Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darius Miller Draft Watch
Stardust, I agree with everything that was posted in you last post. However, there is one thing:

Stardust Wrote:- What really troubles me, though, is the continuing disappearing act of Darius Miller when the team needs it the most. When UK was searching for offense at the under-8-min. mark, where was Darius? I honestly do not know. This is something that must be fixed. He MUST be more aggressive onthe offensive end when his team needs it.

Darius Miller isn't the one to expect points from. Don't get me wrong, if Darius Miller has a great shooting night and he want to score in a close game, then let him. However, Darius Miller is like Darnell Dodson from last year in that he's a great addition, but since there's so much talent around him, he's not "necessary". Since there are so many scorers on the University of Kentucky's team, don't expect him to be the only one to score a lot of points in a close game.

You can look at Patrick Patterson from last year. He could score a lot of points. However, when there was a close game, the basketball was given to John Wall or DeMarcus Cousins. Every now and then, Patrick Patterson would score at needed times, but it was mostly John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins. So when a team has multiple scorers, you can't expect one player to score a lot of points. The big effect that a player can have on those types of teams is on playing defense and getting rebounds, not scoring points.
8 Points and 3 Rebounds in the win over Washington.
MVP2 Wrote:8 Points and 3 Rebounds in the win over Washington.

And he was given the ball enough times that if he had the ability to take over a game, he could have. His 8 points was due to him not taking charge. And that is the reason why he is not a first round draft pick.
Stardust Wrote:And he was given the ball enough times that if he had the ability to take over a game, he could have. His 8 points was due to him not taking charge. And that is the reason why he is not a first round draft pick.

I don't agree, sorry Dust.
Knight should be getting him open for the spot up 3.
Ballers Wrote:I don't agree, sorry Dust.

If I were a 6'7"-223 lb guard with his ability...
spot up 3s would be the least of my worries.
I'd be throwing it down on someone.
He needs to be more agressive.
He's now at 9 ppg 6 rpg
Ballers Wrote:I don't agree, sorry Dust.

We will agree to disagree on this one. From what I saw, Darius had the ball enough times to create his own shot. When he didn't he rarely worked off of screens hard enough to get open. And IMO, Darius is NOT a spot up three shooter! Can he? Yes! Is he? No!
He didn't get a lot of PT in this one because of early foul trouble..
IMO, if it had not been for that, he woulda had around 13-15 points and more boards.
Stardust Wrote:And he was given the ball enough times that if he had the ability to take over a game, he could have. His 8 points was due to him not taking charge. And that is the reason why he is not a first round draft pick.

His 8 points was die to as soon as he made a three he picked up another foul. To go along with that offensive foul to start the game. Its hard to go strong to the basket when u pick up cheap calls.
^Another good post by you Wildcat.
Ballers Wrote:He didn't get a lot of PT in this one because of early foul trouble..
IMO, if it had not been for that, he woulda had around 13-15 points and more boards.

Wildcatk23 Wrote:His 8 points was die to as soon as he made a three he picked up another foul. To go along with that offensive foul to start the game. Its hard to go strong to the basket when u pick up cheap calls.

Ballers Wrote:^Another good post by you Wildcat.

C'mon guys, he got 24 minutes! He has played 26-31 minutes max in his three games. Don't give me the crap that he got taken out of his game because of foul trouble!

Bingo.
Stardust Wrote:C'mon guys, he got 24 minutes! He has played 26-31 minutes max in his three games. Don't give me the crap that he got taken out of his game because of foul trouble!

Well its true..
He had less time played in this one than his other games.

IMO Brandon Knight stole the show and was hogging the spotlight..
Miller will have his points, just watch and see..
This was a grudge match, I expected Miller to not score as much..
Ballers Wrote:Well its true..
He had less time played in this one than his other games.

IMO Brandon Knight stole the show and was hogging the spotlight..
Miller will have his points, just watch and see..
This was a grudge match, I expected Miller to not score as much..

C'mon Ballers, give up the dream...:igiveup:
Stardust Wrote:C'mon Ballers, give up the dream...:igiveup:

Never.

Give up your avatar and signature pic cause that is just SICK!!!!
^ LMAO, hehehehe
Darius on any other team would be the star.This is Kentucky and there are many weapons!!
RadioVeteran Wrote:Darius on any other team would be the star.This is Kentucky and there are many weapons!!

He would be a star for Bluffton State, Valleyview institute for Swimming, and Basket Weave Culinary School for Creative Arts!
Stardust Wrote:He would be a star for Bluffton State, Valleyview institute for Swimming, and Basket Weave Culinary School for Creative Arts!

Why all the Darius Hate? He's an important part of the team.:dontthink
RadioVeteran Wrote:Why all the Darius Hate? He's an important part of the team.:dontthink

Why, did we have to put a uniform on so many players....:biggrin:

No, got me all wrong. I know this kid for many years. I'd love to see him be a lottery pick, but this thread or for the sole purpose for reminding Ballers how dumb his preseason prediction of Darius being a Lottery pick was!:biggrin:
If he keeps playing like he did last night, you shall eat those words. Hes already had 2 15 point games.. Far stretch from last year.
I am "Ballers" for a reason.. I see a Baller inside of him, that I guess noone else can see.
Ballers Wrote:If he keeps playing like he did last night, you shall eat those words. Hes already had 2 15 point games.. Far stretch from last year.
I am "Ballers" for a reason.. I see a Baller inside of him, that I guess noone else can see.

I sure am glad that I don't count on your player analysis to pick the lottery:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:I sure am glad that I don't count on your player analysis to pick the lottery:biggrin:

The way my predictions have been so far, that's probably a good idea.
^ lol
Stardust Wrote:Why, did we have to put a uniform on so many players....:biggrin:

No, got me all wrong. I know this kid for many years. I'd love to see him be a lottery pick, but this thread or for the sole purpose for reminding Ballers how dumb his preseason prediction of Darius being a Lottery pick was!:biggrin:

SD, that's definitely not why I made this thread Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:SD, that's definitely not why I made this thread Wink

I'm waiting on a new average since his 15 point game Zaga but I'm not seeing it Smile
Ballers Wrote:I'm waiting on a new average since his 15 point game Zaga but I'm not seeing it Smile

10.2 ppg 5.6 rbg Wink
So let me get this straight..

Darius Miller is averaging 10 points a game!?!?!? As a junior!?!?! That's a big leap from last year don't you think so too?
Ballers Wrote:So let me get this straight..

Darius Miller is averaging 10 points a game!?!?!? As a junior!?!?! That's a big leap from last year don't you think so too?

It's massive
It will just keep increasing.