Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Wrestling Teams of the 2010-11 season
Yeah I didnt wrestle at the takedown tournament because I didnt have my weight down yet an had not been assest. I will wrestle my first match this saturday at Wayne Co.
Shhhhh dont talk about him, he will show up!

lol. Ill be doing your guys home match next week 119.
119 I have heard some good things about Sydney Fields. His mom said he had one awsome match that went into numerous overtones.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
So that means your gonna give me quick pins an call lots of stalling calls on my opponets then right casbo?? :Thumbs:

Cougarpride- Yes Sidney has done a great job for a first year wrestler. he has alot of strengh an aggression. If he could learn some wrestling knowledge an get in shape he will be a state qualifer. Which is good in our region because we have like 5 guys I think ranked in the top 25 in the state from our region.
That is great to hear. Did he have a overtime match with a really good wrestler last week?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Was she talking about the takedown tournament? There was one match where no one could score. We kept doing 1 minute overtimes, and finally we said forget the clock just wrestle until someone scores.

119- There definitely will be stalling called. I may be a little to strict on it this early in the year.
I don't know, but looks like LCC wrestling is going to be interesting this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:I don't know, but looks like LCC wrestling is going to be interesting this year.

Cheerleading counts toward Title 9.

Glad I started this thread now! Getting a lot of info on some athletes that deserve it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
We have cheerleaders already. What does that have to do with wrestling?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:We have cheerleaders already. What does that have to do with wrestling?

They were talking about to many boys sports and I was just telling them that cheerleading counted as a girls sport towards Title 9.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Does anyone know how everyone did at Wayne Co?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Pike County Central will be coming out strong, We will be @ Whitley County this Saturday..our 125 wt.class Nathan Dodd,189 wt class Carlet Merrell and 140 wt class Tim Kimberlain are the ones to watch..and as far as a girl sport.. we have 5 girls on our wrestling team and they are doing very well,think you will be suprised...GO HAWKS
Tomorrow 6pm @ Letcher Co. Im pretty sure this is a quad with Perry, Belfry, and Pound Va.
Anyone know when JC is having their tournament?
They are wrestling Friday night after school (small dual), then I think the bigger tournament is Saturday morning.
Good luck to all teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I think JC's tourney is next weekend. They are in Kingsport this weekend.
falcon ed Wrote:I think JC's tourney is next weekend. They are in Kingsport this weekend.

Yes, the 1th and 18th. I see now how it looks like I meant this weekend. Sorry.
Where is Letcher Central's meet this weekend? Don't have a schedule yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Whitley has the potential of sending 2 or 3 kids to state.
Letcher was at Whitley co. today.
How did they do?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I had everysingle one of their matches, but honestly couldnt tell you how well they did as a team. I know they were missing 5 wrestlers that normally would of been in the lineup. So team wise I dont think they won a dual.
119 may be able to tell some individual results.
our team did very well considering we were missing some guys due to the ACT an Injuries.

I had to bump up to 130 most of the day an 135 sometimes while our regular 119 filled in for the 125 spot an im pretty sure he went 5-0 the whole day. our 112 went 4-1 losing a close in the final seconds. Our 215 went 5-0 an I had a record of 4-1 losing a match to alcolas 135 pounder.

Our normal 130 was out due to injury an our 189 was taking the ACT which was two huge blows to our team as they are both regular wins for us.
The 112 match was a good match. He seemed to be in control of the kid the entire match. I was shocked when he was reversed to his back in the closing seconds. He was the better wrestler and out wrestled him for 5 minutes and 50 seconds.
Had I been coaching, I would of had him cut him in the last few seconds and just give up the one point. But hindsight is 20/20.
Yes it was a very good match. Thats what Justin (the 112) said to me after the match is that he should have just cut him. We wrestle them 2 more times so he will get the chance to redeem himself.
I heard Ryle beat Union this past weekend. Can anyone confirm this? That is huge. Union might be the favorite to win state this year. However I doubt they have everyone settled into their classes yet.
http://http://www.baumspage.com/wr/ryle/res10.htm
Matman Wrote:I heard Ryle beat Union this past weekend. Can anyone confirm this? That is huge. Union might be the favorite to win state this year. However I doubt they have everyone settled into their classes yet.
Where are you guys at this week?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!