Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality Check--Now, Is Chad Johnson a PUNK?
The talk radio shows in Cincinnati have been reporting that Chad Johnson got into a physical altercation with some of the Cincinnati coaches during halftime of their loss to the Steelers. (One of the coaches was Marvin Lewis).

Also, some key players also "refuse to confirm or deny" these reports.

Chad even had his own news conference to say that this DIDN'T happen. But there are many who believe that it did.

Does this change your attitude about Chad? For me--it confirmed that he is a slimeball who is only interested in him self.

What do you think?
it was reported but the team said it didnt happen so i give him benefit of the doubt...
let him talk its all fun
Actually, the team would not "confirm or deny".

Chad is the one who said it didn't happen.

Seriously--why do you guys keep giving him a free pass? He is heading down the T.O. highway . . . .
I like Chad Johnson he has fun but he doesn't take it to far
I can't believe the team wouldn't issue a statement with his punishment if this really happened. To big of a deal to just sweep under the rug.
Actually, I could definitely see the Bengals sweeping it under the rug.

Think of it like this--if they didn't fire him on the spot--they automatically look REALLY bad. And again--they haven't confirmed it or denied it at this point.

They are probably thinking that this was something that happened in the heat of the moment. And they keep giving him the benefit of the doubt. I am a firm believer that you NIP THESE THINGS IN THE BUD. But they have never done that with this joker.

Like I said, I can't figure out why his history hasn't persuaded more people to see this one differently.
I doubt it, Chad seems to keep his cool....If he melts down, the team melts down and he knows that
what history u talkin about? i dont remember Chad being in any kind of trouble before?
ahhh hes fine
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:what history u talkin about? i dont remember Chad being in any kind of trouble before?

Come on guys! Are you serious?

The only thing that Chad talks about is Chad. He is a complete arrogant, egotistical jerk. He gets in Carson Palmers face because he isn't getting the ball. He showboats--now he throws a punch at his headcoach and his position coach. Are you KIDDING ME!

The Bengals radio guys have it confirm from numerous players that this happened--(but naturally none want go on the record).

Look--the Bengals are not denying that this didn't happen. They just aren't confirming it because they are trying to cover their own asses here.

Seriously--do you guys really think that a guy who intentionally holds out 100,000 from his salary JUST TO PAY FINES (for his stupid end zone dances) is a great guy who isn't trying to hurt anyone?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Don't you think that he could do something a little more productive with that money if he really cared about the people/city of Cincinnati?

His stupid dances are for not done for any other reason but to hear his name on the radio and to see his silly gold teeth on TV. He only talks about his self--and he is NOT a team player. If he doesn't get the ball he CRIES like a big BABY. How is he a "good guy" again?

Come with something better than "Chads not hurting anybody". If you guys are going to defend him--come with something that has some validity
What all did they say happened. First you were saying altercation and now a punch being thrown. Have any additional details?
Sorry, Cat.

It started out as an argument that turned into a physical altercation where punches were thrown. It started because poor little Chad wasn't getting the ball (he forgets that John Kitna is NOT the same kind of QB as Palmer). But that didn't matter to him.
Well if thats the case I think it is certainly time to step in and do something.
still what other things has he done? touchdown celebrations are not bad discipline... his list of cornerbacks was thrown out after his coach asked him to.. Chad did it. still the report of his "altercatio" is being denined. so i give him the benefit of the doubt.
"Come with something better than "Chads not hurting anybody". If you guys are going to defend him--come with something that has some validity" what validity do u have saying he is a bad player? u have no proof that he hit anyone. u dont like his dances. he isnt the only player in the league that does them.
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:still what other things has he done? touchdown celebrations are not bad discipline... his list of cornerbacks was thrown out after his coach asked him to.. Chad did it. still the report of his "altercatio" is being denined. so i give him the benefit of the doubt.
"Come with something better than "Chads not hurting anybody". If you guys are going to defend him--come with something that has some validity" what validity do u have saying he is a bad player? u have no proof that he hit anyone. u dont like his dances. he isnt the only player in the league that does them.

VV--I see what you are saying. And here is my logic.

1. Anyone who intentionally sets money aside to pay fines is a person that is saying, "I am going to do whatever I want--whenever I feel like doing it".

2. Do I actually know the truth in regard to whether or not he tried to hit Marvin Lewis. My opinion is: Yes. I definitely know the truth. Also, as I have said about a 100 times now--the team does not confirm or deny. EVERYONE IN THE WORLD KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THAT MEANS. Chad denies it because his ego and reputation would take a major hit. Even he is smart enough to figure that out. But REMEMBER--the BENGALS haven't denied it--and neither have his team mates.

