•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article in ANE confirms KHSAA Pike Central Investigation
HawksRule Wrote:Pick on Pike Central all you want, but this kind of stuff is going on everywhere in Eastern Kentucky. People move and switch schools every day.

BINGO!!! Out of site = out of mind in the hills. But seems the information superhighway has roads in EKY as well.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:In response to this post: If a change is needed then it is needed. As to any changes with this coach (PC) only time will tell if it would have been viable. The Paintsville Admin. stands to look badly either way.

After I read the Chapman wanting the paintsville job posts, I've asked people around town and no one has ever known anything about it. There probably isn't any truth to that. Im just trying to figure out what kind of point paintsville tiger fan is trying to make.... I see what he means that it could have been a mistake, but looking at the way that things are going he makes no sense.
:popcorn:

Ya'll play nice...
From a Russell stand point this
sucks.

Injunctions... Already ruled ineligible....... It sounds like it's already been ruled on and PCC is screwed and they did it to themselves.

If they are ineligible they shouldn't play. If they do or don't, either way it takes away from the game and the kids from both teams that have nothing to do with any of this mess.
HawksRule Wrote:Anyone smell a counter lawsuit? Invasion of privacy of minors and stalking minors and, yes the unsub has lived in Pike County. He lived on Raccoon before it flooded.

It isn't stalking if they are publicly putting it on their facebook for all of the world to see. Also, the last time I checked, a park and ride is a public place, so if you are there at the same time that the parents pull in to drop off their kids to be picked up by the football coach then that too is legal. Maybe they should have been a little more discreet in their chosen locations.
I can honestly say that I hate that this happened to the KIDS!!! I mean, I'm sure that it was the adults who encouraged this and talked these kids into whatever "agreement" was made for them to come to Pike Central to play football. Evidently, the adults in this situation didn't care one iota about what may happen to the KIDS if/when they were caught cheating. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that kids usually can't keep secrets very well and they aren't going to think twice about posting comments on facebook walls or that a coach meeting parents at a park and ride in Prestonsburg every morning to pick up the kids would go unnoticed.

I can also honestly say that I have absolutely NO RESPECT for Chapman or his assistant coach Mike Smith. I was a witness to Smith's cheering for an injured Belfry player. Low Class at it's finest!

I also have a question...If I read the paper correctly, it stated that the Affidavits were from some people from Floyd County..so how are these people supposed to be "disgruntled parents whose son lost their position to the recruited/shipped-in players"? Last time I checked, Pike Central was in Pike County.
This makes me so mad!! PCC you should be ashamed to let these kids play. Doesnt make sense. Shouldnt KHSAA ruling be final? I hate cheaters!
WHO didnt know this...**** i knew it and i havent watched or heard anything about pike co this year, but i knew that it was going on
Pirate Pal Wrote:I also have a question...If I read the paper correctly, it stated that the Affidavits were from some people from Floyd County..so how are these people supposed to be "disgruntled parents whose son lost their position to the recruited/shipped-in players"? Last time I checked, Pike Central was in Pike County.

I know of a few kids living in the Harold/Betsy Layne area that had their kids attend Pike Central, just because their parents worked in Pike County.

Also, someone mentioned earlier that the backup QB went to a few Prestonsburg practices over the summer to try and get the starting job there, and that didn't work out. So the kid may be from Floyd County. The folks who also reported Pike Central are the same parents of the backup QB... from my understanding.

That's what I've gathered so far.
I honestly could care less who reported it, they should not be vilified whether they be guilty of sour grapes or not. Lets make the real responsible parties the guilty ones here. You have a coach who was obviously in on this as well as parents in on the deception. If you take this kind of risk, knowing you have angered some parents, you need to be prepared to accept the accompanying punishment if you are caught.

Even if these are disgruntled parents, they did their homework, including video evidence and electronic communications that would be hard to rebuff! It is my understanding that the KHSAA did a cursory investigation to start with, and I understand the argument about the kids being previously ruled eligible, however, if new evidence has come to light (and it sounds like it has), they should absolutely have the right to re-investigate. Maybe if they went back and re-investigated other cases randomly without having a complaint filed, we would have less of this nonsense going on state wide!
I actually seen the emails circulated and that were sent to the KHSAA and in my opinion it is pretty concrete evidence. Pictures, videotapes, Facebook pages, legal affidavits, were all included. Someone did some hardcore investigating and put alot of time and effort in getting this stuff.

To all you future high school football players out there:
Play football where you are SUPPOSED to play football and if you don't like it there or your school doesn't have football, then MOVE somewhere else so you can be LEGAL to play.

As far as the school administration and coaches, they should be ashamed. This isn't the way to build a program.

I don't blame the parents for being mad either. If I had a son the I watched play little league and junior high, only to get to high school and be replaced by kids that the coach recruited, I would feel obligated to at least try to do something about it too.
VoR_58 Wrote:I actually seen the emails circulated and that were sent to the KHSAA and in my opinion it is pretty concrete evidence. Pictures, videotapes, Facebook pages, legal affidavits, were all included. Someone did some hardcore investigating and put alot of time and effort in getting this stuff.

