•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 2011
roots rod Wrote:Skyles deadlifts 500, and benches 385 (both lifts are on youtube) he works out with 450 on squats at 5 reps each set of 3. I don't think he has tried for 500 on squat ,yet but he hasn't maxed out. As for the 4.3 in the 40, his official time in the 40 is a 4.44, that was last june at Marshall. Some coaches have clocked him in at 4.37 , but nothing is official until it is done at a respected combine, or recruiting camp. Don't know if that will help Mr. Slate on WHATEVER. The lifting part, there is no doubt about that, but the 40 times will always be subjective to who times them . KP lasered at 4.52 last year and that is extremely fast.

former Wrote:A 4.3. I say no way. There are pro football players that are not that fast. must be a 30 yard dash

As is mentioned in quote above, 4.44 was timed at Marshall in June 2010. I had never heard the 4.3, but anything can get started, whether true or untrue. As was also mentioned, the timing is extremely subjective.

You know, though, what truly counts is how this young man performs on the football field. But I guess it's a lot of fun to banter around the various 40 times of the backs that are fast.
If he ran a 4.3 or a 4.4 he would score almost every time he ran a sweep. He may run a 4.8 in real time.

but since he got timed this at Marshall, did they go ahead and offer him a scholly.
former Wrote:If he ran a 4.3 or a 4.4 he would score almost every time he ran a sweep. He may run a 4.8 in real time.

but since he got timed this at Marshall, did they go ahead and offer him a scholly.

Seems like everybody is hung up on the forty times, and Marshall did not offer KP or anybody else based on a 40 time. If you follow the combines across the country there are very few players that do run in the 4.4 to 4.5 range, but Skyles is one of them, whether you believe it or not. Marshall's recruiting coordinator will be interviewing KP soon. UK and U of L also have made contact, along with a number of DII and DIII schools. Based on KP,(5'8" and 190lbs.) he has to be fast ,or there would be no interest from these schools. Skyles was the fastest man award winner at every combine he attended last year including Lexington,KY. and at the Marshall camp. I'm just stating facts no need to hype him, all schools will time him in the 40 . By the way he ran a 4.85 in middle school. I am from WV, and have tried to get his family to move here since the 8th grade ; SC offense is not the best scheme to show his talents but i wish KP all the best he is a good kid with a great work ethic. Watch his vids on youtube, and you will see he is very strong to go along with his speed. All that said, 1 player doesn't make a team
kp is the real deal,he works hard, so he can play hard,get over it haters,watch the videos on youtube,or just shut up.
SC has several other players to watch this year besides KP, like i have stated 1 player does not make a team . Taylor Chapman has several d1 and d2 schools contacting him, BJ Jarrell has several d2 and naia schools contacting him.There are 3 OL that will get looks based on size and speed alone, and 3 juniors to be ,that will also start getting some attention from schools, Tyler O'conner, Chase Lafferty, and Jared Stevens. Todd Mathews will get a chance to show his talent this year, he has finally put his heart in it and it shows in the weight room and on the field. SC will not be a one man show this year, they will be a TEAM!
roots rod Wrote:sc has several other players to watch this year besides kp, like i have stated 1 player does not make a team . Taylor chapman has several d1 and d2 schools contacting him, bj jarrell has several d2 and naia schools contacting him.there are 3 ol that will get looks based on size and speed alone, and 3 juniors to be ,that will also start getting some attention from schools, tyler o'conner, chase lafferty, and jared stevens. Todd mathews will get a chance to show his talent this year, he has finally put his heart in it and it shows in the weight room and on the field. Sc will not be a one man show this year, they will be a team!

so true but lets hope we get a full 11 players with the mentality of these players u have mentioned
roots rod Wrote:SC has several other players to watch this year besides KP, like i have stated 1 player does not make a team . Taylor Chapman has several d1 and d2 schools contacting him, BJ Jarrell has several d2 and naia schools contacting him.There are 3 OL that will get looks based on size and speed alone, and 3 juniors to be ,that will also start getting some attention from schools, Tyler O'conner, Chase Lafferty, and Jared Stevens. Todd Mathews will get a chance to show his talent this year, he has finally put his heart in it and it shows in the weight room and on the field. SC will not be a one man show this year, they will be a TEAM!

