Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd on probation...and Some fans get banned
What ever happened to good ole fashion RESPECT! I am all for the fans going back and fourth, but at least keep it respectful. I was at this game with my kids and I was ashamed of how the fans acted and not just the young ones
I think the crazzies need to quit there whining and face the facts that they were out of control at the game! I guarantee you that there will be no idiots running up and down the court taunting our players on Feb 7!!!
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:If fans are not allowed, how do they know when money is being taken up who they are for? What about if SF fans wear clothes that are not SF colors or have SF on them anywhere... Will the people who take up money at the gate have the final say as to who they allow in and dont? What about older fans, like parents of the players, will they not be allowed to watch there kids play?

I don't think anyone will be allowed to watch the game from either side. So no money will be brought in at the gate.
Where was security at this game from beginning to end???
"bobcatfan06" Wrote:I think the crazzies need to quit there whining and face the facts that they were out of control at the game! I guarantee you that there will be no idiots running up and down the court taunting our players on Feb 7!!!
MIGHT COME AND WATCH THE GAME TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS...HOPEFULLY NO FIGHTING...BUT IF IT GOES ON I THINK EVERY ONE INVOLVED SHOULD BE BANNED NOT JUST ONE SIDE!!!!
"fox sports" Wrote:Where was security at this game from beginning to end???

I saw Floyd Co Deputies there that night most of the game.
I go to BL, and I think whats happening to SF is completely stupid, why punish the ball players for what the fans did?..after the game was over I didnt even see any ball player from either team bc they were all rushed into the locker rooms. As far as the crazies go, I loved them..lol..espically the one that looked like Joe dirt and had tha booty shorts on..those kids look like they were have tha time of there life and its stupid that they got banned bc of a couple bl grad.s who think they're "tough guys"..from what i heard it was jus kids that are outta high school that started tha fight..what can be done to them? I think what the BL ball team did to the locker room over there was about stupid, and there was no reason to do it. :boosign:

It was a hard fought game and probably the best game I've seen all season..our boys should've taken their loss and went to the house..plain and simple. All they did was make it harder on the rest of tha bl teams wen they have to go over to SF..
Why didnt they do anything over the bottles being thrown? Or stop the fight when it first happened? Was the law called in when the locker room was tore up?
"BIG J" Wrote:Basically The Probation Means That Somebody Else This Season Will Push The Envelope And Take A Shot At The Sf Players Or Fans In Order To Get Them Removed. Fanning Has Someone Pulling His Strings Down The Road, Otherwise He Would Have Realized That This Situation Was Heated Because Of The Football Game In The Fall. Some Cheap Shots That Led To A Scuffle On The Field And Sf Players Being Assaulted By A Bl Assistant Coach. Oh Well, Typical Behavior From Bl, But Sf Will Shoulder The Blame, We Always Do- Thats Why They Give Us Big Shoulders. But Be Assured That Those Of Us Adults That Attend The Games Will Keep A Watchful Eye To Keep Our Kids From Becoming Targets.

BIG J,

Why do you capitalize every word in your posts?

:confused:
"OSIRIS" Wrote:I don't think anyone will be allowed to watch the game from either side. So no money will be brought in at the gate.
What about parents... or even college scouts? I wonder if the Floyd County School system got sued if scouts were not allowed in the games how long they would keep the ban on? Or better yet, Dr. Fannin himself for the cost of there college education if he decided to ban fans. Would it mean that whoever SF played, that fans would not be allowed in to watch? Would that be fair to the parents and fans of the teams they play? What about when they play outside of Floyd County? He doesnt have any stroke outside of Floyd. Ihope he has enough sense to talk to more than just one lawyer before trying something like that.
maybe the teams involved just shouldnt play each other, p ville and belfry
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:What about parents... or even college scouts? I wonder if the Floyd County School system got sued if scouts were not allowed in the games how long they would keep the ban on? Or better yet, Dr. Fannin himself for the cost of there college education if he decided to ban fans. Would it mean that whoever SF played, that fans would not be allowed in to watch? Would that be fair to the parents and fans of the teams they play? What about when they play outside of Floyd County? He doesnt have any stroke outside of Floyd. Ihope he has enough sense to talk to more than just one lawyer before trying something like that.

True. I don't think the FCBE can determine who attends games outside of Fld Co but they can determine who if anyone gets to attend in Fld Co.

