• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 2011
Yes, I know this maybe a little early, but was wondering what others thought about next season's prospects. Since this season is over for SC, maybe it's really not too early after all.
i dont think the cards will be as good as this years team, but i could be wrong.
they will be in a tough district next year.
SweetLemonade Wrote:i dont think the cards will be as good as this years team, but i could be wrong.
they will be in a tough district next year.

At this point it is hard to say how next season's team will perform; you could be correct, the Cards may not be as good as the 2010 team. "But I could be wrong." I certainly hope that quote is the way it turns out for 2011.

The line is the big question, IMO. But I have heard some positive comments in that regard. I've heard that a few guys that didn't play last season are coming out, which hopefully, will help the cause.

Oh, and the District is tough, especially with the addition of Lawrence County. If I'm not mistaken, the realignment will place in the District the following: Sheldon Clark, Belfry, East Ridge, Pike Central, and Lawrence County.

I completely agree with your assement of the District being a tough one.
Sorry 'bout yer luck, East Ridge. Tough district.
The Cards lose 16 Seniors from the 2010 squad so next years team will have a completely different look we lose a bunch of the big men up front and next years line will have a new feel to it. We will have a new QB under center next year as we lose a 3 year starter. We do however return #10 KP who rushed for over 1000 yards this year. Next years Cardinal team will be different that's for sure and right now its hard to say how good they will be because we don't know much about the line for that will be the big factor of this team.
Winning the battle in the trenches is the key to any teams success!
barlow Wrote:Winning the battle in the trenches is the key to any teams success!

So true! The best backs can do little if there is no place to run, and the opposition is all over you.

IMHO, this is where Sheldon Clark needs a monumental amount of work and therefore development up front.
barlow Wrote:Winning the battle in the trenches is the key to any teams success!

Not if you're Harlan County! Then you can dominate Bell County's offensive and defensive lines and still get beat 35-0! :lmao:
Who is coming out for SC and who is returning?
CardinalAlum Wrote:The Cards lose 16 Seniors from the 2010 squad so next years team will have a completely different look we lose a bunch of the big men up front and next years line will have a new feel to it. We will have a new QB under center next year as we lose a 3 year starter. We do however return #10 KP who rushed for over 1000 yards this year. Next years Cardinal team will be different that's for sure and right now its hard to say how good they will be because we don't know much about the line for that will be the big factor of this team.

Looking at the glass as half full, I am fairly optimistic for the 2011 Cardinals. I know they lost 16 seniors, some of them the big men up front; however, a year can make a huge difference, let's hope so, anyway. Also I've heard they have a few new linemen recruits that should help the team. (Recruits from within SC)

I certainly hope that Coach Hager uses the spread offense exclusively, for I feel it a much better fit for the backs SC has. As far as the quarterback position is concerned, SC has two guys that can play that position well, BJ Jarrell and Todd Matthews, and both of these guys can also run the ball. This obviously gives them another dimension in the backfield. Moreover either of these young men can play WR, too.

As you mentioned, KP is returning for his senior year, and hopefully he will greatly surpass last years 1000 plus yards. He is definitely one of the more underrated running backs in Eastern Kentucky, IMO. Other starters returning: Tyler O'Connor, Chase Lafferty, Taylor Chapman, and Jared Stevens. SC also has a group of returnees that didn't play a lot last year; let's hope they really step up and fill the gaps.

As you also mentioned, we will definitely see a new look next season. Maybe that will not be a bad thing.
It has been a godd six year run for Sheldon Clark. But with heavy graduation and low numbers I feel that SC will be down for awhile.
Since Sheldon Clark does not have to play Martha Layne Collins or Johnson Central in 2011, which I believe is a plus. Their record may be better than 2010. But who knows?

I would love to see the Cards surprise a few people, and maybe they can. They most definitely have to rebuild this coming year. We shall see!
paulcssi Wrote:Since Sheldon Clark does not have to play Martha Layne Collins or Johnson Central in 2011, which I believe is a plus. Their record may be better than 2010. But who knows?

I would love to see the Cards surprise a few people, and maybe they can. They most definitely have to rebuild this coming year. We shall see!

why did they decide not to playing those teams again?JC is real close and they played them well both times and won the 1st one, who do they play besides the district games?
paulcssi Wrote:Since Sheldon Clark does not have to play Martha Layne Collins or Johnson Central in 2011, which I believe is a plus. Their record may be better than 2010. But who knows?

cuppett777 Wrote:why did they decide not to playing those teams again?JC is real close and they played them well both times and won the 1st one, who do they play besides the district games?

I am not sure what the first posters thoughts were regarding Johnson Central, but possibly that they are 5A and SC is 3A. Just speculation on my part. However, MLC is completely out of SC's class and all that would do for SC is get them banged up for nothing.

As far as the 2011 schedule, I'm fairly sure about the following: East Ridge, Pike Central, Lawrence County, Belfry, Prestonsburg, Frankfort, and Pikeville.
I don't know who the other three might be. If someone knows, please post.

The Cards have a great deal of work to do prior to 2011 football season, and I have heard that they are already started the weight room routine. So we will see how it shapes up as time moves forward.
The Contrarian Wrote:I am not sure what the first posters thoughts were regarding Johnson Central, but possibly that they are 5A and SC is 3A. Just speculation on my part. However, MLC is completely out of SC's class and all that would do for SC is get them banged up for nothing.

As far as the 2011 schedule, I'm fairly sure about the following: East Ridge, Pike Central, Lawrence County, Belfry, Prestonsburg, Frankfort, and Pikeville.

