•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 2011
The Contrarian Wrote:If I am counting correctly Sheldon Clark only one additional game to complete their ten game schedule. The opponents I have, and they may not be correct for I am going on hearsay, are:

Rockcastle County
Prestonsburg
Frankfort
Pikeville
East Ridge
Belfry
Lawrence County
Pike Central
Hazard

Have I missed one?

Having those 4 games in a row would be tough for a lot of good teams. I could see them winning 6 or 7 games next year.
Congratulations to Sheldon Clark's Channing Smith, First Team Defense All State.
And also congratulations to Kristian Skyles, Honorable Mention Runing Back All State.

Channing is a Senior and, unfortunately, SC will not have him back for 2011, but KP is a Junior and we expect good things from him in 2011.
The Contrarian Wrote:Congratulations to Sheldon Clark's Channing Smith, First Team Defense All State.
And also congratulations to Kristian Skyles, Honorable Mention Runing Back All State.

Channing is a Senior and, unfortunately, SC will not have him back for 2011, but KP is a Junior and we expect good things from him in 2011.

Last season there were extremely high expectations for SC; they didn't materialize! SC couldn't develop any consistency, for they were very good one game and very poor the next.

Let's hope that consistency is developed for 2011. Talk does not win games. Hard work and talent wins games, and that is done on the field.
I haven't seen anything re SC on this board recently, other than the "rumor" that Coach Hager has applied for the LC job.

The only thing that I've heard is that some of the guys, those not involved in basketball or wrestling, are hard at work in the off season. But it seems that a few more should join the group; I understand that off season work pays huge dividends in August.
Does anyone know whether Sheldon Clark has their 10 game schedule completed? The last I had heard was that they had only 9 games scheduled.
KHSAA 2011 scoreboard just shows two games

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fb11/35197
The Contrarian Wrote:Does anyone know whether Sheldon Clark has their 10 game schedule completed? The last I had heard was that they had only 9 games scheduled.

Does anyone have the schedule for Sheldon Clark 2011? I've heard different names but nothing confirmed.
I don't expect much from this Cardinal team in '11. They lose too much and will be in a tough district.
I belive that the Cardinals will show that there not going to be as bad as pepole are thinking on that note here there games for 2011 just keep hitting the weights.
Rockcastle County Away
P-burg Home
Frankfort Away
Pikeville Away
Perry Central Home
Belfry Away
Lawrence County Away
East Ridge Home
Pike Central Home
Open Week
Hazard Home
I appears that Sheldon Clark has a tough schedule again this year, and is also in a strong District.

I agree with the previous poster, that SC may not be as bad as many think.
We shall see come August.
The Man Maybe Wrote:I belive that the Cardinals will show that there not going to be as bad as pepole are thinking on that note here there games for 2011 just keep hitting the weights.
Rockcastle County Away
P-burg Home
Frankfort Away
Pikeville Away
Perry Central Home
Belfry Away
Lawrence County Away
East Ridge Home
Pike Central Home
Open Week
Hazard Home

Are these the games in order?
Yes they are in that order. Of course SC will play at home against Nitro, West Virginia in a pre season scrimmage either Aug. 12th or 13th. Despite all the lossess I think the Cards will suprise alot of people in 2011. Go Cards:Thumbs:
Knowing Hager he will have them ready to compete.
The Man Maybe Wrote:I belive that the Cardinals will show that there not going to be as bad as pepole are thinking on that note here there games for 2011 just keep hitting the weights.
Rockcastle County Away
P-burg Home
Frankfort Away
Pikeville Away
Perry Central Home
Belfry Away
Lawrence County Away
East Ridge Home
Pike Central Home
Open Week
Hazard Home

Looks like a mighty strong schedule, especially adding Rockcastle County and Perry Central. Moreover the District will be extremely competitive, for one additional, very credible, program has been added, Lawrence County.

The Cards most definitely have their work cut out for the 2011 season. We shall see as time moves forward. I've heard that many of the guys that do not participate in other sports are working hard in the off season, which should pay huge dividends.
Solid schedule, but Coach Hager does a great job.
The Rockcastle game is at Harrison County.
LWC Wrote:The Rockcastle game is at Harrison County.

What is the closest city or town that the Rockcastle game will be played?

Thanks
The Contrarian Wrote:What is the closest city or town that the Rockcastle game will be played?

Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, Cynthiana is in Harrison County. That's about a 3 hour drive from Inez.

If this is the case, that's a long trip for the boys. I wonder what day this game is scheduled for. It sure would be nice if this was scheduled for a Saturday.
Cardfan38 Wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Cynthiana is in Harrison County. That's about a 3 hour drive from Inez.

If this is the case, that's a long trip for the boys. I wonder what day this game is scheduled for. It sure would be nice if this was scheduled for a Saturday.

Sorry, just read this was scheduled for the 20th...a Saturday. That is good news.
Landser, Amer. Wrote:Last season there were extremely high expectations for SC; they didn't materialize! SC couldn't develop any consistency, for they were very good one game and very poor the next.

Let's hope that consistency is developed for 2011. Talk does not win games. Hard work and talent wins games, and that is done on the field.

Expectations were very high last year but did not materialize. As was mentioned above, SC definitely lacked consistency, for they played extremely well in some games and very poor in others.

If SC can get a solid line in place, I think they might do quite well. We will see come August.
Jed Clampett Wrote:Yes they are in that order. Of course SC will play at home against Nitro, West Virginia in a pre season scrimmage either Aug. 12th or 13th. Despite all the lossess I think the Cards will suprise alot of people in 2011. Go Cards:Thumbs:

I think the Cards will be a very different TEAM in 2011.:Thumbs:
They will be ok. They have been very consistant over the past few years.
False Hope Wrote:They will be ok. They have been very consistant over the past few years.

First, I would agree with your beginning sentence, "They will be OK." I also think they will perform better than many think.

But I would respectfully question your statement regarding their consistency, especially last seasons games. It seemed to me that one game they could play with the best, and then the next contest they seemed not to be "in the game."

I'll cite a couple examples: Played great games against Belfry, Lawrence County, and Johnson Central. Played terribly against Prestonsburg, Pike Central (for 3 quarters), and Russell.

Maybe you are referring a few years won/lost records, or some other aspect of the game?

I do, however, believe SC will be better than expected. Last season there very high expectations that did not materialize.
Landser, Amer. Wrote:First, I would agree with your beginning sentence, "They will be OK." I also think they will perform better than many think.

But I would respectfully question your statement regarding their consistency, especially last seasons games. It seemed to me that one game they could play with the best, and then the next contest they seemed not to be "in the game."

I'll cite a couple examples: Played great games against Belfry, Lawrence County, and Johnson Central. Played terribly against Prestonsburg, Pike Central (for 3 quarters), and Russell.

Maybe you are referring a few years won/lost records, or some other aspect of the game?

I do, however, believe SC will be better than expected. Last season there very high expectations that did not materialize.

I am referring to the win/loss record, but P burg and Pike Central had the ability to make good teams look bad!!
I noticed on another thread that the opinion on Sheldon Clark for 2011 is that they had heavy losses, the QB, Avery, and most of the line. I must concur, that is a fact.

In somewhat of an opposing view, I noticed on the same thread that SC is returning seven starters from last year. Moreover I've heard that they have a fair turnout in the weight room daily. So, maybe things will not be too bad.

I want to look at the glass as half full, not half empty. But we won't know until they take the field in August.
Is very excited to see what will happen next year.. These past two years SC has lost alot of there core players that meant alot to them.. If players dont step up into those rolls they will struggle bad.. and with the schedule they have, it could be a disaster season for the cards.. Theres two really good players on this team.. Taylor Chapman and KP. But you need more than that and dont forget KP hasnt had to carry the load the whole season yet in his whole career and he gets hurt alot.. wouldnt surprise me to see him not make it through the whole year without a injury.. As of right now i will predict them winning 3 or 4 games..
monster_energy Wrote:Is very excited to see what will happen next year.. These past two years SC has lost alot of there core players that meant alot to them.. If players dont step up into those rolls they will struggle bad.. and with the schedule they have, it could be a disaster season for the cards.. Theres two really good players on this team.. Taylor Chapman and KP. But you need more than that and dont forget KP hasnt had to carry the load the whole season yet in his whole career and he gets hurt alot.. wouldnt surprise me to see him not make it through the whole year without a injury.. As of right now i will predict them winning 3 or 4 games..

Gee, Monster Energy, certainly hope that you're wrong, but I definitely agree with you on the point of them losing a group of core players, and the fact that they have to have a new group step-up and contribute.

