Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Runs the fastest 40 in the Mountains?!?
WildDawg Wrote:Shawn Robbins has the Bell County record in the 100 meter dash running a 11.11. Cory and Cody Davenport are very close in speed. Their 100m yard dash is similar. Cory Davenport has run a personal best 11.44 while Cody has run a 11.50. JJ Jude of Johnson Central has run a personal best of 11.12

Not trying to knock either, but for a 100m that ain't great. It's a solid time, but I'd say there is kids running 10's for sure.
I would bet my bottom dollar that there are kids in the mtns that top that easily.
At the least, probably 10.90's.
All I know is I will take Cory Davenport over ANY RB in the Mtns and most in the State. For the ones who have played against him you know how quick he is. All I say is good luck at catching him if he gets past the line of scrimmage.

37 carries for 575 yards and 9 TD's. 15.5 yards per carry
5 receptions for 70 yards and 2 TD's. 14 yards per catch

The kid only plays about 2.3 quarters a game this year.

Just against a Great Johnson Central team he had 181 yards on 17 carries and 2 TD's. 10.6 yards per carry in this game.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Most easterners are slow, to improve times start time the boys as they run down one of those mountains you all have over there
Not sure if you were trying to be funny - if so your humor is in poor taste. If you weren't trying to be funny and you are serious; your stereotyped idea of what represents a person from Eastern Kentucky is erroneous on all levels. Athletics accomplishments, academic achievement, and unlike your comma spliced sentence - grammatical accuracy are the norm in the mountains now and not the exception. So take your outdated ideas about what and who lives on the Eastern side of this state and shove them in that dark spot in your head next to your brain since clearly there is plenty of space there...
jed Wrote:reid from Clay 4.43 on the laser
Hooker ran 4.4 on laser prior to his injury, probably not as fast now
Canady best time is 4.6 per Knox assistant

Reid from Clay was a 4.43 hand held at U.K Camp( Invite only )
Hooker from Clay at U.K ran 4.61 (invite only)
Canady from K-N-O-X at EKU 4.56 ( invite only) not sure of time at U.K.

My step-son was at both these camps and I was curious what these Mtn boys ran. No they may not be 4.2, but as I said before these boys are BIG and FAST.
Football1 Wrote:Not sure if you were trying to be funny - if so your humor is in poor taste. If you weren't trying to be funny and you are serious; your stereotyped idea of what represents a person from Eastern Kentucky is erroneous on all levels. Athletics accomplishments, academic achievement, and unlike your comma spliced sentence - grammatical accuracy are the norm in the mountains now and not the exception. So take your outdated ideas about what and who lives on the Eastern side of this state and shove them in that dark spot in your head next to your brain since clearly there is plenty of space there...

:Clap: :igiveup:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Most easterners are slow, to improve times start time the boys as they run down one of those mountains you all have over there
If I was a mod you could take a permanent vacation from BGR. GTFO.
mayfield?did someone say mayfield? THE SPEED CAPITAL OF KY?:zzz::zzz:
I have been attending football camps (and bball for the last 30 yrs) The Bannister kid who played at EKU was the fastest I can remember. He had all the coaches talking about that for yrs. Not sure if it was sub 4.3 or not. The name I have heard most in camps is the Davenport kid from Breathitt Co. in the East and the receiver from PT a couple yrs back out west. And almost forgot Craig Yeast. Yeast was definitely at the top of almost all list with his 40 time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cardinals Rule123 Wrote:I have been attending football camps (and bball for the last 30 yrs) The Bannister kid who played at EKU was the fastest I can remember. He had all the coaches talking about that for yrs. Not sure if it was sub 4.3 or not. The name I have heard most in camps is the Davenport kid from Breathitt Co. in the East and the receiver from PT a couple yrs back out west. And almost forgot Craig Yeast. Yeast was definitely at the top of almost all list with his 40 time!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean Davenport from Bell Co?
Ballers Wrote:Not trying to knock either, but for a 100m that ain't great. It's a solid time, but I'd say there is kids running 10's for sure.
I would bet my bottom dollar that there are kids in the mtns that top that easily.
At the least, probably 10.90's.

