Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice Update...
The King Wrote:One thing Elisha has always done is constantly improve areas of his game. There was a time he was basically a ballhandler only. Every year he improved or added things to his game to make himself a better player. He improved his outside shot, added a terrific crossover-to-mid range jumper, and added strength allowed him to take contact and still finish around the basket. Watching him play at Louisville is similar to watching him early in his career at SV. He probably won't put up alot of points this year, but he can still make a big difference in a game with his other abilities.

It was so strange the other night against Butler to watch Elisha at the end of the game dribbling around to run down the clock. It reminded me so much of watching him at Dorton as a little 4th grader dribbling out the clock as the game would wind down. It amazes me to think that the same little kid I watched back then was playing on ESPN at a major D1 school against the previous year's national runner-up and he was a big part of why Louisville won. He may never put up big numbers at Louisville or become a starter, but he has made the little community of Dorton and I'm sure many others from the mountains proud already...

:Thumbs:
Great post!!
Well put.
update: here is an article i just recently found about EJ

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/ba...thru.0969/
^ Pretty nice
Here is a pic that was just posted on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/ncb/photos?gameId=303...oId=968705
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Justice had 11mins, 4pts, 1 ast. in the 62-45 win over Jackson St. tonight.
Game #2: In a 62-45 win against Jackson State Elisha play 11 minutes. He scored 4 points going 1-2 from the field, 0-1 from three, and 2-2 from the line. He had 1 assist and 1 turnover.

Here is a nice audio link of Elisha (if it works) from Louisville's website...

http://www.uoflsports.com/allaccess/inde...dia=212752
Surprised Elisha only got 11 minutes, figured it would've been more against a lesser opponent.

Maybe they had to get Siva's averages up.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Surprised Elisha only got 11 minutes, figured it would've been more against a lesser opponent.

I think that is more in line with what he will see in most games. Some of the minutes in the first game were due to Siva's foul trouble...
The King Wrote:I think that is more in line with what he will see in most games. Some of the minutes in the first game were due to Siva's foul trouble...

I agree, I don 't think anyone expects him to start this year, and 11 minutes sounds about right for a backup. If Siva lands himself on the bench some games either by poor play or foul trouble, so much the better.

I think anyone who is a fan of Elisha would be very happy if he averaged 11 minutes/game, as a freshman at a major D1 school in the Big East conference.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Justice played more mins tonight, in the 106-65 win over Chattanooga. EJ got 20mins, 2 points, 6 assist, and 1 rebound, shooting 1-6 from the field.
Here are a couple of quotes from the post game press conference:

Chattanooga Head Coach John Shulman
(Opening Statement)
"They looked tonight like they did against Butler, they defended. I won't give credit to (Peyton) Siva and (Preston) Knowles, but when you've got Elisha Justice coming in, you know everybody feeds off him. They guard. They guarded and made life pretty uncomfortable for us offensively. We can't simulate that kind of pressure in practice. We are coming off a great win at Marshall, but we can't simulate that kind of pressure. So defensively, they were phenomenal."

Louisville HeadCoach Rick Pitino
(On coming out with a stronger defense in the second half)
We talked about coming out and making sure we did not slow the pace down. We played excellent defense the whole night. We got after them, pressured them. All those steals we made were because of the pressure we were applying to the basketball. Both Peyton [Siva] and Bullet [Elisha Justice] did a terrific job of trying to wear out a very good point guard [Keegan Bell] who has an outstanding range. He [Bell] transferred from Vanderbilt. Our guys did a terrific job tonight, we're getting better. As I said, we're taking baby steps every single day in practice, but the best part about coaching these guys is their attitude. They're a lot of fun to coach.
Tough night shooting from the floor. But, EJ contributed in other ways tonight!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
We all should be backing The Bullet!!!
In an 80-66 victory over Marshall today, Elisha played 26 minutes, had 10 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 turnover. He was 3-7 from the field (1-3 from the three point line) and 3-4 from the free throw line. Good game Elisha!
Yeah, I hope Siva gets in foul trouble early when they play UK so Elisha can get alot of playing time against us. That'd be cool to watch.
Here is a quote from the post game press conference:

Louisville Head Coach Rick Pitino
(On Elisha Justice)
"He played a lot of minutes because Siva was in foul trouble. He played very well and he has a lot of moxy for a freshman. He does a very good job. I have never seen a player in this modern age dribble like that. You feel like you are watching a Bob Cousy throwback. In terms of his hand on top of the ball and dribbling correctly. He is an old school guard who does a lot of good things with the exception of not switching on that play late in the game. He has a lot of moxy for a freshman."
Keep it up EJ!
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah, I hope Siva gets in foul trouble early when they play UK so Elisha can get alot of playing time against us. That'd be cool to watch.

That would be awesome. Knight Vs. Elisha.

:popcorn:
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The kid just keeps silencing his critics. Way to go EJ!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
In a 92-55 win over Florida International, Elisha played 16 minutes putting up 12 points, 2 rebounds, and 1 turnover. He was 4-5 from the field, 3-4 from 3, and 1-4 from the line.
Good game tonight EJ. I looked before the season is over for him to be in the starting line- up
The King Wrote:In a 92-55 win over Florida International, Elisha played 16 minutes putting up 12 points, 2 rebounds, and 1 turnover. He was 4-5 from the field, 3-4 from 3, and 1-4 from the line.

Looks like EJ has played well in the last couple of games. I'm glad to see that things are working out and we are all very proud of you. I would bet that if you told EJ that he would get the playing time he's getting now that he would take it and run. I hope that he has changed the minds of some of the haters he had while in HS, because there was quite a few that didn't think he would get off the pine at UofL(or that he couldn't play D1) IMO there were alot that just flat out underestimated him. It goes to show that hard work will pay off and I don't know of anyone that has worked harder at making one of their dreams come true. Keep up the hard work EJ !!!! :Thumbs::Clap:
I am VERY much enjoying this...lol!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
In a 97-70 win over South Alabama Elisha played 15 minutes, putting up 1 point, 4 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal, and 0 turnovers. He was 0-2 from the field, 0-1 from 3, and 1-2 from the line...
Keep working EJ!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
I love it, a lot of people said he wouldn't even see the floor unless they were up big, but wow has he proved all of them wrong......keep working hard E.J !!!!:Thumbs:
In a 61-35 win over San Francisco Elisha played 12 minutes, putting up 1 rebound and 1 steal. He was 0-2 from the field, 0-2 from 3, and 0-1 from the line. Louisville moves to 7-0 on the season...
This is a nice. Hopefully he can get to the point that he can contribute like another local fella in Preston Knowles. It's good to see the Kentucky boys getting the opportunity to participate at such a high level.
Stardust Wrote:Hopefully he can get to the point that he can contribute like another local fella in Preston Knowles.

Elisha is completely playing within himself right now... which is not a bad thing. He appears a little hesitant to take shots, but is doing well in other areas. I think once he gets more comfortable you will see him be more aggressive on the court. I just hope he continues to get the minutes he has been getting now that Russ Smith is back...