Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much success will UK have this season if Kanter is ruled inelgible?
zaga_fan Wrote:Aslan...
I've got a guy sitting behind me at work telling me this...

1.)Last year UK could have beaten some NBA teams, and definitely the Nets.
He said it was a fact after looking up the stats.
2.) John Wall will be the best guard(not just PG) in the NBA as soon as he picks up his shot because of how fast he is, his passing, and this guys says John Wall could post-up Kobe.

Well duh! Anyone could do that!!! :biggrin:
Ballers Wrote:Well duh! Anyone could do that!!! :biggrin:

John Wall Couldn't....
Well they are neighbors over there in the wild wild west.. I guess we will see what happens when they meet.

If LA loses to Washington I WILL LAUGH SO HARD...
That wouldn't be a big deal. In the NBA the best team can lose to the worst.
BTT, just read an interesting article on Kanter and his eligibility.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...s%3Disch:1

As we wait for the NCAA to clear Enes Kanter (or not), let’s look at a couple of our options. I think all options for UK revolve around this year, because nobody really expected Kanter to play more than one year anyway.

Scenario 1: The NCAA decides that Kanter didn’t make any more money than his expenses to be on the road with a traveling team.

Result: This would be ideal, but unlikely. If this were the case, Kanter would play the entire season and Kentucky would be a top-5 national team all year and probably make it to the Final Four and maybe a championship.

Scenario 2: The NCAA decides that Kanter was compensated too much when he played with professionals, but is still not considered a professional.

Result: This is what most people believe will happen. If the NCAA decides that he was paid but not considered a professional, Enes will have to sit out some games this year (historically on a 2-for-1 ratio of ‘paid’ games). He would still be able to play much of the season.

Scenario 3: The NCAA decides that Kanter was a professional.

Result: This is the ‘nuclear’ option that nobody (except Calipari-haters) wants to see. If the NCAA decides that Kanter was a professional, he would not be allowed to play at all for UK. This would also affect Enes’ options for going to the NBA, because whichever NBA team wants him would have to pay his Turkish team. It’s sort of like a trade between NBA teams now, where there has to be some compensation. Since a Turkish team would not be interested in draft picks (for obvious reasons), there would have to be money involved. Now do you see why his Turkish coaches have a conflict of interest if Kanter was found to be an amateur?
Aslan Wrote:That wouldn't be a big deal. In the NBA the best team can lose to the worst.

But but but but... LA is the defending champs?
Ballers Wrote:But but but but... LA is the defending champs?

Correction, two time defending champs Big Grin. Bynum won't be back until around December, and Kobe said his knee is just at 60% right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they got off to a bad start.
May be 2 time defending champs.. but no 3 peat is in their future.
Your trying your best to entice an argument Big Grin.
Ballers Wrote:Well they are neighbors over there in the wild wild west.. I guess we will see what happens when they meet.

If LA loses to Washington I WILL LAUGH SO HARD...

I don't know what you mean by neighbors in the wild wild west.
The Wizards are in Washington, DC and are a part of the mild mild east.
^ You know what I mean zaga..
But I don't know what you mean by mild mild east.. Because the east is a beast.. the west is down.
Aslan Wrote:Your trying your best to entice an argument Big Grin.

I am indeed Confusedhh:
Ballers Wrote:^ You know what I mean zaga..
But I don't know what you mean by mild mild east.. Because the east is a beast.. the west is down.

No I really am at a lost for what you mean, Ballers.
You said that Wall and Kobe's were neighbors in the wild wild west and they just don't seem like neighbors to me.
I google mapped it for ya Wink

[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/75966...kkco0y.jpg]
[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/clfab...8oiy7g.jpg]
NBA neighbors.. is this guy really serious right now?
Ballers Wrote:NBA neighbors.. is this guy really serious right now?

Do you mean neighbors as they are employed by the same parent-company?
Then yes, they would be neighbors.
But I have never heard anyone like that referred to as neighbors, especially if the reside on opposite sides of the country.
:eyeroll:
LOL... Ok you want me to say it? I'll say it..
I thought they were in the West and I thought they were in Washington instead of D.C...
Epic fail from my part cause I'm known as a basketball analyst Sad sad day in sports.
Ballers Wrote:LOL... Ok you want me to say it? I'll say it..
I thought they were in the West and I thought they were in Washington instead of D.C...
Epic fail from my part cause I'm known as a basketball analyst Sad sad day in sports.

I can officially die a happy man.
I made ballers admit that he was wrong.
sniff...sniff....I think I have a tear in my eye... :o
zaga_fan Wrote:I can officially die a happy man.
I made ballers admit that he was wrong.
sniff...sniff....I think I have a tear in my eye...
:o

Zaga,

Being a season veteran of BGR, you will know Rule #3 quite well I'm sure.
Please try to keep all posts on topic and try not to lead other posters into temptation of breaking this rule as well.

Thanks,
Ballers
Ballers Wrote:Zaga,

Being a season veteran of BGR, you will know Rule #3 quite well I'm sure.
Please try to keep all posts on topic and try not to lead other posters into temptation of breaking this rule as well.

Thanks,
Ballers

I've had my moment now I can move on.

Kanter doesn't have long before the season starts.
I hope he gets his stuff together and gets eligible so Duke doesn't have to win another title Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:I've had my moment now I can move on.

Kanter doesn't have long before the season starts.
I hope he gets his stuff together and gets eligible so Duke doesn't have to win another title Wink

You really like jerkin' my chain don't you..
Either way, if he doesn't get eligible..
Duke will NOT, I repeat WILL NOT make it 2 times..
This is the year of the Big Blue Nation..
Dukies do have a good team.. But Someone in ACC will shut them up..
Look for NC State to be the ones knockin' at their door.
I hate Duke but they really have a good chance at repeating. They return a good portion of there team. Without Kanter imo UK is not a title contender.
^ Thank god my basketball predictions are better than yours then huh?
I hope your right.
Aslan Wrote:I hope your right.

Either way, your Cards won't be tasting any kind of gold anytime soon.
Not this year. Maybe next if Pitino can reel in those recruits. As long as UK or UL does well I'll be a happy man.
Ballers Wrote:Either way, your Cards won't be tasting any kind of gold anytime soon.

I hear gold is inedible anyways.
I'm sure they don't want to taste it.
Bad joke....sorry lol
Aslan Wrote:Not this year. Maybe next if Pitino can reel in those recruits. As long as UK or UL does well I'll be a happy man.

What a coincidence Aslan, posted a new thread about UL just for you pal-io!
Thanks mate.
Aslan Wrote:I hate Duke but they really have a good chance at repeating. They return a good portion of there team. Without Kanter imo UK is not a title contender.

Cal has had some good teams @ Memphis and got deep into the playoffs with big men no better than Vargas.
I think they will be alright.
But like I have said before....
if your inside game is weak....
someone in the tournament is going to scout it out, lock down the perimeter, and make you take it inside.
You have to have a tough team physically and mentally that can do a little bit of everything.
And they need to shoot FTs well too...
ask coach Cal about that lol
^UK's whole team can shoot free throws?