Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State champs will be?
simons is in fleming county, about 25 mins from morehead
simons middle school is in fleming county, about 25 mins from morehead
TK Stone is Elizabethtown
Newjacket Wrote:New to middle school sports as my son's 1st year. How do the playoffs work? He plays for Williamsburg. I know they are D3 and play for district championship Saturday, but not sure what happens after that. Is there a website that explains the process.
Wiiliamsburg will play the winner of Meece/cumberland, then the winner of W'burg game will go to state semi's.
D2 winners will be Simons Middle School!
I think that Williamsburg will be a tough out for any school that they play
Cougars28 Wrote:D2 winners will be Simons Middle School!

I dont think so ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
ManofGOD Wrote:I dont think so ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Your thinking right lol. I havent even heard of simmons middle till you just posted that. So i hardly believe they will be D2 state champs. Sorry:Thumbs:
D1 - Moss Middle School from Bowling Green

Jim
d1-lone oak / southern pulaski , d2- corbin, d-3 meece somerset
Adams beat Betsy Layne
All i do is win Wrote:I agree there are many teams in the mountains that are good such as Johnson Central, Shelby Valley, Belfry, Betsy Layne, and a few more. Btw for the post above Knox beat New Harlen 40-0 about 2 weeks ago:eyeroll:

What about Adams
No love for Lex. Catholic?
d-fence Wrote:d1-lone oak / southern pulaski , d2- corbin, d-3 meece somerset

Williamsburg beat Pulaski Southern 36 - 14 and only lost to Corbin by 12. The :eyerollConfusedcore was 40- 28.
voljacketfan Wrote:Williamsburg beat Pulaski Southern 36 - 14 and only lost to Corbin by 12. The :eyerollConfusedcore was 40- 28.

As far as I'm concerned, and I'm the one who would know such things, there is only 1 for sure, for certain, dead on lock to win their division and that is ......................Williamsburg.
newjacket Wrote:new to middle school sports as my son's 1st year. How do the playoffs work? He plays for williamsburg. I know they are d3 and play for district championship saturday, but not sure what happens after that. Is there a website that explains the process.

the state playoffs are real simple actually.........it is win and keep playing or lose and season is over. I seen your draw in the state brackets and it appears you have a pretty good draw.
Mason county !!!!
We may have a little something to say about that Knighted! Good luck to you.
Lex Cath should be used to no love. LOL. Lex Cath I thought had a legit shot at D1. I would of loved to see the Lex Cath vs Anderson game. I know we are going to try to make a few of these games this year.

Mason Co has to go to Clay Co. That will be one and done.
barrel Wrote:Lex Cath should be used to no love. LOL. Lex Cath I thought had a legit shot at D1. I would of loved to see the Lex Cath vs Anderson game. I know we are going to try to make a few of these games this year.

Mason Co has to go to Clay Co. That will be one and done.

I'm with you barrel, Lex Cath vs. Anderson would of been a nice one. Still yet it will be just as hard for us to get by Henry Co. If you haven't seen them play you may want to see this one. I'm looking way ahead(we have to win and Henry has to win twice before we play) but they may be the best team we will have played to date.
I agree it would had been nice to of played Catholic,but i will be just as happy to get to play on their field this year against region 4.
We hope to represent Louisville well....Farnsley Wildcats
knighted Wrote:As far as I'm concerned, and I'm the one who would know such things, there is only 1 for sure, for certain, dead on lock to win their division and that is ......................Williamsburg.

I disagree, Williamsburg ain't that good, just lucky. I think they won't make it past Cumberland. Go Redskins!!!!
Just FYI, Williamsburg beat Southern Pulaski in the first game of the season by a score of 38-32 (one TD). It was an offensive game for both with very little defense. Southern was unprepared and overlooked Williamsburg based upon the game from the previous year where Southern blew them out.
Don't get me wrong, Williamsburg is a very good team and I believe they will win the D3 divison.
However, this was a wake up call for Southern who is a very different team now. They have gone 11 - 0 since that one loss and are clicking on all cylinders. We hope to make it all the way in D1.
I believe a team from region 4 will be your overall winner
smscougars Wrote:I believe a team from region 4 will be your overall winner

Any particuliar division? Grade bracket? Doesn't matter which, just region 4 huh?
Yeah that's what Middlesboro said too.
Lyn Turpin Wrote:Just FYI, Williamsburg beat Southern Pulaski in the first game of the season by a score of 38-32 (one TD). It was an offensive game for both with very little defense. Southern was unprepared and overlooked Williamsburg based upon the game from the previous year where Southern blew them out.
Don't get me wrong, Williamsburg is a very good team and I believe they will win the D3 divison.
However, this was a wake up call for Southern who is a very different team now. They have gone 11 - 0 since that one loss and are clicking on all cylinders. We hope to make it all the way in D1.

OK let's get this straight, voljacketfan was way off on the score (38-32). I'll agree with you there. But don't get on here just to make excuses it was BOTH teams first game, and guess what? Williamsburg is a different team too. Secondly, I don't remember Williamsburg getting blown out by anyone???? It was a scrimmage consisting of Wiliamsburg and Pulaski's 7th AND 8th grade teams. The majority of Williamsburg's 2009 team were 7th graders, so its really nothing to brag about. When Williamsburg 7th grade faced Southerns' 7th grade I believe the outcome was much similar to the 2010 game (both 7th grade teams were moving it on each other). Southern has a great team and I/or other Williamsburg fans would never degrade them about winning/losing to them. I agree that Williamsburg was very fortunate to pull off the win and I'm not on here to rub it in, but don't degrade the Williamsburg team by saying they were blew out by this same team last year, or insinuating they were lucky. IT'S AND INSULT, AND IT'S NOT TRUE!
Old_Jacket Wrote:OK let's get this straight, voljacketfan was way off on the score (38-32). I'll agree with you there. But don't get on here just to make excuses it was BOTH teams first game, and guess what? Williamsburg is a different team too. Secondly, I don't remember Williamsburg getting blown out by anyone???? It was a scrimmage consisting of Wiliamsburg and Pulaski's 7th AND 8th grade teams. The majority of Williamsburg's 2009 team were 7th graders, so its really nothing to brag about. When Williamsburg 7th grade faced Southerns' 7th grade I believe the outcome was much similar to the 2010 game (both 7th grade teams were moving it on each other). Southern has a great team and I/or other Williamsburg fans would never degrade them about winning/losing to them. I agree that Williamsburg was very fortunate to pull off the win and I'm not on here to rub it in, but don't degrade the Williamsburg team by saying they were blew out by this same team last year, or insinuating they were lucky. IT'S AND INSULT, AND IT'S NOT TRUE!

But I was at This game. Granted Pulaski Southen was RAW, but the score was 38-30. I have a picture of it. It was my son's first middle school game. I watched Pulaski Southern at their bowl in Somerset. They played as good as anyone I have seen this year. I pick them to win D-1. I did not intend to insult anyone, I was just very proud of our team to beat such a talented group. I apologize for the mistake in the score , It was a good game though.:Hammer3:
[quote=barrel]I will tell you right now no JCPS will be in the finals if that road goes through Eastern KY. If Lex Cath is D1 then there is no way one makes it to the finals. They would have to go through Anderson, Lex Cath and I believe the top team out of Eastern KY.[ I can see the people in eastern ky dont get out much because one of the louisville schools will be in finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:1: