Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kanter ruled ineligible
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, I WILL say that I agree with a lot of what you say..Im just saying that we'd all chase the money if we were 18 again. But heck man, I was slingin Coke on the shelves for $9/hr when I was 18, lol, so its easy for me to say...but I bet you'd agree with me when I say that Adam Morrison had the greatest 'stache of anybody in college basketball in 30 years.

I couldn't stand the stache lol

I just think college basketball is slowly becoming a joke.
Women's basketball still has some integrity.
WNBA players that aren't going to have an amazing career have the option of using their degree because they aren't paid obscene amounts of money.
I am and always will be an advocate of staying 4 years.
I know if I was an 18 year old that could drop 50 on Duke I may be singing a different tune, but we'll never know that lol

and for those that are wondering....
when I randomly lash out on here in a post that takes 10 minutes to read....
I was probably laughing the whole time I typed it up.

Thanks for not going too wild, hoss Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:I couldn't stand the stache lol

I just think college basketball is slowly becoming a joke.
Women's basketball still has some integrity.
WNBA players that aren't going to have an amazing career have the option of using their degree because they aren't paid obscene amounts of money.
I am and always will be an advocate of staying 4 years.
I know if I was an 18 year old that could drop 50 on Duke I may be singing a different tune, but we'll never know that lol

and for those that are wondering....
when I randomly lash out on here in a post that takes 10 minutes to read....
I was probably laughing the whole time I typed it up.

Thanks for not going too wild, hoss Wink
Well man, Im the same way..and for the record, I wasnt pointing the post I made at anybody in particular. Ive just read peoples posts on various sites, and I posted it, lol..but nah, Im always up for a good debate, and I enjoy other peoples input, even if I may not agree with it. I have read your posts on here, and I respect you very much. So no harm done..but we will forever disagree on the Morrison 'stache. I LOVED Adam Morrison, and that wonderfully crafted 'stache, lol..and besides man, Ive been a diehard Arkansas basketball fan (and Bama football) my whole life, so I dont have much of a dog in this fight anyways, LOL..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well man, Im the same way..and for the record, I wasnt pointing the post I made at anybody in particular. Ive just read peoples posts on various sites, and I posted it, lol..but nah, Im always up for a good debate, and I enjoy other peoples input, even if I may not agree with it. I have read your posts on here, and I respect you very much. So no harm done..but we will forever disagree on the Morrison 'stache. I LOVED Adam Morrison, and that wonderfully crafted 'stache, lol..and besides man, Ive been a diehard Arkansas basketball fan (and Bama football) my whole life, so I dont have much of a dog in this fight anyways, LOL..

I just like sports in general.
I don't really a die hard fan of too many teams.
I just follow players and coaches.
I'm a big Saban fan, even his stint with the dolphins lol. He's the best in college football.
I like Mark Few and wish UK would have signed him back when they signed Billy G.
I just can't get behind Coach Cal.
Stardust Wrote:For every Corey Magette there is always a Derrick Rose and a Marcus Camby. I guess if Coach K is beyond reproach, then what is Cal? He must be the Teflon Don, because he has never done anything illegal. I just guess Cal is much better than Coack K because, have ever been caught! But it's Coach K that every single pungent in the Basketball world lauds his integrity. Does the rest of the Basketball world (amateur and pro) say the same about Cal. There is our opinion, then there is those that are tremendously more in the know than us!
Jesus Christ.... Camby has came out and said that Cal knew nothing of what happened with that agent at the time. Vitale was even defending Cal on that tonite.
I don't know the whole deal about the Rose situation. I don't know what Cal's involvment, if any, is. But the deal at UMass was nothing of his doing.
Would it be Coach K's or Roy Williams' fault if one of their players took money without them knowing?
zaga_fan Wrote:Here are a few math problems.
I worked em out with a calculator to make sure I was right Wink

100,000 - 33,033 = 66967 < evidently you can make this and be eligible.

