Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. 35 Pulaski Co. 21
I love the "filthy animals" thing! Congrads on a big win
Harlan County beat a very good football team tonight. Pulaski fought to the very end. It was almost surreal when PC scored their last touchdown I was still afraid they could close in even with two minutes to play....all I wanted was for the clock to run.

Condolences to Pulaski County Seniors. Very outstanding group...Wishing you well moving forward.....
Hot digadee dang! Way to go Harlan County Black Bears. This Bell County fan is thrilled with this win! I told you guys to bring us one home to the mountains and it looks like you're on your way. Don't be intimidated by them Blue Birds. They're all hype. Put the smash mouth football to them and send them north. GO BEARS! :rockon:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So proud of our coaches and boys!!! All of Harlan County is just PROUD of this bunch!!! This senior group is just special! There are just 8 of them, but they are really setting the bar high for the younger kids coming up. Hard work in the off season is paying it's dividends. I love this team!!

Congrats to PC on a great season. Hate to see any senior play their last game.
I'm so proud of all or boys!... They played very well!!

Pulaski played hard too!... Sorry their seniors has to see it end!.... But very glad we won!

Loved the crowd tonight. Good stuff!

Also ... It was nice to meet Leecoukfan!!!... Nice friendly guy!

Now to prepare for Highlands!!

Go Black Bears!!!:1::Cheerlead
Man o' man...what a game!!! I am so, so, SOOOOOOO proud of this bunch of seniors and the rest of the Black Bears. What an awesome group of young men they are. Congrats to all the coaches too! They had these Bears prepared tonight. The "Filthy Animals" were on point. They were all over the PC QB all night long...PRESSURE I TELL YA, PRES-SURE!!! What a tremendous bunch of fans...enjoyed every minute of cheering those Bears on tonight with the rest of the screaming, hollering, dancing, singing "Mama Bears"! We sounded great belting out "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" when that buzzer sounded if I do say so myself!!! I am so excited I'll probably never get to sleep tonight.

AGAIN, Congrats to the Harlan County Black Bears...go get them Blue Birds next week!!!!!!!!!!! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
One of the best games i have ever been to....The FILTHY ANIMALS were just nasty. The 'O' line was so impressive and allowed for some awesome rushing. Coach Larkey and his staff had this team focused and ready. I am so impressed with this group of seniors. They will not except nothing but a win from their team and win they have done.
How about that BLACK BEAR NATION, we had such a good time and we love our BLACK BEARS!!!! Our enire county is just so proud of our BLACK BEARS!!!
Look out highland, you are coming to a smash mouth mountain team and we want the state championship!!!!!
I would like to say how sorry I do feel for any senior on the maroon's team, that last game is so hard.

Good job BLACK BEARS, YOU REGIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!:wenumber1
Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears

Congrats Harlan County on the regional title, and congrats to Pulaski County on a great season.
Anybody notice anything missing from this thread?

Can you say deliverance :popcorn:
The Harlan County Black Bears were the better team tonight and that is why they won! Pulaski County shot theirselves in the foot several times. The Maroons had 13 penalties for over 100 yds which makes it really hard to win. Then in the second half, I'm not really sure what Coach Hines was thinking putting Zack Eastham out there to kick when everyone there tonight knew that the Maroons were going for it on 4th down! Another momentum killer in this one was the questionable onside kick call! But, I will say just as someone else mentioned, there was a feeling in the game that Pulaski County had a chance to make a comeback until the final whistle sounded!

But, not to take anything away from Harlan County's amazing performance tonight on offense and defense!! As they say in Harlan County, their Filthy Animal defense was extremely Filthy tonight!! Congrats Black Bears!! You all have a very good football program and Coach!!

Good Luck to the Black Bears against Highlands!!

Also I would like to say that Filthy Animal was very nice and accommodating and it was nice meeting you as well as some of the other Momma Bears that I met!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Hot digadee dang! Way to go Harlan County Black Bears. This Bell County fan is thrilled with this win! I told you guys to bring us one home to the mountains and it looks like you're on your way. Don't be intimidated by them Blue Birds. They're all hype. Put the smash mouth football to them and send them north. GO BEARS! :rockon:

Now that's funny. Hype has gotten Highlands 19 state titles. Congrats on your 1st Regional title in 20 years (according to an earlier poster). Highlands is defined by state championships... PERIOD. Hype has nothing to do with it.

Good luck.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Now that's funny. Hype has gotten Highlands 19 state titles. Congrats on your 1st Regional title in 20 years (according to an earlier poster). Highlands is defined by state championships... PERIOD. Hype has nothing to do with it.

Good luck.

1st in only 3 years of existence.

