanter's return. Jones has been forced to play out of position so far. Kanter's absence has had its benefits. Jones has proven to be a better rebounder and shot blocker than scouts had imagined. But he should blossom being moved back to a more natural position on the wing.
Our information is different. But from my understanding, after he was ruled permanently ineligible, UK went to the appeals board (made up of a different committee than the first ruling board). We all know that part.The next part seems to be were our information seems crossed.
UK was not as confidence with the potential ruling from the appeals board and after the Cam Newton story decision was made, UK was allowed to resubmit the case to the first board (not the appeals board from my understanding-correct me if Im wrong). Depending on this ruling, UK will still be able to take it to the appeal committee once again, if needed. Isn't that were we are right now? Let me know if I am interpreting something wrong.
[SIZE="4"]
^ I'm pretty sure you have everything right Scotty.
I may have something crossed but this was what I have been reading on various websites.
[SIZE="4"]
This case is going back to the original board and this will help UK's chances I can't think of the man's name but he contacted the appeal committee and encouraged them to overturn it. So here is his chance to do it himself.
beasy_bo Wrote:This case is going back to the original board and this will help UK's chances I can't think of the man's name but he contacted the appeal committee and encouraged them to overturn it. So here is his chance to do it himself.

Me likey! I think that this decision HAS to be made rather soon.
[SIZE="4"]
If it was any other team they would have made a decision by now. The fact that it is UK is the reason for the delay.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I hate to think anything like a conspiracy or anything like that (because it happens to other poor student athletes) but this is getting downright stupid. How THEY can affect a kids semester as well as the teams plans like this is way beyond logic.
[SIZE="4"]