Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality Check--Now, Is Chad Johnson a PUNK?
Chad Johnson is the best player on the team, and IMO I think he needs at least 7-10 catches a game for them to have a good chance of winning games. Plus he is fun to watch.
"bballjunky" Wrote:Chad Johnson is the best player on the team, and IMO I think he needs at least 7-10 catches a game for them to have a good chance of winning games. Plus he is fun to watch.

I can't say that I disagree with you--but I still think that he is a PUNK with a capital P.
would you want some one like chad johnson on your football team?

if you were the coach?

if you were another player?

what you accept behavior like his on a college team? high school team? pee wee?

if you said no to any of these questions why are you as a fan letting him get away with it.
as a team the prestonsburg blackcats usually go to a lexington horsemen game every year an last year he was there an some people asked him for an autograph an he said he wasn't chad johnson an he gave one to some people. we where in a bus so we parked out back an when we left their was a yellow lambo there an the top was down an it had cj with his # stitched into the floor mats
"Blackcat75" Wrote:as a team the prestonsburg blackcats usually go to a lexington horsemen game every year an last year he was there an some people asked him for an autograph an he said he wasn't chad johnson an he gave one to some people. we where in a bus so we parked out back an when we left their was a yellow lambo there an the top was down an it had cj with his # stitched into the floor mats

I had the same situation with Pickens a few years back. He was a real butt, but I guess you get it from every direction when you have a famous name.

Sad
Well he shoulded have played in the playoff game he was tailgating and drinking beer i got a picture of it on my cell phone
"ROETHLISBERGER" Wrote:Well he shoulded have played in the playoff game he was tailgating and drinking beer i got a picture of it on my cell phone

I am sure that it was all show! Did he appear drunk? I can tell by your name that you would wish that he would be suspended every Steelers game.

:please:
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:I am sure that it was all show! Did he appear drunk? I can tell by your name that you would wish that he would be suspended every Steelers game.

#7 isn't the only one with a picture of it... whats worse doing it or acting like you are doing it
:please:

I think it is better that he is acting and not breaking the law like Henry did with his speeding and weed possession. Is it bad for a player to love the game and the fans? It is very clear that he wasn't out there to get drunk. He was there to be with the fans that he loves and dances for every week! I just don't understand why everyone is looking for something on this guy. He is one of the best players to hit Cincinnati in a long time at his position. I have been a Bengals fan for many years and I have not seen him cross the line yet. Why is it that most fans of other teams see him as a bad guy? 1) they would like to have him on their team. 2) They hate to play him due to the fact that he will get his catches. Has anyone said anything about the New England player that did his action on TV?

:yesno:
I think he is a punk big time
he is the best wide reciever in the nfl right now.......and i love his touchdown celibrations:rules:
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:I think it is better that he is acting and not breaking the law like Henry did with his speeding and weed possession. Is it bad for a player to love the game and the fans? It is very clear that he wasn't out there to get drunk. He was there to be with the fans that he loves and dances for every week! I just don't understand why everyone is looking for something on this guy. He is one of the best players to hit Cincinnati in a long time at his position. I have been a Bengals fan for many years and I have not seen him cross the line yet. Why is it that most fans of other teams see him as a bad guy? 1) they would like to have him on their team. 2) They hate to play him due to the fact that he will get his catches. Has anyone said anything about the New England player that did his action on TV?

:yesno:

No offense, Belfry--but why do you continue to stick up for an obvious trash talking punk?

Even if he was just playing around--don't you think that he could have found something better to do before the biggest game of his career? Don't you think that this move (and the fight thereafter) show his true colors? Or are you going to continue to turn your head at the things that you don't want to believe?

I have seen the picture. And it it more than obvious that, whether he was drinking or not--he wasn't preparing for the game like he should have been. There is no excuse for that.
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:No offense, Belfry--but why do you continue to stick up for an obvious trash talking punk?

Even if he was just playing around--don't you think that he could have found something better to do before the biggest game of his career? Don't you think that this move (and the fight thereafter) show his true colors? Or are you going to continue to turn your head at the things that you don't want to believe?

I have seen the picture. And it it more than obvious that, whether he was drinking or not--he wasn't preparing for the game like he should have been. There is no excuse for that.

