Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence Co.
90.91%
East Ridge
9.09%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge vs. Lawrence County 9/10
LC will roll on to another easy W
East Ridge gets a taste of the running clock in this one, LC-66 ER-12
can you say weak,what grade school do you guys play this week lol, come on.if you dont score 75 on eastridge somethings wrong.go dawgs lol
The one thing that I do believe caught SV off guard was how physical LC was with them. LC came out and hit them in the mouth the entire first half and SV started to lay down and then the scoring started to roll from there.
cardfan1398 Wrote:can you say weak,what grade school do you guys play this week lol, come on.if you dont score 75 on eastridge somethings wrong.go dawgs lol

Let me guess you all dont play East Ridge this year either do you ... Well I will answer that for you wrong you do.. come on this whole schedule crap is old.. You know this schedule is from two years ago.. Get over it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Let me guess you all dont play East Ridge this year either do you ... Well I will answer that for you wrong you do.. come on this whole schedule crap is old.. You know this schedule is from two years ago.. Get over it.
:Thumbs:

Everyone wanted a piece of LC when they were down and now that the train is back on track everyone wants to make excuses.
Superman20 Wrote:that sounds like agood schedule. I would love to see lawrence and pburg play. I wish Johnson Central played LC. Imagine how good of games they would play against each other

there was a Great game between Lawrence Co and Johnson Central freshman teams this week with Lawrence performing pretty aggressively against Jc. Jc managed a last minute win 26 to 20. After watching this game I imagine a game between the 2 in the future might be pretty sweet!:flame:
bird_Dawg Wrote:there was a Great game between Lawrence Co and Johnson Central freshman teams this week with Lawrence performing pretty aggressively against Jc. Jc managed a last minute win 26 to 20. After watching this game I imagine a game between the 2 in the future might be pretty sweet!:flame:

That freshmen game could be the start of something great :rockon::rockon::popcorn:TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
cardfan1398 Wrote:can you say weak,what grade school do you guys play this week lol, come on.if you dont score 75 on eastridge somethings wrong.go dawgs lol
Well we are playing someone from your district, if that means that Sheldon Clark plays in the grade school league then thats your problem not LC's.:eyeroll:
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
CatDawg Wrote:Well we are playing someone from your district, if that means that Sheldon Clark plays in the grade school league then thats your problem not LC's.:eyeroll:

Should be a dandy when the Dawgs come into Inez.
Well I have read all the comments on this topic and I for chemas-microsoft-com[IMG]http://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ /> not going to sugar coat this. I get sick n tired of people always downing the Lawrence County Bulldogs, heck we should changes our name to the “underdogs” because that’s what we really are. From the mountains to the Tri-State area we never get any respect. We have had great teams and some bad teams, we gave dished out whooping and took a few too and we did not say one word about it. When we come out on Friday night there is one thing we have in mind…WINNING. It’s that simple, so which would be worse, a team that beats you bye 60 points or a team that runs out of bounds or takes a knee in the third quarter. Too me it would be more embarrassing to see a team trying to “stop scoring” than it would if they just played on. So yell there might be a day that we will be on the other side but you know what we will take it and go on….NOW THAT IS CLASS!!!!!
LC by 80 ....i hope!!!
StrayBullet Wrote::Thumbs:

Everyone wanted a piece of LC when they were down and now that the train is back on track everyone wants to make excuses.

Actually, LC is the one who scheduled this game. Not ER. They needed a game for 09 and it ended up a 2 year deal.

As for the kid from SC who made the smart remark about ER being a "grade school" You have a lot of class. Just saying lil man.
What kind of offensive schemes can we see out of ER?
Has ER or anyone else called during this off season to try to get LC to drop the game this year? I think not since they know this will at least be a regional opponent next year.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
CatDawg Wrote:Has ER or anyone else called during this off season to try to get LC to drop the game this year? I think not since they know this will at least be a regional opponent next year.

I know Coach wanted to drop them but couldnt get out of the contract, he wanted to pick up someone else but we see that didnt happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
StrayBullet Wrote:What kind of offensive schemes can we see out of ER?
Same thing as last year. straight T formation or the stacked I with the two up backs close to the QB and the deep back about 4 yards deeper then them two, its almost the same thing they ran last year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Our job on offense is to scored touchdowns, and your job on defense is to stop us. So with that being said we did our job better then what you did yours. LC could have scored well over 100 points if they wanted to,and if they wanted to run up the score they would have thrown on every down because there was 2 or 3 guys wide open on any play. Here is an idea teach your guys how to tackles, and play pass coverage. It's not our fault we weren't stopped play the next game. The point is you just ran into a well oiled machine tonight, and all this talk about weak schedule is a load of crap lol. We will play anyone,anytime,anywhere. Sorry that we have to play our district opponents. We scrimamged Prestonsburg last year who had a great team and we moved the ball on them quite easy.

