•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 2011
I have just read on another thread that Tim Smith has been declared eligible for the 2011 - 2012 school year. This event should definitely help Sheldon Clark.

Things seem to be coming together for SC this year, but I have to think that the line is certainly a concern. A great deal of work and desire can go a long way, so let us hope this comes to fruition.

Good luck, Cardinals!
I don't care if you have Emmitt Smith in the backfield, if the line doesn't block then it wont matter...

Good luck to SC can't wait for the matchup in Louisa.
Everything I am hearing, the line will be pretty good?
False Hope Wrote:Everything I am hearing, the line will be pretty good?

We'll have to wait and see how the line shapes up. Let's hope that they do well.

I think we will see how things go as the season progresses. I believe that they will be OK. But as I just mentioned, time will tell.
The Contrarian Wrote:We'll have to wait and see how the line shapes up. Let's hope that they do well.

I think we will see how things go as the season progresses. I believe that they will be OK. But as I just mentioned, time will tell.

I am looking forward to seeing the Cardinals in action this year, and believe that they will do very well in 2011. And since I have a grandson playing his last year at SC, I plan to be at every game. I have had the pleasure of watching him and the Cards play the last three years, and am definitely looking forward to watching his senior season with the team.

Best of luck to the Cards in 2011!
paulcssi Wrote:I am looking forward to seeing the Cardinals in action this year, and believe that they will do very well in 2011. And since I have a grandson playing his last year at SC, I plan to be at every game. I have had the pleasure of watching him and the Cards play the last three years, and am definitely looking forward to watching his senior season with the team.

Best of luck to the Cards in 2011!

I am continually hearing good things about the Cards 2011 team. But I think we'll have to wait and see what happens as the season progresses. I am somewhat skeptical until I see them tested under fire.

Well, I guess that is just the nature of a Contrarian.

Oh, and paulcssi, good luck to your grandson and the Cards in the 2011 season.
Sheldon Clark scrimmages Nitro, WV tomorrow at the Rock. It starts @ 09:30 AM, I believe.

Well, this will provide an opportunity to preview SC 2011.
The Contrarian Wrote:I am continually hearing good things about the Cards 2011 team. But I think we'll have to wait and see what happens as the season progresses. I am somewhat skeptical until I see them tested under fire.

Well, I guess that is just the nature of a Contrarian.

Oh, and paulcssi, good luck to your grandson and the Cards in the 2011 season.

Landser, Amer. Wrote:Sheldon Clark scrimmages Nitro, WV tomorrow at the Rock. It starts @ 09:30 AM, I believe.

Well, this will provide an opportunity to preview SC 2011.

I watched the Sheldon Clark vs. Nitro scrimmage this morning and was impressed with their play.

We'll have another opportunity August 20 to watch the Cards in action against Rockcastle County.
I met Tim Smith yesterday at the Sheldon Clark/Nitro scrimmage, and he seems like a courteous, well mannered young man. Good luck this season and welcome to Cardinal land.
So, how did the Cardinals look in the scrimmage?
They looked decent need to get in shape but overall i think 2011 could be a very good season for the cards. They play a tough schedule so they are gonna have to bring it week in and week out.
I posted quite some time ago that I thought the Cards would surprise a few people in the 2011 season. Now I feel they will surprise a few additional people this season.

I thought they looked pretty fair in the Nitro scrimmage Saturday. But I think we'll have a much better idea after they have faced Rockcastle County next Saturday.
The Contrarian Wrote:I posted quite some time ago that I thought the Cards would surprise a few people in the 2011 season. Now I feel they will surprise a few additional people this season.

I thought they looked pretty fair in the Nitro scrimmage Saturday. But I think we'll have a much better idea after they have faced Rockcastle County next Saturday.

Sheldon Clark was beaten by an extremely good Rockcastle County team. SC did not play well, which is an understatement, but Rockcastle had a big hand in that result.

Well, SC, you start from where you are and get ready for next Friday night. By all means, don't get down, don't hang your heads, and don't let a poor game destroy you. Do the very best you can with what you have.
The Contrarian Wrote:Sheldon Clark was beaten by an extremely good Rockcastle County team. SC did not play well, which is an understatement, but Rockcastle had a big hand in that result.

Well, SC, you start from where you are and get ready for next Friday night. By all means, don't get down, don't hang your heads, and don't let a poor game destroy you. Do the very best you can with what you have.

I look for Sheldon Clark to look much better against Prestonsburg than they did against Rockcastle County. We will have an opportunity to see this Friday night.
Landser, Amer. Wrote:I look for Sheldon Clark to look much better against Prestonsburg than they did against Rockcastle County. We will have an opportunity to see this Friday night.

Let's hope that they do! Against Rockcastle County they faced a much superior team and was beaten soundly. The line was, simply, overwhelmed, thus KP and Tim didn't get much running room.

I was disappointed in Tim's unsportsmanlike conduct call, when he either spiked the ball or threw it at the tackler. It cost the Cards 15 yards; they surely didn't need that. Also, when he had a decent gain against the Rockcastle JV's with SC down 39, he flexed as if it was a major feat. Coach Hager should talk to this young man, immediately.

I vividly recall last year against Pike Central when SC was making a phenomenal comeback, SC player received an unsportsmanlike call and it stifled the Cards opportunity to possibly win the game. So those kind of things can lose the game.

I certainly hope that the line makes some major adjustments prior to this Friday night.
I most certainly hope that Sheldon Clark can come back strong against a very good Prestonsburg team this Friday night. Quite obviously most think Prestonsburg will win BIG. And if one considers only the Rockcastle fiasco, one is certainly entitled to that opinion.

But this coming Friday is another day, and we will just have to wait and see how things work out.

Never give up hope!
The Contrarian Wrote:I most certainly hope that Sheldon Clark can come back strong against a very good Prestonsburg team this Friday night. Quite obviously most think Prestonsburg will win BIG. And if one considers only the Rockcastle fiasco, one is certainly entitled to that opinion.

But this coming Friday is another day, and we will just have to wait and see how things work out.

Never give up hope!

Well, Contrarian, Friday, August 26, was another day, the same poor results, just a different team. It did seem that SC's line did perform a little better, but the extremely poor coaching was blatantly obvious. The play calling was terrible.

Moreover, the player utilization was questionable, to say the least. One has to wonder why an extremely talented back, such as Skyles, was used so seldom, especially in the second half. And the long pass that was picked off when they should have kept the ball on the ground, especially when they picked up two quick first downs, with plenty of time left in the game.

This whole scenario makes one wonder how this new coaching situation is working out? Well, the people close to it need review what's going on. Obviously something is not right--there's a lot of confusion going on, and this is so unfair to the young men out on the field.

I would think Mark Blackburn should investigate what is happening with the SC coaching staff.

So, Contrarian, how is this hope thing working?
This is KP Skyles' father and I have read so much on here that I know now why I haven't made a post on here in years. Coach Hager loves my son and all the team, and would do anything he could to help them. He has taken alot of heat from people on here that is uncalled for, SC is getting better and despite what others think without the turnovers SC wins that game. I read on other posts that KP was leaving, this is false ! Kp , along with others were upset and said and did things in the heat of the moment that shouldn't have been said. Some on here tried to say it is because of player comparisons between the running backs or that coaches did this or that, all of this is BS. The reason KP was upset - Loosing! nothing more nothing less. Those that know KP know he only cares about the W, doesn't matter about who scores or yardage or who calls the plays or which coach yells at him or what, it's about WINNING! I coached these kids in middle school and youth league and won championships because we were a TEAM every player gave effort and nobody cared about stats , just the W! Parents need to support this team and the coaches, and the players need to come together and play as a team, not 11 individuals out there supporting this player or that player. Look at it this way as a player, you want 1 superstar and a loosing season or play as a team and everybody has fun and win some games !
I thank all, for the care you have shown for my son, but please don't compare any of these kids, because each can contribute to this team and we have several that are very talented, let the coaches find the right spots for them, that's there job. :thanks:GOD Bless
kp10 Wrote:This is KP Skyles' father and I have read so much on here that I know now why I haven't made a post on here in years. Coach Hager loves my son and all the team, and would do anything he could to help them. He has taken alot of heat from people on here that is uncalled for, SC is getting better and despite what others think without the turnovers SC wins that game. I read on other posts that KP was leaving, this is false ! Kp , along with others were upset and said and did things in the heat of the moment that shouldn't have been said. Some on here tried to say it is because of player comparisons between the running backs or that coaches did this or that, all of this is BS. The reason KP was upset - Loosing! nothing more nothing less. Those that know KP know he only cares about the W, doesn't matter about who scores or yardage or who calls the plays or which coach yells at him or what, it's about WINNING! I coached these kids in middle school and youth league and won championships because we were a TEAM every player gave effort and nobody cared about stats , just the W! Parents need to support this team and the coaches, and the players need to come together and play as a team, not 11 individuals out there supporting this player or that player. Look at it this way as a player, you want 1 superstar and a loosing season or play as a team and everybody has fun and win some games !
I thank all, for the care you have shown for my son, but please don't compare any of these kids, because each can contribute to this team and we have several that are very talented, let the coaches find the right spots for them, that's there job. :thanks:GOD Bless

Very good post! And, yes, there has been undue criticism posted on this board, and I've been guilty myself. Many times we get caught up in the moment and do not look at the whole picture, and say or write things without thinking them through.