As far as not being far to the other teams playing SF at SF I think the FCBE is thinking about the saftey of all people ( students, fans and parents). Not that I think anyone is in danger by going to a SF game but my understanding this is not the first trouble the FCBE has had in the left beaver area this school year ( just what I hear)
Punish those people involved and leave the rest alone. I don't know who started anything and won't pretend that I do. But did Fannin talk to anyone from either side about the incident before issuing the ban? What type of "probation" is SF on anyway? There seems to be a lot of unanswered questions concerning the incident.

An earlier post mentioned something about a football game, I though the post implied that there was an incident between SF and BL at a football game. Can someone enlighten me on that or did I misunderstand the post?
I think that both teams should be punished and I don't think that SF should be the only school on probation. BL had just as much part in it as SF and like others have said before, if someone comes up to you and hits you your first reaction is going to be to defend yourself and fight back. If I'm not mistaken then a few parents of some of the kids at SF will be raising hell at the board during these next few days.
During football season one of the BL players tried to take a cheep shot at Ryan Johnson and both benches cleared but no fighting really went on..... Ryan can't help it that he owns BL but tho mudcretures need to grow up.... Dr. Fanning is one of the craziest men I have ever seen before in my life... Y wont he listen to the whole story, i think he has something against SF.... Maybe b/c they beat p-burg out of the district tourney every year but who knows...lol
I attended the BL/SF game friday night. Much has been said in here (including threats) as to this game and the post-game fight. SF has displayed in the past year a negative trend in poor attidtudes and willingness to agitate and instigate fights. WHAT is SF's problem? Why are there these immature "crazzies" running the sidelines and distracting from good basketball? True, there might have been some words from the BL side but it can't compare to the ignaorant attitude displayed by SF fans and parents. SF's parents need to grow up! Why do you act like you are some ignorant 14 year old? Instead of joining in to the fight SF parents should have been doing the responsible thing and trying to break it up. That game was one of the best games I have ever watched. It was ruined by these parents and over-active pep squad members from SF. The claim that BL totaled the locker room are unfounded and a rumor. Coach Rose is a respectable person that would never allow his players to destroy public property, as I assume SF's coach would do the same. SF principal Keith Henry needs to step up and be a man and dicipline these unruly students and let the law deal with their parents. This is just my opinion, but it is the general consensus in the public that SF was in the wrong. Maybe they need to do something to change this perception??? (HMM, how about start acting like adults to start?):dump: ............................................._______________ SF
I have been to SF several times over the last 8 years and in every case the fans are very rude but they are not the only fans who are. Lawrence County, Betsy Layne, Johnson Central, PAINTSVILLE, and many others places in the 15th and 14th region have rude fans. The problem is it is not always the fans . Instead most of the time the problem lies in the referees. For Instance the referees are either calling a one sided game (which is very unprofessional and should cause a referee to be banned permanently) or the referees are not calling the game close enough which allows the game to get much to physical and way out of hand.

Should BL get punished too? As we used to say 'not just yes.' And those players who were involved in trashing the locker room should be suspended for at least two games.

Bad blood between fans almost always is the referees' fault. A referee has the authority to stop the game in order to expell a beligerent fan. He or she can even empty the gym, and if need be he can even order the coaches to keep quite.

This is a game people. 1 out 10,000 of eastern Kentucky kids may go on to the NCAA. We need to support the kids no matter which jersey they wear. In every game I have seen this year I have applauded good moves by players on either side.

It may be that Kentucky needs to put rules in place that require stiff penalties for fans and players who incite riots. But ultimately Mom and Dad are setting the examples, and from the looks of it they are not doing such a hot job. Maybe it is time to put Mom and Dad in the poky for being bad examples - charged with inciting a riot.

:yesno:
"singingpreacher" Wrote:I have been to SF several times over the last 8 years and in every case the fans are very rude but they are not the only fans who are. Lawrence County, Betsy Layne, Johnson Central, PAINTSVILLE, and many others places in the 15th and 14th region have rude fans. The problem is it is not always the fans . Instead most of the time the problem lies in the referees. For Instance the referees are either calling a one sided game (which is very unprofessional and should cause a referee to be banned permanently) or the referees are not calling the game close enough which allows the game to get much to physical and way out of hand.

Should BL get punished too? As we used to say 'not just yes.' And those players who were involved in trashing the locker room should be suspended for at least two games.