SCHS#70 Wrote:so true but lets hope we get a full 11 players with the mentality of these players u have mentioned

Both points above are valid and I, for one, hope to see the line improve dramatically for the 2011 season. In fact, I think improvement in the line is essential for SC to have winning season.

And, I might add, based upon some things I have heard, I sincerely think improvement is entirely possible.
the contrarian Wrote:both points above are valid and i, for one, hope to see the line improve dramatically for the 2011 season. In fact, i think improvement in the line is essential for sc to have winning season.

And, i might add, based upon some things i have heard, i sincerely think improvement is entirely possible.

we agree!
I've been hearing some good things regarding Sheldon Clark's off season work-outs, conditioning, and the weight room activity. That is definitely encouraging; SC might do a little better than expected.

Based upon what I've heard, most do not give SC much of a chance for doing well in 2011, since they lost heavily from last years team. But remember, last year's team was a break-even group, for they were 6 - 6. They might surprise a few of us in 2011. They may win a few games.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see.
I can't wait for the first game. It will be great to see Sheldon Clark play Rockcastle County again.
LWC Wrote:I can't wait for the first game. It will be great to see Sheldon Clark play Rockcastle County again.

I, too, am looking forward to the kickoff of the 2011 season and playing Rockcastle, which is the first game.

Based upon what I've been reading, Rockastle will be very strong this year, and based upon what I hear about Sheldon Clark, many seem to think they will be lucky to win five games. But we'll have to wait and see, for strange things can happen.

My hope is that Sheldon Clark can make a good showing and play their very best, and that Rockcastle and Sheldon Clark can finish this season opener injury free.

Look forward to seeing you August 20, the good Lord willing.
They have had some very good teams over the past 10 or 15 years. I would put them in the top 6 or 7 programs in mountains over the past 10 years.
Chapman and skyles are deffinately good players but when skyles only runs 2 plays hes very limited. Chapman on the other hand is a very good d-lineman and probably make one heck of a middle linebacker. The key will be diversity not power, and outside zone.
CoachM Wrote:Chapman and skyles are deffinately good players but when skyles only runs 2 plays hes very limited. Chapman on the other hand is a very good d-lineman and probably make one heck of a middle linebacker. The key will be diversity not power, and outside zone.

I am hoping, and I heard that it's going to happen, that you will see a different look from the Sheldon Clark offense, one where you'll see KP run more than two plays and to the outside more frequently. With his speed he should be running to the outside more often, IMO.

I agree with you assessment of Taylor Chapman; he would make an excellent middle linebacker. Moreover I think Taylor should be used at fullback on offense. He is a good blocker, and his speed is deceptive. He is pretty quick for a big man.

I am also looking forward to seeing some of the other guys stepping up and becoming contributors to the cause in the 2011 season.
paulcssi Wrote:I am hoping, and I heard that it's going to happen, that you will see a different look from the Sheldon Clark offense, one where you'll see KP run more than two plays and to the outside more frequently. With his speed he should be running to the outside more often, IMO.

I agree with you assessment of Taylor Chapman; he would make an excellent middle linebacker. Moreover I think Taylor should be used at fullback on offense. He is a good blocker, and his speed is deceptive. He is pretty quick for a big man.

I am also looking forward to seeing some of the other guys stepping up and becoming contributors to the cause in the 2011 season.

It will make 2011 very interesting if what you've heard becomes reality, for, IMO, SC needs an explosive offense. And they need to get KP to the outside more than they have in the past. But I also remember some pretty fair gains that he broke off tackle. So maybe a few of those can be thrown in the mix.

