Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
68.60%
Central Yellow Jackets
31.40%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Lou. Central (3A State Finals)
as usual everyone is doubting belfry. havent we shown you all repeatly all season DONT DOUBT US! ONE TOWN, ONE TEAM, ONE HEARTBEAT! THE DREAM SEASON CONTINUES!
you gotta believe in those PIRATES! i dont care what record either team holds, i do not care who they've played it DOES NOT matter in this game. somerset came to the cam undefeated and all season long everyone said belfry wouldn't make it anywhere that our team was awful this season, well look where we are now!
im a true pirate i bleed red 'til the end!
WE ARE BELFRY!! GO BIG RED!
we believe in you boys, bring that big state trophy back to POND CREEK!

THE DREAM SEASON CONTINUES IN BOWLING GREEN SATURDAY!
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL, GO BIG RED, WIN IT ALL!

WE LOVE OUR PIRATES!!!!!!!

I wanna see Belfry win, hopefully they will, but Central's speed is a big factor.

Central-29
Belfry-17
cuppett777 Wrote:atleast they get a Chance, EVRYONE NEEDS TO COME AND SUPPORT THEM, driving from Arkansas to watch this one...
Dont get me wrong I want Belfry to win. I just dont think they will. I hope they prove me wrong.
Coachdad Wrote:Man what kind of fantasy world are you living in ? What dumb ss thinks these are the same two teams as 3 years ago ? These central boys could care less about "who's role is what they don't give a darn about any roles they are expected to win the 3a championship(much like trinity in 6a) every year . Like I said at the beginning of the year since the 6 class system began central was then 23-1 in 3a they are now 30-1 in 3a

ok since Belfry has been back in 3a, they have 4 loses, 1 to Central in the finals,07..one in 08 in semis,one in 09 second round to SC, who went to the semis, and one in 2010 reg season to SC, BUT THEY ARE IN ALOT HARDER DISTRICT than Central...not taking anything away from them, but there not Trinity of 3a:please:
30-1come on man forget about the district they have one loss inthe semis by a field goal to PT and that's it. Were i come from we call that hating
Belfry by 8
OK anybody thinking we get blown out is crazy. What Belfry pirate squad have you watched early 2010 or playoff Belfry. They said somersets speed was to good for us.We will have a 12th man ,Our crowd will make some major noise. The score will be 28-24 Belfry gets Third state. Oh and this is not guessTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
And seniors make sure u have fun most of all.
I've said all year that Central is the best team in 3A. I'm not backing of that. Two very quick teams. I'll take Central 28-14.
Central by 18
Ive grown up with most of these seniors, and they know what this means, we all do.
You can rest assured that everything they have in their bodies is gonna be left on that field.
Central took that ring away when we were Freshmen, and somehow, despite all the obstacles were back our senior year. A chance to finish what started 3 years ago.

Belfry 28
Central 25
Coachdad Wrote:30-1come on man forget about the district they have one loss inthe semis by a field goal to PT and that's it. Were i come from we call that hating

Central is the King of 3A. There is no denying.

But it is also pretty clear that Belfry's resume shows they are not far behind them. It isn't like Central is about to play some wide-eyed team from the mountains of EKY who will dribble urine down their leg at the sight of coming out of the tunnel come Saturday.

Belfry has been here before, they have the pedigree to compete, and they have the head coaching as well. You won't find a Belfry fan who does not respect Central and acknowledge that this week will be a tall test, but at the same time some of the predictions on here from fans seem to suggest Belfry may as well forfeit and take their runner-up trophy and avoid embarassment. Central may beat Belfry, they may win decisively if the ball bounces in their favor, but they will not beat Belfry 59-20 and pull their starters by Halftime.
Why did you direct your comment to me ? IVE never said Belfry was not a good team & none of the central fans said it either it has been your own fans doubting belfry they played us a good game, but on that turnover you talked about in 07 title game it was not an unforced error Terrell wadlington came up knocked the snot out of your star Dustin may I believe, knocked the ball out and recovered it himself to end any threat of a come back. Over the years I have seen central pull out some wins when they were down with less than one min remaining. Yea mr cobble was very very good for us but he is about the 6th or 7th best dl to play for central the past 15 years, still have Corey peters, James McKinney , Anthony bonner , Kendrick Bailey, and about 3 more or so. Belfry has tradition, is a good team that central will not overlook.heck our whole front four off the 07 team were studs along with the linebackers secondary and the whole offense, however that team would get absolutely destroyed by about 6 other teams we gave had I was a coach for them 94-95 we were 24-4 those two years w victories over male and trinity on back to back weekends, seniors from 97 beat trinity 3 out of 4 years.
Well i don't know who will win but i do know we have just as good a shoot as they do but if we listen to all you people on here i guess Belfry should just stay home and give it to them i guess that is why we won't listen to you people.
'' GOOD LUCK PIRATES''
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Well i don't know who will win but i do know we have just as good a shoot as they do but if we listen to all you people on here i guess Belfry should just stay home and give it to them i guess that is why we won't listen to you people.
'' GOOD LUCK PIRATES''
What is wrong with you all? I REAPEAT it is your own fans and neutral fans saying this NOT central fans ! I don't get why you keep repeating this.is there something that I am missing? For crying out loud!
Coachdad Wrote:Why did you direct your comment to me ? IVE never said Belfry was not a good team & none of the central fans said it either it has been your own fans doubting belfry they played us a good game, but on that turnover you talked about in 07 title game it was not an unforced error Terrell wadlington came up knocked the snot out of your star Dustin may I believe, knocked the ball out and recovered it himself to end any threat of a come back. .

Ivan Lee fumbled, not Dustin May. The play prior to it the OL (he was probably Belfry's best OL that year too) who would have been responsible for blocking Waddlington left with an injury and was on the sidelines. It was a clean hit and forced fumble, but Central was teeing off on Belfry all game and the Pirates were holding on to the ball, this was just the time the stars aligned perfectly and it happened to be at the worst possible time. Belfry may not have scored anyway, Central may not have had a chance to even run an offensive play, Belfry might have fumbled the very next snap, there is no way to tell for sure. But what was apparent is that those two teams were not 10 points apart in the grand scheme of things, and if people are reverting back to that game for their source of these blowout predictions then they are doing themselves an injustice without not knowing how that game really played out.

I stand by what I said about Cobble. He didnt have the size of those other guys, but the way he dominated opposition and disrupted gameplans, I still think he is better than McKinnie and Peters at the HS level. That 07 team may not be better then the other Central teams, but I stand by my assertion that the 07 team was still considerably better then the 2010 team. For the sake of arguement, I also gladly conceive that the 2007 Belfry team was considerably better than this year's squad as well.
Coachdad Wrote:What is wrong with you all? I REAPEAT it is your own fans and neutral fans saying this NOT central fans ! I don't get why you keep repeating this.is there something that I am missing? For crying out loud!
As for all the so called "speed" somerset is supposed to have look what tilghman did to them last year
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ivan Lee fumbled, not Dustin May. The play prior to it the OL (he was probably Belfry's best OL that year too) who would have been responsible for blocking Waddlington left with an injury and was on the sidelines. It was a clean hit and forced fumble, but Central was teeing off on Belfry all game and the Pirates were holding on to the ball, this was just the time the stars aligned perfectly and it happened to be at the worst possible time. Belfry may not have scored anyway, Central may not have had a chance to even run an offensive play, Belfry might have fumbled the very next snap, there is no way to tell for sure. But what was apparent is that those two teams were not 10 points apart in the grand scheme of things, and if people are reverting back to that game for their source of these blowout predictions then they are doing themselves an injustice without not knowing how that game really played out.

I stand by what I said about Cobble. He didnt have the size of those other guys, but the way he dominated opposition and disrupted gameplans, I still think he is better than McKinnie and Peters at the HS level. That 07 team may not be better then the other Central teams, but I stand by my assertion that the 07 team was still considerably better then the 2010 team. For the sake of arguement, I also gladly conceive that the 2007 Belfry team was considerably better than this year's squad as well.
Eku you are very fair in your assessment but I beg to differ. Cobble was 6-1 290 in high school so he has the size just a couple inches shorter he is the only player in centrals history to make 1st team all state back to back so I am not taking anything away from him he is one of the best in school history. And I review the tape your right it was your big ol 250 pound short yardage back who got his head knocked off and the ball popped out. I believe centrals 97 seniors were the only class in KY high school history to beat trinity 3 out of 4 years, St.X cannot even say that!
Coachdad Wrote:Man what kind of fantasy world are you living in ? What dumb ss thinks these are the same two teams as 3 years ago ? These central boys could care less about "who's role is what they don't give a darn about any roles they are expected to win the 3a championship(much like trinity in 6a) every year . Like I said at the beginning of the year since the 6 class system began central was then 23-1 in 3a they are now 30-1 in 3a

I hear what you are saying Coachdad, it's an old school line of thought, and it makes sense. How can anyone deny that record, 30-1 against 3A teams is unreal. Belfry coaches and players understand that Central is the favorite and what we have to do is to go to Bowling Green and try and knock them off that hill.