Play football where you are SUPPOSED to play football and if you don't like it there or your school doesn't have football, then MOVE somewhere else so you can be LEGAL to play.

As far as the school administration and coaches, they should be ashamed. This isn't the way to build a program.

I don't blame the parents for being mad either. If I had a son the I watched play little league and junior high, only to get to high school and be replaced by kids that the coach recruited, I would feel obligated to at least try to do something about it too.

Nice post.... couldn't agree more.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I know of a few kids living in the Harold/Betsy Layne area that had their kids attend Pike Central, just because their parents worked in Pike County.

Also, someone mentioned earlier that the backup QB went to a few Prestonsburg practices over the summer to try and get the starting job there, and that didn't work out. So the kid may be from Floyd County. The folks who also reported Pike Central are the same parents of the backup QB... from my understanding.

That's what I've gathered so far.

Thanks for the clarification. I just hope no one blames the kid or his parents for the complaint. What they did was totally justified, if the allegations are true.
The Shouse kid had an legit move. His parents split so he moved in with his mom in pikeville. (from what ive heard) The Boggs kid i know he lives in wolfe county.
Cant wait to find out the ruling on this one... If there is so much evidence how could the parties involved think they could get away with it? It's a fact that Belfry has players from WV, but most of them have played there since the first day of their freshman year (which is legal according to KHSAA) but WV is also 10 miles (or so) away from Belfry.... Hazel Green is over an hour away from Pikeville... Not very smart in my book... The old saying goes "it's only cheating if u get caught" and it looks like PCC got caught with their pants down on this one.
Red and Black Wrote:Cant wait to find out the ruling on this one... If there is so much evidence how could the parties involved think they could get away with it? It's a fact that Belfry has players from WV, but most of them have played there since the first day of their freshman year (which is legal according to KHSAA) but WV is also 10 miles (or so) away from Belfry.... Hazel Green is over an hour away from Pikeville... Not very smart in my book... The old saying goes "it's only cheating if u get caught" and it looks like PCC got caught with their pants down on this one.

FYI... WV is less than 2 or 3 miles from Belfry High School.
Belfry has also seen an influx in a few more WV students in the past couple years due to the fact that Williamson, Burch, Matewan and such are closing due to consolidation. Students in Williamson do not want to travel 45 min or more to school when they can be 5 min from their school. This does not apply just to football, the majority are there just because its closer.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Belfry has also seen an influx in a few more WV students in the past couple years due to the fact that Williamson, Burch, Matewan and such are closing due to consolidation. Students in Williamson do not want to travel 45 min or more to school when they can be 5 min from their school. This does not apply just to football, the majority are there just because its closer.

On a logical note for the families, that makes sense.

However are they changing residence into KY? Is tuition charged high enough to cover their expenses?

I would have a problem if out of state students went to my local school system without some compensation because KY tax dollars should not be paying for the education of WV residents. :dontthink
BlackcatAlum Wrote:FYI... WV is less than 2 or 3 miles from Belfry High School.

I knew that, I just didnt think before i posted that one :ChairHit:.... Still, that only further illustrates my point... Shouldn't a player from WV who lives 5 miles away from Belfry be allowed to become eligible whereas a player from, say, a player from Betsy Layne driving 15 miles to play at Pburg? Should distance factor in more than county/state lines?
Hatz Wrote:On a logical note for the families, that makes sense.

However are they changing residence into KY? Is tuition charged high enough to cover their expenses?

I would have a problem if out of state students went to my local school system without some compensation because KY tax dollars should not be paying for the education of WV residents. :dontthink

Very good point, Hatz... Tax dollars are a precious commodity in KY these days
Red and Black Wrote:Very good point, Hatz... Tax dollars are a precious commodity in KY these days

Tax dollars are a precious commodity anywhere these days. :Thumbs:

Great point... totally agree!

Red and Black Wrote:I knew that, I just didnt think before i posted that one :ChairHit:.... Still, that only further illustrates my point... Shouldn't a player from WV who lives 5 miles away from Belfry be allowed to become eligible whereas a player from, say, a player from Betsy Layne driving 15 miles to play at Pburg? Should distance factor in more than county/state lines?

I don't think a kid living in another state should be allowed to goto our schools here in Kentucky. Like Hatz mentioned, unless these kids are paying a tuition fee, they shouldn't be allowed to goto our schools that we (Kentuckians) pay taxes for.

Kids crossing county lines or whatnot that want to attend a school outside of the zone should be attending isn't a problem unless they transfer because of sports only. I know of kids that lived in Paintsville, Pikeville, Betsy Layne, Wheelwright, Salyersville, etc that went to Prestonsburg and didn't play sports. That's because most of them had been going to Pburg or Allen since they were in elementary school.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Great point... totally agree!

