Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
42.97%
Johnson Central
57.03%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Johnson Central 11/19
Highlands 45-21__
Jude and the Eagles win in a close one. This game will be a classic!
Calpreps predicts - Highlands 40 at*Johnson Central 21 http://www.Calpreps.com
Just want to pause here to reminisce about all the 0-10, 1-9, and 2-8 seasons I've endured as a Golden Eagle fan (and there've been more than a few), how we used to be a perennial doormat, and think how incredible it is that fans of a team like Highlands take this game as a serious threat now. It seems unreal to look back on all the bad times and think this is the same football program. Just want to thank the administration, Coach Matney, the staff, the players, their parents, and the other loyal fans for all coming together and making this possible.
Stardust Wrote:Calpreps predicts - Highlands 40 at*Johnson Central 21 http://www.Calpreps.com

Dear God I hope they are right.:worthy:
How many is projected to be at this game?
Close early, with Highlands pulling away in the 2nd half.

Highlands 34
JC 20
An absolute barn burner to say the least. No blowouts in this game, should be a good one. the last two yrs jc had ft. thomas running scared (at times) and key turnovers and blown coverages cost them the game. You can't make mental mistakes against a highlands team without them making you pay for them. I have to say i like JC's odds in this one and this could be the yr they go all the way, Jude and co. too much for highlands defense...We Believe Eagles
JC-42
HHS-35
BelfryPirates Wrote:Close early, with Highlands pulling away in the 2nd half.

Highlands 34
JC 20

That has been the modus operendi for good teams Highlands has played the year (except for the Covington Catholic game and Ryle loss of course). Close in the first half and then the Birds seem to have the uncanny ability to pull away in the end.

In the 2 losses to Boyle and Bell I am curious if JC had to throw late in the game to try and score quickly. When they trailed last year in Ft. Thomas it seemed as if they were not equipped to comeback via the pass.

I know JC trailed in their game vs. Covington Catholic but it was 1 TD if the reports we were getting were accurate. If Highlands is up by 14 or more in the 2nd half it will be interesting to see if JC changes to a more vertical attack.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I hope that Towles is okay and is able to play at 100 percent. I would hate for JC to squeak by Highlands without Towles and listen to the excuses for the loss for the rest of time. I also hate to see any kid get knocked out of the playoffs because of an injury.

And you're trying to tell me that if Highlands squeaked by JC and Jude, Hall and Bratton weren't able to play, we wouldn't hear JC folks claiming: what if? :biggrin: If I recall properly, we heard some "what ifs" out of the JC fans when their fullback went out with an injury back in 06 against CovCath.

I get so tired of the "injuries are part of the game" comment. Of course they are. But any one that doesn't think injuries to starters, particularly key starters like Towles, Jude, Dillon of last year, etc., etc., has an impact on the outcome of a game quite simply is unrealistic. With great depth and performance by the uninjured players, injuries can be overcome, but to think injuries don't play a role in the outcome of a game is simply unrealistic.
charlie22 Wrote:And you're trying to tell me that if Highlands squeaked by JC and Jude, Hall and Bratton weren't able to play, we wouldn't hear JC folks claiming: what if? :biggrin: If I recall properly, we heard some "what ifs" out of the JC fans when their fullback went out with an injury back in 06 against CovCath.

I get so tired of the "injuries are part of the game" comment. Of course they are. But any one that doesn't think injuries to starters, particularly key starters like Towles, Jude, Dillon of last year, etc., etc., has an impact on the outcome of a game quite simply is unrealistic. With great depth and performance by the uninjured players, injuries can be overcome, but to think injuries don't play a role in the outcome of a game is simply unrealistic.

Now that's the Chuck that I've come to know and love!:Cheerlead I agree totally.
Diogenes Wrote:Just want to pause here to reminisce about all the 0-10, 1-9, and 2-8 seasons I've endured as a Golden Eagle fan (and there've been more than a few), how we used to be a perennial doormat, and think how incredible it is that fans of a team like Highlands take this game as a serious threat now. It seems unreal to look back on all the bad times and think this is the same football program. Just want to thank the administration, Coach Matney, the staff, the players, their parents, and the other loyal fans for all coming together and making this possible.

:Thumbs:
Diogenes Wrote:Just want to pause here to reminisce about all the 0-10, 1-9, and 2-8 seasons I've endured as a Golden Eagle fan (and there've been more than a few), how we used to be a perennial doormat, and think how incredible it is that fans of a team like Highlands take this game as a serious threat now. It seems unreal to look back on all the bad times and think this is the same football program. Just want to thank the administration, Coach Matney, the staff, the players, their parents, and the other loyal fans for all coming together and making this possible.

Football is football. You're only as good as your next game. Names mean nothing. Highlands takes every game as a serious threat regardless of the name or past history. Way overthinking this, IMO.
charlie22 Wrote:And you're trying to tell me that if Highlands squeaked by JC and Jude, Hall and Bratton weren't able to play, we wouldn't hear JC folks claiming: what if? :biggrin: If I recall properly, we heard some "what ifs" out of the JC fans when their fullback went out with an injury back in 06 against CovCath.

You obviously missed my point badly.

Of course if a key player goes out of the Highlands game early you will read the "what if" posts. All I am saying is that I want to see JC beat a healthy Highlands team so that we do not need to read such posts. If Jude or Hall go out early with an injury, it is unlikely JC will win the game because they are so integral to the JC offense and defense.

In 2006, Blake Johnson was eating up 5, 6 or more yards on every carry and JC was driving deep in CovCath territory down by one score. His injury hurt the Golden Eagles on both sides of the line. I think that CovCath would have won that game anyway but the margin would probably have been much closer with him in the lineup for four quarters. Johnson Central lost a playoff game in similar fashion to Bell County back in the Musick era when its stud fullback/linebacker was injured very late in the game (I believe it was Bowling). Without him, the JC defense could no longer slow down the Bobcats' ground game and Bell came from behind to win the game.

Injuries are part of the game and they do have a big impact on outcomes. I want to see a healthy Johnson Central team beat a healthy Highlands team and leave no doubt which was the better team this season. If the better team turns out to be Highlands, then I will wish them well with the rest of their season. I never like to see a game determined by injuries or blown calls.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Football is football. You're only as good as your next game. Names mean nothing. Highlands takes every game as a serious threat regardless of the name or past history. Way overthinking this, IMO.
:lmao: Highlands does not take every game as a serious threat. No team does. Nor should they. How long has it been since Highlands decided to rest starters, who were healthy enough to play, to help them nurse minor injuries?
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Football is football. You're only as good as your next game. Names mean nothing. Highlands takes every game as a serious threat regardless of the name or past history. Way overthinking this, IMO.

Diogenes was comparing JC's past to today. Why make a smart remark about him overthinking this. He was commenting on the vast change more than Friday nights game. As for your remark, if you honestly think that Highlands took Woodford County as serious as they are taking the JC game on Friday, t. Let's just wait and play Friday and see what happens.
It may just be a couple fans, but it seems like you guys want respect way too bad. Even if they beat Highlands, which won't happen, they'll still be Johnson Central to Kentucky. A program does not earn respect by winning alone.
THOMCAT Wrote:Diogenes was comparing JC's past to today. Why make a smart remark about him overthinking this. He was commenting on the vast change more than Friday nights game. As for your remark, if you honestly think that Highlands took Woodford County as serious as they are taking the JC game on Friday, . Let's just wait and play Friday and see what happens.

Everytime someone disagrees with you, it's a smart remark. Please so some self evaluation and realize that this a forum of opinions.
THOMCAT Wrote:Diogenes was comparing JC's past to today. Why make a smart remark about him overthinking this. He was commenting on the vast change more than Friday nights game. As for your remark, if you honestly think that Highlands took Woodford County as serious as they are taking the JC game on Friday, then that shows your disrespect for JC's talent or shows innorance when scouting other opponents. Let's just wait and play Friday and see what happens.
:Thumbs: Well said. For those of us who have followed JC football for many years, it is great to see the program reach this level where the Golden Eagles are considered serious contenders. It has taken a long time to reach this point and is it the result of a lot of hard work by everybody involved over the years.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Get off the smart remark junk. Everytime someone disagrees with you, it's a smart remark. Please so some self evaluation and realize that this a forum of opinions.

As you state, this is a forum of opinions, both of threads and members. You know my opinion of both.
THOMCAT Wrote:As you state, this is a forum of opinions, both of threads and members. You know my opinion of both.

and you know mine.:1:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Highlands will show JC stuff that they haven't seen all year offensively.

You have not seen Bell Co. or Knox Cent. this year then? JC has prepared themselves for this game by playing a pretty tough non-district schedule.

Go JC make the mountains proud!!!!!!!
^ So it's OK to say Go Highlands, Make Northern Kentucky proud:Thumbs:

Over thinking? Maybe reflecting but I have read nothing that could have been viewed as over thinking. IMO a very nice post about how the JC program has evolved.
^ Let's not start any this Love & Respect stuff, that's no fun!
:biggrin:
Pull'n hard for the Eagles...Gonna Be Good!
This could turn into a classic thread lol.
William Muney Wrote:You have not seen Bell Co. or Knox Cent. this year then? JC has prepared themselves for this game by playing a pretty tough non-district schedule.

Go JC make the mountains proud!!!!!!!

No disrespect to teams mentioned, but I Know they did not have a QB who can throw a 50 yard pass on a rope and thread it between 2 defenders like Towles. I am not blowing smoke, in fact I think HHS throws the long ball way too much. Coach loves 35+ yard passes and will not throw a 5-7 yard pass hardly at all. Towles has a great arm, poor decision to throw at times in double and triple coverage ( give him credit, the kids got big ones!). Highlands will test JC pass coverage, because that is their weakness and they want two way starters to have to run 30-40 yards every play. If JC pulls LB's back to try to stop the pass, Towles will run for big yardage. I do not think Highlands fans are worried about being stopped on O, the concern is will HHS D slow down JC running game.
Wideleft01 Wrote:It depends on turnovers or who can get a stop. I don't think it will be a defensive struggle. Just watched Covcath gashing the Johnson Central defense. However, Covcath couldn't even slow down Jude. The game comes down to Jude vs Highlands defense.

I think that with Jude, Johnson Central has a legitamte shot at winning this game! Should be an intense and high scoring game not really sure what the score would be in this one. I will have to ponder on that thought for a while and post it later!

GO GOLDEN EAGLES !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next