I am not offended! I just don't have the same view as most on here that are looking to find something bad on this guy. He loves his fans and does nothing but show that. I guess you don't feel as if he should have thrown all of those great gifts to the fans during the Christmas game. He has brought back the magic needed to take <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urnConfusedchemas-microsoft-com:officeConfusedmarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Cincinnati</st1:place></st1:City> to the next level! I see him as a fans player! Most players wouldn’t even give the fans the time of day in the parking lot. I am not sure that there was ever a fight. Yes, I do agree that he wants the ball every play and is very vocal about it! That doesn’t make him a bad guy. We must remember that TO did his actions for more money. <st1:country-region><st1:place>Chad</st1:place></st1:country-region> has never said that he should be paid more. I will be the first to tell you that <st1:City><st1:place>Cincinnati</st1:place></st1:City> doesn’t need him if he becomes a distraction. I don’t feel as if he is at that level! He is fun for the game and the fans and that is how I see it! There has been no life in Cincinnati Football for so many years and now we appear to have some hope. I refuse to give up on that due to the fact that a guy wants the ball and loves his fans.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urnConfusedchemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>:beer: </o:p>
why do they always try to make recievers that celebrate when they score look bad
no ones trying he is making himself look bad ...
&quot;sf_football&quot; Wrote:why do they always try to make recievers that celebrate when they score look bad

Again--no offense. But did you read any of the thread at all?

This isn't about receivers that celebrate. It is about a receiver that started a fight with his coach because he was too busy posing for pictures BEFORE the game.
&quot;CatDawg&quot; Wrote:I can't believe the team wouldn't issue a statement with his punishment if this really happened. To big of a deal to just sweep under the rug.
I agree
don't forget what the topic of this thread is .... is chad johnson a punk?... not is chad johnson a great receiver ... would anybody mind if their child acted like he does.... i would put my son in check if he were to act like he does on the football field....
&quot;evillive&quot; Wrote:don't forget what the topic of this thread is .... is chad johnson a punk?... not is chad johnson a great receiver ... would anybody mind if their child acted like he does.... i would put my son in check if he were to act like he does on the football field....

I have seen a lot worse in the NFL than him. He hadn’t spit in anyone’s eye yet. Now that is a PUNK! Has he killed someone or something. I haven't seen him do anything that is as bad as you say on the field! Please tell me what you think is so bad.

:Hammer3:
&quot;OU_Bruiser&quot; Wrote:I agree

Seriously guys--how naive are you?

This hurts the Bengals a LOT more than it hurts Chad. Simply because he should have been fired on the spot. But instead--they made a greedy decision. It does not benefit the Bengals in anyway to make this public.
&quot;BelfryJustice&quot; Wrote:I have seen a lot worse in the NFL than him. He hadn’t spit in anyone’s eye yet. Now that is a PUNK! Has he killed someone or something. I haven't seen him do anything that is as bad as you say on the field! Please tell me what you think is so bad.

:Hammer3:

HE THREW A PUNCH AT A COACH!

HE WAS OUT IN THE PARKING LOT SHOWING OFF BEFORE THE BIGGEST GAME OF HIS CAREER.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT IS ACCEPTABLE?

No--on the field (providing that we are not talking about his immature dances) he is pretty solid on the field. But he is selfish and only concerned about Chad.

And if that still isn't good enough--read my first 2 sentences again!
&quot;KentuckyHillBilly5321&quot; Wrote:HE THREW A PUNCH AT A COACH!

HE WAS OUT IN THE PARKING LOT SHOWING OFF BEFORE THE BIGGEST GAME OF HIS CAREER.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT IS ACCEPTABLE?

No--on the field (providing that we are not talking about his immature dances) he is pretty solid on the field. But he is selfish and only concerned about Chad.

And if that still isn't good enough--read my first 2 sentences again!

1). Lewis hasn’t lied to the community that we know of, so why should we think that now? Lewis said it didn’t happen or <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urnConfusedchemas-microsoft-com:officeConfusedmarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Chad</st1:place></st1:country-region> would not have played.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urnConfusedchemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

2). He was out there with the fans. Something most in the NFL wouldn’t do! Most fans are lucky to get the time of day from them. There wasn’t any harm with him being out there. I would come up with a better one than that! Did he break any law or team rule by doing that?