I don't think a kid living in another state should be allowed to goto our schools here in Kentucky. Like Hatz mentioned, unless these kids are paying a tuition fee, they shouldn't be allowed to goto our schools that we (Kentuckians) pay taxes for.

Kids crossing county lines or whatnot that want to attend a school outside of the zone should be attending isn't a problem unless they transfer because of sports only. I know of kids that lived in Paintsville, Pikeville, Betsy Layne, Wheelwright, Salyersville, etc that went to Prestonsburg and didn't play sports. That's because most of them had been going to Pburg or Allen since they were in elementary school.

My understanding of this (as limited as it is....) is that actually ANY child can attend ANY school they and the family choose. HOWEVER...you can't expect the chosen school's system to provide transportation if you live outside their transportation boundaries.

For example: any child in Floyd county could choose to attend, say, Greenup County HS, and play sports there. Just don't expect the Greenup County School System to send a bus to Floyd county to pick the child up every day. The child would also be responsible for their own transportation to and from practice, games, etc. (This is where PCC is going to get in trouble, from what I am reading...). The tax implications are where it gets interesting...technically, if the parents are paying county taxes that help fund the educational systems of their home county, the child SHOULD attend there. With educational budgets so tight right now, having a massive influx of students from outside the county makes it even tighter because their parents aren't paying into the tax coffers of that county.

Alot of this confusion could be avoided, as stated before, if the families would either move their primary residence to the county where they want their children to play sports, or simply keep the child in their home county...

Certain fans forget that kids can pay tuition...glad you brought that up

For the heat and rumors Belfry has had from being the "Mingo County All-Stars", people are very quick to forget a kid can live in WV if their family is willing to pay to go to school across the state line without having to change residence.

The majority of WV kids who transfer to Belfry do so before their Freshman year
VoR_58 Wrote:I actually seen the emails circulated and that were sent to the KHSAA and in my opinion it is pretty concrete evidence. Pictures, videotapes, Facebook pages, legal affidavits, were all included. Someone did some hardcore investigating and put alot of time and effort in getting this stuff.

Amen to that.... good post.
cat86 Wrote:My understanding of this (as limited as it is....) is that actually ANY child can attend ANY school they and the family choose. HOWEVER...you can't expect the chosen school's system to provide transportation if you live outside their transportation boundaries.

For example: any child in Floyd county could choose to attend, say, Greenup County HS, and play sports there. Just don't expect the Greenup County School System to send a bus to Floyd county to pick the child up every day. The child would also be responsible for their own transportation to and from practice, games, etc. (This is where PCC is going to get in trouble, from what I am reading...). The tax implications are where it gets interesting...technically, if the parents are paying county taxes that help fund the educational systems of their home county, the child SHOULD attend there. With educational budgets so tight right now, having a massive influx of students from outside the county makes it even tighter because their parents aren't paying into the tax coffers of that county.

Alot of this confusion could be avoided, as stated before, if the families would either move their primary residence to the county where they want their children to play sports, or simply keep the child in their home county...

I don't know much about what the rules actually state. But I have heard this before. And also that if a student plays so many varsity minutes pre-transfer then said student must sit out for so long at new school. Or something like that.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
IMO, so what if it was the backup QB's parents who reported this. How is it fair to this kid who has played there his entire career (i assume) to finally get to the point of his career to get his shot at his position for it to only be taken from him by dishonesty. Parents will look out for there kids you know. If all this turns out to be true its hard to blame them for doing what they did. The backup QB isnt so bad himself. I would have given him a chance before i would have done something illegal that is going to effect players who where not even involved.
Good luck to ya PCC, but if you want the respect you have been trying to get all season, do it legally & you will earn it. If this comes out to be legit you will just have set yourselves back several years.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:IMO, so what if it was the backup QB's parents who reported this. How is it fair to this kid who has played there his entire career (i assume) to finally get to the point of his career to get his shot at his position for it to only be taken from him by dishonesty. Parents will look out for there kids you know. If all this turns out to be true its hard to blame them for doing what they did. The backup QB isnt so bad himself. I would have given him a chance before i would have done something illegal that is going to effect players who where not even involved.
Good luck to ya PCC, but if you want the respect you have been trying to get all season, do it legally & you will earn it. If this comes out to be legit you will just have set yourselves back several years.
Confusedhh:

To certain posters your arguement has no validity. The reason Belfry was going to "no longer be the King of Pike County" was because they weren't playing the kids who grew up in the Belfry school system and the parents were becoming angry,,, and that PCdidn't have to worry about anything like that.

Nothing like that was going to happen at PC...NOTHING :eyeroll:
LOL Mayfield boosters have bragged about the school just lassoing two players from Arkansas who suited up for the first time last Friday. This activity occurs everywhere masked only by varying degrees of successful cloaking and masquerading. Fort Campbell has leave from the KHSAA to bring in same season "transfers" from all over the country without a waiting period when other schools cannot. The bottom line is that the playing field is never level, it just looks that way.
my opinion, i think that the players should be ineligable, but let the ones who are eligable play... sure none of these wins should count but, we need a game.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next