Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
23.33%
Pike County Central
76.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central @ Russell 11/5
Super-Card Wrote:It is easy to say that, but what about doing what is right. Someone at Pike County Central in an administration position should stand up and say they were wrong and try to make it right. This goes a lot deeper than high school athletics. This is about teaching kids how to act and how to handle adversity when things don't go your way. The biggest part of being a coach at the high school level is about shaping young men into the grown men they will become. Wins and losses are a small portion of what really matters.

Yeah, but didn't these boys bust their tails off all off-season to get to where they are today? The kids have deserved it, not the adults involved in the entire situation.

JMO, I could care less either way, but I know if I were one of the boys ruled ineligible, I'd want to play because I've earned that right before and during the season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Yeah, but didn't these boys bust their tails off all off-season to get to where they are today? The kids have deserved it, not the adults involved in the entire situation.

JMO, I could care less either way, but I know if I were one of the boys ruled ineligible, I'd want to play because I've earned that right before and during the season.

You make a valid point, but at the expense of the Russell kids who have also busted their tails all off season to get where they are and have also followed the rules? It is a bad situation for Pike Central, but an even worse situation for any other team they play IMO.
Super-Card Wrote:You make a valid point, but at the expense of the Russell kids who have also busted their tails all off season to get where they are and have also followed the rules? It is a bad situation for Pike Central, but an even worse situation for any other team they play IMO.

Point taken as well.

But it's not like Pike Central is cheating. They are playing kids that were recruited.
well either way PCC knew the rules!!!

but i dont know awhole lot about the KHSAA and the recruit stuff but i do know if PCC beats russel, they will not get past week 2.
PCC is awesome but who have they beat besides pburg and SC?
runningbeck81 Wrote:well either way PCC knew the rules!!!

but i dont know awhole lot about the KHSAA and the recruit stuff but i do know if PCC beats russel, they will not get past week 2.
PCC is awesome but who have they beat besides pburg and SC?

Contradiction in your statement here.... so there is no way for PC to advance past a team they beat just 2 weeks ago?
Dropping by to wish some luck to my friends in red devil country lets all represent the area well this weekend
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Point taken as well.

But it's not like Pike Central is cheating. They are playing kids that were recruited.

Are you insane? Of course they were cheating and by previous posts people within PCC system admitted they knew it. The coaches and team are Pike Central.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Dropping by to wish some luck to my friends in red devil country lets all represent the area well this weekend

Good luck to the kitty cats on Saturday as well.
so is PCC players ( the one,ones, in question,playing?)
Super-Card Wrote:It is easy to say that, but what about doing what is right. Someone at Pike County Central in an administration position should stand up and say they were wrong and try to make it right. This goes a lot deeper than high school athletics. This is about teaching kids how to act and how to handle adversity when things don't go your way. The biggest part of being a coach at the high school level is about shaping young men into the grown men they will become. Wins and losses are a small portion of what really matters.
Just for the record I never said playing the two was the right thing to do. It is not!

But it is the easy thing to do because they really have nothing to lose. If all the khsaa is going to do is take away the wins on paper after the fact then that is probably not enough to stop them from playing considering everything they have pulled to get to this point. Why stop now?
FBALL Wrote:Just for the record I never said playing the two was the right thing to do. It is not!

But it is the easy thing to do because they really have nothing to lose. If all the khsaa is going to do is take away the wins on paper after the fact then that is probably not enough to stop them from playing considering everything they have pulled to get to this point. Why stop now?

I'm curious if there will be any fines implemented or any probationary periods for the administration/extra curricular activity involved? Does KHSAA do that type of stuff or do they just (as you mentioned) take the wins away on paper?

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I thought Russell and Pike County Central had a game. I thought we were not to talk about rumors. GET BACK TOPIC!!!!
Pcc
pitchfork Wrote:I thought Russell and Pike County Central had a game. I thought we were not to talk about rumors. GET BACK TOPIC!!!!

There is no rumor involved... PC is being investigated, it has been confirmed by a viable source, and it directly focuses on the eligibility of their best offensive and defensive players. Whether they are able to play in this game plays a major impact in what the outcome will be as both players are having All-State type of seasons.

PC has a major decision to make.

I stated in the other thread that I don't see the KHSAA making a ruling until after the playoffs. It is much easier to vacate wins and championships retroactively then it is to give a "free pass" to the next round for a team who loses on the field.

I think at this point PC has to play the kids and play as if the ruling isn't going to matter.
Funny how most of the **** stirring is coming from black cat fans hoping that the home loss they suffered to end a 21 game home win streak on SENIOR night will be overturned. Over and over posts keep saying its not about wins and losses that is if you were were on the losing. E. Ky is funny. People aroind here have a long memory and what ever happens they remember who won that night on the field and really last time I checked I think that's where the games are played not in the paper ,not on facebook and not behind some closed door at KHSAA.
Boggs and the boys take care of buisness. All the hype adds fuel to the fire hawks start put slow but come on strong in 2nd qtr. Hawks win 38-13
phs1986 Wrote:I'm curious if there will be any fines implemented or any probationary periods for the administration/extra curricular activity involved? Does KHSAA do that type of stuff or do they just (as you mentioned) take the wins away on paper?

I would say there will be fines and probations and some resignations as well. Playing or not playing the accused will probably not change that.
He said , She said, They said. They is the biggest liar out there. Why has this not been settled before the season and taken of before the first snap???????
cecokley Wrote:Funny how most of the **** stirring is coming from black cat fans hoping that the home loss they suffered to end a 21 game home win streak on SENIOR night will be overturned. Over and over posts keep saying its not about wins and losses that is if you were were on the losing. E. Ky is funny. People aroind here have a long memory and what ever happens they remember who won that night on the field and really last time I checked I think that's where the games are played not in the paper ,not on facebook and not behind some closed door at KHSAA.

Last time I checked you played with the players you have not the ones you could get to come from other schools. I think the kids of Pike Co are great athletes and students. They are all you should need to depend on to win games. I think what the Coach has done is a slap in the face to the people of Pike Co. Just because they perceive another school of doing similar things does not make it ok for them to do it.
pitchfork Wrote:He said , She said, They said. They is the biggest liar out there. Why has this not been settled before the season and taken of before the first snap???????

Well it wasnt settled before the season because there was zero evidence to back up the accusations. Therefore, there would have been nothing done about it just on someones word. Throughout the season pictures were taken, videos were filmed, legal affadavits were filed, and facebook pages were printed by someone showing evidence that players lived in a county that wasnt Pike and were being picked up on the Mountain Parkway, (Lee City exit to be exact) and brought to Pike Central high school by the coach himself who also lives down that way towards Breathitt County. This was all captured during the regular season.

Ohh, and as far as the game goes, I'm going to take Russell in a close one. 24-22.
Matman Wrote:Last time I checked you played with the players you have not the ones you could get to come from other schools. I think the kids of Pike Co are great athletes and students. They are all you should need to depend on to win games. I think what the Coach has done is a slap in the face to the people of Pike Co. Just because they perceive another school of doing similar things does not make it ok for them to do it.

NOT just the coach! There are several "higher ups" that hired him, supported him in what was going on, and actually condoned it!

I will state again that I do hate it for the young men. I know I have a child about these young men's age and what I say goes, not what he says. Until he pays the bills in his own household, he's not the boss and won't be making any decision that will affect his future. If I'm wrong about what I choose, then we will go thru it together! Granted, parents aren't perfect but we do all think we are making the right decisions for our children. This evidently was not thought through thoroughly or either they got "too comfortable" with the situtation and felt like they could do what they wished to do and not what they "needed" to do in order to remain eligible. (which they evidently were ruled at first).....

Good luck to both teams tonight!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
WOW!! I just saw the PCC bus going down US 23 by Louisa @ 2 o'clock today that will be a lot of time to kill before the game even after eating. This might not be a good thing for PCC. Good luck to both teams from the Dawg Family
What has been extremely interesting throughout the 2010 high school football season is the ability of most (notice I said MOST not all) of the Pikeville Panther affiliates on this site to try to downplay or dismiss the success of Pike County Central this year. With no bias to either program, this is easy to see. It isn't surprisingly considering both school's mutual dislike of eachother, however it is interesting. What is more interesting however, is those same Pikeville Panther affiliates on this site that have been right in the middle of the whole Pike Central/KHSAA investigation. It HAS to be noted that Pikeville has ALWAYS (not just in '87,'88 and '89) recruited players from around Pike and surrounding counties. Do you think they won those championships in the lates 80s with their own city boys? No sir. And now that a kid gets displaced because his house on Johns Creek gets washed away, everybody from the city wants to jump on the bandwagon of "Lets root for all those wins the county school 2 miles down the road earned so we don't have to face that our program has been in shambles for years (even though we play Allen Central, Betsy Layne and Phelps every year to squeak into the playoffs) and face that they have a good little program up there now. Please. Pike County Central has a heck of a team and they've earned all those wins. You think they'd be investigated if they were losing? **** no. So how about people who have already been there done that with the recruiting lay off the Pike Central investigation where nothing has even been finalized yet.

Now to business:

Pike County Central 35
Russell 12
cecokley Wrote:Funny how most of the **** stirring is coming from black cat fans hoping that the home loss they suffered to end a 21 game home win streak on SENIOR night will be overturned. Over and over posts keep saying its not about wins and losses that is if you were were on the losing. E. Ky is funny. People aroind here have a long memory and what ever happens they remember who won that night on the field and really last time I checked I think that's where the games are played not in the paper ,not on facebook and not behind some closed door at KHSAA.

I looked back & seen 6 post from Blackcat Fans.... 4 where picking the game in which all 4 picked PCC.... the other 2 was a Blackcat Fan actually makeing a stand for PCC.... We win with pride & legally.... we take our loses & move on... you beat us on the field fair & square congrats & good luck. We will start another streak beginning tonight & as always will be done legit. You want to blame **** stirring on someone you better start at home because that is where it began. PCC brought this on themselves not the Blackcat Fans.:dontthink

And I think it is funny how SOME of the PCC fans are wanting to crucify the kid's family who turned all this in (one of their own, mind you...) and turn a blind eye to the infractions (if true). The whole argument of "the backup QB should have made himself better instead of turning in the (alleged) rulebreakers" is laughable. It is similar to blaming the victim of a robbery for not being strong enough to fight off the robber, and saying to them: "Well, if you were stronger, you could have stopped the robbery. Since you weren't strong enough to do that, we aren't going to prosecute the robber. Tough luck...".
cat86 Wrote:And I think it is funny how SOME of the PCC fans are wanting to crucify the kid's family who turned all this in (one of their own, mind you...) and turn a blind eye to the infractions (if true). The whole argument of "the backup QB should have made himself better instead of turning in the (alleged) rulebreakers" is laughable. It is similar to blaming the victim of a robbery for not being strong enough to fight off the robber, and saying to them: "Well, if you were stronger, you could have stopped the robbery. Since you weren't strong enough to do that, we aren't going to prosecute the robber. Tough luck...".

:Clap::thatsfunn:thanks::Thumbs:
cat86 Wrote:And I think it is funny how SOME of the PCC fans are wanting to crucify the kid's family who turned all this in (one of their own, mind you...) and turn a blind eye to the infractions (if true). The whole argument of "the backup QB should have made himself better instead of turning in the (alleged) rulebreakers" is laughable. It is similar to blaming the victim of a robbery for not being strong enough to fight off the robber, and saying to them: "Well, if you were stronger, you could have stopped the robbery. Since you weren't strong enough to do that, we aren't going to prosecute the robber. Tough luck...".

:Clap::thanks:
Dawg Family Wrote:WOW!! I just saw the PCC bus going down US 23 by Louisa @ 2 o'clock today that will be a lot of time to kill before the game even after eating. This might not be a good thing for PCC. Good luck to both teams from the Dawg Family

Maybe they wanted to get out of Dodge before the KHSAA caught up with them.
Good luck Devils. I think it will be a close one tonight. I just hope we can pull this one out.

:closed: :rockon: