Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
68.60%
Central Yellow Jackets
31.40%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Lou. Central (3A State Finals)
Well, lets hear it. Since the site has been down, I'm sure there are some Belfry people chomping at the bit to post. Good luck to both teams!
Central 32
Belfry 16
Twitter: @tc_analytics

this Pirate team...what can I say...who would have ever thought...well any ways I gotta go with the PIRATES to bring home the 3A state championship...this team just has so much heart...along with a ton of young talent...I'll see everyone at bowling green...GO PIRATES!!!
I'm going with the Pirates! They've shocked me all season. Why not do it one more time.

Go Pirates!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:I'm going with the Pirates! They've shocked me all season. Why not do it one more time.

Go Pirates!

i am with you, but i will be there to see this one..last time Belfry was the favorites and they lost this time Central will be favored by probally couple tds,Belfry wins this one by 7 or less..
This may be UGLY. Belfry has been a big surprise and congrads to their team, but Central will have a easy time.
Belfry will try to run the ball and kill clock, but Central will make a couple of big plays and when Belfry is down early, Central will start smelling blood.
Central 45
Belfry 14
This Pirate team is alot different than the 08 team that faced central,they can run up the gut,they can run the corners,and oh yeah... THEY CAN PASS!!!
Looking at Central's record, they have played some of the best Big schools in the state. Very impressive.
Old Henry Man Wrote:This may be UGLY. Belfry has been a big surprise and congrads to their team, but Central will have a easy time.
Belfry will try to run the ball and kill clock, but Central will make a couple of big plays and when Belfry is down early, Central will start smelling blood.
Central 45
Belfry 14

my friend, we dont try to run the football...WE WILL RUN THE FOOTBALL!!!TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Stardust Wrote:Looking at Central's record, they have played some of the best Big schools in the state. Very impressive.

yes it is , and with that they will be big favors, but just glad Belfry gets a chance, anything can happen in one game,they cant turn ball over and cant get dwon if Central gets early lead on them, has to be best game of the year for them, i think they can pull off the upset
Central 20-14
In Haywood We Trust.
Tilghman's two backs could not run, Williams had acute stomach flu and Brown had a shoulder separation. When it became clear Tilghman had no ground game, Central dropped everybody back and picked off passes and picked up fumbles. Wales is incredibly fast. Central's defense is suspect but it was obviously sufficient Friday.
Belfry0304 Wrote:In Haywood We Trust.

:worthy:
Belfry0304 Wrote:In Haywood We Trust.

AmenTongueirateSho
Belfry has their work cut out. Central is on par with Johnson Central in terms of running game and Wales is an elite level back.

Belfry will have no chance if they turn the ball over early like last night.
Certainly looks like a tall order for Belfry. But, I think it helps that Louisville Central is a predominantly run team. Gear up, strap em up tight and get ready to stop the run.
would love to say pirates but central has to much quickness for belfry.belfry has quickness in dotson johnson and pruitt but just one of them plays defence central will out run secondary of belfrys with ease. good luck piratesTongueirateSho
Central 35
Belfry 21

Central has too much speed and too many athletes for Belfry.
If we are within a score in the
4th I believe we come back to pond creek sporting championship trophy. Go Pirates!
Central Runs the score up with 3rd string in by half

CENTRAL 59
BELFRY-17
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry has their work cut out. Central is on par with Johnson Central in terms of running game and Wales is an elite level back.

Belfry will have no chance if they turn the ball over early like last night.

Belfry was without Messer, Gibbs, and Dixon on defense against JC. I think Coach Haywood will have the boys ready this time... it'll be a tough task but I believe in my brothers.
padd4pirate Wrote:This Pirate team is alot different than the 08 team that faced central,they can run up the gut,they can run the corners,and oh yeah... THEY CAN PASS!!!

That was 2007. And while I like the confidence, this Pirate team is no where near as talented as the 2007 team. What this team has going for it is it is peaking at the right time and they play with a ton of heart and grit. Belfry will be a huge underdog next week, just like we were against Mason County and Somerset. Confusedhh:
UCFB Wrote:Central Runs the score up with 3rd string in by half

CENTRAL 59
BELFRY-17

i like your predictions, like when you said Union would win big in the state finals...:please:, they may win, but it wont be like that..

CENTRAL 59
BELFRY-17

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn Central may very well win, but having 3rd string in by half...:zzz:
Buc-a-roo Wrote:That was 2007. And while I like the confidence, this Pirate team is no where near as talented as the 2007 team. What this team has going for it is it is peaking at the right time and they play with a ton of heart and grit. Belfry will be a huge underdog next week, just like we were against Mason County and Somerset. Confusedhh:

but neither is this Central team, there good but not the team they had in 2007

CENTRAL 59
BELFRY-17

Central may win..they may beat Belfry handidly (if the Pirates lay the ball on the ground).... but they will not remotely come close to your prediction.
Not even the most faithful member of Pond Creek Nation could honestly say they thought Belfry would end up in Bowling Green after the P-Burg game to begin the year. This is a typical Haywood coached team, meaning they got better as the year went along.
I think Central is too much unfortunately in this game.
Central 31
Belfry 14
after hearing tilghmans backs were hurt i readjust my prediction

Central 59
Belfry 23
UCFB Wrote:after hearing tilghmans backs were hurt i readjust my prediction

Central 59
Belfry 23

WoW!!:thatsfunn
  • 1(current)
  • Next