K = 100,000
M = 2000

K > M

K = 50M
Very colorful. Now where in that equation does it show that Maggette was an international player? Oh it don't. That's right he is American. Last time I checked it is illegal for any amount of benefits to paid to a player in America and them retain their amature status. Especially after that player lied about recieving said benefits.
^ What are you talking about international players and Corey Maggette for.
I was just working out math problems.
Isn't this the math homework thread?!

I must have been in the worng forum Smile
zaga_fan Wrote:Coach K doesn't fool with semi-pro players from overseas.
And Coach Cal has shown time and time again he simply doesn't care who he signs, as long as they sign.

:notworthy:Thumbs::Clap::worthy:
Amun-Ra Wrote:Jesus Christ.... Camby has came out and said that Cal knew nothing of what happened with that agent at the time. Vitale was even defending Cal on that tonite.
I don't know the whole deal about the Rose situation. I don't know what Cal's involvment, if any, is. But the deal at UMass was nothing of his doing.
Would it be Coach K's or Roy Williams' fault if one of their players took money without them knowing?

Please, I love this crap about how Coaches just don't know anything....He got his money, why would he rat Cal out?
It is not the end of the world. I would rather have Kanter ruled ineligible now than having another possible final four vacated by Coach Cal if Kanter had played.
It is not like this team is a bunch of scrubs. There is still tons of talent on this team. They still could make a run to the final four with this group.
Jarons Wrote:It is not the end of the world. I would rather have Kanter ruled ineligible now than having another possible final four vacated by Coach Cal if Kanter had played.
It is not like this team is a bunch of scrubs. There is still tons of talent on this team. They still could make a run to the final four with this group.

Great post Jarons :Thumbs:

Even though you are a Steelers Fan, you do have common sense :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Great post Jarons :Thumbs:

Thanks. You are pretty smart for a Bengals fan:thanks:
^ lol
First off I want to say I see SD kept his end of the deal...
But I am speechless at this, I was playing call of duty last night, mom ran in and told me the news.. I wanted to cry..

I believe we are still a good team but not what we could have been with Kanter.
Don't stop believeing UK fans, have faith in our boys and our coach!
If Kanter doesn't play, I see 10-12 losses.Cal should have had a backup plan.
^10-12 losses
I really don't think that UK will lose 10-12 games. They will be more talented than most of the teams they play. I see them losing 6-9 games this year.
^No way....
In case you haven't had the chance, please take time to read this article:
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketb...nes-kanter

In this article, you will notice that the NCAA said that the Kanters received over $33,000 more than they should have. However, about $20,000 of that was used to pay for Kanters education, which according to the NCAA, is a permissible expense. However, because the Turkish club paid the Kanters directly instead of the institution, they are considering that 20k to be excessive.

The remaining 13k is still sitting in an account of its own because the Kanters didn't want to risk Enes' amateurism and weren't familiar with NCAA rules, so they stuck it in a separate account, where every dime is still accounted for. They offered to give it back to the Turkish club or the NCAA and both said no, they didn't want it. Now in my opinion, this ruling is bull-ish. The Kanters never used this money except for what it was supposed to be used for, and even kept records of everything it was spent on, yet because the Turkish club didn't pay the schools directly, Enes is ruled ineligible.

Now my question is this, why is Renardo Sidney allowed to play for Mississippi State this year? The Sidneys refused to help the NCAA, the found the Sidneys were living in a house that was way beyond what they could afford, and found that the Sidneys must pay back $11,800, but will be eligible to play this year with Miss. St. How is that fair that he can pay it back, when he was clearly using money as extra benefits?

Also, what about another incident at Miss. St. Dee Bost entered his name into the NBA draft, did not remove his name from the draft, which by rule declares him an NBA player, yet the NCAA said Bost didn't know the rules and are letting him come back to play for Miss. St. this year.

The double standard that the NCAA throws out is absolutely ridiculous. If you're going to rule Kanter ineligible, fine. But you had better rule everyone else ineligible that has ever received money for high school (the players who attend Oak Hill Academy are given $22,000 worth of scholarships per year to attend there) or any other kind of money. If the NCAA was consistent, they would have declared Maggette ineligible, John Wall ineligible, Josh Selby ineligible, and Renardo Sidney ineligible. What they are doing here is obviously showing their favoritism first hand.
BCF4L Wrote:In case you haven't had the chance, please take time to read this article:

In this article, you will notice that the NCAA said that the Kanters received over $33,000 more than they should have. However, about $20,000 of that was used to pay for Kanters education, which according to the NCAA, is a permissible expense. However, because the Turkish club paid the Kanters directly instead of the institution, they are considering that 20k to be excessive.

The remaining 13k is still sitting in an account of its own because the Kanters didn't want to risk Enes' amateurism and weren't familiar with NCAA rules, so they stuck it in a separate account, where every dime is still accounted for. They offered to give it back to the Turkish club or the NCAA and both said no, they didn't want it. Now in my opinion, this ruling is bull-ish. The Kanters never used this money except for what it was supposed to be used for, and even kept records of everything it was spent on, yet because the Turkish club didn't pay the schools directly, Enes is ruled ineligible.

Now my question is this, why is Renardo Sidney allowed to play for Mississippi State this year? The Sidneys refused to help the NCAA, the found the Sidneys were living in a house that was way beyond what they could afford, and found that the Sidneys must pay back $11,800, but will be eligible to play this year with Miss. St. How is that fair that he can pay it back, when he was clearly using money as extra benefits?

Also, what about another incident at Miss. St. Dee Bost entered his name into the NBA draft, did not remove his name from the draft, which by rule declares him an NBA player, yet the NCAA said Bost didn't know the rules and are letting him come back to play for Miss. St. this year.

The double standard that the NCAA throws out is absolutely ridiculous. If you're going to rule Kanter ineligible, fine. But you had better rule everyone else ineligible that has ever received money for high school (the players who attend Oak Hill Academy are given $22,000 worth of scholarships per year to attend there) or any other kind of money. If the NCAA was consistent, they would have declared Maggette ineligible, John Wall ineligible, Josh Selby ineligible, and Renardo Sidney ineligible. What they are doing here is obviously showing their favoritism first hand.
Its a very simple answer to a lot of complex questions and scenarios. The NCAA flat out picks and chooses who it wants to help. At a program like Kentucky, which has had a shady past, you can pretty well expect to get treated like a red-headed stepchild. Like I said earlier, if Kanter was enrolled just about anywhere else, he'd be eligible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BCF4L Wrote:In case you haven't had the chance, please take time to read this article:

Wow that sucks even worse.
So the NCAA really has that power?
My question is why did this crap about 20k for school and 13k sitting in a bank account just now surface?
Would this have ever came out if he would have been ruled eligible?
zaga_fan Wrote:My question is why did this crap about 20k for school and 13k sitting in a bank account just now surface?

Yes, because if they would have accepted it(the 13k) I believe he would have then been eligible.. And the media would have known about it as well.
zaga_fan Wrote:My question is why did this crap about 20k for school and 13k sitting in a bank account just now surface?
It's obvious that the amount was going to come out. If you recall, Pete Thamel at the NY Times started throwing out hundreds of thousands of dollars that was given to Kanter and his family. Obviously that was a fabrication and national reporters are going to dig around just to see how close Thamel was to the amount. As you can see, he wasn't even remotely close.
Well we are not the only team that got a lashing from the NCAA..
North Carolina is getting bashed right now on ESPN.. Looks like they lost 6 players..
Gonna be another long year for the heels hahaha..
^Their ranking won't last long
^I agree.
Stardust Wrote:Great post Jarons :Thumbs:

Of coarse Jarons is smart. He's an EKU grad/fan. We're the smart people on here :biggrin:
king360 Wrote:http://http://www.wkyt.com/home/headline...28533.html

Looks like our National Title hopes are on hold.

At least there will be not be another Probation banner hanging from Rupp's rafters.
Westside Wrote:Of coarse Jarons is smart. He's an EKU grad/fan. We're the smart people on here :biggrin:

Yeah, but is graduating from EKU something I would admit:biggrin: