Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pulaski County
54.10%
Harlan County
45.90%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County @ Harlan County 11/19
:devilflam:ChairHit:Ok this has went on all season with teams that face harlan, the other teams are always playing there best before playing harlan. Like with perry, and mecer county, they were peaking, same with clay, and then harlan blows them away with a 50 to something score. pulaski is no bell county no matter how much they want to be, pulaski is good they have earned that, but the fans are cocky to think that they will come in to harlan and beat us 42-20. Not going to happen by a long shot, who wins this game will be by a touch down or harlan blows them out 1 of the 2 will happen. As far as the mountain teams being as good as they say they are, bell has proved it, johnson central has proved it, and harlan has. So come on down to harlan come though the gates have a seat and when you hear the song play and the gates shut it will be feeding time.
Hoping Harlan Co. can pull this one out at home!!!

Someone is right us "mountain schools do stick together."
Norm Peterson Wrote:I just don't see Harlan scoring 42 points on Pulaski's defense.

meat loaf Wrote:No team in this region is going to beat Pulaski by two touchdowns.

meat loaf Wrote:Sorry but I am tired of hearing how great the mountain teams are. They haven't proven it yet.

[SIZE="3"]Wow!...Where do I start?

It appears that Pulaski has become entirely too arrogant!....Time to be taken down a peg or two!!!!...Come Friday night, the HC BLACK BEARS with their Filthy Animal Defense is gonna Prove just how strong mountain teams are!!!....You'll just have to get used to hearing about that from now on!!!!

I say the HC Black BEARS are gonna drain all the color out of the Pulaski Co. Defense!!!!.....GRRRR....GRRRR!!!!!
[/SIZE]

[IMG][/IMG]

[SIZE="3"]Do you really expect a box of Bland colors to be intimidating?.....Maybe if they were Fire Engine Red!....or Electric Blue!....but Maroon?....LOL.....:lmao:....:devilflam

Go BLACK BEARS!!!!!
[/SIZE]

[IMG][/IMG]
Harlan County 36 --Pulaski County 27
Harlan Co. will take this game because Pulaski Co. will not be able to stop the running game. Pulaski Co. will catch a few deep balls on Harlan Co. but by the 4th quarter Harlan Co. will be in control. I know everyone is going to go by the first meeting of HC & PC but that was last season because we're in a "New Season", now.
November 26, 2010- Highlands vs. Harlan Co.
One thing I want to know is why everyone keeps mentioning how Harlan County will show em how Mountain teams play? I have nothing but respect for Harlan County but Pulaski County is considered to be a mountain team as well! They have been ranked #3 in the WYMT Mountain Top Ten basically all year, so we've got two mountain teams going against eachother in this matchup!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Filthy Animal Wrote:[/B]

[SIZE="3"]Wow!...Where do I start?

It appears that Pulaski has become entirely too arrogant!....Time to be taken down a peg or two!!!!...Come Friday night, the HC BLACK BEARS with their Filthy Animal Defense is gonna Prove just how strong mountain teams are!!!....You'll just have to get used to hearing about that from now on!!!!

I say the HC Black BEARS are gonna drain all the color out of the Pulaski Co. Defense!!!!.....GRRRR....GRRRR!!!!!
[/SIZE]

[IMG][/IMG]

[SIZE="3"]Do you really expect a box of Bland colors to be intimidating?.....Maybe if they were Fire Engine Red!....or Electric Blue!....but Maroon?....LOL.....:lmao:....:devilflam

Go BLACK BEARS!!!!!
[/SIZE]

[IMG][/IMG]

LOL, I like it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The key to beating Pulaski is run the ball up the middle like, Swhs did when they played Southwestern moved the ball good. Clay co tried to run outside bust it up the middle.
big blu 2 u Wrote:moonshine at concession stand?Confusedhh:

Prolly not at the concession stand....but I know a friend of a friend who might be able to hook you up! :dogbowl:
leecoukfan Wrote:One thing I want to know is why everyone keeps mentioning how Harlan County will show em how Mountain teams play? I have nothing but respect for Harlan County but Pulaski County is considered to be a mountain team as well! They have been ranked #3 in the WYMT Mountain Top Ten basically all year, so we've got two mountain teams going against eachother in this matchup!

True Mountain Teams are east of I75...south of Mountain Parkway...lol.
Harlan Co. is much improved but Pulaski seems to be as well. I like Pulaski in this one 38-21, and the only reason I think it'll be that close is the fact that it is in Harlan Co. I'm rooting for a Pulaski Co./Johnson Central semifinals to decide who is going to BG.
Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears.

DITKA!!!!!

HC 28
PC 21

See explanation for my prediction above.
Pulaski County 28

Harlan County 24
Pig Jones Wrote:The key to beating Pulaski is run the ball up the middle like, Swhs did when they played Southwestern moved the ball good. Clay co tried to run outside bust it up the middle.