The game will be won on the field, not online. Forget the past, focus on the job at hand. Throw all the predictions and analysis out the window, it all comes down to taking care of business. Say your prayers, strap 'em up, tape what needs taped, line up and go to war. Do your job, beat your man, and leave it all on the field. Let the best team win.

Can't wait.
Belfry=28
Central=24
Belfry Insider Wrote:OK anybody thinking we get blown out is crazy. What Belfry pirate squad have you watched early 2010 or playoff Belfry. They said somersets speed was to good for us.We will have a 12th man ,Our crowd will make some major noise. The score will be 28-24 Belfry gets Third state. Oh and this is not guessTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
And seniors make sure u have fun most of all.

Central likely has a lot more speed than Somerset.
Belfry-24
Central-20
Central by 12
what is the status of the KHSAA review of the Moore - Central game-ending fight. Did the ejection of 35 Moore players mean they were fighting amongst themselves and no Central players were involved? Or were Central players involved but just defending themselves? Then I read something where JCPS officials were going to wait until after the end of play this year to make a decision.
some of centrals line is quicker than some backs. just bring your a game and lets get it on 0n on :Cheerlead
Buc-a-roo Wrote:I hear what you are saying Coachdad, it's an old school line of thought, and it makes sense. How can anyone deny that record, 30-1 against 3A teams is unreal. Belfry coaches and players understand that Central is the favorite and what we have to do is to go to Bowling Green and try and knock them off that hill.

The game will be won on the field, not online. Forget the past, focus on the job at hand. Throw all the predictions and analysis out the window, it all comes down to taking care of business. Say your prayers, strap 'em up, tape what needs taped, line up and go to war. Do your job, beat your man, and leave it all on the field. Let the best team win.

Can't wait.

:Clap:Me either EKU...The difference in this team and the 07 team is..."They have been the underdog all yr.." They weren't expected to get this far
(noted in BGR Forum, sports journalist, and sports know-it-alls")! Yet here they are...As for this senior group of young men, they have a mutual respect for Louisville Central. After all, we have went to state tournaments and sat on Central's side. They know are fully aware of the task at hand and they will be ready..Good luck to both teams, may it be an injury-free game! One Team, One Town, One heartbeat! THE PIRATE NATION IS ABOUT TO INVADE BOWLING GREEN! GO BIG RED!TongueirateSho
Belfry - 28
Central - 27

Belfry in the underdog role this week against a quicker, more experienced Central team. Also was the Underdog at Undefeated Mason, and Undefeated #1 Somerset

Belfry is playing their best ball of the season right now and are peaking at the right time. I still say Belfry hasnt had their perfect game yet....Maybe it's Saturday in Bowling Green

Go Pirates!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We will be walking in Saturday very proud and we will be leaving proud. The Pirates can always look back on what they have done this season and be proud. pirates keep your eyes on the prize. you are already winners!!!!TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Buc-a-roo Wrote:I hear what you are saying Coachdad, it's an old school line of thought, and it makes sense. How can anyone deny that record, 30-1 against 3A teams is unreal. Belfry coaches and players understand that Central is the favorite and what we have to do is to go to Bowling Green and try and knock them off that hill.

Can't wait.

blazin_ky Wrote::Clap:Me either EKU...The difference in this team and the 07 team is..."They have been the underdog all yr.." They weren't expected to get this far
(noted in BGR Forum, sports journalist, and sports know-it-alls")! Yet here they are...As for this senior group of young men, they have a mutual respect for Louisville Central. After all, we have went to state tournaments and sat on Central's side. [B]They know are fully aware of the task at hand[/B] and they will be ready..Good luck to both teams, may it be an injury-free game! One Team, One Town, One heartbeat! THE PIRATE NATION IS ABOUT TO INVADE BOWLING GREEN! GO BIG RED!TongueirateSho
Oops..They are fully aware of the task at hand!

well, isn't that special but if it's all the same to you we'll just load up our buses, waste our diesel, and play the game before we hand out the hardware.
Central has played a brutal schedule and are peaking right now. It will truely be an upset if they win.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next