Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Runs the fastest 40 in the Mountains?!?
smoke_on1 Wrote::thatsfunnIf KP Skyles runs a 4.44 40 he must really lose alot of speed after that cos if can recall him not placeing in the top 3 100 and 200 meters reagion track meet..u think a kid that ran a 4.44 40 wld place but if he does run that then jj jude must run a 4.2 40

Ok..First of all. You can be quick but not fast. Just cause anyone runs a 4.3-4.4 40 doesn't mean they keep picking up speed as they go. A player might be a top speed at the 10 yrd mark, while others pick up speed throughout the entire race. So a fast 40yd time doesn't mean fast 100m time.

Secondly, if there is anyone in highschool mountian football who is a legit 4.3-4.4 forty on the field (w/pads)..I have to freak'n see it to beleive it!!!!:notworthy
Nasty Wrote:Ok..First of all. You can be quick but not fast. Just cause anyone runs a 4.3-4.4 40 doesn't mean they keep picking up speed as they go. A player might be a top speed at the 10 yrd mark, while others pick up speed throughout the entire race. So a fast 40yd time doesn't mean fast 100m time.

Secondly, if there is anyone in highschool mountian football who is a legit 4.3-4.4 forty on the field (w/pads)..I have to freak'n see it to beleive it!!!!:notworthy

I agree 100% with this. I would be amazed to see someone from the mountains run a legit 4.3-4.4 forty in pads.
J.J. Jude is a great high school back, however he is not all the fast. That is not a knock, but that is just the truth. Skyles is pretty fast, but let's remember that football speed is totally different than shirts and shorts speed. BTW, to answer the question, David Jones still runs the fastest 40 in the mountains!!!:biggrin:
seen alot of talk about robbins from bell county from a few yrs ago along with david jones who ended up at uk but the fastest rb i have seen in person the past 20yrs would be urkie witherspoon from middlesboro. had a offer from penn st but didnt qualify grade wise. believe he graduated in 95 or 94.. this yr i out of the kids i have seen i would give it to davenport. still witherspoon would pull away from him
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Hmmm...touchy, touchy, no really to offend anyone so on the note I say sorry.

Don't buy your story. Sorry Card.
Western ky. football is basically irrelevant to the rest of the state.
You just wanted some air time. Now you had your five minutes of fame so you should be happy now. Please keep us posted on some of your powerhouses programs in the western part and we'll see how well those powerhouses do in the state. I'll give your team props but after them, not many more teams would I give a second thought to.
easyM Wrote:Don't buy your story. Sorry Card.
Western ky. football is basically irrelevant to the rest of the state.
You just wanted some air time. Now you had your five minutes of fame so you should be happy now. Please keep us posted on some of your powerhouses programs in the western part and we'll see how well those powerhouses do in the state. I'll give your team props but after them, not many more teams would I give a second thought to.

I'll give Paducah T. props too.
From now on,if you know what you're talking about please share with the rest of us, but if you decide to come out with another dumb statement, just pm to all of your western ky posters.
devildawh20 Wrote:seen alot of talk about robbins from bell county from a few yrs ago along with david jones who ended up at uk but the fastest rb i have seen in person the past 20yrs would be urkie witherspoon from middlesboro. had a offer from penn st but didnt qualify grade wise. believe he graduated in 95 or 94.. this yr i out of the kids i have seen i would give it to davenport. still witherspoon would pull away from him

Are you tailgating with us on Friday?
matt raines was amazingly fast and there was a kid from either harlan County or harlan was just as fast and one time even beat him. These 2 were the fastest i PERSONALLY ever seen at the track. dont have their times maybe someone else does?
strawshaker Wrote:matt raines was amazingly fast and there was a kid from either harlan County or harlan was just as fast and one time even beat him. These 2 were the fastest i PERSONALLY ever seen at the track. dont have their times maybe someone else does?
Matt Raines can sure run fast on a shovel pass... Bell vs Knox 08; regional championship lost by Knox to Bell thanks to Mr. Raines and this cute little play with a couple minutes to go and Knox winning... Thanks for the memories.
yea he is david jones bro
BHSfootball Wrote:yea he is david jones bro

half brother actually.
belfry has a freshman who i can,t wait till track season to see if what i am thinking is true. and its not sani warren or trinty carr. its justin johnson.and if pruitt can out run him i promise it would be by a chest hair so becareful what u say because we can do the run anytime u want.
Matthew Taylor from Corbin is has very good football speed I don't know any times on him but he just seems to have that little spurt when he needs it.
But since everyone seems to be reminiscing Caleb Watkins that graduated last year at Corbin and is at EKU now was probably one the fastest if not the fastest to ever wear the RED and WHITE no one can deny he was special I know he had some exceptional times around 4.4 or somewhere close to that at UK's camps