Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State champs will be?
Okay we are at that time of the year who will win state and why??? Everyone comment please...
BM82 Wrote:Okay we are at that time of the year who will win state and why??? Everyone comment please...

Bell co or knox...They both have the complete package and are very good teams i think one of these teams will win.:Thumbs:
8th GRADE:
Division 1- Johnson Co.
Division 2- Corbin
Division 3- Frankfort/Raceland winner in semi's will defeat the west Division 3 to win.

7th Grade: up for grabs!!
ManofGOD Wrote:8th GRADE:
Division 1- Johnson Co.
Division 2- Corbin
Division 3- Frankfort/Raceland winner in semi's will defeat the west Division 3 to win.

I agree except the D3 is between Frankort/Raceland winner and williamsburg, who might just be the best D3 out there.
D1 you have a number of good schools that could win it. Anderson, Lex Ceth, Bell, Johnson, Knox, and maybe one or two other schools that could pull it out.

D2: Maybe the best D2 team in the state is not going to play in the playoffs (Georgetown Middle School). Corbin tends to own D2 for right now so until there is a surprise some where.

D3: One of the best D3 schools is not playing in the D3 brackets but in the D2 bracket. Bowling Middle (Owen Co) is playing up from my understanding.

The introduction of the Louisville schools this year is going to be interesting too.
I have seen Owen play this year and watched as our team played them early, Yes they are big, and from what i understand the big boy is only a 7th grader that plays defensive end or did play it when I watched them early. So OWEN is a good team, but over all when the game is full speed i think that the speed of certain teams will overcome the bulk of others. I agree Owen is a good team and surely is a contender for the title in Division 3. But on any given day the upset can happen as I have witnessed before. I would have to say that Owen is right there with Frankfort and true,, it could easily be a 3 way for the championship.
didnt new harlans team{d 2}beat corbin at corbin?i think the ratings have them in d2.
barrel Wrote:D1 you have a number of good schools that could win it. Anderson, Lex Ceth, Bell, Johnson, Knox, and maybe one or two other schools that could pull it out.

D2: Maybe the best D2 team in the state is not going to play in the playoffs (Georgetown Middle School). Corbin tends to own D2 for right now so until there is a surprise some where.

D3: One of the best D3 schools is not playing in the D3 brackets but in the D2 bracket. Bowling Middle (Owen Co) is playing up from my understanding.

The introduction of the Louisville schools this year is going to be interesting too.

I'm hearing that we are D2 this year Barrel. Can you confirm this ?
ManofGOD Wrote:I have seen Owen play this year and watched as our team played them early, Yes they are big, and from what i understand the big boy is only a 7th grader that plays defensive end or did play it when I watched them early. So OWEN is a good team, but over all when the game is full speed i think that the speed of certain teams will overcome the bulk of others. I agree Owen is a good team and surely is a contender for the title in Division 3. But on any given day the upset can happen as I have witnessed before. I would have to say that Owen is right there with Frankfort and true,, it could easily be a 3 way for the championship.

but owen playing d2 how will they do
Can someone tell me exactly how it is determined who goes on to state playoffs. Not familiar with how this program works.thanks
rebel 4 life Wrote:but owen playing d2 how will they do

It would depend on who they play in the playoffs. Since they are playing D2 would mean they could be playing Henry Co. or maybe Lexington Catholic first game. If that were the case, and I'm just giving a what if, it would be a tough game for them.
I will say Lone Oak in D1 (2009 7th Grade State Runner-up) and Paducah in D2.
Don't overlook or count out the teams from Eastern Kentucky. They could end up playing for championships in D1, D2, and D3. There are teams in the mountains that can play at a high level too.
ballerfan 1 Wrote:Don't overlook or count out the teams from Eastern Kentucky. They could end up playing for championships in D1, D2, and D3. There are teams in the mountains that can play at a high level too.

I agree there are many teams in the mountains that are good such as Johnson Central, Shelby Valley, Belfry, Betsy Layne, and a few more. Btw for the post above Knox beat New Harlen 40-0 about 2 weeks ago:eyeroll:
Division 1- Johnson Co.
Division 2- Corbin

one of the jcps schools will be in the finals!!
I say LCC, they look like a tough team as usual, Bell and Knox and Johsnon Co. are also favorites.
New harlan !!!!!!d2
Division 1- Johnson Co.
Division 2- Corbin

all the louisville schools are d1 its going to be a hard game for everybody!!
delton fms Wrote:one of the jcps schools will be in the finals!!

I will tell you right now no JCPS will be in the finals if that road goes through Eastern KY. If Lex Cath is D1 then there is no way one makes it to the finals. They would have to go through Anderson, Lex Cath and I believe the top team out of Eastern KY.
barrel Wrote:I will tell you right now no JCPS will be in the finals if that road goes through Eastern KY. If Lex Cath is D1 then there is no way one makes it to the finals. They would have to go through Anderson, Lex Cath and I believe the top team out of Eastern KY.

Which would be JC , SV, LC, and Belfry are all up there. Who is JCPS anyways?
Johnson county private school?
All i do is win Wrote:Which would be JC , SV, LC, and Belfry are all up there. Who is JCPS anyways?
Johnson county private school?

I think Jefferson County public schools..Louisville schools
knighted Wrote:I think Jefferson County public schools..Louisville schools

Ohh well who ever thinks they will win is not wise. These teams like JC and SV and belfry would hurt em quick. I dont even wanna think what knox or bell would do to them. They can not beat any of the teams listed above what are there records?
Hopefully Bell Co's RB will be back in enough time.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Hopefully Bell Co's RB will be back in enough time.

As good as he may be , Bell co. obviously can still win without him.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Hopefully Bell Co's RB will be back in enough time.
the kid suffered a {collar bone break?} i think. i would not put a young kid who will be able to play in next level in a game this year,its just not worth it. you know how hard these teams will be playing and there are BETTER teams in playoffs that will come at you.not worth the chance to me.
D1- Johnson Co. / Knox
D2- Corbin
D3- Cumberland
He suffered a collar bone break with surgery after. Dr will decide if he plays, which doesnt seem likely.
Can someone tell me where TK Stone, James Madison & Simons are from?
New to middle school sports as my son's 1st year. How do the playoffs work? He plays for Williamsburg. I know they are D3 and play for district championship Saturday, but not sure what happens after that. Is there a website that explains the process.
Simons is in Fleming Co. they are 10-1