I respectfully disagree. Cory and Cody Davenport run a 11.44 and 11.50 as a Sophomore. That's a VERY solid 100m time for their age. JJ Jude's time is VERY good for a high school kid. Of course you can find someone statewide that probably runs a little faster but there won't be many. You won't find many faster than Jude in the 100m. For once I can agree with BellCoBobcats09 on something, I would take Davenport on my team any day. Kid has a ton of talent. JJ Jude is on the same level and equally impressive. These two kids stand alone as the top rushers (and fastest) in the mountains. As for Skyles, it sounds like he has the same speed and the strength to go along with it. It's just hard to gauge what he is capable of because Sheldon Clark doesn't run a offense that showcases his skills. They need to open it up for him and get him in open field more often. http://ky.milesplit.com/teams/jcent/performances
Here is a website listing stats for several teams. Take a look at Jude and see how many people you can find faster than him in the 100m dash.
WildDawg Wrote:I respectfully disagree. Cory and Cody Davenport run a 11.44 and 11.50 as a Sophomore. That's a VERY solid 100m time for their age. JJ Jude's time is VERY good for a high school kid. Of course you can find someone statewide that probably runs a little faster but there won't be many. You won't find many faster than Jude in the 100m. For once I can agree with BellCoBobcats09 on something, I would take Davenport on my team any day. Kid has a ton of talent. JJ Jude is on the same level and equally impressive. These two kids stand alone as the top rushers (and fastest) in the mountains. As for Skyles, it sounds like he has the same speed and the strength to go along with it. It's just hard to gauge what he is capable of because Sheldon Clark doesn't run a offense that showcases his skills. They need to open it up for him and get him in open field more often. http://ky.milesplit.com/teams/jcent/performances
Here is a website listing stats for several teams. Take a look at Jude and see how many people you can find faster than him in the 100m dash.

"As for Skyles, it sounds like he has the same speed and the strength to go along with it. It's just hard to gauge what he is capable of because Sheldon Clark doesn't run a offense that showcases his skills. They need to open it up for him and get him in open field more often."

Yes, this is so true! Sheldon Clark's offense is not conducive to a back with Skyles' skills. He is probably the most underrated back in Eastern KY. Last season, as a sophomore, he was plagued with injuries and missed an awful lot of offense. I think he miss five (5) complete games, and was definitely under par a three or four others.

Let's hope and pray that things "open up" more going forward this season.
Football1 Wrote:Not sure if you were trying to be funny - if so your humor is in poor taste. If you weren't trying to be funny and you are serious; your stereotyped idea of what represents a person from Eastern Kentucky is erroneous on all levels. Athletics accomplishments, academic achievement, and unlike your comma spliced sentence - grammatical accuracy are the norm in the mountains now and not the exception. So take your outdated ideas about what and who lives on the Eastern side of this state and shove them in that dark spot in your head next to your brain since clearly there is plenty of space there...

Hmmm...touchy, touchy, no really to offend anyone so on the note I say sorry.
Football1 Wrote:I don't doubt Davenports speed either. Chad Merida was the combine king at some large Nike event in Columbus OH (graduated from Knox in 09) and there ran a sub 4.5 time and Davenport is as fast or faster than him at track events.

Jeffery Candady won several combines this year and was the top rated reciever at the OU combine for Top 100 NUC invitees. His time there was just over 4.5.

I get the point of this post that VERY few kids really run sub 4.5s. I took my son to a combine in ATL where 200 kids ran and only 3 broke that - one was son of NFL RB. The flip side of that coin is YES some kids really do it and still never end up in D1 football. Too many other factors at play.

Cory was the combine king in Atlanta at the Rivals.com Ultimate 100 National Underclassmen combine as a freshman in '08
Cardinals Rule123 Wrote:I have been attending football camps (and bball for the last 30 yrs) The Bannister kid who played at EKU was the fastest I can remember. He had all the coaches talking about that for yrs. Not sure if it was sub 4.3 or not. The name I have heard most in camps is the Davenport kid from Breathitt Co. in the East and the receiver from PT a couple yrs back out west. And almost forgot Craig Yeast. Yeast was definitely at the top of almost all list with his 40 time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Bannister ran a 4.22 for some NFL scouts on EKU's campus. He also ran a 4.35 at the Blue Gray All Star Game the same year.
OH Napier from Bloody Breathitt runs the fastest 40 in the mountains... by far. Not even a contest.:1:
roots rod Wrote:KP Skyles of Sheldon Clark, runs a 4.44 forty (Marshall University camp in june ) 4.21 shuttle (nuc in ind. midwest regional) benches 350lbs, squats 450lbs, cleans 250lbs, and verticle 28.5 in. He has run a 4.42 at another combine in N.C. KP is 5'8'' and 180lbs and plays rb and lb.

:thatsfunnIf KP Skyles runs a 4.44 40 he must really lose alot of speed after that cos if can recall him not placeing in the top 3 100 and 200 meters reagion track meet..u think a kid that ran a 4.44 40 wld place but if he does run that then jj jude must run a 4.2 40
Panther Thunder Wrote:If I was a mod you could take a permanent vacation from BGR. GTFO.

I agree. If Hazard gets to play Mayfield this year he will see speed.
roots rod Wrote:KP Skyles of Sheldon Clark, runs a 4.44 forty (Marshall University camp in june ) 4.21 shuttle (nuc in ind. midwest regional) benches 350lbs, squats 450lbs, cleans 250lbs, and verticle 28.5 in. He has run a 4.42 at another combine in N.C. KP is 5'8'' and 180lbs and plays rb and lb.

minuteman6006 Wrote:Skyles - Sheldon Clark
he is really fast and and a gr8 back

kp is a big strong kid but ppl talk like he is the best rb to go threw sc..i hate to say but he's not even the best rb on that team..a-ray is there best player..look what he has done and compare it to what kp has done..
Jeffree Pruitt from belfry runs a 4.37-4.41...

Your posts are breaking 4.4 speed with diarrhea of the mouth.
smoke_on1 Wrote:kp is a big strong kid but ppl talk like he is the best rb to go threw sc..i hate to say but he's not even the best rb on that team..a-ray is there best player..look what he has done and compare it to what kp has done..
ok what is it I'm looking at? yards, tds, because kp leads in both! But avery is a good back also and wish them both the best.
Football1 Wrote:(REGARDING THE COOL PIC OF DAVENPORT JUMPING A DEFENDER)

Geez, no wonder he had to hurdle the kid. Look at those 3 Bell boys just standing around watching the action. Don't they have a blocking sled up there on Log Mountain? Teach them boys to put a shoulder on somebody already so your RB can stop being forced to use illegal tactics to get a yard!

Funnies aside, I love this pic. Reminds me of myself back in the day. I was the one not blocking... LOL.

well one of the kids standing is the qb and he already did his job...the other being the fullback who had just got up from making a block and 9 is the tight end and hew did his job or cory wouldnt have been 15 yeards down feild...

and i dont think it should be a infraction b.c the kid was in open feild trying to tackle one of the best running backs in the state by his ankle that a NO No on his part anyway..:flame:TongueirateSho:thatsfunn:HitWall:
BHSfootball Wrote:Jeffree Pruitt from belfry runs a 4.37-4.41...

I'm sorry, but if that were true D1 college coaches would be all over this kid.

Pruitt may be fast to most of us, but he isn't as fast as many of you may think. Only a handful of players in EKY run a legit 4.6, if that. I'm not saying Pruitt doesn't, but I seriously doubt he runs a legit 4.4.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Hmmm...touchy, touchy, no really to offend anyone so on the note I say sorry.

To be clear - if you make disparaging remarks that are intentionally designed to offend; offense will be taken. Maybe you should stick to reading posts if that is the best you can do.
smoke_on1 Wrote:kp is a big strong kid but ppl talk like he is the best rb to go threw sc..i hate to say but he's not even the best rb on that team..a-ray is there best player..look what he has done and compare it to what kp has done..

I haven't heard anyone say he is the best rb to go through the school. He is just the best combination of strength and speed to come through the school. Kelly and Dials were both better rb but neither had this kind of speed. Stafford and Moe were strong and fast but not quite as fast as KP. Weaver was explosive and quick but not as strong. However I would put all five of them ahead of KP at this point int he game. He is used as a secondary back this year. Mainly just for dives. However this is the best chance SC has had to make a run for State. Belfry is slightly down (I think they will win the district), no Rockcastle, and no Highlands. Plus they have alot of talent spread throughout the team. After this Year they won't have a chance.
Gotta be the bootleggers. They always out run Johnny Law! (My attempt at humor):biggrin:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm sorry, but if that were true D1 college coaches would be all over this kid.

Pruitt may be fast to most of us, but he isn't as fast as many of you may think. Only a handful of players in EKY run a legit 4.6, if that. I'm not saying Pruitt doesn't, but I seriously doubt he runs a legit 4.4.

BCA... he HAS ran this time.... Generally, he is around a 4.5 but at different times, his times are varying.... There are also a couple more that run in and around a 4.6 or a tad bit higher such as 4.64 or so or 4.57, their times vary as well....... This kid (Pruitt) played for a team that doesn't seem to have scouts climbing the fence to get to them nor did they report any stats.... You gotta have a decent coach willing to put forth a little more effort to help you out if you want to be able to go to college on a football scholarship.... Now, however, after moving and playing for Belfry, he is being seen more and like many other school here locally, has the backing of preparing a film to send to colleges for the future!! Smile
:Thumbs:

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
BHSfootball Wrote:Jeffree Pruitt from belfry runs a 4.37-4.41...

Isn't that David Jones' brother?
Get a chance to see Mayfield or Paducah Tilghman play. You will see not only individual speed but withering team speed.
Def. Cory Davenport