Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 21 Knox Central 7
I bet Dudley pounds it in their head all week about holding on to the ball. We made things even harder on ourselves than they were to begin with. And they were hard due to Knox. Very good team. Add turnovers in the mix and you really make it hard on yourself. We have to do a better job holding on to the ball. But all in all, just a great game. You will see these two play again this year. I'll be surprised if they don't.
This game is a true meaning of High School Football in the Mountains.. I'd be lying if i said i didn't cry when they played "boys of fall" over the PA.. This was truly an amazing atmosphere, and one heck of a game.. Both of these teams are well coached and were ready to play friday night.. I was actually glad to see the good sportsmanship after the game, which was something that i was afraid of.. But good luck to both teams and i can vouch for the hundreds that were at the ball game friday night, "We Want to see these two teams play again!!"
Congrats to Bell County.
I figured they would win even though I predicted them to lose on the other thread lol.
Bell continues to roll!
zaga_fan Wrote:Congrats to Bell County.
I figured they would win even though I predicted them to lose on the other thread lol.
Bell continues to roll!

You still coming on the 29th to the Bell/Harlan Co. game?
[quote=tehot05]This game is a true meaning of High School Football in the Mountains.. I'd be lying if i said i didn't cry when they played "boys of fall" over the PA.. This was truly an amazing atmosphere, and one heck of a game.. Both of these teams are well coached and were ready to play friday night.. I was actually glad to see the good sportsmanship after the game, which was something that i was afraid of.. But good luck to both teams and i can vouch for the hundreds that were at the ball game friday night, "We Want to see these two teams play again!!"[/QUO
I think we'll see these two play again. I'll be pulling for Knox to get back to us. They're a district team and a neighbor. Plus, it would be another game for us instead of traveling.
Congrats to the Panthers for making it such a good game and Congrats to the Bobcats on another win!

Am I mistaken or was Knox Central the first team this season to score before Bell County in a game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:Congrats to the Panthers for making it such a good game and Congrats to the Bobcats on another win!

Am I mistaken or was Knox Central the first team this season to score before Bell County in a game?

JC kicked a FG to take a 3-0 lead against Bell.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:JC kicked a FG to take a 3-0 lead against Bell.

Oh ok thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:JC kicked a FG to take a 3-0 lead against Bell.

Although they did not play 'bad' and they did 'win' I don't think Dudley is thrilled with how we played Friday night. We pretty much dominated on all stats but the turnovers and missed assignments will stick in his craw. I look for Bell to start rolling now. I know rivalry games can take away some of your game but I guarantee he uses Friday's game to point out many of our let down's and poor decisions. I know Knox had some as well but Bell doesn't normally shoot themselves in the foot this much nor do they turn the ball over like they did the other night. It's good when you can win but still show the kids how much they have to improve on.
easyM Wrote:You still coming on the 29th to the Bell/Harlan Co. game?

I'll be there Wink
The only bad thing about this game is that its over. Rock is down this year so unless we decide to suck, our next 3 are games we should win big. Not much to look forward too and very little to prep us for tough play off games.

Bell is much in the same shoes too though. Hard to get up for games where at least on paper; the contest is minimal. But, that is why they play the games...
zaga_fan Wrote:I'll be there Wink

We'll have to get up with each other before then. Like to meet you. Can we get you to set on our side with us? Maybe we could protect you from all the Bears?:biggrin:
Football1 Wrote:The only bad thing about this game is that its over. Rock is down this year so unless we decide to suck, our next 3 are games we should win big. Not much to look forward too and very little to prep us for tough play off games.

Bell is much in the same shoes too though. Hard to get up for games where at least on paper; the contest is minimal. But, that is why they play the games...

But Bell does have some stiff competition with Soddy Daisy. And a rivalry game with Harlan Co.
easyM Wrote:We'll have to get up with each other before then. Like to meet you. Can we get you to set on our side with us? Maybe we could protect you from all the Bears?:biggrin:

I make it a priority to sit on the winning team's side anyway Wink
easyM Wrote:But Bell does have some stiff competition with Soddy Daisy. And a rivalry game with Harlan Co.
HC has improved greatly over the course of the season but I still don't see them playing with Bell at all. Speed kills. They are huge up front and a well coached, good bunch of boys - but they will have no answer for Davenport/Madon.

Soddy Daisy - know nothing of them except Bell drubbed them last time. That may be your only Play Off practice though.

Does anyone know the brackets well enough to say what the 4A playoffs will look like? Tying to figure out who we/Bell would play in 1st, 2nd rounds to get to each other for a Region finals game?
zaga_fan Wrote:I make it a priority to sit on the winning team's side anyway Wink

Ouch!!!!:lmao:
Yep, you'll be sitting with us for sure now...:lmao:
Football1 Wrote:HC has improved greatly over the course of the season but I still don't see them playing with Bell at all. Speed kills. They are huge up front and a well coached, good bunch of boys - but they will have no answer for Davenport/Madon.

Soddy Daisy - know nothing of them except Bell drubbed them last time. That may be your only Play Off practice though.

Does anyone know the brackets well enough to say what the 4A playoffs will look like? Tying to figure out who we/Bell would play in 1st, 2nd rounds to get to each other for a Region finals game?

Guarantee Knox/Lawrence in the second round.... And, I'll take Knox in that one.:Clap:
That will set up the rematch between Bell and Knox.:biggrin:
easyM Wrote:We'll have to get up with each other before then. Like to meet you. Can we get you to set on our side with us? Maybe we could protect you from all the Bears?:biggrin:

Don't let my old pal Zaga get hurt.:thanks:
easyM Wrote:Guarantee Knox/Lawrence in the second round.... And, I'll take Knox in that one.:Clap:
That will set up the rematch between Bell and Knox.:biggrin:
I know LC has a tough team this year and they are VERY well coached. But I know our boys have been looking real forward to a rematch with them too. I hope we can do the work to earn that game.

How is home field decided for a game like that? I know we went there last year.
Football1 Wrote:I know LC has a tough team this year and they are VERY well coached. But I know our boys have been looking real forward to a rematch with them too. I hope we can do the work to earn that game.

How is home field decided for a game like that? I know we went there last year.

You'll go there again because Knox is district runner up and Lawrence is district winner.
easyM Wrote:You'll go there again because Knox is district runner up and Lawrence is district winner.

Lawrence isn't District winners yet. They still have to play a good Rowan Co team. I think KNOX would beat both of them with this years team hands down.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Lawrence isn't District winners yet. They still have to play a good Rowan Co team. I think KNOX would beat both of them with this years team hands down.

I agree!:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have a good friend who lives in Morehead (Rowan Cnty). He tells me Rowan's new coach runs a tight ship. Has the boys wearing a white shirt and tie on Fridays instead of Jerseys. They are getting good results on the field as well. I just checked - Oct 15 is the date they play. Should be a good one.

Still, LC must be the favorite there the way they have ran the ball this year...
I would pick Knox over LC this year also.