Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. 35 Pulaski Co. 21
[quote=BB CLAW]The Black Bears took control early on the first possession. The O-Line made their statement. QUOTE]

90 yard touchdown drive to start the game!

PC has 29 seniors
HC has 8 seniors

PC had 20 seniors that start.

Do they have any talent that can repeat the last few years of success because they lose a lot to graduation.

Abner and Eastham are class acts.
Congrats HC and good luck next week. I said a couple of times in the prediction thread that the difference in this game was Coach Larkey.

Congrats Pulaski County SENIORS you guys put together the best back to back seasons in school history.
Forever Maroon Wrote:I believe the parents from BOTH teams can learn a thing or 2 about how to act from the players. !

What did HC parents do? I'm confused?
3wishes Wrote:[quote=BB CLAW]The Black Bears took control early on the first possession. The O-Line made their statement. QUOTE]

90 yard touchdown drive to start the game!

PC has 29 seniors
HC has 8 seniors

PC had 20 seniors that start.

Do they have any talent that can repeat the last few years of success because they lose a lot to graduation.

Abner and Eastham are class acts.
Pulaski only has 17 seniors. That's a lot, but it's not 29. The KHSAA roster is wrong.You can't start 20 seniors if you don't have 20 seniors. Not only are Eatham and Abner, but this entire group of young men have made us very proud over the years. Both teams were class!!!!
3wishes Wrote:What did HC parents do? I'm confused?
Both sides of parents jawing after the game while the PC players were trying to pray. Truly classless on both sides. One side no more to blame than the other. I was just embarrassed by the way some of the "adults" acted after the game.
wildthang3 Wrote:Ive already heard the excuse wheel churning from the PC fans I work with. Shouldn't be any, HC rolled up 384 yards rushing and threw for 2 yards. Wow!

Congrats HC! Now go PUNCH HHS (football speaking of course) right in the mouth, and shut them up!
No excuses from anyone around us. You always have a parent or 2 who want to blame everything from refs to dirty play, etc... Not last night. Harlan County was just the better team. Congratulations.
Coach: John Hines
Class: 5A
Region: 1
District: 7
Roster: Click here # Name Position Yr. # Name Position Yr.
1 Ralph Letner Off: WR,Def: CB, Sr. 50 Mason Flynn Off: G,Def: LB, Sr.
2 Alec Wooldridge Off: RB,Def: CB, Jr. 51 Curtis Spears Off: G,Def: LB, Sr.
4 Zach Stoltz 52 Shane Akers Off: C,Def: DE, Sr.
5 Austin Cornett Off: RB,Def: LB, Fr. 53 Dylan Beshears Off: T,Def: DE, Sr.
6 Austin Dodson Off: WR,Def: CB, Jr. 54 Logan Joseph Off: G,Def: LB, Sr.
8 Brannen Wheeldon Off: RB,Def: SS, Sr. 58 Tyler Abney Off: G,Def: DT, Sr.
11 Alex Abner Off: RB,Def: SS, Sr. 60 Tanner Burnett Off: T,Def: NT, Sr.
12 Aaron Smith Off: QB,Def: FS, So. 61 Coy Ridner Off: G,Def: DT, Sr.
16 Tyler Jackson Off: WR,Def: FS, Sr. 65 Justin Cornett Off: G,Def: NT, Sr.
18 Zach Eastham Off: QB,Def: FS, Sr. 66 Jim Crowder Off: T,Def: DT, Sr.
20 Zack Blevins Off: RB,Def: OLB, Jr. 68 Cody Keith Off: C,Def: LB, Sr.
24 Zach Tarter Off: WR,Def: FS, Fr. 72 Tyler Bryant Off: G,Def: DE, Sr.
27 Aaron Hall Off: WR,Def: CB, Jr. 74 Daniel Runyan Off: T,Def: DT, Sr.
28 Jacob Denny Off: RB,Def: LB, Fr. 75 Robbie Hudson Off: C,Def: OLB, Sr.
30 Andrew Patton Off: K,Def: P, Sr. 77 Robert Rigney Off: T,Def: DT, Sr.
36 Jordan Phelps Off: WR,Def: CB, Fr. 80 Kyle Upchurch Off: TE,Def: LB, Sr.
43 Jared Hawk Off: TE,Def: LB, Sr. 85 Stephen McQueen Off: WR,Def: CB,Sr.
50 Mason Flynn Off: G,Def: LB, Sr.
51 Curtis Spears
52 Shane Akers
53 Dylan Beshears
54 Logan Joseph
58 Tyler Abney
60 Tanner Burnett
61 Coy Ridner
65 Justin Cornett
66 Jim Cowder
68 Cody Keith
72 Tyler Bryant
74 Daniel Runyan
75 Robbie Hudson
77 Robert Rigney
80 Kyle Upchurch
85 Stephen Mqueen

That is per KHSAA, the numbers matched up on the field, who is mis-labeled?
Bear_Paw Wrote:Anybody notice anything missing from this thread?

Can you say deliverance :popcorn:

I will man up and glady eat my well deserved crow.
Grats Harlan. :Thumbs:
NCC41 Wrote:People in hel_ want ice water.

you know this is the site where the HC fans celebrate, don't want to sound rude but you really have no business talking your smack on this site. there is a site dedicated to HHS and HC, could you please save your comments for the correct sie?
3wishes Wrote:What did HC parents do? I'm confused?

You know 3wishes, I am not sure what happened on the field, it looked as if the Pulaski fans were being the aggressor but I do not know. I can say the fans in the stands were simply celebrating and nothing more. There always seems to be a few of "those fans" that show their true self but don't categorize us all, the BLACK BEAR NATION was simply celebrating with KOOL and the GANG for a REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP our BLACK BEARS had just won.
Aslan Wrote:I will man up and glady eat my well deserved crow.

thanks Aslan, there might be hope for you yet!!
Black Bear Mama Wrote:You know 3wishes, I am not sure what happened on the field, it looked as if the Pulaski fans were being the aggressor but I do not know. I can say the fans in the stands were simply celebrating and nothing more. There always seems to be a few of "those fans" that show their true self but don't categorize us all, the BLACK BEAR NATION was simply celebrating with KOOL and the GANG for a REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP our BLACK BEARS had just won.

That wouldn't surprise me they are the most arrogant bunch of fans esp. the last 2 years of any ive seen. Glad i dont have to hear TongueirateSho anymore.
This game was really controlled by the Harlan County front line all night. Pulaski had a few plays here and there but the Bears really made it a lopsided game. Congrats to the players of Pulaski and their 29 seniors wow that is alot to lose off of a team. On the other side I have never witnessed such poor sportsmanship after losing a game from the parents. One lady was just sad and talking about Harlan was cheaters and Larkey was a cheater that is just to funny. Take your beatin and get back on to the charter busses and go NORTH! 18 is a really good QB but was on the run for his life all night and 11 was alot of heart on both sides of the ball. But one plays sticks with me is 4th and long and u put 18 in to punt haha yea right and throw a hail mary wow.
I picked this one. Good luck Bears and beat those bluebloods,bluehens,blueturds,bluebirds. Whichever one they resemble if not all.
Aslan Wrote:I will man up and glady eat my well deserved crow.

:notworthy
3wishes Wrote:Coach: John Hines
Class: 5A
Region: 1
District: 7
Roster: Click here # Name Position Yr. # Name Position Yr.
1 Ralph Letner Off: WR,Def: CB, Sr. 50 Mason Flynn Off: G,Def: LB, Sr.
2 Alec Wooldridge Off: RB,Def: CB, Jr. 51 Curtis Spears Off: G,Def: LB, Sr.
4 Zach Stoltz 52 Shane Akers Off: C,Def: DE, Sr.
5 Austin Cornett Off: RB,Def: LB, Fr. 53 Dylan Beshears Off: T,Def: DE, Sr.
6 Austin Dodson Off: WR,Def: CB, Jr. 54 Logan Joseph Off: G,Def: LB, Sr.
8 Brannen Wheeldon Off: RB,Def: SS, Sr. 58 Tyler Abney Off: G,Def: DT, Sr.
11 Alex Abner Off: RB,Def: SS, Sr. 60 Tanner Burnett Off: T,Def: NT, Sr.
12 Aaron Smith Off: QB,Def: FS, So. 61 Coy Ridner Off: G,Def: DT, Sr.
16 Tyler Jackson Off: WR,Def: FS, Sr. 65 Justin Cornett Off: G,Def: NT, Sr.
18 Zach Eastham Off: QB,Def: FS, Sr. 66 Jim Crowder Off: T,Def: DT, Sr.
20 Zack Blevins Off: RB,Def: OLB, Jr. 68 Cody Keith Off: C,Def: LB, Sr.
24 Zach Tarter Off: WR,Def: FS, Fr. 72 Tyler Bryant Off: G,Def: DE, Sr.
27 Aaron Hall Off: WR,Def: CB, Jr. 74 Daniel Runyan Off: T,Def: DT, Sr.
28 Jacob Denny Off: RB,Def: LB, Fr. 75 Robbie Hudson Off: C,Def: OLB, Sr.
30 Andrew Patton Off: K,Def: P, Sr. 77 Robert Rigney Off: T,Def: DT, Sr.
36 Jordan Phelps Off: WR,Def: CB, Fr. 80 Kyle Upchurch Off: TE,Def: LB, Sr.
43 Jared Hawk Off: TE,Def: LB, Sr. 85 Stephen McQueen Off: WR,Def: CB,Sr.
50 Mason Flynn Off: G,Def: LB, Sr.
51 Curtis Spears
52 Shane Akers
53 Dylan Beshears
54 Logan Joseph
58 Tyler Abney
60 Tanner Burnett
61 Coy Ridner
65 Justin Cornett
66 Jim Cowder
68 Cody Keith
72 Tyler Bryant
74 Daniel Runyan
75 Robbie Hudson
77 Robert Rigney
80 Kyle Upchurch
85 Stephen Mqueen

That is per KHSAA, the numbers matched up on the field, who is mis-labeled?
PULASKI COUNTY SENIORS... 17 of them
1 Ralph Letner
4 Zach Stoltz
8 Brannen Wheeldon
10 Logan Warren
11 Alex Abner
14 Cory Jones
18 Zach Eastham
21 Jarod Flynn
23 Dustin Muntz
43 Jared Hawk
50 Mason Flynn
52 Shane Akers
53 Dylan Beshears
54 Logan Joseph
68 Cody Keith
80 Kyle Upchurch
85 Stephen Mqueen
I had hoped the after the game stuff wouldn't have come up on this thread. PC players played their heart out and understandably were upset after the game.

First off no one from PC wanted to come and receive the runner up trophy. Finally one young man stepped up and took possession of the trophy. While HC was receiving their trophy and during their celebration there was some speech and gestures coming from the Maroon side. You can say that's prayer if you want....but that's not how I was taught to pray. Then someone thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of the Maroons and was assulted. Probably not the best idea that person ever had but by no means justification for an assult. I think it would be best to drop this discussion cause it is not one PC can win and I don't think the exact details are something they would want known.
Congrats to the Black Bears on your first Regional Title. Good luck against the Bluebirds this week.:Thumbs:
Black Bear Mama Wrote:You know 3wishes, I am not sure what happened on the field, it looked as if the Pulaski fans were being the aggressor but I do not know. I can say the fans in the stands were simply celebrating and nothing more. There always seems to be a few of "those fans" that show their true self but don't categorize us all, the BLACK BEAR NATION was simply celebrating with KOOL and the GANG for a REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP our BLACK BEARS had just won.
I wasn't categorizing all Harlan County fans. It was a few fans on the field from both sides that were jawing back and forth. As you said, we all have "those fans". I thought it was a great football atmosphere. Harlan County fans showed up in full force and were rowdy all night long. Again, congratulations!
Forever Maroon Wrote:Congratulations to Harlan County. They were the better team last night. It was a fantastic game between 2 very good teams. Words cannot describe how proud I am of these Pulaski County Seniors! They have set the bar very high for the next generation of Maroons, both on and off the field. Nothing but classy young men. I believe the parents from BOTH teams can learn a thing or 2 about how to act from the players. Both teams conducted themselves as champions! Parents... not so much.Good luck to the Black Bears against Highlands! And congratulations on the new stadium! It looks like it will be a beautiful facility!

This senior class has to be one of the best if not THE best to play football at Pulaski with all the different individual and team records that they have broken!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Bear_Paw Wrote:I had hoped the after the game stuff wouldn't have come up on this thread. PC players played their heart out and understandably were upset after the game.

First off no one from PC wanted to come and receive the runner up trophy. Finally one young man stepped up and took possession of the trophy. While HC was receiving their trophy and during their celebration there was some speech and gestures coming from the Maroon side. You can say that's prayer if you want....but that's not how I was taught to pray. Then someone thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of the Maroons and was assulted. Probably not the best idea that person ever had but by no means justification for an assult. I think it would be best to drop this discussion cause it is not one PC can win and I don't think the exact details are something they would want known.
I'm not trying to defend anyone from PC's side. When the words were exchanged our boys were in a huddle on a knee praying. Yes, there was an altercation, and no excuse for it... FROM EITHER SIDE!!!! He was not just taking pictures, he began baiting our parents when one told him to get away from the huddle. The entire mess could have been avoided, FROM BOTH SIDES... if each set of fans would have stayed with their respective team.
No excuse for the action of a few last night. Apologies from Maroon Nation!:igiveup:
leecoukfan Wrote:This senior class has to be one of the best if not THE best to play football at Pulaski with all the different individual and team records that they have broken!!

I felt really bad for PC's seniors. They had a great season this year. My turn will be coming soon whether we make it to state or not as my son is a senior too...dread that last game.

On another note, it was so nice to meet you leecoukfan...class act you are!:Thumbs:
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I felt really bad for PC's seniors. They had a great season this year. My turn will be coming soon whether we make it to state or not as my son is a senior too...dread that last game.

On another note, it was so nice to meet you leecoukfan...class act you are!:Thumbs:
Sorry I didn't get to come down and meet you all. I was however right above you during the game last night. Thank You to the administration for the hospitality as well. They treated first class.
Forever Maroon Wrote:I'm not trying to defend anyone from PC's side. When the words were exchanged our boys were in a huddle on a knee praying. Yes, there was an altercation, and no excuse for it... FROM EITHER SIDE!!!! He was not just taking pictures, he began baiting our parents when one told him to get away from the huddle. The entire mess could have been avoided, FROM BOTH SIDES... if each set of fans would have stayed with their respective team.
No excuse for the action of a few last night. Apologies from Maroon Nation!:igiveup:

It would have helped ALOT if the two team huddles hadn't been right beside eachother, this would have most likely avoided the issue. But as said before the blame can't be placed solely on either team or team's fan(s).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I felt really bad for PC's seniors. They had a great season this year. My turn will be coming soon whether we make it to state or not as my son is a senior too...dread that last game.

On another note, it was so nice to meet you leecoukfan...class act you are! :Thumbs:

It was very nice to meet you too, I was hoping to meet all the Momma Bears but it just didn't work out! Good Luck next week against Highlands! I will be rooting for those Filthy Animals!! If it wasn't so far away I would come and watch!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sounds like a tough game. I'm sure pc wasn't too happy to lose to a team they pounded earlier in the year. Probably thought they were coming for an easy W and they got whipped which lead to anger and hurt feelings after the game.

On a side note. The trash talking on here about Highlands doesn't seem to be coming from Highlands or Harlan Co, but others who have negative comments about either team. I'm sure the game next week will be a good game and will have good sportsmanship. The problem teams for the most part have been eliminated weeks ago.
I did not think that some of the PC players showed much class, #50 for PC took a cheap shot to HC Center #69 Jesse Hensley. #50 for PC should have been ejected from the game for his actions. The refs did not make a good judgement call. PC's #50 was taking a beaten from HC's #69 and the rest of the HC line all night and PC's #50 made his cheap shot out of frustration. Several other players from PC would try to start fights late in the game when they were beat down. Thats how you know that your O-line has whipped their D-line. Great Job to HC's O-line and D-line, you all really took it to them from start to finnish. I dont think Highlands has faced an O-line and D-line like you guys. Those city boys will not know what has hit them when the game starts. I anticipate seeing HC in the State Finals. Just sit back and eat popcorn HC fans because they will take it to Highlands.:popcorn:

Also, PC fans looked like rednecks after the game by their actions.......Hope you all grow up.......
50 is a tough kid who is a good player but was for good reason very frustrated. Doesn't look like the basketball type so his athletic career was probably coming to a much sooner end than he anticipated. I am sure he was hurting. That is why he did what he did. I am sure of it.
I almost forgot my celebrating bear!.....SOOO proud of all our boys and all the staff!
[IMG][/IMG]
They have made their mark by winning the first ever Regional title year, great kids so sorry their season was ended in this manner