Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
23.33%
Pike County Central
76.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central @ Russell 11/5
Bailey, Huffine and Pierce. What other starters are out?
FBALL Wrote:Bailey, Huffine and Pierce. What other starters are out?

Stevens and Hurn
I know Stevens has started some games but most of that was due to injuries. I just look at it as an opportunity for somebody else to step up.
I would put ironton, ashland, mason and for that matter greenup up against anyone pcc has played!!
Pike Central by 7+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

PC
Despite the traditon of the Russell program, the Hawks win
Picking PCC for the win....Wish people would stop with the rumors and let them enjoy a winning season for once!
Hawks wins by 21. Go Hawks
wise1 Wrote:I would put ironton, ashland, mason and for that matter greenup up against anyone pcc has played!!

I think PCC played Mason last year and if I am not mistaken PCC beat Mason at home. So what are you saying?
PirateFan7799 Wrote:Picking PCC for the win....Wish people would stop with the rumors and let them enjoy a winning season for once!

I agree and if the trash talk pans out to be true, look out. There will be several cans of worms opened that the lid can't be put back on.
oldtimer3 Wrote:I think PCC played Mason last year and if I am not mistaken PCC beat Mason at home. So what are you saying?

they did but barely with there starting qb out, but hey a win is a win...
Tough draw for Russell... PCC may actually be the best 3A team East of I-75 even though they are a 3 seed.

PCC 34
Russell 20
I'll take Pike Central by 2 tds.
Pike central wins this one if they go into the game focusing on the Red Devils but if they go into this game thinking about week 2 at the rock well, lets just say they wont be no Hawks in attendence at the rock in week 2.. but Pike Central is the better team so they should be fine in Russell this week..
Good Luck Hawks!!! Looking for the Defense to hold them to a scoreless night.
rj99 Wrote:Why would he have to get an injunction after he has played all year.It is funny the khsaa has waited this long before any judgement and all of a sudden this is coming out,ridiculous.I guess these news channels are starting RUMORS also,silly .
Granted WYMT has reported some bogus stuff in the past. But Im sure Brian Milam wouldnt have said it on the air if he didnt have a credible source. As for why the KHSAA has waited so long is, for some reason, this is when they announce findings in an investigation on a school, player, coach, etc. When LexCath got busted a few years back they announced maybe 2 weeks at the most after LexCath had won the 3a state title that they had been caught for numerous infractions. Same thing with Lexington Christian in '07. Shortly after theyd finished state runner up in 1a. The findings of their investigation were announced and LCA got the smack down. Why the KHSAA does this is beyond me??? But if PC did indeed do anything wrong and the KHSAA were indeed investigating them. It WILL come to light shortly after the season is over.
As for the game.
Russell-35
Hawks-28
too many off the field distractions for the Hawks will take their toll.
I'd like to see Russell put a complete game together for once this season. The offense has played well at times and then gone stagnant. The defense at times has been good and at other times horrible.

The closest they have come to this has probably been the Ironton and Mason County games. The Ashland and Raceland games they were just horrible. I'd like to pick Russell to win but I can't. Too inconsistant! But it also wouldn't suprise me if they won.
monster_energy Wrote:Pike central wins this one if they go into the game focusing on the Red Devils but if they go into this game thinking about week 2 at the rock well, lets just say they wont be no Hawks in attendence at the rock in week 2.. but Pike Central is the better team so they should be fine in Russell this week..

Trust me, the Hawks are not overlooking anyone. I wouldn't question thier game prep. They put as much energy and planning into getting ready for a P-burg game that meant nothing (in terms of the post season), as they did for Belfry. I can promise you PC will be ready for this one. And then, Lord willing, be ready for SC at the Plastic Rock.

Now, PC has proven that they can/will score about 30 pts...ON GOOD TEAMS. Can Russell score more than 30, I doubt it against a Hawk defense that has been playing with a ton of guts and aggression. Are they gonna beat up on PC's defensive line and linebackers... NO they may be the most underrated group in the area. Are they going to make the PC secondary look suspect doing things that they havn't all year..NO.

I look for the Hawks to make a statement in this one.

PC 42
Russell 20
I'm Taking Central By 2Td's...Should be a good game tho..
PC by 10
Pike County Central rolls by Russell!
4real Wrote:I agree with Fball, Russell has played very good teams such as Ironton and Ashland. If we play like we did against Ironton and Mason, Russell has a real good shot of winning this game. I hope Russell can keep these teams on thier schedule.
Did RUSSELL win these games,I'm just trying to find out about RUSSELL.I seen alittle on RUSSELL but not alot.Is RUSSELL really good on D.What kind of off. do they run.
I' m a HAWK #1 fan I'm making the trip to RUSSELL.I haven't missed a HAWK game in 2 years.We have a better team than people thinks.I think our D is awesome to watch.IMHO I believe the HAWKS will go deep in the playoffs,if they play like their capable of.I seen these kids play even in grradeschool.GOOD LUCK TO ALL AREA TEAMS STAY INJURY FREE.
You must of done a lot of traveling.
Pike Central by as many as they would like.Go Justin Runyon and Channing Smith.....and yes, Coach Mike ..too.
does anyone know what district Russell is in?
Russell is in district 7
Wish the best of luck to the Pike Central Defensive line and linebackers...On a great night they can't be stopped...Let's go all the way to state.
Russell runs the wing-t offense, they are capable of beating anybody but the problem is they are VERY inconsistant, both on offense and defense. They have the team that can run it down your throat but mistakes and with injuries have hampered them all year long. Same on defense, they can match up good at times with people and then they just sometimes act like they have no clue of where they are or what they are doing. It's just really inconsistant.