Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much success will UK have this season if Kanter is ruled inelgible?
Say Enes Kanter doesn't see the court this upcoming season...What would your expectations of this years team be without him?
Elite 8 or sweet 16. Definitley a winning record still.
With Enes, UK = Champs Big Grin
Ballers Wrote:Elite 8 or sweet 16. Definitley a winning record still.
With Enes, UK = Champs Big Grin

I agree....I think without Kanter we are a top 25 team but no real threat for a national title...With Kanter I think we are a contender.
It doesnt take a super team to win a championship. It takes team chemistry and talent. Lesser teams have won championships. why couldnt UK.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It doesnt take a super team to win a championship. It takes team chemistry and talent. Lesser teams have won championships. why couldnt UK.

You do make a point...You would see a lot more of the DDM
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It doesnt take a super team to win a championship. It takes team chemistry and talent. Lesser teams have won championships. why couldnt UK.

:Thumbs: Awesome post Wildcat.
I think we will have alot of success. :Thumbs:
I think they're a title contender either way...
but you have to have a good big man to go really deep in the tourney.
If you are soft in the middle, someone will exploit it and you'll need to change your gameplan....
and we all saw how good Cal was at changing gameplans in the WVU game lol
Win 25 games in the regular season, make it to Sweet 16 or elite 8.
Anyone have any new news on Kanter?
Hard to tell. UNC had some talented classes the last 2 years but they didn't even make the tournament last year. Cal seems to get great talent to mesh together in a short period of time. I predict UK wins the SEC and finishes in the sweet 16. IMO a team like this has a potential final four run in them because they will be able too shoot the ball better from the arc and the free throw line than last years group. But they will need Kanter to make a run like that, he's such a great talent.
^ They don't call Doron Lamb "buckets" for nothing..
Ballers Wrote:^ They don't call Doron Lamb "buckets" for nothing..

Doron Lamb is replaceable....
Kanter isn't
Kanter would be like losing Cousins last year, it will have a dramatic impact down the stretch of the season. Last year, Cousins play was what won basketball games for UK and Wall could not have done it without Cousins. I foresee similar issues for UK if one of the other big men can't step up. But with it being September, c'mon guys, let it go and let the season have a chance to unfold. I think UK will be just fine. I think there are others that can step their game up and be just as positive of a factor. I'm not worried about what Kanter can or cannot do. If he was to go down with a knee injury in October, someone else would have to step up anyhow. I'm not too worried whether Kanter is eligible or not.
I agree with most of the posts on here, if Kanter is eligible, this makes Kentucky one of the top teams in the Nation, without Kanter, we're in the top 15... Not saying that it's not possible to make a final 4, but without a legitimate center and someone that can produce the way that Kanter can and change the game in the lane, will be difficult. With that said, I think if he's ineligible, then you will see a true DDM offense from Coach Cal, but you better not have any significant injuries to Jones, Knight, Liggins, Miller, Lamb or Vargas
Elite 8 or sweet 16, they will have a chance.
zaga_fan Wrote:Doron Lamb is replaceable....
Kanter isn't

Oh really?
With who might I ask? Hood? :zzz:
Ballers Wrote:Oh really?
With who might I ask? Hood? :zzz:

UK's lottery pick...
Darius Miller
With Kanter, who will average a double/double, we should win the SEC and if this team can reach its potential maybe a national title(if we don't play Huggins). Without we are a top 20 team who will play very fast and be fun to watch, but if we don't shoot the ball well there will be 8 to 12 bad nights. Come March Madness maybe a sweet sixteen, but anything can happen
zaga_fan Wrote:UK's lottery pick...
Darius Miller

oh wow :lmao:
^ I'd like to see you play him one on one.. Wonder what would happen.. hmm.
My guess is, his sack would be sitting on your shoulders most of the time.. Big Grin
Ballers Wrote:^ I'd like to see you play him one on one.. Wonder what would happen.. hmm.
My guess is, his sack would be sitting on your shoulders most of the time.. Big Grin

I'd like to see him play a lottery pick one on one Wink
^ Me too. Would be an epic battle.
^ I'd like to play him in a spelling bee, as you call it, my sack would be sitting on his lipps. How did we get to this point in the thread???
Stardust Wrote:^ I'd like to play him in a spelling bee, as you call it, my sack would be sitting on his lipps. How did we get to this point in the thread???

Probably because of my post about Miller lol
Miller will NOT be a lottery pick. I don't see how even some crazed UK fans see that.
Ballers Wrote:^ I'd like to see you play him one on one.. Wonder what would happen.. hmm.

The same thing that would happen to all of us on here lol.
Aslan Wrote:Miller will NOT be a lottery pick. I don't see how even some crazed UK fans see that.

Aslan...
I've got a guy sitting behind me at work telling me this...

1.)Last year UK could have beaten some NBA teams, and definitely the Nets.
He said it was a fact after looking up the stats.
2.) John Wall will be the best guard(not just PG) in the NBA as soon as he picks up his shot because of how fast he is, his passing, and this guys says John Wall could post-up Kobe.
Goodnight.
zaga_fan Wrote:Aslan...
I've got a guy sitting behind me at work telling me this...

1.)Last year UK could have beaten some NBA teams, and definitely the Nets.
He said it was a fact after looking up the stats.

2.) John Wall will be the best guard(not just PG) in the NBA as soon as he picks up his shot because of how fast he is, his passing, and this guys says John Wall could post-up Kobe.

This is truly ignorant that people really think this. Then South Carolina was better than some NBA teams, PLEASE!