I certainly hope, and think, SC might surprise us and have a good season, and most assuredly hope and pray that they can finish the season with minimal injuries. I fully realize injuries are just a part of football, but being in super condition can minimize them.

If, and it's a big if, they can develop a strong line, they might do much better than we think. I'm looking at the glass as half full. But we shall see come August!
Monster Energy,good to see your comment, and see you are still very pesamistic on all SC football. I wonder who you will go after this year since the qb Stepp graduated?? 2 points; 1, you are right there are two players that standout , but there are several role players that could stepp up and be standout players. 2, Injuries are part of the game but as a coach you can try to limit a players amount of contact, being only playing one side of the ball or only running a back to the outside not in the middle all the time. Even doing these two things a coach can not prevent an injury so this is definetely a concern for not just SC but all small schools who have a depleted number of backups. Monster Energy when you played you played one way and you also played on defense which meant you were the hitter not the one getting hit, well, KP played both (your position) lb, and rb on offense, so he's taking and giving shots the whole game. What would you suggest the coaching staff do to try and limit the number of hits he takes?I know they pulled Dials, on D when you played to prevent him from the contact.Can they afford to, or not ,with KP?
roots rod Wrote:Monster Energy,good to see your comment, and see you are still very pesamistic on all SC football. I wonder who you will go after this year since the qb Stepp graduated?? 2 points; 1, you are right there are two players that standout , but there are several role players that could stepp up and be standout players. 2, Injuries are part of the game but as a coach you can try to limit a players amount of contact, being only playing one side of the ball or only running a back to the outside not in the middle all the time. Even doing these two things a coach can not prevent an injury so this is definetely a concern for not just SC but all small schools who have a depleted number of backups. Monster Energy when you played you played one way and you also played on defense which meant you were the hitter not the one getting hit, well, KP played both (your position) lb, and rb on offense, so he's taking and giving shots the whole game. What would you suggest the coaching staff do to try and limit the number of hits he takes?I know they pulled Dials, on D when you played to prevent him from the contact.Can they afford to, or not ,with KP?

Very good post Root Rod.. First of all the one player that i think hurts them more then helps is the o lineman i think his name last name is stevens.. if he dont improve alot this summer id rather have him giving water to my players.. but im going to do my best not to pick on any one player because i wouldnt have wanted somebody on here picking on me.. and your right a coach cant prevent a player from getting hurt and i do think it would be safe for kp to play one side of the ball and just be the running back but hager cant do that because his too good of a player to be sitting over on the sideline at anytime.. hager will play him on both sides of the ball because he has too. but if i was kp or his parents and i knew my kid had a chance at playing D1 football somewhere id tell hager either play him at rb only or id send him somewhere that would.. and theres places that would take him without thinking about it..
monster_energy Wrote:Very good post Root Rod.. First of all the one player that i think hurts them more then helps is the o lineman i think his name last name is stevens.. if he dont improve alot this summer id rather have him giving water to my players.. but im going to do my best not to pick on any one player because i wouldnt have wanted somebody on here picking on me.. and your right a coach cant prevent a player from getting hurt and i do think it would be safe for kp to play one side of the ball and just be the running back but hager cant do that because his too good of a player to be sitting over on the sideline at anytime.. hager will play him on both sides of the ball because he has too. but if i was kp or his parents and i knew my kid had a chance at playing D1 football somewhere id tell hager either play him at rb only or id send him somewhere that would.. and theres places that would take him without thinking about it..

I would also like to see KP be able to play only one way but under the circumstances, I don't think that will happen. He is a very good football player and a hard worker. I've heard that he is dedicated to continuous improvement. Thus, I think he will play D1 ball somewhere.

In regard to Jared Stevens, who will be a Junior in 2011 He does need to dramatically improve, and I've heard that he is hard at it in the weight room. Realize, he was a sophomore last year, and didn't play any as a freshman. So, I think he will improve, for he is a big, strong young man that wants to play well.

Obviously SC must have a good line so as to have a successful season. I believe that's a fact that all SC fans and boosters would agree upon.

Let's hope and pray that they have no injuries this coming season. Maybe I had better revise the foregoing thought, for I know that with football, injuries can, and do, occur. So let's hope and pray that they can come through with minimal injuries in 2011.

Best of luck, Cards, for a successful season!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next