Another extremely important metric in the equation, so as to have a successful season, is to suffer only minimal injuries.

If the guys from SC continue to work hard, have the correct mindset, and persevere, they might be somewhat better than most expect for 2011.
The Contrarian Wrote:It will make 2011 very interesting if what you've heard becomes reality, for, IMO, SC needs an explosive offense. And they need to get KP to the outside more than they have in the past. But I also remember some pretty fair gains that he broke off tackle. So maybe a few of those can be thrown in the mix.

Another extremely important metric in the equation, so as to have a successful season, is to suffer only minimal injuries.

If the guys from SC continue to work hard, have the correct mindset, and persevere, they might be somewhat better than most expect for 2011.

I would tend to agree with you. SC needs to vastly improve up front so as to be successful in 2011.
Champman can not be moved off the line. Games are won and lost in the trenches why would you take your biggest and strongest lineman and put him in the backfield? i agree that if SC had the depth up front to make the move taylor would be and excellent blocking back. but why take your best lineman and put him in the backfield?
IntheZone Wrote:Champman can not be moved off the line. Games are won and lost in the trenches why would you take your biggest and strongest lineman and put him in the backfield? i agree that if SC had the depth up front to make the move taylor would be and excellent blocking back. but why take your best lineman and put him in the backfield?

In The Zone, you thoughts are valid, but, if you would, give the following a little thought: Keep Taylor in the line on defense but utilize his speed and blocking ability as an offensive fullback. He could be great, especially when Skyles runs to the outside.

I have noticed when I reviewed a few Card games on DVD the other day, that one misdirection play that SC ran last year worked consistently well with Taylor as the lead down field blocker. KP made nice gains most every time the play was run. I fully realize that I mentioned only one play but I'm sure Coach Hager has others that are similar.

I am not a coach; I'm just a fan that has a strong interest in SC having a successful 2011 season. The statements made above, obviously, are MO, which could be a dumb idea.
When the Sheldon Clark Cardnials win, it should never come as a surprise. Hager has built a solid program, and a good feeder system. The way he schedules, I'm shocked he hasn't added a couple of D-1 college programs. He will play anyone, anywhere. They could go through the reguar season with seven or eight loses and still make a deep run in the playoffs.
They did lose some excellent ball players due to graduation, but I'm confident that the replacements will be up to the job.
Well trust me I know Taylor and kp .. I lift with both of them even tho I graduate this year... They are impressively strong and fast. They have another speedster in Todd Matthews.. And their linemen have been working very hard.. I think with good schemes they will be difficult to defeat
hawg laig Wrote:When the Sheldon Clark Cardnials win, it should never come as a surprise. Hager has built a solid program, and a good feeder system. The way he schedules, I'm shocked he hasn't added a couple of D-1 college programs. He will play anyone, anywhere. They could go through the reguar season with seven or eight loses and still make a deep run in the playoffs.
They did lose some excellent ball players due to graduation, but I'm confident that the replacements will be up to the job.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH U :Thumbs:
Sc54 Wrote:Well trust me I know Taylor and kp .. I lift with both of them even tho I graduate this year... They are impressively strong and fast. They have another speedster in Todd Matthews.. And their linemen have been working very hard.. I think with good schemes they will be difficult to defeat

In regard to Todd Matthews, I believe Todd will come to the forefront in 2011. I remember him from Youth League and Middle School; he was one of the leading players in both instances. He wasn't on the HS team as a sophomore but came out as a junior and played, I thought, very well when afforded the opportunity. And, yes, Todd does have speed.

KP and Taylor are definitely very good players and both should do extremely well in 2011. And a couple other guys we should watch is Tyler O'Connor and Chase Lafferty. I believe that they will make meaningful contributions in 2011.