Wow, I guess that is the way! SWHS beat them running the ball on them.... WOW... :moon:

I am curious HC Black Bear fans, is Harlan Co. the only team that got better from week one? Every team that has gotten this far in the playoffs have improved from week one, that is a given, so really how is that an advantage for HC? And I keep hearing they are doing things different, You mean they are not lining up in full house backfield and running the ball straight ahead like they have all year? what has changed? Are they Bigger or faster than they were all year?
Yes playing at home will help them, but I just don't think that alone is enough.
Sorry Black Bears.
Clay did not have their starting QB against Pulaski Co., Pulaski Co. should have beat Clay by more. Harlan County will score a lot on PC and I hope PC has improved so that they can keep up in this game.
It has been said already, but what happened way back in August will have no bearing on this game Friday Night. Here's what I think, for what it's worth. Both teams have improved drastically since August. However, I don't think Harlan has gotten any faster, or bigger, or stronger. I don't think Pulaski, has gotten any slower, bigger, or stronger. But I do believe Pulaski is as healthy as they have been since early in the season. If Pulaski doesn't commit turnovers, and limits their mistakes they will win because speed kills. If Harlan can have 6-8 minute drives and keep Pulaski's offense on the sideline's, and limit their mistakes, i.e., turnovers & Penatlies, Harlan will win.

Having said all of that, I think Pulaski is too fast, and I think their defense will come up with more stops. I don't think it will be a high scoring game unless there are turnovers.

Pulaski 23 Harlan 14.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Then why are you in favor of Pulaski? WYMT considers them a mountain team and are even in the mountain top ten.
Get your facts straight, i wasn't taking anything away from Pulaski, but there not a far superb team. It's a lot different going to Harlan Co. then getting them at home, don't be surprised if HC pulls off the upset.

Upset it would be! But HC can do it and all things are possible on Friday nights. After the PC win of 40-7 game one, it would favor PC to win. Black Bears will give it all they have and win if possible. It will be differnet than first game. Only worry how they can overcome the deficit of the first game point spread. PC is definately pick to win my most.
wiseguy85 Wrote:Wow, I guess that is the way! SWHS beat them running the ball on them.... WOW... :moon:

I am curious HC Black Bear fans, is Harlan Co. the only team that got better from week one? Every team that has gotten this far in the playoffs have improved from week one, that is a given, so really how is that an advantage for HC? And I keep hearing they are doing things different, You mean they are not lining up in full house backfield and running the ball straight ahead like they have all year? what has changed? Are they Bigger or faster than they were all year?
Yes playing at home will help them, but I just don't think that alone is enough.
Sorry Black Bears.

The first game had a lot of young players with first varsity game. They have improved a lot. Plus I heard they had about 5 new players move in from VA and TN.
The first game was actually pretty close until the second half, then when PC started to extend the lead HC seemed to quit. I do n't expect them to quit this time but I also don't expect them to win. This may be the best Pulaski team ever, definately the Best Pulaski D they have had.
wiseguy85 Wrote:Wow, I guess that is the way! SWHS beat them running the ball on them.... WOW... :moon:

Sorry Black Bears.

Nope, we are not the "only" team to get better, I heard a couple more have improved, just not as much as us, and you have heard wrong! We are gonna run the ball down your throat! the only thing different this week will be the new "Safari" hats the boosters bought for our coaching staff!...

Welcome to Harlan County!

In the deep dark hills of eastern KY!!!! :moon:
[quote=HAT51]The first game had a lot of young players with first varsity game. They have improved a lot. Plus I heard they had about 5 new players move in from VA and TN.[/QU
Harlan players remember the beat down they recievd in week one. I know they have improved but so has Pulaski. Pulaski also had a couple of players out in that game. Sorry to sound arrogant but Pulaski is fast and more physical than you think. No matter what you think those kids still remember week one that was all Pulaski and if Pulaski starts off strong those memories will be fresh in the cubs minds! Eastham is by far the best Qb in the region. Abner may be the best all around player in region, and Pulaski's special teams are solid. Sorry bears just top many weapons!
Oh yea and one more thing, don't ever compare Southwestern with Pulaski, the difference being this class of seniors at Pulaski is playoff tested and have a regional title as juniors.
Harlan Co. 28 - Pulaski - 24
FleaFlicker123 Wrote:Clay did not have their starting QB against Pulaski Co., Pulaski Co. should have beat Clay by more. Harlan County will score a lot on PC and I hope PC has improved so that they can keep up in this game.

Well they could have scored alot more on Clay County if Shannon Arnett hadn't asked for a running clock just a couple minutes into the 3rd quarter and John Hines preferred to put the JVs into the game in the 4th quarter rather than run up the score and risk injury!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/xsi9x...s5txw1.jpg]

MAROONS
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Bears win! I think PC will be shocked and will be asking themselves what is going on!
You will never leave Harlan alive, boooom from the canon that will going off alnight!
HCHS - 34
PC - 21
The Black Bears have some speedsters as well. The Bears will be coming hard, right at 'em, no tricks, right at 'em. It will not be easy. No doubt both teams are improved. It wouldn't be a fair assessment using how the first game of the season went. Friday Night the Black Bears will make every effort to gain the win. They know they can beat Pulaski, they have NO DOUBT in their minds that they can BEAT PULASKI! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
I hope PC pulls this one out, but it should b a dandy. If the maroons show up focused then it should be a great game. If they show up overconfidenced then it will be be a long , sad busride home.
I think Hines will have them ready though.
Now if Pulaski Co comes in thinking this game is going to be like the first one they are wrong. Game #1 to Game #13. HC has had time to improve. I think in 08 Bell Co beat Knox pretty easily but come Region Championshiop that year Bell barely beat them by 2 or 3 pts at Log Mountain.
i think this game will be alot closer then the first game. goodluck to both teams
Watched them both play and I believe Pulaski has little trouble and lays the smack down on the cubs again.
Pulaski - 42
Harlan - 16
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next