Bad blood between fans almost always is the referees' fault. A referee has the authority to stop the game in order to expell a beligerent fan. He or she can even empty the gym, and if need be he can even order the coaches to keep quite.

This is a game people. 1 out 10,000 of eastern Kentucky kids may go on to the NCAA. We need to support the kids no matter which jersey they wear. In every game I have seen this year I have applauded good moves by players on either side.

It may be that Kentucky needs to put rules in place that require stiff penalties for fans and players who incite riots. But ultimately Mom and Dad are setting the examples, and from the looks of it they are not doing such a hot job. Maybe it is time to put Mom and Dad in the poky for being bad examples - charged with inciting a riot.

Amen to that, Preacher.
"bobcatfan06" Wrote:I think the crazzies need to quit there whining and face the facts that they were out of control at the game! I guarantee you that there will be no idiots running up and down the court taunting our players on Feb 7!!!

It wasn't the crazies that started it......bobcat fans couldn't accept a loss so they threw bottles and wanted to fight
"singingpreacher" Wrote:I have been to SF several times over the last 8 years and in every case the fans are very rude but they are not the only fans who are. Lawrence County, Betsy Layne, Johnson Central, PAINTSVILLE, and many others places in the 15th and 14th region have rude fans. The problem is it is not always the fans . Instead most of the time the problem lies in the referees. For Instance the referees are either calling a one sided game (which is very unprofessional and should cause a referee to be banned permanently) or the referees are not calling the game close enough which allows the game to get much to physical and way out of hand.

You know I have no problem with the fans, there is very few cases that I have ever seen the fans get out of control during a game. The game is played on the floor and not in the stands. I know there are things said from the fans all the time and will cont to be.

Here is the KRS 525.020(030)(040) (53031) Riot in the 1st degree is a class D Felony
and Riot in the 2nd degree is a Class Misdemeanor and Inciting a Riot is a Class A Misdemeanor.
The you have unlawful assembly which is a Class B Misdemeanor. and then you have Failure to disperse which is a Class B Misdemeanor.
Then you have Disorderly Conduct Whichis a CLass B Misdemeanor.

But its like you said about the officals let it get way out of hand or call it way one sided, or decide that they need to play catch up for the home team at the end of the game. or go all game and not call a block or a charge on either team and then toward the end of the game when you are about to take the lead, then start calling them, its just the officals have been so horrible the last couple of years and it seems that they are even worse this year. so it does make the fans angry and upset, and most of the time its not the parents yelling but then you do have a very low few that do yell.
Bat, I agree with that about the refs. I just wonder why nothing can be done about them. I can understand why the coaches dont. A coach really dont want to get the refs mad at them. But how about parents. Do you think a ref has ever gotten served papers for calling a bad game? Most high school games these days, both teams, alot of parents and tv crews are taping games. What would happen if a parent filed a suit against a coach for something like failure to provide services or fraud or something. They are getting paid to do a service, and if they do it incorrectly, they should be held responsible for it. I wonder if a case or two against some would make the others do right.
"bruiser52" Wrote:It wasn't the crazies that started it......bobcat fans couldn't accept a loss so they threw bottles and wanted to fight

SF parents, FANS, and students all need to look at todays (01-11-05) Floyd county times and realize the perception that Floyd county citizens are having on SFHS and HIHAT. There is not a single negative word towards BLHS. Regardless of what actually happened, ultimatley it will be the public's (read BOE) 's perception that SF was guilty. Those that live and work and go to school in HIHAT had better rethink what the do before they do it, or basketball and football could become a thing of the past in HIHAT.
To quote BLHS principal monday morning on the events around the fight..." We showed good team spirit"

