Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski County @ Harlan County 11/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Who wins and why?

Pulaski beat Harlan County first game of the season 40-7, this time may be different. Who wins?
Harlan Co should give them alot better game this time.
I'm takin Harlan Co. in this one, and not because they beat Whitley like they did.
It's been months since these two have played. That first game wont have nothing to with this one.
Also, its at Harlan County. If the bears defense holds up against that Pulaski offense, they might just be hosting Highlands at home next week.

Harlan 42
Pulaski 28
All reason says that PC should pull this one out, but I'm gonna pick 'da Bears just because I like the thought of Highlands having to travel to Harlan County.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'm takin Harlan Co. in this one, and not because they beat Whitley like they did.
It's been months since these two have played. That first game wont have nothing to with this one.
Also, its at Harlan County. If the bears defense holds up against that Pulaski offense, they might just be hosting Highlands at home next week.
Uu
Harlan 42
Pulaski 28
you have to be kidding me. All you mountain teams stick together I will give you that much. No team in this region is going to beat Pulaski by two touchdowns.you think Pulaski has not improved since week one. Harlan is better but so is Pulaski. Get ready because you are going to get your shot. Just be careful what you ask for?
HC is playing good football but PC is still the defending regional champions and they are playing great football on both side of the ball. So i just don't see HC being able to pull it off. PC rolls in this one beating HC. 42-14!
Pulaski
I would love to see a bell vs pulaski game. now that would be a great game!!!
Harlan Co.
Harlan Co.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'm takin Harlan Co. in this one, and not because they beat Whitley like they did.

Harlan 42
Pulaski 28

Highlands has to beat JC 1st
Pulaski by two TDS.

Harlan 42
Pulaski 28

I just don't see Harlan scoring 42 points on Pulaski's defense. If the Black Bears are going to win they will have to keep the score in the teens or 20's. I think home field will give Harlan a big boost but I don't think it will be enough. I'll take Pulaski 28-20.
meat loaf Wrote:you have to be kidding me. All you mountain teams stick together I will give you that much. No team in this region is going to beat Pulaski by two touchdowns.you think Pulaski has not improved since week one. Harlan is better but so is Pulaski. Get ready because you are going to get your shot. Just be careful what you ask for?

No, actually im not kidding.
I Think HC can pull it out at home.

HC-34
Pulaski-30
Pulaski County is extremely good, and Coach Hines is one of the best.

PC 40
HCC 21
Coach Larkey is never to be underestimated. LY they started the season with an embarrassing loss to Southwestern only to avenge that loss in a big way in the playoffs.

That said even with the presumed coaching edge to HC I think PC has too much talent to loose this game. Just as I said last week this Pulaski D has the talent to be special, this past Friday they put it all together and devistated Clay County after one good drive to start the game. In CC's defense they were missing QB who was sick, Pulaski's D was dominant.

PC 38
HC 20
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No, actually im not kidding.
over the last two years Pulaski has beaten all comers in this region and the sequel is coming for harlan. Sorry but I am tired of hearing how great the mountain teams are. They haven't proven it yet.
meat loaf Wrote:over the last two years Pulaski has beaten all comers in this region and the sequel is coming for harlan. Sorry but I am tired of hearing how great the mountain teams are. They haven't proven it yet.

Actually that is incorrect. North Laurel beat them last year and they are in PCs region.
Pulaski wins because earlier scores in the season don't lie.
The Black Bears will prepare and bring it Friday with nothing less than a win in mind and doing what it takes to get that win. No matter what the opinions are or what the polls say, the Black Bears KNOW they can win it and will show up Friday with fire in their eyes playing for it. GO BLACK BEARS!!!
The Black Bears aint gonna lay down or roll over.THE BLACK BEARS ARE GONNA WIN IT!
Pulaski County 31 at*Harlan County 21 http://www.Calpreps.com
meat loaf Wrote:over the last two years Pulaski has beaten all comers in this region and the sequel is coming for harlan. Sorry but I am tired of hearing how great the mountain teams are. They haven't proven it yet.

Then why are you in favor of Pulaski? WYMT considers them a mountain team and are even in the mountain top ten.
Get your facts straight, i wasn't taking anything away from Pulaski, but there not a far superb team. It's a lot different going to Harlan Co. then getting them at home, don't be surprised if HC pulls off the upset.
RadioVeteran Wrote:Pulaski wins because earlier scores in the season don't lie.

Check results of HC vs, Southwestern game 1 & 2 in 2009.
Nothing but respect for Pulaski County from this corner. HC didn't get off the bus at the Ray Correll bowl (again). Some of that was just not ready to play. But I also have a notion Larkey was wise enough to know we'd see this bunch again and once it started going down hill may have cut the line a bit.

The key for HC in this game is keeping PC's QB contained, putting pressure on him all night, and ball control. Easier said than done. I do believe we can run the ball on them, maybe not to the point we have on some but hopefully enough. you never know....might just see another wrinkle or two...
This is going to be one heck of a game on Friday Night!! The Black Bears are much improved since the beginning of the season but on the other hand so are the Maroons! The Maroons are playing their best football of the season at just the right time! Pulaski County is back to full health and strength on both sides of the ball which showed in their game against Clay Co, shutting them out for about 45 of the 48 minutes in the game! As they were able to do this past Friday, I think the Maroons will be able to minimize their penalties on offense and capitalize on big plays! On the other side of the ball, the Maroon defense is FAST and just smothering, the defense looks the best it has all year! I think the Maroons and Coach John Hines show why their the defending Region Champs!

Pulaski Co. - 42

Harlan Co. - 21
I haven't been able to see the Black Bears play other than in the Grid with my other duties during football season, but I follow them close and know many of the kids well and they have improved so much over the season. This place (Harlan) will be electric and when they crank up the PA and send out the haunting sound of Brad Paisley whailing YOU"ll NEVER LEAVE HARLAN ALIVE the boys from the west side of I-75 may see what being in the mountains is all about. Great job bears and keep it rolling.
PC D has prove that they can stop the power running game that all the mountain teams have. And PC is #1 in pass D. But know one has been able to stop PC O. It going to be a good game but when it is all said and done PC is still able to do what they do by shutting down HC O and showing up there D.
Mountain pride 10 Wrote:I haven't been able to see the Black Bears play other than in the Grid with my other duties during football season, but I follow them close and know many of the kids well and they have improved so much over the season. This place (Harlan) will be electric and when they crank up the PA and send out the haunting sound of Brad Paisley whailing YOU"ll NEVER LEAVE HARLAN ALIVE the boys from the west side of I-75 may see what being in the mountains is all about. Great job bears and keep it rolling.

moonshine at concession stand?Confusedhh:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11