3. Have you ever listened to Chad Johnson speak? The only thing that he talks about is him self. He talks about how good he is and how he is going to make other teams look bad, etc. He sends pepto bismal to other teams, he posts lists of the players that he is going to face (and then he determines whether he was successful ot not--a try sign of narcissistic behavior). Also--that LIST went back up.

4. Getting in Palmers face because he would throw the ball to him (because in actuality--he was Double covered) shows how much class he truely has. For someone who talks about how much film he watches--it isn't real hard to figure out that a QB isn't going to throw into double coverage very often.

5. Lets look at the dances for a minute. The vast majority of times--his selfish display of arrogance will/does result in a flag. Is that really what is best for the team? I doubt it.

As far as "other players" trust me--they are not any better in my book. They should be handled in the appropriate manner. And until they do--the NFL is going to continue to be a trash heap of bad football.
1. He is no were near T.O., and his play on the field doesn't cross the line.
2. Lewis would have fired him if he did that.
3. He also says a lot of great things about his team.
4. All receivers want to be a big part of the game. Palmer doesn't feel as if there is any harm.
5. I haven't seen many flags on his dances.

Are you a Steelers fan that wants him gone?
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:1. He is no were near T.O., and his play on the field doesn't cross the line.
2. Lewis would have fired him if he did that.
3. He also says a lot of great things about his team.
4. All receivers want to be a big part of the game. Palmer doesn't feel as if there is any harm.
5. I haven't seen many flags on his dances.

Are you a Steelers fan that wants him gone?

Let me preface this post with this statement: I am not a "fan" of any professional football team. The only reason that I follow the Bengals is due to the fact that it is unavoidable in this area.

1. At one time--I would have agreed with you. But his behavior is getting worse and worse. Matter of fact, I would say that his on field behavior has SURPASSED TO. His off field behavior is heading in the same direction--but is isn't there yet.

2. Marvin Lewis is in a bad situation here. He doesn't have the authority to fire Chad in the first place. But I am telling everyone this for the 50th time--The Bengals WILL NOT CONFIRM OR DENY THAT THIS HAPPENED. If it didn't happen, they would SAY THAT THIS NEVER HAPPENED. Also, one of the Cincinnati radio broadcasters has it on record that numerous players have verified this story--but they would not go on air with it because it was "an internal matter".

3. Fill me in on some of the great things that he has said about the team. The only things that I have heard up here is how "he" is going to do this or "he" is going to do that. I have never heard one statement that was directed towards another player on the team from this bozo. And if he had respect for his team mates--he wouldn't be getting in Carson Palmer or John Kitna's face when they don't throw the ball to him (when he is double covered).

4. Actually--you may want to check again. Palmer has never said that there is "no harm". Palmer has continued to say that it is a "team" matter. He has never commented on how he feels about Chad's immature demands for the ball. (At least there hasn't been any conversation up here about it). Also--I doubt that you could verify this in the first place--because Palmer RARELY speaks to the media about anything.

5. If he got one flag during the season--that is ONE FLAG TOO MANY. It shows that he is way more concerned with his self as opposed to what is best for the team.

Like I have pointed out in numerous instances--he is heading down the wrong road. And he has been heading in this direction for an extended period of time. But for some reason--he keeps getting a free pass. How much further does he have to go before someone finally realizes what a punk he is?
i have a picture of him on my cell phone holding a beer before the play off game vs. the steelers when he went tailgateing ... anyone that has verizon i will send it to you if you pm me
Even if he didn't get into an altercation, I still think he is a punk.

He doesn't know when to shut up and IMHO, he is selfish.
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Let me preface this post with this statement: I am not a "fan" of any professional football team. The only reason that I follow the Bengals is due to the fact that it is unavoidable in this area.

1. At one time--I would have agreed with you. But his behavior is getting worse and worse. Matter of fact, I would say that his on field behavior has SURPASSED TO. His off field behavior is heading in the same direction--but is isn't there yet.

2. Marvin Lewis is in a bad situation here. He doesn't have the authority to fire Chad in the first place. But I am telling everyone this for the 50th time--The Bengals WILL NOT CONFIRM OR DENY THAT THIS HAPPENED. If it didn't happen, they would SAY THAT THIS NEVER HAPPENED. Also, one of the Cincinnati radio broadcasters has it on record that numerous players have verified this story--but they would not go on air with it because it was "an internal matter".