NUFF SAID SEAN!!!!!!!!!:rock:
i was not at this game but the way that it sounds BL fans got far to out of control and it escaladed into a frenzy...both sides should be punished for the fight but SF should get minimal punishment while BL should get the max...It is sad to see that a friendly season game had to get so ugly but that is what happens sometimes when you have a few hot heads in the crowd...Sorry to hear this for SF and for BL grow up and learn to show some respect excpecially the team...Learn some class...To earn respect you must give respect...
According to the Floyd County Attorney Keith Bartley- if you start the fight or fight back after being attacked you will be punished. He is recommending " every single person involved in a fight on school property be prosecuted". whether they started the altercation or were defending themselves from others who started it.
In referring to the FCT article, that is what is called selective journalism. They put aspects in print such as the posts from here and what some parent from BL said from hearsay about what happened, it is phrased that way for a reason- to sensationalize the event and degrade us. I am not really concerned about " what others think", I work and deal with folks in 5 counties, including Floyd, and most of the general consensus about the event are the same- a few bad apples can easily ruin the bushel. My concerns are with the adults from BL tossing bottles at our players and the destruction of property-which did happen- destroyed the Cheerleaders room which they were recently allowed to use. If accountability is not shared by everyone involved, I feel like it might be a good idea to just bring a screeching halt to the rest of the season. From this point of the season I feel as if every emotion exhibited at our games will be construed as "rowdy", but thats OK, we will be fine, we will overcome.
Oh, by the way, sounds like your principal at BL has on Rose colored glasses, a responsible adult would have addressed that situation better!
Good point BigJ. Selective journalism at its best.
"BOBKATS4LIFE" Wrote:SF parents, FANS, and students all need to look at todays (01-11-05) Floyd county times and realize the perception that Floyd county citizens are having on SFHS and HIHAT. There is not a single negative word towards BLHS. Regardless of what actually happened, ultimatley it will be the public's (read BOE) 's perception that SF was guilty. Those that live and work and go to school in HIHAT had better rethink what the do before they do it, or basketball and football could become a thing of the past in HIHAT.
To quote BLHS principal monday morning on the events around the fight..." We showed good team spirit"

NUFF SAID SEAN!!!!!!!!!:rock:
Last I checked the Floyd County Times was far from the Bible. I don't believe for a second everything that is put in the paper anymore is the absolute truth because evidently it can be quoted from anywhere. The rivalries are good in the county and the last thing that we need is for just a few to cause problems for so many. South Floyd definitely was not innocent and neither was Betsy Layne. There were 2 bottles thrown at Ryan Johnson and one of them hit him. These were from the BL side and not Sf. HiHat won't be the only place that is under a watch just because a local newspaper person types what they want without gathering all of the information. South Floyd is living by the word put on them by Dr. Fanning and I assume that he knows just because things are sugar coated for some by a local reporter, their actions are not hidden. Betsy Layne has a good following and even though they are not winning they remain faithful, hopefully they will continue to support the team. South Floyd fans definitely need to watch their behavior and conduct themselves the way that is expected of them. Good luck to both schools and their teams. There are good kids on both sides.
"singingpreacher" Wrote:... Bad blood between fans almost always is the referees' fault. ...

:please:

Oh. My. God.

SF / BL has been a bitter rivalry for years. How can you possibly say bad blood between fans is almost always the referee's fault.

That is simply ridiculous.

Game management (usually the home team's Athletic Director) has the authority and the responsibility to control the crowds. Yes, the referees also have the authority to eject individuals or even clear the gym. But that is the most drastic action an official can take and is only considered when game management cannot get things under control. Referees are trained to ignore the crowds except in the most extreme cases.

I wasn't there so I can't comment on the specifics of that night. But you cannot possibly blame fan rivalry on referees.
"Batpuff" Wrote:... But its like you said about the officals let it get way out of hand or call it way one sided, or decide that they need to play catch up for the home team at the end of the game. or go all game and not call a block or a charge on either team and then toward the end of the game when you are about to take the lead, then start calling them, ... so it does make the fans angry and upset ...

I wasn't at the game. Are you saying the referees at this game did any of these things? Or, is this simply a general statement about your opinion of officiating quality?
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:Bat, I agree with that about the refs. I just wonder why nothing can be done about them. I can understand why the coaches dont. A coach really dont want to get the refs mad at them. But how about parents. Do you think a ref has ever gotten served papers for calling a bad game? Most high school games these days, both teams, alot of parents and tv crews are taping games. What would happen if a parent filed a suit against a coach for something like failure to provide services or fraud or something. They are getting paid to do a service, and if they do it incorrectly, they should be held responsible for it. I wonder if a case or two against some would make the others do right.

Forgive me if I'm wrong. But isn't this like the second or third time in this thread you've suggested sueing somebody? What's up with that? Are you an attorney?

Do you simply want to complain about officiating, or do you really want to know what can be done to make it better? If you want to make high school officiating better I have a suggestion. Why don't you get licensed and officiate some games yourself. Obviously the officiating in the 15th will immediately improve just because you'll be on the roster of officials.