<o:p></o:p>

3). I have said over and over that as a Bengal’s fans I do accept the fact that we have a great receive that loves to play and entertain the folks from Cincinnati.

4). I need to see some better reasons than the ones that have been mentioned.

Confusedleep:
&quot;BelfryJustice&quot; Wrote:1). Lewis hasn’t lied to the community that we know of, so why should we think that now? Lewis said it didn’t happen or <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urnConfusedchemas-microsoft-com:officeConfusedmarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Chad</st1:place></st1:country-region> would not have played.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urnConfusedchemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

2). He was out there with the fans. Something most in the NFL wouldn’t do! Most fans are lucky to get the time of day from them. There wasn’t any harm with him being out there. I would come up with a better one than that! Did he break any law or team rule by doing that?

3). I have said over and over that as a Bengal’s fans I do accept the fact that we have a great receive that loves to play and entertain the folks from Cincinnati.

4). I need to see some better reasons than the ones that have been mentioned.

Confusedleep:

belfry --- if you are or where a coach would you let one of your players "hang out " with his buddies before the game?

all of the coaches that have talked to about the incident and showed my picture too have shook their heads in disgust.....
&quot;evillive&quot; Wrote:belfry --- if you are or where a coach would you let one of your players "hang out " with his buddies before the game?

all of the coaches that have talked to about the incident and showed my picture too have shook their heads in disgust.....

I see the light now! The is so bad that he needs to be banned from the NFL forever! This is the worse thing that could have ever happened. Even the thing in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urnConfusedchemas-microsoft-com:officeConfusedmarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State> doesn't compare to this, nor does the fact that Randy Moss and Henry smoke weed. They are more like role models! They only broke the law and not the hearts of any non <st1:place>Bengal</st1:place>’s fans. I bet that you or any other fan would love to have a player visit a tail gating party that you were a part of. You just need to get something better! Maybe like the guy who missed the Superbowl due to the fact that he was cocained up. I would love to see the picture. Please post it. It has to be bad! Most NFL coaches have seen much worse.

:lmao:

Here is some information that tells about Chad. Please read it all.
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=4723
Here is some information on the main issue of this thread:

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urnConfusedchemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Johnson has denied he had an altercation with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urnConfusedchemas-microsoft-com:officeConfusedmarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Jackson</st1:place></st1:City> at halftime of the Bengals playoff loss to <st1:City><st1:place>Pittsburgh</st1:place></st1:City> and Johnson has been adamant before and since that he has a close relationship with <st1:City><st1:place>Jackson</st1:place></st1:City>. <o:p></o:p>

“<st1:country-region><st1:place>Chad</st1:place></st1:country-region> has never had a problem with <st1:City><st1:place>Hue</st1:place></st1:City>. <st1:country-region><st1:place>Chad</st1:place></st1:country-region> loves him,” said a source close to <st1:City><st1:place>Jackson</st1:place></st1:City>.<SCRIPT> </SCRIPT> <o:p></o:p>

Here is another about the incident:

<o:p> </o:p>

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?sto...p></o:p&gt;
&quot;BelfryJustice&quot; Wrote:I see the light now! The is so bad that he needs to be banned from the NFL forever! This is the worse thing that could have ever happened. Even the thing in <st1Confusedtate><st1:place>Minnesota</st1:place></st1Confusedtate> doesn't compare to this, nor does the fact that Randy Moss and Henry smoke weed. They are more like role models! They only broke the law and not the hearts of any non <st1:place>Bengal</st1:place>’s fans. I bet that you or any other fan would love to have a player visit a tail gating party that you were a part of. You just need to get something better! Maybe like the guy who missed the Superbowl due to the fact that he was cocained up. I would love to see the picture. Please post it. It has to be bad! Most NFL coaches have seen much worse.

Need to get something better? Are you kidding me?

Seriously--how much better do you need. The picture is real (why would I lie about something like that). I have also let you know that I know someone on the inside in regard to this situation who verified that it happened.

If you believe the propoganda that the Bengals and the thug are putting out on this one--I would like to know if you are interested in buying the Brooklyn Bridge or maybe the Golden Gate Bridge. What the heck--how about the White House.

