Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
80.95%
Rockcastle County
19.05%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co @ Rockcastle Co 9/24
LWC Wrote:I hope that was not a put down :devilflam :redboxer:

Why Would that be a put down??? If you had to play against him, from two years, going into your junior year it was pleasant knowing he wasn't gonna be on the field
tehot05 Wrote:Why Would that be a put down??? If you had to play against him, from two years, going into your junior year it was pleasant knowing he wasn't gonna be on the field

Sorry, as a Rock fan, you get use to hearing all the stuff about his grades and how he was "not smart enough to go to play college football" etc...

That is why I asked. No offense taken.
LWC Wrote:Sorry, as a Rock fan, you get use to hearing all the stuff about his grades and how he was "not smart enough to go to play college football" etc...

All I know about the kid is, you couldn't make him quit. I never seen him take one play off. Run, run, and run more. I don't care what uniform he has on, anybody will respect a kid like that....
LWC Wrote:Sorry, as a Rock fan, you get use to hearing all the stuff about his grades and how he was "not smart enough to go to play college football" etc...

naw its all good!!:Thumbs: easyM is 100% correct about him, and if there's any Bell fans that dont respect it, well they just dont know much about the X's and O's..
who is the best player to ever play at Bell in your opinions?
former Wrote:who is the best player to ever play at Bell in your opinions?

I couldn't even begin to answer that one. I could name some of the most gifted athletes to play on the Mountain but I couldn't give you one certain player as to say he is the best to play up there. Way too many to choose from.
LWC Wrote:I wish! Can we arrange that? Put Marty at corner and Brad on the line! woo hoo!

Marty at corner would be fine as long as Bell doesn't suit up Jacob Tamme at receiver. :biggrin:

That was just a crazy height difference, lol. That is why Jacob is an NFL tight-end Big Grin

I know in 2002 when we played Rock we stacked 9 people in the box and put one of our toughest kid at safety and told him to tackle Marty where ever he went on the field along with every other player to tackle him when ever he came near them. Did that effect coach larkey or marty? No, larkey kept calling rheagans number and he kept running the ball. Unbelievably tough and strong kid who never, ever took a play off and never ever came off the field. Was on every special team and played a heck of a corner position.
easyM Wrote:All I know about the kid is, you couldn't make him quit. I never seen him take one play off. Run, run, and run more. I don't care what uniform he has on, anybody will respect a kid like that....

I would agree with that wholeheartedly. Even in the losses to Boyle, the kid never quit. :Thumbs:

As to college, I figured he was too small to play except in a Division III kind of setting.
easyM Wrote:I couldn't even begin to answer that one. I could name some of the most gifted athletes to play on the Mountain but I couldn't give you one certain player as to say he is the best to play up there. Way too many to choose from.

:Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Marty at corner would be fine as long as Bell doesn't suit up Jacob Tamme at receiver. :biggrin:

Bell could never get Tamme from Boyle this year. They really need him come the end of the year....Glad you could join in on another Bell thread and bring up your rebs. You just can't help it can you? Deprived of attention I think.:lmao:
former Wrote:who is the best player to ever play at Bell in your opinions?

No you Couldnt just pick one stand out player at Bell...

but if i had to build one player as far as talent and a leader i would proably pick either Trey Harbin or Brent Barton..
what happened to the MLB in the mid 2000's that went to auburn
former Wrote:what happened to the MLB in the mid 2000's that went to auburn

He is at UT now after transfering. Probably 1 of the more gifted athletes but not the best player.

Bell is such a team program it is hard to name "best player."

When Reagan was running strong they also had some pretty darn good OL and FB's leading the way.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:He is at UT now after transfering. Probably 1 of the more gifted athletes but not the best player.

Bell is such a team program it is hard to name "best player."

When Reagan was running strong they also had some pretty darn good OL and FB's leading the way.

well right now we have a good FB in John L Saylor, a top 50 Jr class off lineman and a top 50 RB (ROWE)in Jr class. So what is our problem that we cant move it like we used to
former Wrote:well right now we have a good FB in John L Saylor, a top 50 Jr class off lineman and a top 50 RB (ROWE)in Jr class. So what is our problem that we cant move it like we used to

I think it's just like it would be with any other team, you have years that the number of solid players are at a minimum. Those two are both good players, but they need more than that. Bell has been fortunate the last several years because the talent came in groups, not individuals. But, you also have to give Bell's coaching staff a lot of credit too. They work hard at what they do and they know what they're doing.
former Wrote:well right now we have a good FB in John L Saylor, a top 50 Jr class off lineman and a top 50 RB (ROWE)in Jr class. So what is our problem that we cant move it like we used to

A man Reagan is like a Shawn Robbins, Cory Davenport, and a Casey Earls.. only come once every 7yrs or so...

(running backs that are just hard to come by, i would even consider these as great high school football players.. and thats like Ryan Collett (Bells Soph RB) If he was on another team i believe that he would be mentioned wit Cory as one of the top backs in the state.. But his time will come his senior yr...)
easyM Wrote:Bell could never get Tamme from Boyle this year. They really need him come the end of the year....Glad you could join in on another Bell thread and bring up your rebs. You just can't help it can you? Deprived of attention I think.:lmao:

I'm blushing. :biggrin:

Good Luck to you guys. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:I'm blushing. :biggrin:

Good Luck to you guys. :Thumbs:

Good Luck to you guys too! :Thumbs:
We have to keep an eye on you. Always wanting to steal our thunder. :1:
Shawn Robbins was a special player. Did him and Marty play at the same time?
LWC Wrote:Shawn Robbins was a special player. Did him and Marty play at the same time?

I'm thinking Shawn was a couple years ahead of Marty. I think....
easyM Wrote:I'm thinking Shawn was a couple years ahead of Marty. I think....

Those two were something to watch. Marty and Shawn Robbins, then Shawn Robbins and Dusty Miller, then the combo of Greer/Christopher vs. Dusty Miller, then Greer/Christopher vs Casey Hayes, then Hayes vs. Greer, and now it is Davenport vs. Rowe.

To make a long story short, it seems like these two schools are running back factories!
LWC Wrote:Those two were something to watch. Marty and Shawn Robbins, then Shawn Robbins and Dusty Miller, then the combo of Greer/Christopher vs. Dusty Miller, then Greer/Christopher vs Casey Hayes, then Hayes vs. Greer, and now it is Davenport vs. Rowe.

To make a long story short, it seems like these two schools are running back factories!

Bell Co has two more great backs coming up. Sophmore Collett and Freshman Polly. Collett is another speedy back people will become to know next year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co has two more great backs coming up. Sophmore Collett and Freshman Polly. Collett is another speedy back people will become to know next year.

Ryan Collett will be good. Rowe is only a Junior, so he will be back as well. I do not know how Rockcastle will end up using Reams, but he could be good as well. I think he will be moved to WR but he could be good. RockSolid69 could tell more but there is a Freshman QB with a cannon and a speedy little freshman or Sophomore coming up as well.

Bell will continue to be great and I think that next season, Rockcastle finally kicks out of the slump.
Who all from bell is going to make the trip to rock.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Who all from bell is going to make the trip to rock.

Not sure. Somebody said that George Jones was gonna be in to visit one of his favorite towns in Renfro Valley and that he may be giving the half time entertainment. If that is they case then I will probably attend. Otherwise the game itself will not be very entertaining to watch unless you are a follower of bell's JV.:yawn:
Log Mtn. Lane Wrote:Not sure. Somebody said that George Jones was gonna be in to visit one of his favorite towns in Renfro Valley and that he may be giving the half time entertainment. If that is they case then I will probably attend. Otherwise the game itself will not be very entertaining to watch unless you are a follower of bell's JV.:yawn:

Shoot another J.V. game agianst RoCK, surley this isnt gonna be the case!!!:blabbermo
tehot05 Wrote:Shoot another J.V. game agianst RoCK, surley this isnt gonna be the case!!!:blabbermo

I would imagine Wendy's will be full by half.
Log Mtn. Lane Wrote:I would imagine Wendy's will be full by half.

Whats up with you bell fans and wendy's
I think Rocket said something about Wendy's??????