Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Runs the fastest 40 in the Mountains?!?
(REGARDING THE COOL PIC OF DAVENPORT JUMPING A DEFENDER)

Norm Peterson Wrote:Great pic. However, it should have been a penalty against Bell County. Any player that hurdles another player that has at least one foot on the ground has committed an infraction. Still a cool pic.
Geez, no wonder he had to hurdle the kid. Look at those 3 Bell boys just standing around watching the action. Don't they have a blocking sled up there on Log Mountain? Teach them boys to put a shoulder on somebody already so your RB can stop being forced to use illegal tactics to get a yard!

Funnies aside, I love this pic. Reminds me of myself back in the day. I was the one not blocking... LOL.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Football speed is not always the same as track speed. So the fastest doesnt always mean youre the best RB, you also need a good O-line

The fastest players that I know of are

Corey Davenport - Bell Co.
Tim Smith - Shelby Valley
JJ Jude - Johnson Central
Skyles - Sheldon Clark
As sophmores Skyles and Davenport both attended the NUCFOOTBALL combines where both were timed Skyles lasered at 4.52 and Davenport at 4.51 ,so the claims of 4.4 are very real considering a good hand timer will be .05 seconds to .1 seconds faster than an electronic timer. This plus the fact both are a year older. Jude runs in the 4.6 range ,but JJ gets faster after the 40, look at his 100m times and you will see.I do not know the Smith kid . Skyles and Davenport are the only two in Eky that are legite sub 4.5.:Thumbs::Thumbs:
You would think JV Hooker ran sub 4.5. Does anyone know his time? That kid is fast.
i doubt barry sanders ever broke 4.5 but he could play for me.a lot of football type speed depends on lateral {side to side} and first step speed.that being said if im throwing deep give me a track guy with hands?
http://fxfeeds.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/livebookmarks/

Here is a link to Marshall University Football's Record Board. Randy Moss is listed as the all time record holder in the 40 yard dash at 4.24. Is that possible?
Westside Wrote:http://fxfeeds.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/livebookmarks/

Here is a link to Marshall University Football's Record Board. Randy Moss is listed as the all time record holder in the 40 yard dash at 4.24. Is that possible?

Im thinking Derrick Locke ran a 4.21 before he tore his acl.
http://herdzone.cstv.com/ot/mars-strength-records.html

I'll try the link again.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Was that laser timed or hand timed? And I'd like to see where it was recorded.

Laser timed in Atlanta's top 100 in 2009.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Im thinking Derrick Locke ran a 4.21 before he tore his acl.

I'm sorry. I should have said school record.
Madon --Bell Co. 4.6 wt.193 Sr.

Davenport--Bell Co. 4.4 wt.175 Jr.

Reid --Clay Co. 4.4 wt. 190 Sr.

Hooker -- Clay Co. 4.5 wt. 170 Sr.

Canady --Knox Central 4.5 wt. 197 Soph.

Jude -- Johnson Central 4.4 wt. 194 Jr.

Size and Speed you either have it or you don't, I think they have it don't you...this is why they are getting looks by D-1 Schools.. I would like to have them on my team we would be the Best 2a in State LOL..........:Cheerlead
The only kids I would think legitimately run a sub 4.5 laser timed 40 in the mountains are Davenport and the Canady kid from Kox Central.

Syles, Jude, and a handful others would probably be in the 4.55-4.65 range on a laser and be right around a 4.5 hand timed.

To this day the only mountain player in recent years who I think would legitimately run a sub 4.4 40 is David Jones.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The only kids I would think legitimately run a sub 4.5 laser timed 40 in the mountains are Davenport and the Canady kid from Kox Central.

Syles, Jude, and a handful others would probably be in the 4.55-4.65 range on a laser and be right around a 4.5 hand timed.

To this day the only mountain player in recent years who I think would legitimately run a sub 4.4 40 is David Jones.

All I know is these guys are Big and fast....They are faster than my 6.5 40 time LOL..............:lmao:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The only kids I would think legitimately run a sub 4.5 laser timed 40 in the mountains are Davenport and the Canady kid from Kox Central.

That boy could FLY!

I don't know what the kid's time was in the 40 but Shawn Robbins from Bell back in 04 could flat fly. I say he was near a legit 4.4
I'm not for sure if any seen him run and not even sure what his time was. I know this, when he broke through no one was catching him....
Jeffree Pruitt (Belfry)

4.48 - Laser Timed in Atlanta, GA.
I'm not directing this at anyone on here, but sub 4.5 forty yard dashes are like 400 pound bench press and 600 pond squats on the hs level. You always hear about them but hardly ever see a legit one. When I was in hs we had a player do a max squat of 405 with two people holding the bar on his back for him while he used his hands to push up off his knees. He still didn't hit anywhere near parallel. I also say many bench/deadlifts if you know what I mean.
BelfryPirates Wrote:Jeffree Pruitt (Belfry)

4.48 - Laser Timed in Atlanta, GA.

If David Jones is still helping the team out you should get him to race Jeffree Pruitt.
roots rod Wrote:KP Skyles of Sheldon Clark, runs a 4.44 forty (Marshall University camp in june ) 4.21 shuttle (nuc in ind. midwest regional) benches 350lbs, squats 450lbs, cleans 250lbs, and verticle 28.5 in. He has run a 4.42 at another combine in N.C. KP is 5'8'' and 180lbs and plays rb and lb.

Where does he keep his cape?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:

If so, # 24 runs a 4.45.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Do you think they would announce his 40 time twice this year on TV without knowing the truth? :biggrin:

Shoot no....there's never ever been a case of any TV station or newspaper reporting less than 100% facts.
HD28 Wrote:Where does he keep his cape?

In coach DOC Holliday's office, lol! All these times and weights are legit just look at nucfootball.com , KP has won several fastest man awards and strongest man awards at the combine events, it's hard to show the speed in coach Hagers offense of ground and pound up the middle. The reference to coach Holliday is KP has stated he wants to play for him at Marshall. I wish him luck as with all the players mentioned.:rockon:
Farmer ted's mule runs the fastest 40 in the mountains. Who cares!
Skyles - Sheldon Clark
he is really fast and and a gr8 back
easyM Wrote:I don't know what the kid's time was in the 40 but Shawn Robbins from Bell back in 04 could flat fly. I say he was near a legit 4.4
I'm not for sure if any seen him run and not even sure what his time was. I know this, when he broke through no one was catching him....

Robbins could fly, but I think 4.4 on a laser would be a stretch. Hand timed 4.4 I could see, but on a laser he would be right around 4.5 IMO.

The impressive thing about Robbins was his acceleration. He could get to top speed in a hurry.
Davenport ran track this year for Bell Co. It was ashame he got injured right before the Regionals. You would had seen him at State too.

Skyles lasered at 4.52 his sophmore year and hand timed at a 4.44 by Marshall coach Bill Legg the OC this past june, so you are close on the assumption, although Canaday would be 4.5 hand timed and Jude is in 4.6 range. Still these times are extremely fast.
Josh Fletcher must run at least 4.3 if KP Skyles runs 4.4 cause he ran him down two different times when SC played Breathitt,just saying.Brandon Pelfrey also caught him from behind.Maybe Skyles was injured or just having a bad night.
There was some dude from EKU that ran a 4.2 in the NFL Combine back in 1999
Jude ran a in the mid 4.5's at a UK camp this summer.
cavery59 Wrote:There was some dude from EKU that ran a 4.2 in the NFL Combine back in 1999

It is a fact, I remember watching this guy play and all the hype surrounding him. I'm not sure of his name, but he was drafted by the Seahawks I believe and I don't think he's around anymore.