I certainly hope that the SC players don't read this board, but if they do, and I'm sure some of them do, that they wouldn't take it seriously. They themselves determine their future this season, not what is posted on this venue.

Best wishes to the Sheldon Clark football program, the coaches, the players, the loyal fans, and all that are involved.
The Contrarian Wrote:Very good post! And, yes, there has been undue criticism posted on this board, and I've been guilty myself. Many times we get caught up in the moment and do not look at the whole picture, and say or write things without thinking them through.

I certainly hope that the SC players don't read this board, but if they do, and I'm sure some of them do, that they wouldn't take it seriously. They themselves determine their future this season, not what is posted on this venue.

Best wishes to the Sheldon Clark football program, the coaches, the players, the loyal fans, and all that are involved.

Yeah, let's put all the criticizing and bickering behind us; let's let Coach Hager get this thing back on track, and let's back him and the team 100%!
Let us never, never give up! Sheldon Clark has gotten off to a very slow start, to say the very least. There has been a few bright spots, however. KP Skyles and Tim Smith have been running hard and have had some nice runs, with very little blocking.

If SC can minimize the costly mistakes, things will dramatically improve.

If we can get some improvement in the line I think things will be looking much better. As we all know that follow SC, there was only one returning offensive lineman returned from last years squad. And the new guys just aren't getting the job done. On the positive side, SC has one outstanding defensive lineman, Taylor Chapman, who was out, due to an injury, for the Pikeville game.

So, let us not throw in the towel, for Coach Hager is trying extremely hard to get things in the right direction, and to get the team to gel. Let us encourage the team, not criticize, condemn, or complain. Let'support them! They can do better!
How has tim smith been doing ?
Coachdad Wrote:How has tim smith been doing ?

Tim's doing alright under the circumstances; Sheldon Clark has an inexperienced line, and thus the challenges are much greater for the running backs. Both Tim Smith and KP Skyles are finding it pretty difficult but since I'm optimistic, the line and blocking will improve and the backs will have better opportunities going forward.
The Contrarian Wrote:Let us never, never give up! Sheldon Clark has gotten off to a very slow start, to say the very least. There has been a few bright spots, however. KP Skyles and Tim Smith have been running hard and have had some nice runs, with very little blocking.

If SC can minimize the costly mistakes, things will dramatically improve.

If we can get some improvement in the line I think things will be looking much better. As we all know that follow SC, there was only one returning offensive lineman returned from last years squad. And the new guys just aren't getting the job done. On the positive side, SC has one outstanding defensive lineman, Taylor Chapman, who was out, due to an injury, for the Pikeville game.

So, let us not throw in the towel, for Coach Hager is trying extremely hard to get things in the right direction, and to get the team to gel. Let us encourage the team, not criticize, condemn, or complain. Let'support them! They can do better!

Seems like alot of the things he is working on extremely hard should have been worked on a little more in the off season. It doesn't appear SC put in the work like other teams in the area such as Pburg, JC, and Belfry. But lets hope they can get the lineman to pick up a linebacker before the end of the season. Also someone needs to work on blocking with Tim Smith. He looks great when he has the ball in his hands. However when the ball isn't in his hands he lays down on the play. That is an easy fix.
I noticed that Sheldon Clark's KP Skyles was featured on WYMT's top 5 plays of the week.
Well, I like most, am disappointed this season. But if I, as a loyal fan am disappointed, how do we think the coaches and players feel. Let's not give up on them; let's get behind them, support them, and hope that they improve going forward.

Good luck Coach Hager, staff, and players.
The Contrarian Wrote:Well, I like most, am disappointed this season. But if I, as a loyal fan am disappointed, how do we think the coaches and players feel. Let's not give up on them; let's get behind them, support them, and hope that they improve going forward.

Good luck Coach Hager, staff, and players.

Sheldon Clark needs luck, inspiration, determination, and a dramatic improvement over past performances so as to just hang in with Belfry. Can they do it?
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)