My prediction for LC vs East Ridge

LC- 63

ER-14
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Our job on offense is to scored touchdowns, and your job on defense is to stop us. So with that being said we did our job better then what you did yours. LC could have scored well over 100 points if they wanted to,and if they wanted to run up the score they would have thrown on every down because there was 2 or 3 guys wide open on any play. Here is an idea teach your guys how to tackles, and play pass coverage. It's not our fault we weren't stopped play the next game. The point is you just ran into a well oiled machine tonight, and all this talk about weak schedule is a load of crap lol. We will play anyone,anytime,anywhere. Sorry that we have to play our district opponents. We scrimamged Prestonsburg last year who had a great team and we moved the ball on them quite easy.

My prediction for LC vs East Ridge

LC- 63

ER-14

I think ER might have a little more offensive power than SV but I am just purely guessing here. The one thing that people have to remember is that ER has to travel to Louisa and play in the Dawgpound. Should be a dandy Friday Night.
They may have a little more firepower on offense, but they still haven't seen a defense like ours yet either. Should be a tought test for the Warriors.
Lawrence County 44

East Ridge 13
Dawgs will break 50 again! Hopefully ER can score a little so Hunter can get more than 10 carries! I was just wondering how many carries JJ Jude is averaging? How many yards and TDs. would James have if he ,or Bently for that matter,got the ball as much as JJ? If they played for Chuke They would already have 1000! :blabbermo Oh I'm just kiddin around dont anybody accuse me of running up the score!!!TongueirateSho
Lc by 65.
East Ridge goes down hard. L.C. by 40.
Real Badman Wrote:I think your a little delusional, I never said I had a problem with them scoring. If your freshmen team can score on Valley's Varsity D, more power to you. My only problem was keeping the starters in for so long. Personally, I could care less if Lawrence scored 278 on Shelby Valley, as long as the JV did it.

I used to hear the same argument from Lexington Catholic's opponents and fans alike when Bob Sphire was still coaching our knights. But in his defense and in Lawrence Co.'s coach Sammon's... you can't get your team's offense in sync and properly prepared for their playoff run unless you get enough offensive snaps from your first string. Sphire's magic number was 24 snaps no matter what the score. Otherwise the Boyle Co.s and Lex Cath's of the 4A group will have a huge advantage.I agree that if LC scores 8 TDs in 8 plays that it seems unsportman like but its either get your team ready for what matters (playoffs) or appease all the critics who complain about running up the score. Choice seems simple to me.
If ER still runs the same offensive scheme as they did last year do they have an over-powering line than dominated SV up front?
knighted Wrote:I used to hear the same argument from Lexington Catholic's opponents and fans alike when Bob Sphire was still coaching our knights. But in his defense and in Lawrence Co.'s coach Sammon's... you can't get your team's offense in sync and properly prepared for their playoff run unless you get enough offensive snaps from your first string. Sphire's magic number was 24 snaps no matter what the score. Otherwise the Boyle Co.s and Lex Cath's of the 4A group will have a huge advantage.I agree that if LC scores 8 TDs in 8 plays that it seems unsportman like but its either get your team ready for what matters (playoffs) or appease all the critics who complain about running up the score. Choice seems simple to me.
Great post.
knighted Wrote:I used to hear the same argument from Lexington Catholic's opponents and fans alike when Bob Sphire was still coaching our knights. But in his defense and in Lawrence Co.'s coach Sammon's... you can't get your team's offense in sync and properly prepared for their playoff run unless you get enough offensive snaps from your first string. Sphire's magic number was 24 snaps no matter what the score. Otherwise the Boyle Co.s and Lex Cath's of the 4A group will have a huge advantage.I agree that if LC scores 8 TDs in 8 plays that it seems unsportman like but its either get your team ready for what matters (playoffs) or appease all the critics who complain about running up the score. Choice seems simple to me.

You make some good points. But like I said in the other thread. Id rather call my big dogs off, then have a few bye weeks next year.
It simply comes down to this being an early game in the season and the Varsity squad needing reps for games and conditioning later in the year.
Superman20 Wrote:LC will probably win by several td's, but I would love to see ER win it. LC's coach is the opposite of his fans, cause he has no class. Some of the nicest posters on here are from LC.

So you're telling me by scoring touchdowns (which is the purpose of the game) is showing no class?? To me, If I were a player, I would try my hardest and it give my all ever single down regardless of what the scoreboard says. Isn't that what we try to teach to the young?? I'm just curious.. :please: