Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pulaski County
54.10%
Harlan County
45.90%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County @ Harlan County 11/19
Thank you for your unbiased perspective.
LOL @ YogiBear!!!
If my memory serves me correctly, Aslan has predicted that Harlan would be beaten in every single playoff game so far...right?

They may or may not win on Friday, I'm betting that they will pull out a close one. But, they have already beaten some mighty good teams that lots of people thought they had no chance against.

HC has done a GREAT job, and they have had the Black Bear Nation behind them every step of the way.

HC 36
PC 24

Go Black Bears!!!!
Yogibear Wrote:Thank you for your unbiased perspective.

Your welcome. :Clap:
Seriously though, seen them both play, and I believe Pulaski wins easy again.
Pulaski County has one of the best special teams units in 5A. They have returned numerous KO and PR for touchdowns or long distances. Alex Abner is a KO machine, I believe he had 3 in one game last year at Southwestern.

The key to Pulaksi County's big win in week 1 was their speed on defense and special teams I don't believe the young Bears were ready or had seen speed that fast, because most of them were fresh off of last years JV season.

Pulaski County also had a KO return for a touchdown, a PR for a touchdown and fumble recovery for a touchdown in week 1 against Harlan County, those were huge blows and is atributed to Pulaski County's great team speed.
PC did beat HC in the first game of the season. In that game, they have 3 weeks to get reald for that game. HC stay couldn't stop PC.
Like i say all season, PC got the best shot to beat Highland.
:Clap:
Aslan Wrote:Your welcome. :Clap:
Seriously though, seen them both play, and I believe Pulaski wins easy again.

:Clap: And again, thank you for your opinion.
cj2561 Wrote:PC did beat HC in the first game of the season. In that game, they have 3 weeks to get reald for that game. HC stay couldn't stop PC.
Like i say all season, PC got the best shot to beat Highland.

FIRST PC has to beat the Bears(first game of the season will not even matter come Friday night) Then the almighty Bluebirds will have to get past the Eagles, (easier said than done this year ,imo...then MAYBE just MAYBE PC gets a shot at Highlands.....we'll see:biggrin:
Yogibear Wrote::Clap:

:Clap: And again, thank you for your opinion.

:flame:
PC wins agian 35-14
It should be a great game! I was looking up some stats from this year. In the 4 common-opponent games each has played, Pulaski has outscored opponents 172-45 while Harlan has outscored same opponents 146-74. PC avg score 43-11 Harlan 36-18. Maroons score more and give up less. What does this all mean? I have entirely too much time on my hands...and Pulaski's defense and speed will be too much for Harlan County.
Someone posted PC had a kick return, a punt return, and fumble recovery for TDs in first match-up. Don't know what game you were watching but that did not happen. Alex Abner had 3 TDs receiving and 1 rushing while Zach Eastham threw a TD to Zack Stoltz. None of those being a punt, kick, or fumble return. I keep reading how much Harlan has improved since the first game, Pulaski is MUCH improved from the first game as well. PLUS they have all their entire offensive and defensive line for this game, which they didn't first time around. AND Alex Abner, as witnessed last week, is finally at 100%. He played the first game against Harlan with a separated shoulder(still had 4 TDs). Good luck trying to stop, or keep up with him and the other PC back's and receivers. Let's just put it this way, if Pulaski plays their A game and Harlan County plays their A game, Pulaski wins. No doubt about that. Harlan County will have a huge advantage playing at home, but if you think Pulaski will be intimidated or scared coming over there... well, you will find out how scared they are Friday.
Call it cockiness, confidence, or whatever you want. Bottom line, it is reality! See you Friday night!!!!!
The Maroons leave the Black Bears feeling blue!
PC 50
HC 2(JV scores safety)
Yogibear Wrote:Thank you for your unbiased perspective.

aslan needs to shut up!!
there isn't enough room for any more biased posts on here...
HC fans need all they can get
Maroons will roll, Eastham and company will continue to put up big numbers!
[quote=zaga_fan]aslan needs to shut up!!
HC fans need all they can get[/Q

Go watch basketball buddy.
There you have it. Nostrildumas and Ezagial have spoken.

Given their combined records of 2 correct, 102 wrong things should look pretty good for the Bears.

Eminem once rapped "You friends are really your enimies with secret identities". I think with Aslan and Zaga it's the exact inverse....They really love us, the're just front'n.
Bear_Paw Wrote:There you have it. Nostrildumas and Ezagial have spoken.

Given their combined records of 2 correct, 102 wrong things should look pretty good for the Bears.

Eminem once rapped "You friends are really your enimies with secret identities". I think with Aslan and Zaga it's the exact inverse....They really love us, the're just front'n.

lol
If you guys didn't get so tore up when I picked against you....
I'd probably pick you every week Wink

You guys are a physical team and keep the ball in your hands.
You can win any game you play in, unless you are simply outmatched.
I don't think Pulaski completely outmatches you, but they have a lot of speed and a lot of size.
It's hard to compete with.
But from reading the maroon lovers posts on here....
They might get on my nerves almost as much as you guys Wink
Yogibear Wrote:[quote=zaga_fan]aslan needs to shut up!!
HC fans need all they can get[/Q

Go watch basketball buddy.

Please stay on-topic, Yogi.
I would hate for another thread to get closed because you guys can't manage to talk about the game the thread is for Sad
Forever Maroon Wrote:It should be a great game! I was looking up some stats from this year. In the 4 common-opponent games each has played, Pulaski has outscored opponents 172-45 while Harlan has outscored same opponents 146-74. PC avg score 43-11 Harlan 36-18. Maroons score more and give up less. What does this all mean? I have entirely too much time on my hands...and Pulaski's defense and speed will be too much for Harlan County.

Not sure what 4 common opponents PC/HC have had? I count 3. Clay County, Perry County Central and Mercer County.

Pulaski County outscored those 132-38
Harlan County outscored those 139-39

No difference and all the games were blowouts and cannot be factored other than both teams are far superior to the common opponents because Harlan County and I'm sure Pulaski County could've out more on the board had they wanted to.

The thing I noticed was PC allows 165 ypg rushing and HC allows just 37 ypg.

None of this matters because it is played on the field not on paper.
3wishes Wrote:Not sure what 4 common opponents PC/HC have had? I count 3. Clay County, Perry County Central and Mercer County.

Pulaski County outscored those 132-38
Harlan County outscored those 139-39

No difference and all the games were blowouts and cannot be factored other than both teams are far superior to the common opponents because Harlan County and I'm sure Pulaski County could've out more on the board had they wanted to.

The thing I noticed was PC allows 165 ypg rushing and HC allows just 37 ypg.

None of this matters because it is played on the field not on paper.

UUUMMMM.... let me look, where did I put that list? OHHHHH here it is....WAIT... didn't PULASKI PLAY HARLAN COUNTY???? AND... Didn't HARLAN COUNTY PLAY PULASKI?? OHHH yeah they did! You didn't factor in the one game that does matter. Whatever makes you feel better.

Harlan County has not faced an offense like they will see Friday night. They just don't have the speed to keep up outside on the Pulaski receivers. We can go back and forth all week but Harlan County will find out Friday night just how good, or bad as some Harlan County fans think, the Pulaski defense is. And we shall see just how good this "filthy animal" defense really is. Get your track shoes on boys, you will need them!
^It's posts like this that made me almost want to predict the Cubs in this one...
Forever Maroon Wrote:UUUMMMM.... let me look, where did I put that list? OHHHHH here it is....WAIT... didn't PULASKI PLAY HARLAN COUNTY???? AND... Didn't HARLAN COUNTY PLAY PULASKI?? OHHH yeah they did! You didn't factor in the one game that does matter. Whatever makes you feel better.

Harlan County has not faced an offense like they will see Friday night. They just don't have the speed to keep up outside on the Pulaski receivers. We can go back and forth all week but Harlan County will find out Friday night just how good, or bad as some Harlan County fans think, the Pulaski defense is. And we shall see just how good this "filthy animal" defense really is. Get your track shoes on boys, you will need them!

No need to get offensive:igiveup:

When you are comparing two teams common opponents the game between each other is usually never factored in, because they were THE opponent. Either way it makes no difference, you can spin numbers to go in any direction for any scenario.

Like I said; bottom line is, it is played on the field and not on paper.:Thumbs:

Everyone on here has/is giving Pulaski County all the credit in the world and they are admitting PC has really good speed everywhere, everyone knows Harlan County is a big under dog and will be lucky to survive to the Semifinals to play HHS or JC. Harlan County has nothing to lose and PC has all the pressure on them to win again. There is no reason to get chippy when everyone is agreeing that PC has a fine team.
Just finally taking up for my team. Tired of the disrespect. Harlan County has a very good team. I just feel that Pulaski is superior. It's ok for the Harlan fans to talk about how good they are, but Pulaski fans do it and it is arrogance, cockiness, disrespect? Both teams are much better than the first time they played. Pulaski is still MUCH faster than Harlan. That's the difference.
[quote=Forever Maroon]Pulaski is MUCH improved from the first game as well. PLUS they have all their entire offensive and defensive line for this game, which they didn't first time around. AND Alex Abner, as witnessed last week, is finally at 100%. He played the first game against Harlan with a separated shoulder(still had 4 TDs). Good luck trying to stop, or keep up with him and the other PC back's and receivers. QUOTE]

You don't really want to get into a comparision of PC vs HC in the injury department or who was healthy and who wasn't playing in the first game of the year because HC would win that comparision with a landslide amount.Confusedhh::biggrin:
^
I see what you're saying.
but I promise you that I've been here the whole time saying that Harlan is arrogant and cocky lol
I've picked you guys to win and it isn't even an argument that Harlan is as fast as the maroons.
However, Harlan is a very physical team and if you guys play like you did against Perry in the first half Harlan will get a lead on you and you won't see the ball enough to do much about it.

Best of luck to both teams.

Cubs lose Wink
Forever Maroon Wrote:Just finally taking up for my team. Tired of the disrespect. Harlan County has a very good team. I just feel that Pulaski is superior. It's ok for the Harlan fans to talk about how good they are, but Pulaski fans do it and it is arrogance, cockiness, disrespect? Both teams are much better than the first time they played. Pulaski is still MUCH faster than Harlan. That's the difference.

They are as a team a whole lot faster, PC has one of the fastest teams East of I-75.

Harlan County is definatley bigger and I'd be willing to bet a lot stronger even though that is hard to judge, but they won several weight medals this offseason as a team and with individuals with their weightlifting.
^btw my comment was to forever maroon.
3wishes just got in before me Wink
Pc 40-25
Forever Maroon Wrote:Just finally taking up for my team. Tired of the disrespect. Harlan County has a very good team. I just feel that Pulaski is superior. It's ok for the Harlan fans to talk about how good they are, but Pulaski fans do it and it is arrogance, cockiness, disrespect? Both teams are much better than the first time they played. Pulaski is still MUCH faster than Harlan. That's the difference.

Until people work with Pulaski people, only till then will you learn how arrogant they really are. All I hear is how they cry because no one gives them respect, it is cry here cry there in the newspaper all of the time when things go wrong or they lose. All ways blame something for losing. they blame WYMT for not giving them full coverage, and how they are hurt all of the time. Grow up PC and earn your respect, until then no one will ever respect you.
^I understand why WYMT doesn't give them full coverage....
IMO they aren't really a "mountain" team.
3wishes Wrote:They are as a team a whole lot faster, PC has one of the fastest teams East of I-75.

Did Pulaski Co. move?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next