Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Wrestling Teams of the 2010-11 season
Who are they and some of the key grapplers this season?

I know Johnson Central is always tough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Woo Hoo, the first wrestling thread of the year. Im ready!

I dont really have anything to contribute to the thread though. Johnson will be tough like you said, they always are.

Perry Central will be having there annual Nick Cory takedown tournament this Saturday. I look forward to seeing kids on the mat. I love the format of this tournament. Its takedowns only.
Look for Lawrence to put a good squad out this season. Blake Schaeffer, a junior will be a tough out. Look for Seth Rigsby, a senior, to make a lot of noise.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Look for Lawrence to put a good squad out this season. Blake Schaeffer, a junior will be a tough out. Look for Seth Rigsby, a senior, to make a lot of noise.

Landon Copley 189
Johnny Bowen 135ish
Few more athletes as well to make a solid team.

Jc of course is the favorite IMO
Letcher Central will be ready with three kids with state tournament experience, and a few more players that will surprise people.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Campbell County as always.
Josh Marcum is also solid on the LC wrestling team. He and Schaeffer also attended some camps in summer which will help them get better for this season. Rigsby has been very good in past and I have heard some colleges have been talking to him. The downside is there is not much support for this team. They need to have a coach specifically dedicated to their team. Wish all the members a good season.
ballfan87 Wrote:Josh Marcum is also solid on the LC wrestling team. He and Schaeffer also attended some camps in summer which will help them get better for this season. Rigsby has been very good in past and I have heard some colleges have been talking to him. The downside is there is not much support for this team. They need to have a coach specifically dedicated to their team. Wish all the members a good season.

This is a problem for about all eastern ky wrestling programs. If it isnt round and bounces through a hoop it doesnt matter around here.
Stardust Wrote:Campbell County as always.

Campbell who???

haha just kidding, thats a very solid program.
Sheldon Clark has a great wrestling tradition and will be a contender.
With our program we are way more successful than the basketball program. How many trips to State does the basketball ball kids have? "0"! How many trips to state does the football have have? "0" How many trips to state does wrestling have? 17 different times a individual has qualified for the state tournament. Just think what they could do if they did get some support.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

dawgbyte02 Wrote:Sheldon Clark has a great wrestling tradition and will be a contender.

yes i could see them ahving one more good year.
Sheldon Clark will have a bit of a down year this year i believe. They lost 2 kids last year that should have won state but lost due to injury. They should still be tough but not as good as usual. But look out for SCHS in the near future their wrestling program is very bright with great young talent in the middle school and their youith program. They also have a couple good freshman this year. So they may be a bit down this year but look out in the near future they will be coming.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:Sheldon Clark will have a bit of a down year this year i believe. They lost 2 kids last year that should have won state but lost due to injury. They should still be tough but not as good as usual. But look out for SCHS in the near future their wrestling program is very bright with great young talent in the middle school and their youith program. They also have a couple good freshman this year. So they may be a bit down this year but look out in the near future they will be coming.

Who were the two wrestlers that were lost to injury?
fewfirstchoice Wrote:Sheldon Clark will have a bit of a down year this year i believe. They lost 2 kids last year that should have won state but lost due to injury. They should still be tough but not as good as usual. But look out for SCHS in the near future their wrestling program is very bright with great young talent in the middle school and their youith program. They also have a couple good freshman this year. So they may be a bit down this year but look out in the near future they will be coming.

I hope you are right. For the past couple of years SC hasn't had the same fight they used to have. They don't seem to be getting as many athletes out as they used to either.
bluegrassbrawler Wrote:Who were the two wrestlers that were lost to injury?

matt slone and brad stafford
Letcher Central is always having a tough time getting kids to come out. We have a lot of potential in kids who at 6th grade and up would have made fine wrestling athletes. Coach Mynster is really trying hard to get the kids to come out. With kids coming out it will really help them in other sports. Just as Johnson Central how much it helps. Guys on here from Johnson Central will tell you it does make a difference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Letcher Central is always having a tough time getting kids to come out. We have a lot of potential in kids who at 6th grade and up would have made fine wrestling athletes. Coach Mynster is really trying hard to get the kids to come out. With kids coming out it will really help them in other sports. Just as Johnson Central how much it helps. Guys on here from Johnson Central will tell you it does make a difference.

You are right. A lot of JC grapplers are also football players. Same goes for SC. IMO, great for the football program.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
You can't get it through there heads up there how much it helps.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Sheldon Clark Wrestlers in the Top 25
Brandon Butcher 103 #23
Chazz Maynard 119 # 16
Avery Ray 152 # 8
Austin Stepp 189 #3
I am always for eastern KY kids to go out there and show the rest of the state how to wrestle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

wish harlan county would get their wreseling team up an going my son is chomping at the bit..just no support for it at this time..
Unless you get 100% support then you really struggle as a whole.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Campbell Co. looked real strong this past weekend at Bryan Station.
Can you tell me how Letcher Central did at the takedown tournament?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I only had a few of their matches, and I didnt stick around for the results. Sorry.
Haven't seen 119 on here in a while.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

He wasnt at the take down tournament either im pretty sure. Seems like the kids from Perry mentioned it.
cougarpride08 Wrote:You can't get it through there heads up there how much it helps.

Check the amount of teams each Boy's and Girl's has. You may be able to use Title 9.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
During winter there is only one girl sport, but two boys. I don't think the khsaa offers any other female sport in the winter time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!