Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. 35 Pulaski Co. 21
leecoukfan Wrote:It would have helped ALOT if the two team huddles hadn't been right beside eachother, this would have most likely avoided the issue. But as said before the blame can't be placed solely on either team or team's fan(s).

Agree. It is hard to talk to your team after a loss like that. It would have been better if both teams had moved down to their endzones. Can't blame HC for celebrating. Got some good dancers on that HC team. At PC in week 1, PC was celebrating and HC accepted the runner up trophy with dignity.
Forever Maroon Wrote:I'm not trying to defend anyone from PC's side. When the words were exchanged our boys were in a huddle on a knee praying. Yes, there was an altercation, and no excuse for it... FROM EITHER SIDE!!!! He was not just taking pictures, he began baiting our parents when one told him to get away from the huddle. The entire mess could have been avoided, FROM BOTH SIDES... if each set of fans would have stayed with their respective team.
No excuse for the action of a few last night. Apologies from Maroon Nation!:igiveup:

Coming out of a prayer huddle to fight . . . gotta love public displays of christianity, lol.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Coming out of a prayer huddle to fight . . . gotta love public displays of christianity, lol.
I said the KIDS WERE IN THE PRAYER HUDDLE. They have one before and after every game. The parents who had the altercation were standing around the huddle and showed no class what-so-ever. But, PLEASE do not run down our kids for having prayer. As I said already, all of the parents, from both teams, could learn a lot from the kids playing the game and the sportsmanship they displayed.
Forever Maroon Wrote:I said the KIDS WERE IN THE PRAYER HUDDLE. They have one before and after every game. The parents who had the altercation were standing around the huddle and showed no class what-so-ever. But, PLEASE do not run down our kids for having prayer. As I said already, all of the parents, from both teams, could learn a lot from the kids playing the game and the sportsmanship they displayed.

I thought public schools where not allowed to have prayer groups?
sstack Wrote:I thought public schools where not allowed to have prayer groups?

Somebody call some equal rights group here!!!!!!!! Lots of EKY teams do this. HC does the same thing. Things are different here.
PC finally got called for all the holding they do!! The game against SW showed a blueprint to stop PC, if you hold on the ball and can run it you can keep PC's offense off the field which is exactly Harlan did.
Forever Maroon Wrote:I said the KIDS WERE IN THE PRAYER HUDDLE. They have one before and after every game. The parents who had the altercation were standing around the huddle and showed no class what-so-ever. But, PLEASE do not run down our kids for having prayer. As I said already, all of the parents, from both teams, could learn a lot from the kids playing the game and the sportsmanship they displayed.

I throughly respect BOTH teams for their open display of prayer!....the whole world could use a lot more of that!....:1:.....:Thumbs:...:worthy:
Yogibear Wrote:Somebody call some equal rights group here!!!!!!!! Lots of EKY teams do this. HC does the same thing. Things are different here.

....And different is good!.....:worthy:
sstack Wrote:I thought public schools where not allowed to have prayer groups?

Before the national athem, those easily offended should close their ears because HC has an open mic prayer over the loud speaker as all teams should:Thumbs:
It's probably going to take more than prayers next week.
Wideleft01 Wrote:It's probably going to take more than prayers next week.

They aren't praying for a win man. They are praying to honor God and give him the glory.
3wishes Wrote:Before the national athem, those easily offended should close their ears because HC has an open mic prayer over the loud speaker as all teams should:Thumbs:

AMEN!!!!! Wouldn't hurt to have more of it!
Forever Maroon Wrote:AMEN!!!!! Wouldn't hurt to have more of it!

I agree, but it is not allowed in public schools.
sstack Wrote:I agree, but it is not allowed in public schools.

:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray:AngelPray

just hush hun...
Gimme a break on the Prayer arguments....
congrats to the Black Bears.
They continue to do what they do best again.
Go Bears, Id love to see someone from the district take home a title.
WOW Harlan Co..
Good job on this, man you was the underdog in this one..
Way to show all the naysayers wrong..
RadioVeteran
Equipment Manager

Pulaski wins because earlier scores in the season don't lie.

There was a lot of these post in the prediciton thread by Radio Veteran-maroon pride, meatloaf, etc.

Where are they now, they don't even show up and congratulate Harlan Co. with the big slaughter. Guess they cant handle the assault they took at Big Man Davis field! I remember one post that said pulaski offense and defense was near perfect now with #54 back and that Harlan Co. could not score on pc and that no one had stopped pc on offense all year. Well take a deep breathe and believe they were stopped big time.

Good Job BlackBears!:1:
^Scores in the earlier season don't lie...
but the one's in the playoffs are the ones that matter Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:^Scores in the earlier season don't lie...
but the one's in the playoffs are the ones that matter Wink

Your correct.
Which means Pulaski is sent packing, Harlan advances.
Well, I just checked and according to weather.com, we're supposed to have snow Friday night. That's the way to play a football game on Thanksgiving weekend!!!
:ilikeit:

Go Black Bears!!!!
Wideleft01 Wrote:It's probably going to take more than prayers next week.

Can you please show some class on here? Some of your posts are embarrassing to Highlands. :HitWall:
Highlands 48-7
meat loaf Wrote:Highlands 48-7

Wrong thread Einstein.

:lmao:

That very well could be the score, regardless I was expecting this kind of score out of you after al lthe talk and statements you made in the pc/hc prediction thread about Harlan Co. We all know how that turned out, I guess that CROW is real hard to swallow. Anyway Bears will come to play regardless what others think the score will be and if they lose at least they are there to play. Good Luck on your teams season next year meatload:Thumbs:

Psst!...Hey buddy, that crap belongs in the other thread!

I believe you meant to post something about eating crow!... ROFL!!!!

Poor 4 day old Meat Loaf... Must be turning Green by now!.... Haha
Filthy Animal Wrote:Poor 4 day old Meat Loaf... Must be turning Green by now!.... Haha

My vote for phrase of the year! LMAO! HAHAHAHAHA:thatsfunn
leecoukfan Wrote:This senior class has to be one of the best if not THE best to play football at Pulaski with all the different individual and team records that they have broken!!

I agree good bunch of kids
Gummie Bear Wrote:RadioVeteran
Equipment Manager

Pulaski wins because earlier scores in the season don't lie.

There was a lot of these post in the prediciton thread by Radio Veteran-maroon pride, meatloaf, etc.

Where are they now, they don't even show up and congratulate Harlan Co. with the big slaughter. Guess they cant handle the assault they took at Big Man Davis field! I remember one post that said pulaski offense and defense was near perfect now with #54 back and that Harlan Co. could not score on pc and that no one had stopped pc on offense all year. Well take a deep breathe and believe they were stopped big time.

Good Job BlackBears!:1:

Harlan Co. proved me wrong. Really a great comeback. I hope you beat Highlands. I've been to Harlan when Cawood High was still going. The people were nice to me.
sstack Wrote:I agree, but it is not allowed in public schools.

that is bull**** if one school can do it even if it Private doesnt mean they should get to pray and public cant. Private are no better then public