3. Fill me in on some of the great things that he has said about the team. The only things that I have heard up here is how "he" is going to do this or "he" is going to do that. I have never heard one statement that was directed towards another player on the team from this bozo. And if he had respect for his team mates--he wouldn't be getting in Carson Palmer or John Kitna's face when they don't throw the ball to him (when he is double covered).

4. Actually--you may want to check again. Palmer has never said that there is "no harm". Palmer has continued to say that it is a "team" matter. He has never commented on how he feels about Chad's immature demands for the ball. (At least there hasn't been any conversation up here about it). Also--I doubt that you could verify this in the first place--because Palmer RARELY speaks to the media about anything.

5. If he got one flag during the season--that is ONE FLAG TOO MANY. It shows that he is way more concerned with his self as opposed to what is best for the team.

Like I have pointed out in numerous instances--he is heading down the wrong road. And he has been heading in this direction for an extended period of time. But for some reason--he keeps getting a free pass. How much further does he have to go before someone finally realizes what a punk he is?

Maybe you need to spend more time checking into this information. I read just about everything that comes out about the Bengals and most of what you say has very little support. Yes, Chad is very outspoken and does some things on the field that many fans of other teams or neutral fans don't like. Most Bengals fans love the things that he does and it adds to the need that this town has had for 15 years. It's not like we have had anything to dance about during that period of time, but we do now. I agree that Palmer doesn't say a lot, but how can you say it if he doesn't. Chad has not made it to the level of TO. We must remember that TO destroyed a great football team this year with his actions. Chad has not done that. I am not sure that Chad got any flags for his dances this year and I watch every game. Lewis has more power in Cincinnati than most want to think. If there is every a need to remove Chad from the team Lewis can get that done. Mike Brown has a lot of respect for Lewis and will listen to him. If the issue took place in the locker room, I feel as if we will hear something very soon. It appears that something did happen, but I don't feel as if we can say anything until we know details!

:loveya:
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:Maybe you need to spend more time checking into this information. I read just about everything that comes out about the Bengals and most of what you say has very little support. Yes, Chad is very outspoken and does some things on the field that many fans of other teams or neutral fans don't like. Most Bengals fans love the things that he does and it adds to the need that this town has had for 15 years. It's not like we have had anything to dance about during that period of time, but we do now. I agree that Palmer doesn't say a lot, but how can you say it if he doesn't. Chad has not made it to the level of TO. We must remember that TO destroyed a great football team this year with his actions. Chad has not done that. I am not sure that Chad got any flags for his dances this year and I watch every game. Lewis has more power in Cincinnati than most want to think. If there is every a need to remove Chad from the team Lewis can get that done. Mike Brown has a lot of respect for Lewis and will listen to him. If the issue took place in the locker room, I feel as if we will hear something very soon. It appears that something did happen, but I don't feel as if we can say anything until we know details!

:loveya:

Belfry--great post. You make some solid points.

I do disagree with a few. To note--If I said that Chad was on the level of TO--my fault. I believe that he is heading down that road--but he isn't there yet. But if he continues to take the same course of action (as he has of late)--he will surpass TO. Even he wasn't dumb enough to take a shot at a coach.

Of course Bengals fans like him. He is part of the reason why this team is better--and I would agree that he has tried very hard to be loyal to Cincinnati as a town.

However, I don't agree with the fact that Chad should be able to act like trash because Bengals fans haven't had anything to cheer about. Matter of fact, you would think that Bengals fans would have a little more class. But they don't. In general--they feel like they have the right to condone this type of poor behavior. They also feel like they are "owed" something. Give me a break! The Bengals are a business--they don't owe anyone anything.

As far as Marvin goes--I think he has more control compared to the coaches of the past (for the Bengals) but I don't think that Mike lets him call the shots (and I don't ever think that he will). There have been too many things where he continues to step in (free agent signings for one). I think that Mike is a good business man--and he understands that he makes a lot more money if people rally around Marvin--and--he stays out of the way of any negative press that he has constantly endured. That is self serving--and it has nothing to do with how much power Marvin actually has. I think that if it were up to Marvin--he WOULD get rid of Chad. (I honestly think that he is sick of Chad and his big, fat mouth). Mike is the one that wants to keep Chad around. For one simple reason--he puts butts in seats!
i really cant believe this whole story
I like many others do think that some thing happened in the locker room. I just don’t think that it was to the level most want it to be. There is a report that states that he got in to it with a coach but not Lewis. It appears that Lewis and another player stopped the situation before it got out of hand. We must remember that a lot of emotion was riding on this game after Palmer went out and all hope appeared lost. Things like this happen. If anyone watched the New England / Denver game last night then you would have seen something similar. Does that mean that we need to fire #55 for New England for shoving his teammate? No, it is part of emotional game. I don’t feel as if Chad has distracted this team in anyway yet. I will be the first to say he needs to let go if that does happen. I feel as if Henry’s actions were more troubling for this team than Chad Johnson’s actions.

:ChairHit:
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:I like many others do think that some thing happened in the locker room. I just don’t think that it was to the level most want it to be. There is a report that states that he got in to it with a coach but not Lewis. It appears that Lewis and another player stopped the situation before it got out of hand. We must remember that a lot of emotion was riding on this game after Palmer went out and all hope appeared lost. Things like this happen. If anyone watched the New England / Denver game last night then you would have seen something similar. Does that mean that we need to fire #55 for New England for shoving his teammate? No, it is part of emotional game. I don’t feel as if Chad has distracted this team in anyway yet. I will be the first to say he needs to let go if that does happen. I feel as if Henry’s actions were more troubling for this team than Chad Johnson’s actions.

:ChairHit:

Wow--I just got the "real" story--and I can guarantee you that it was more than a little bit of a distraction. Some of the details that I put out earlier--are definitely incorrect. But I have the full story now. I want to verify it one more time before I bring it out. But--if it proves to be true--It is much worse than anyone could have thought!
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote: Wow--I just got the "real" story--and I can guarantee you that it was more than a little bit of a distraction. Some of the details that I put out earlier--are definitely incorrect. But I have the full story now. I want to verify it one more time before I bring it out. But--if it proves to be true--It is much worse than anyone could have thought!

Here is the real story from Lewis:

A report was published on a rumor-mill Web site Monday that Johnson and wide receivers coach Hue Jackson were involved in a physical altercation at halftime of the Bengals' 27-13 loss.

"Chad's a very integral part of what we do," Lewis said. "There was no physical altercation. Chad was upset. He wanted to help us win the football game. He was frustrated. It happens all the time.

"When you lose a good player (such as Palmer), we needed people to step up and make plays. Chad wanted to do that. But Chad's not going to get in a fight with somebody. There are not two sets of rules. If Chad had hit somebody, he wouldn't have played in the second half."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...5/1066/SPT

Please read before you say to much!
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:Here is the real story from Lewis:

A report was published on a rumor-mill Web site Monday that Johnson and wide receivers coach Hue Jackson were involved in a physical altercation at halftime of the Bengals' 27-13 loss.

"Chad's a very integral part of what we do," Lewis said. "There was no physical altercation. Chad was upset. He wanted to help us win the football game. He was frustrated. It happens all the time.

"When you lose a good player (such as Palmer), we needed people to step up and make plays. Chad wanted to do that. But Chad's not going to get in a fight with somebody. There are not two sets of rules. If Chad had hit somebody, he wouldn't have played in the second half."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
AID=/20060115/SPT02/601150335/1066/SPT

Well.

that's marvin's version to save face.... you have to know some one on the inside to get the real scoop.....

I have read it--and every other piece of propoganda that the Bengals have put out about this piece.

What I can tell you is this--evillive made a post about Chad with a beer in his hand BEFORE the game while everyone was tailgating. I thought that was pretty odd.

Now, I have been trying to get the "real" story about this for a week now. And I knew that there was one way to get it.

I coach with a guy who played for the Bengals for a long period of time. I had not been able to get a hold of him until this afternoon. He still has a LOT of contact with the team and the coaching staff--and regularly helps the team out when needed.

The story is, Chad went out to enjoy some tailgating with some fans, which he has done on a couple of different occasions this year. Whether he was actually drinking or not--I don't know--and no one would say. But he was out there--screwing around when he should have been preparing to play the football game.

So, the Bengals get to the halftime, Chad starts whining and moaning around about not getting the football and how the Bengals are not going to win unless he gets it. He keeps going and going. Finally, his position coach tells him that he would probably be more involved in the game plan if he wasn't out drinking and screwing around with the tailgaters before the game.

At that point, Chad took a swing at his position coach. Marvin Lewis and some of the other offensive players stepped in to break it up. And Chad wouldn't let it die. He kept trying to get his coach to fight--and it nearly took the entire half time period to get everything calmed down.

This is verified from a person who was actually in the lockerroom.

You can believe what ever you want to believe--I am telling you that this person played for the team--and he wouldn't lie. It isn't his style.

Now--I haven't ever lied about a thing on this board. You need to keep in mind--I would NOT want to do anything to my credibility here.

So you can be the judge.
hillbilly .... eureka! someone finally hits the nail on the head !!!!!!!!