Referencing the line, I've heard that they are coming together and working hard in the off-season. If the line can develop and come together, SC will do a little better than most expect.
Yes they do need more work in order to stay competitive with belfry and now pike central and LC .. They are proving to be a factor as well...it docent matter if you have the most speed,strength, or talent,.. If ALL 11 p,ayers don't share the same goal and heart then you just will not win.. Our team was full of all of it ,.. But one bad communicational game and it's all over...
FROM A POST ON A DIFFERENT THREAD:
JJ is an extremely talented player, but, yes, he does need a strong line so as to perform at his best. I do, however, believe he will do very well in 2011.

I would like to reminisce a few minutes, if I may: I remember when JJ played for the Martin County Youth League Team, the 11 & 12 year-old group. KP Skyles' dad was the coach, and if I recall correctly, that year they were the runners-up. The next year they won the title, the first time ever for Martin County.

Back to JJ, he was a super player as a youth leaguer, and a super player for Johnson Central.

Best of luck in 2011, JJ.

I have just read the above on another thread, and I would like to add to it in regard to Sheldon Clark.

The year that Martin County won the Youth League Championship, the first ever for the 11 & 12 year olds. The Coach was KP's dad, and many of the players on that championship team now play for Sheldon Clark.

The three that come instantly to mind are: KP Skyles, Taylor Chapman, and Todd Matthews. I am sure there were quite a few more but am not sure of the names, and am not going to test my memory, lest I should miss some.

One fact I find interesting, KP was the QB, not a running-back. Todd Matthews did a great job then as the primary RB. Maybe KP wanted to be a QB since his dad was a very good QB in his day. I'm not sure why, but the next time I speak with his dad or him, I'll ask.
Well, we shall see some football shortly, eighty-seven days, if I count correctly. SC will take the field against a very formidable Rockcastle team. Let's hope they will be healthy and ready to play.

As I have stated a few times, I think they will surprise a few people and be a little better than expected. We can get a preview of the 2011 team when they scrimmage Nitro, WV, on Aug 13. I believe that's the date.
i think everyone is going to be very suprised with the cards this year they have alot of men working hard in the weightroom but like i said u guys will see a new team this year
i bleed blue_32 Wrote:i think everyone is going to be very suprised with the cards this year they have alot of men working hard in the weightroom but like i said u guys will see a new team this year

Obviously I agree, that some are going to be surprised. When a team looses 17 seniors from last year's team, that usually gets the fans concerned. But I choose to look at the glass as half full, not half empty.

Granted, SC lost some strong, talented players; however, they have a group of young men returning that want to play and, moreover, want to win. Also, they have a coach that wants to win, and can get them ready to compete.

So, we will see how this all comes down in about 85 days. Hey, time does fly, does it not?
The Contrarian Wrote:Obviously I agree, that some are going to be surprised. When a team looses 17 seniors from last year's team, that usually gets the fans concerned. But I choose to look at the glass as half full, not half empty.

Granted, SC lost some strong, talented players; however, they have a group of young men returning that want to play and, moreover, want to win. Also, they have a coach that wants to win, and can get them ready to compete.

So, we will see how this all comes down in about 85 days. Hey, time does fly, does it not?

I'm looking forward to the 2011 season, and most certainly hope that the thoughts of some of the previous posters are correct in their assessment of Sheldon Clark's prospects.

I have a grandson on the team and he thinks that they will be alright this season, but since he's a member of the team, if he thought otherwise I'd be disappointed. Because if one doesn't believe in himself and his teammates, they will certainly have difficulties as the season progresses.

Good luck, Cards!
KP Skyles ran two 4.4 40 yard dashes sunday at Marshall elite camp. The first was a 4.44 and the second a 4.40. . KP also ran a 4.14 20 yard shuttle, Not bad for the 190 pounder. Several good players from across the country attended the camp. IMHO , Marshall is on the comeback!:rockon:
2010 district champs, and they have the talent to win it AGAIN, just have to work hard guys good luck,go cards.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next