The Cards have a great deal of work to do prior to 2011 football season, and I have heard that they are already started the weight room routine. So we will see how it shapes up as time moves forward.

they should have kept JC
Who will be the seniors?
The Contrarian Wrote:I am not sure what the first posters thoughts were regarding Johnson Central, but possibly that they are 5A and SC is 3A. Just speculation on my part. However, MLC is completely out of SC's class and all that would do for SC is get them banged up for nothing.

I think in week one or two they play Rockcastle Co. at Harrison County in a bowl game

ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I think in week one or two they play Rockcastle Co. at Harrison County in a bowl game

It appears that we know who eight (8) opponents are. If anyone knows the others, please post. Thanks!
The Contrarian Wrote:It appears that we know who eight (8) opponents are. If anyone knows the others, please post. Thanks!
They are still trying to fill the last spot they have an opening on September 16th (Week 4) or October 21st (Week 9). It says we have 5 away and 4 home at the moment so it looks like we are in search of a home game atm.
From what Ihave heard SC will play Rockcastle Co. the first week but have also picked up Hazard and will travel toFrankfort, Pikeville will come to SC again and then there's the four district games. I know they will play Belfry and Lawrence County back - to - back.
Jed Clampett Wrote:From what Ihave heard SC will play Rockcastle Co. the first week but have also picked up Hazard and will travel toFrankfort, Pikeville will come to SC again and then there's the four district games. I know they will play Belfry and Lawrence County back - to - back.

Sounds like another tough schedule
The Contrarian Wrote:It appears that we know who eight (8) opponents are. If anyone knows the others, please post. Thanks!

SC will be the last game of the season fro Hazard next year. Not sure if that is week 9 or 10.
Jed Clampett Wrote:From what Ihave heard SC will play Rockcastle Co. the first week but have also picked up Hazard and will travel toFrankfort, Pikeville will come to SC again and then there's the four district games. I know they will play Belfry and Lawrence County back - to - back.

Does Sheldon Clark play Prestonsburg in 2011? I had herd that they would, but not do not remember who told me.
I heard they play Pburg in week 2
If I am counting correctly Sheldon Clark only one additional game to complete their ten game schedule. The opponents I have, and they may not be correct for I am going on hearsay, are:

Rockcastle County
Prestonsburg
Frankfort
Pikeville
East Ridge
Belfry
Lawrence County
Pike Central
Hazard

Have I missed one?
After watching Sheldon Clark play some great games and also some very poor games last season, I wonder what to expect in 2011. One never knew which team was going to show, the team that played Johnson Central and beat them in every way but the important thing--the score, the team that beat Belfry in a great game, or the team that showed up at Prestonsburg?

Let us hope that we see a team in 2011 that plays their A game each and every week in 2011.

Good luck, Cards, in 2011!
Landser, Amer. Wrote:After watching Sheldon Clark play some great games and also some very poor games last season, I wonder what to expect in 2011. One never knew which team was going to show, the team that played Johnson Central and beat them in every way but the important thing--the score, the team that beat Belfry in a great game, or the team that showed up at Prestonsburg?

Let us hope that we see a team in 2011 that plays their A game each and every week in 2011.

Good luck, Cards, in 2011!

Yes, consistency was definitely missing. And let's hope that they bring their A game to the field each and every week, and give it their all from the first whistle until the last down. If they can get it together and do the aforementioned, they will do just fine.

SC has some very good competitors returning and hopefully they get some help from those who had very little playing time last season. It would appear that their "troubled spot" is the line, for they lost heavily there.

Some of the young men to watch are: KP Skyles, Taylor Chapman, BJ Jarrell, Todd Matthews, Tyler O'Connor, Chase Lafferty, and Jarred Stevens.

If they can get some consistency and can develop the line, they will do well in the 2011 season.
The Contrarian Wrote:Yes, consistency was definitely missing. And let's hope that they bring their A game to the field each and every week, and give it their all from the first whistle until the last down. If they can get it together and do the aforementioned, they will do just fine.

SC has some very good competitors returning and hopefully they get some help from those who had very little playing time last season. It would appear that their "troubled spot" is the line, for they lost heavily there.

Some of the young men to watch are: KP Skyles, Taylor Chapman, BJ Jarrell, Todd Matthews, Tyler O'Connor, Chase Lafferty, and Jarred Stevens.

If they can get some consistency and can develop the line, they will do well in the 2011 season.

Maybe Sheldon Clark will do better than many think they will in 2011. Yes, they lost heavily in the line but this is life in high school football. With a good program and dedicated, hard working players the team should do well.
Many teams face similar situations. It's what you do with what you have; that's reality.

I've heard from a very good source that good number of the guys are already working to get ready for 2011.

Here is wishing good luck to Coach Hager and his young men for the ensuing season.
paulcssi Wrote:Maybe Sheldon Clark will do better than many think they will in 2011. Yes, they lost heavily in the line but this is life in high school football. With a good program and dedicated, hard working players the team should do well.
Many teams face similar situations. It's what you do with what you have; that's reality.

I've heard from a very good source that good number of the guys are already working to get ready for 2011.

Here is wishing good luck to Coach Hager and his young men for the ensuing season.

I've heard few comments regarding the loss of so many players due to graduation that SC will have a lackluster 2011. Graduation is part of the process, for a good program overcomes this obstacle.

I, too, believe SC will surprise some people this coming season, for from what I've, some expect a losing season.
But we will see!
Does anyone know if Sheldon Clark has completed their 2011 schedule? I've heard they need one additional opponent to round out a full 10 game schedule for the 2011 seaspn.
  • 1(current)
  • Next