Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pulaski County
54.10%
Harlan County
45.90%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County @ Harlan County 11/19
PC wins again... 3 Td's
I wonder what the Pulaski coaching staff will do to prepare for larkey's multiple offense. I mean come on let me see power I right, power I left. Did I leave something out? Oh yea -punt!
Forever Maroon Wrote:UUUMMMM.... let me look, where did I put that list? OHHHHH here it is....WAIT... didn't PULASKI PLAY HARLAN COUNTY???? AND... Didn't HARLAN COUNTY PLAY PULASKI?? OHHH yeah they did! You didn't factor in the one game that does matter. Whatever makes you feel better.

Harlan County has not faced an offense like they will see Friday night. They just don't have the speed to keep up outside on the Pulaski receivers. We can go back and forth all week but Harlan County will find out Friday night just how good, or bad as some Harlan County fans think, the Pulaski defense is. And we shall see just how good this "filthy animal" defense really is. Get your track shoes on boys, you will need them!

:yawn:
former Wrote:Until people work with Pulaski people, only till then will you learn how arrogant they really are. All I hear is how they cry because no one gives them respect, it is cry here cry there in the newspaper all of the time when things go wrong or they lose. All ways blame something for losing. they blame WYMT for not giving them full coverage, and how they are hurt all of the time. Grow up PC and earn your respect, until then no one will ever respect you.
Once again, you just jump in mid-stream, not even knowing the conversation. I was replying to some Harlan County fans who were talking about how the Black Bears were going to run all over PC and the first game had no bearing on this one. Go back to the other board and spew your crap... oh that's right, you can't! By the way, how's basketball? Leave the football talk to those of us who are still playing.
meat loaf Wrote:I wonder what the Pulaski coaching staff will do to prepare for larkey's multiple offense. I mean come on let me see power I right, power I left. Did I leave something out? Oh yea -punt!

You left out the spread?
Didn't you know they run that quite often?
Ask 3wishes....
3wishes Wrote:Not sure what 4 common opponents PC/HC have had? I count 3. Clay County, Perry County Central and Mercer County.

Pulaski County outscored those 132-38
Harlan County outscored those 139-39

No difference and all the games were blowouts and cannot be factored other than both teams are far superior to the common opponents because Harlan County and I'm sure Pulaski County could've out more on the board had they wanted to.

The thing I noticed was PC allows 165 ypg rushing and HC allows just 37 ypg.

None of this matters because it is played on the field not on paper.

3Wishes the KHSAA sight says they give up 75 yards per game.

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2010/stats5.htm
meat loaf Wrote:I wonder what the Pulaski coaching staff will do to prepare for larkey's multiple offense. I mean come on let me see power I right, power I left. Did I leave something out? Oh yea -punt!

Poor Coach Larkey, I don't know how he has managed to win a game over the years, perhaps with your vast knowledge of football you can give him some advice....:eyeroll:
Yogibear Wrote:[quote=zaga_fan]aslan needs to shut up!!
there isn't enough room for any more biased posts on here...
HC fans need all they can get[/Q

Go watch basketball buddy.

Sorry Zaga, but this was hilarous and you know it is! :thatsfunn
Hatz Wrote:3Wishes the KHSAA sight says they give up 75 yards per game.

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2010/stats5.htm

:Thumbs:I meant passing yards per game. It is 36.9 yards per game. I mentioned that stat for PC since they throw it a lot more.

Harlan County actually allows 67 ypg rushing that is through 12 games according to the KHSAA.

zaga_fan Wrote:You left out the spread?
Didn't you know they run that quite often?
Ask 3wishes....

People can make fun or joke around all they want when I say that but the people who watch the games know HC is far from a strict power I 3 back offense.

They are shotgun a lot and just because they don't throw it doesn't mean it wasn't meant to be a pass. Brewer has almost 700 yards rushing because it is open to run and he is fast.

They were in some wild formations last week and the week before throwing touchdowns and running out of it. They have a lot for a defense to work on. They do a lot of shifting and then they do what works a lot and that is run it down people's throat.

Heck one RB almost has 1000 yards in just 4 games played.
former Wrote:Until people work with Pulaski people, only till then will you learn how arrogant they really are. All I hear is how they cry because no one gives them respect, it is cry here cry there in the newspaper all of the time when things go wrong or they lose. All ways blame something for losing. they blame WYMT for not giving them full coverage, and how they are hurt all of the time. Grow up PC and earn your respect, until then no one will ever respect you.

Well I don't know who you're talking about because I work in Pulaski County I don't hear any complaining or crying as you call it! PC has already earned their respect with winning their 1st Regional Championship last year and going 11-1 so far this season! People from Pulaski are not arrogant, their confident and they have every right to be with the team they have and the way their playing!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
3wishes Wrote::Thumbs:I meant passing yards per game. It is 36.9 yards per game. I mentioned that stat for PC since they throw it a lot more.

Harlan County actually allows 67 ypg rushing that is through 12 games according to the KHSAA.

I don't know where on KHSSA you're finding the stats but according to the current up to date stats: Harlan allows 95.7 passing yds per game and 68.3 rushing yds per game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HC gives up 68.25 yards rushing per game and 95.6 passing yards per game.
HC has allowed 819 rushing yards in 12 games and 1,148 passing yards in 12 games.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:HC gives up 68.25 yards rushing per game and 65.6 passing yards per game.

BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:HC has allowed 819 rushing yards in 12 games and 1,148 passing yards in 12 games.

Math lesson time: 1148 total passing yards allowed/12 games = 95.667 passing yards allowed per game!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
leecoukfan Wrote:Math lesson time: 1148 total passing yards allowed/12 games = 95.667 passing yards allowed per game!