1st in 20 years for the entire county, not for HCHS.
Congrats Harlan, you guys have improved alot from what i heard on the radio, good luck next week, try to win state for the region
leecoukfan Wrote:The Harlan County Black Bears were the better team tonight and that is why they won! Pulaski County shot theirselves in the foot several times. The Maroons had 13 penalties for over 100 yds which makes it really hard to win.
[/B]

PC had 11 penalties for 80 yards.

HC had 11 penalties for 115 yards.

HC had penalties and still overcame.

Eastham and Abner had just 21 yards of rushing.:1:
Harlan Co. 35 Pulaski Co. 21

Pulaski Co. 0 7 0 14 21

Harlan Co. 6 8 7 14 35

Scoring summary:
Class 5A, Third Round
HC--Dylon Smith 2 run (kick blocked); PC--Alex Abner 68 pass from Zack Eastham (Dustin Munts kick); HC--Marcus McMillian 3 run (McMillian run); HC--McMillian 8 run (Josh Jenkins kick); HC--Smith 24 run (Jenkins kick); PC--Abner 11 pass from Eastham (Munts kick); HC--Jake Middleton 12 run (Jenkins kick); PC--Eastham 24 run (Munts kick).
Records: Harlan Co. 11-2, Pulaski Co. 11-2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z15nuhjTgu
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I always enjoy watching the cagey old coaches take the uppity youngsters to the woodshed.

Congrats, Bears.

Best of luck next week.
Way to go coach Larkey and the Black bears. Now lets get 2 more
It was a GREAT DAY in Harlan Co. Found out their new Stadium will finally come true and beat a great Pulaski Co team.
Black Bear Mama Wrote:One of the best games i have ever been to....The FILTHY ANIMALS were just nasty. The 'O' line was so impressive and allowed for some awesome rushing. Coach Larkey and his staff had this team focused and ready. I am so impressed with this group of seniors. They will not except nothing but a win from their team and win they have done.
How about that BLACK BEAR NATION, we had such a good time and we love our BLACK BEARS!!!! Our enire county is just so proud of our BLACK BEARS!!!
Look out highland, you are coming to a smash mouth mountain team and we want the state championship!!!!!I would like to say how sorry I do feel for any senior on the maroon's team, that last game is so hard.

Good job BLACK BEARS, YOU REGIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!:wenumber1

People in hel_ want ice water.
Great job Bears. I'm bringing my Thanksgiving leftovers to tailgate. Honestly going to have a hard time waiting for Friday. Only 4 teams left!

1A - Hazard
2A - Corbin
3A - Somerset
4A - Bell
5A - Harlan Co.

(A 1a to 5a mountain sweep?)
WOW. Great day for the Black Bears on and off the field yesterday.
Congrats to Harlan County. :Thumbs:

My Dad was born near Cawood back in 1939 so it's good to see his old stomping grounds doing well. :Thumbs:
MVP2 Wrote:Love it, Congrats Black Bears!

Me too brother, me too!!! :Thumbs:
Big Win...Congrats Harlan Co.
My bad for picking against you Harlan County
Benchwarmer Wrote:My bad for picking against you Harlan County

So you picked PC to beat HC, but now you are picking HC to beat HHS? Sounds like a guy who just hates HHS and would just love for someone to beat them. Just keep picking them to lose, and one of these days you might be able to say "I told you, I picked them to get beat!" How many times have you picked them to get beat this year?:lmao:
The Black Bears took control early on the first possession. The O-Line made their statement. The Filthy Animal Defense was stingy and everywhere. The Black Bears beat a tough Pulaski team(28 seniors) to take the Regional Championship. Great running by Dylon Smith and Marcus McMillion. Bears got to get focused on the next task--Highlands. Great job Larkey and Staff! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
sstack Wrote:So you picked PC to beat HC, but now you are picking HC to beat HHS? Sounds like a guy who just hates HHS and would just love for someone to beat them. Just keep picking them to lose, and one of these days you might be able to say "I told you, I picked them to get beat!" How many times have you picked them to get beat this year?:lmao:

Do not call me out and i do not have to explain anything to you.

As far as the bold, i really now hope and pray Harlan County wins. And, this is a Harlan County and PC thread. So ***** to me in another thread called Harlan COunty and Highlands.
Congratulations to Harlan County. They were the better team last night. It was a fantastic game between 2 very good teams. Words cannot describe how proud I am of these Pulaski County Seniors! They have set the bar very high for the next generation of Maroons, both on and off the field. Nothing but classy young men. I believe the parents from BOTH teams can learn a thing or 2 about how to act from the players. Both teams conducted themselves as champions! Parents... not so much.Good luck to the Black Bears against Highlands! And congratulations on the new stadium! It looks like it will be a beautiful facility!
Ive already heard the excuse wheel churning from the PC fans I work with. Shouldn't be any, HC rolled up 384 yards rushing and threw for 2 yards. Wow!

Congrats HC! Now go PUNCH HHS (football speaking of course) right in the mouth, and shut them up!