This thread is exactly what is wrong with professional sports today. For whatever reason--people give these jokers a free pass to do whatever they want to do.

Even if he didn't do this (which he did)--he is obviously a self concerned, spoiled baby who belittles his team mates if they don't try to throw the ball into double coverage for him. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that he is a pathetic prima donna.
&quot;KentuckyHillBilly5321&quot; Wrote:Need to get something better? Are you kidding me?

Seriously--how much better do you need. The picture is real (why would I lie about something like that). I have also let you know that I know someone on the inside in regard to this situation who verified that it happened.

If you believe the propoganda that the Bengals and the thug are putting out on this one--I would like to know if you are interested in buying the Brooklyn Bridge or maybe the Golden Gate Bridge. What the heck--how about the White House.

This thread is exactly what is wrong with professional sports today. For whatever reason--people give these jokers a free pass to do whatever they want to do.

Even if he didn't do this (which he did)--he is obviously a self concerned, spoiled baby who belittles his team mates if they don't try to throw the ball into double coverage for him. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that he is a pathetic prima donna.

I disagree.
&quot;BelfryJustice&quot; Wrote:I see the light now! The is so bad that he needs to be banned from the NFL forever! This is the worse thing that could have ever happened. Even the thing in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urnConfusedchemas-microsoft-com:officeConfusedmarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State> doesn't compare to this, nor does the fact that Randy Moss and Henry smoke weed. They are more like role models! They only broke the law and not the hearts of any non <st1:place>Bengal</st1:place>’s fans. I bet that you or any other fan would love to have a player visit a tail gating party that you were a part of. You just need to get something better! Maybe like the guy who missed the Superbowl due to the fact that he was cocained up. I would love to see the picture. Please post it. It has to be bad! Most NFL coaches have seen much worse.

I will read it when you answer my question...
&quot;evillive&quot; Wrote:I will read it when you answer my question...

I would love to have him on my team! He wasn't with buddies! they were fans. Do you really think that he would drink a 12 pack and go play in his first playoff game? This isn't high school or college! I am sure that he was were he needed to be when the time came around. We are talking about an adult. Chad is a great player and has done nothing wrong in my eyes. I could name 100 things that I have seen in the NFL that would be far worse than anything that has been named in this thread. I do know that we have made it back to the playoffs with this guy and Lewis. Something must be right in Cincinnati. I think you guys are way to hard on Chad and need to look at some of the real PUNKS in the NFL. I would like to know if you two have a NFL team? I think Lewis has told the truth and many other have lied! I looked at the site that reported this and it appears to be a very cheesy site. No one but Chad, Lewis and Hue have made any comment about this, and all have said that it didn't happen! Did you get a good deal on the DC property KY. LOL Sorry to hear that some one got you on a bad property deal.

:lmao: :baby:
&quot;BelfryJustice&quot; Wrote:I would love to have him on my team! He wasn't with buddies! they were fans. Do you really think that he would drink a 12 pack and go play in his first playoff game? This isn't high school or college! I am sure that he was were he needed to be when the time came around. We are talking about an adult. Chad is a great player and has done nothing wrong in my eyes. I could name 100 things that I have seen in the NFL that would be far worse than anything that has been named in this thread. I do know that we have made it back to the playoffs with this guy and Lewis. Something must be right in Cincinnati. I think you guys are way to hard on Chad and need to look at some of the real PUNKS in the NFL. I would like to know if you two have a NFL team? I think Lewis has told the truth and many other have lied! I looked at the site that reported this and it appears to be a very cheesy site. No one but Chad, Lewis and Hue have made any comment about this, and all have said that it didn't happen! Did you get a good deal on the DC property KY. LOL Sorry to hear that some one got you on a bad property deal.

:lmao: :baby:
ok i misstated what i wanted to say ... if you were a coach would you have let one of your players out to "hang out" with the fans before one of the biggest games of your career ....?

take it one step further i might even back off a little if chad went to lewis and said i want to go to the parking lot and mingle with the fans... if he did this and lewis said ok then i have a real problem with the coach... but if johnson went there without permission from someone that was in charge then this is a selfish move that shows tha he thinks that he is bigger than the team

i dont like pro football... would rather watch high school and college....

i have a the picture he might not have had a 12 pack in his hand but the miller lite is clearly visable ...