Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Wrestling Teams of the 2010-11 season
I am trying to get wrestling results. Know where?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
yeah,I was wondering about team results for Johnson Central's meet yesterday..does anyone know where the teams placed..Oldham and JC was awesome to watch...
Oldham and Johnson wrestled the night before in a team dual as well. It was 34-33 going into the heavyweight match. When it comes to wrestling it doesnt get any better of a situation than that.
Basketball fans, this is the scoring for team duals in wrestling.

Fall, Forfeit, Default, Disqualification - 6 team points
Technical Fall (getting ahead of your opponent by 15 points ends the match) - 5 team points

Major Decision (winning the match by 8 - 14 points) - 4 team points

Decision (winning the match by fewer than 8 points) - 3 team points

So any win from Oldham would of won them the dual match. Johnson Cent's heavyweight hurt his knee very early in the match but toughed it out and continued wrestling. However Oldhams heavyweight got the pin late in the match for the come from behind win.

It was a great dual match to be a part of. I was on the other mat during this dual, I wonder if Johnson avenged the loss?

I also dont have final results from Saturday, I was in the locker room taking a shower when they were announcing that. Id say it came down to the Johnson-Oldham dual though because I dont remember either losing during the day.
loyalhawkfan Wrote:yeah,I was wondering about team results for Johnson Central's meet yesterday..does anyone know where the teams placed..Oldham and JC was awesome to watch...

Do you remember who won this dual?
Where did Letcher Central wrestle last week and how did they do?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Letcher Co didnt wrestle last week. Our next match is at Wayne Co either one the 28th or the 29th.
Thanks 119, and good luck at your meet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Went to Belfry last night 1/4/11, and Lawrence seemed pretty good. They beat East Ridge, Letcher and Belfry. Some real good matches. I think this was Lawrence's second meet.
As a team what was the standings?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I have no idea I barely understand the scoring.
If i was guessing , I would say Letcher won all of their duals. East Ridge, and Lawrence didnt have full teams and I think they beat Belfry in most matches.
Lawrence defeated all the teams at belfry with many undefeated wrestlers including Bowen at 135, Rigsby at 145, Webb at 119, and Schaeffer at 171. Also, Savage and Marcum only have 1 loss.
Where was it held at?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

That is not right Letcher County won all of their duals at Belfy including beating Lawence.. Letcher Co also went to JJ Kelly today an wrestle an beat Appalachia, but lost to JJ Kelly an Richland.
Yeah im pretty sure Lawrence didnt defeat Letcher in the dual. Letcher puts pretty much a full team on the mat, and if i remember correctly Lawrence was short quiet a few classes.
csabo17 Wrote:Yeah im pretty sure Lawrence didnt defeat Letcher in the dual. Letcher puts pretty much a full team on the mat, and if i remember correctly Lawrence was short quiet a few classes.
They have it listed as Lawrence winning.
Where do they have it listed? On a website somewhere or just in Lawrence Co. score book?
Lawrence didn't have a score book. I remember asking the coach if he had one and he said no. So I asked his assistant to try to keep a running total because the kid keeping the scoreboard wasn't paying attention and had no idea about wrestling. He did on a piece of paper match by match. No way he was keeping up with team points.
Lawrence County Junior Blake Schaeffer 171.. made it to the Quarter Finals ranking 8th from a field of 53 in the WSAZ Invitationals under new Coach Jerry Whalen. Great Job! Glad to see Whalen back.
Anyone know how Letcher Central did there senior night, and did they tape it for the school channel?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Schaeffer from Lawrence Co took first in the 171 class at the with a win over Ashland in the Ashland Invitationals He competed against schools such as Ashland, Spring Valley, Sheldon Clark, Montgomery Co,and Lincoln Co. WV. He has very good form. Looks to be a contender in the 171 weight class in Regionals.