You are right. I meant to put a 9 instead of a 6. I had a 6 in my head from the rushing yards.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:You are right. I meant to put a 9 instead of a 6. I had a 6 in my head from the rushing yards.

Oh, ok. I understand I was just trying to clear it up because it seemed like everyone was managing to come up with a different average.:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
leecoukfan Wrote:Oh, ok. I understand I was just trying to clear it up because it seemed like everyone was managing to come up with a different average.:Thumbs:

I even used a calculator. lol :biggrin:
TrueDawg Wrote:Did Pulaski Co. move?

^ Geography lesson for the day...lol
Bear_Paw Wrote:^ Geography lesson for the day...lol

:lmao:
3wishes Wrote:People can make fun or joke around all they want when I say that but the people who watch the games know HC is far from a strict power I 3 back offense.

They are shotgun a lot and just because they don't throw it doesn't mean it wasn't meant to be a pass. Brewer has almost 700 yards rushing because it is open to run and he is fast.

They were in some wild formations last week and the week before throwing touchdowns and running out of it. They have a lot for a defense to work on. They do a lot of shifting and then they do what works a lot and that is run it down people's throat.

Heck one RB almost has 1000 yards in just 4 games played.

I'm just playin' with ya, pal Wink
Don't get so tore up.
I've watched you guys play twice and have seen you guys spread it out and run it before....
however, they still don't do it "a lot" or "quite often" Smile
I think Harlan County has a huge advantage playing at home. I think they will come out and eat up the clock against Pulaski and keep the Maroon's offense off the field. In the end however, I don't think they can score enough points to pull off the upset. I think Pulaski is better on offense and special teams and will have the best player on the field in Eastham. In a close game I'll go with the team with the best player, especially when it is the quarterback.
^Good Post
Pulaski County beat Harlan County "many, many moons ago", it will be a different outcome this time. Also, what is your all's excuse for only beating Southwestern 21-14. Didn't Whitley County beat Southwestern 45-0? I think HC beat Whitley 57-18 last week. My point is anything can happen on any given night. I dont think the KHSAA will just go ahead and make PC regional champs because they won during the regular season. PC will have to travel to Harlan County and play the game. I think if Harlan County would have played Whitley Co. the first game of the year, Harlan County probably would have lost by several Touchdowns. I also have one last comment about PC's special teams, PC did run a punt return for a TD in the first game. Someone said that PC didnt in the prior comments. PC also scored on a long 4th down early in the game, and HC had the ball inside the 5 yard line and didnt score. That is a 21 point swing that PC will not get in this game Friday... This will be a very, very close game but HC will take control in the 3rd quarter.
You better hope he has time to pass...

Jehirco, I've missed you ripping PC on BGP, where did you go.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I think Harlan County has a huge advantage playing at home. I think they will come out and eat up the clock against Pulaski and keep the Maroon's offense off the field. In the end however, I don't think they can score enough points to pull off the upset. I think Pulaski is better on offense and special teams and will have the best player on the field in Eastham. In a close game I'll go with the team with the best player, especially when it is the quarterback.

Yep I agree Norm. Harlan can win the game no doubt, but Pulaski has the talent to play with just about anyone. Hope Pulaski does get behind or the injury bug will probably bite them like it has for the last several years. Good Luck Pulaski let's both try to bring home back to back region titles.
3wishes Wrote:They are as a team a whole lot faster, PC has one of the fastest teams East of I-75.

TrueDawg Wrote:Did Pulaski Co. move?

Bear_Paw Wrote:^ Geography lesson for the day...lol

Geography lesson for the day: I-75 runs North and South going through Whitley, Laurel, Rockcastle, and Madison Counties. All of these are East of Pulaski County. The eastern boundary of Pulaski County is roughly 12 miles West of I-75 and Pulaski County High School is roughly 32 miles West of I-75.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Forever Maroon Wrote: And we shall see just how good this "filthy animal" defense really is. Get your track shoes on boys, you will need them!

Track shoes...Check!...Thanks for the tip!...lol

Here's one for your boys.....

Better stock up on Bandages!!!!.....Cause the [B]"Filthy Animals"
[/B] are just that good!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

GO HC BLACK BEARS!!!!....GROWL!!!...GRUNT!!!....CLAW!!!...and MAUL!!!

They do it all!!!!:devilflam
The thing that makes Harlan Co. dangerous of late is their big play capability. I know Pulaski has it as well, but I watched Harlan Co. twice this year. I would assume that's more than anybody else that is not a Harlan Co. fan, and I've seen them twice since playing Pulaski.
The first meeting with Whitley, you could tell Harlan Co. was still trying to find itself, looking almost lost at times trying to stop Whitley's unusual offense. The second game, it really looked like a different team out there. They were well focused on the game at hand and even though Whitley did not play that well, I would assume Harlan still would have steam rolled us that night even if we would have played a good one.
This is where my prediction comes from....There's a huge difference in playing a team at home in the first game of the year, and then going to their place 2 hours away in the third round of the playoffs. With that mix and the fact that Harlan Co. is much improved since then, I picked Harlan Co. to win this one.

Posters can use past scores and yards per game all they want, you can throw that junk out, heck Whitley blew out SW 2 weeks ago and then gets blown out by Harlan Co. All that matters is who comes to play on Friday.

(Pulaski is also at a disadvantage when Harlan lets their cannons off after they score and you cant see nothing while your on offense cause it hangs overhead in the mountain haha jk)

I'm sticking by my pick to take Harlan in this one, but as many of you have said Pulaski could easily come in and win, and win big. It will all be decided Friday.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next