Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge vs. Lawrence County 9/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Let's get ready for next week and talk it up.
Lawrence by 40
Lc 49
er 14
I'll take LC by 24.
Lawrence Co. Rolls!
has er improved any from last season?
LC by 4 TDs
Lawrence by 60.
L.C. is the clear favorite in this one, E.R.is an improved team, but L.C. is still ahead of them.
I'LL take lc with an impressive win!!
What kind of offense and scheme does ER bring to the table this fall?
LC will probably win by several td's, but I would love to see ER win it. LC's coach is the opposite of his fans, cause he has no class. Some of the nicest posters on here are from LC.
I do hope that everyone from ER can make it to Louisa this Friday Night. Should be a dandy of a game considering the trash talking between posters on here from each school. Cant wait till kickoff.
I just don't understand the running it up part on this game. LC actually throws for 3 TD's in this game, however, they stopped throwing early in the 3rd, they had a running clock midway threw the 3rd, they only score 1 time in the 4th and that was at the start of the 4th following SV turning the ball over at their own 26. If LC wanted to run it up they certainly could have added some more.
CatDawg Wrote:I just don't understand the running it up part on this game. LC actually throws for 3 TD's in this game, however, they stopped throwing early in the 3rd, they had a running clock midway threw the 3rd, they only score 1 time in the 4th and that was at the start of the 4th following SV turning the ball over at their own 26. If LC wanted to run it up they certainly could have added some more.

How long did the starters play?
Superman20 Wrote:LC will probably win by several td's, but I would love to see ER win it. LC's coach is the opposite of his fans, cause he has no class. Some of the nicest posters on here are from LC.

Coach Sammons is trying to prove a point. He knows these teams were playin arent very good. If it was ur coach he would have done the same thing. And the jv did go in mid way into the third quarter. I know because ima an LC Defensive starter.
Defiant Wrote:Coach Sammons is trying to prove a point. He knows these teams were playin arent very good. If it was ur coach he would have done the same thing. And the jv did go in mid way into the third quarter. I know because ima an LC Defensive starter.

I dont care what he was trying to do. He should have never had the starters in that long. As someone said the JV did go in late in the 3rd and made a few touchdowns. That IMO is not running up the score. If I was a kid and had a chance to score, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Noone can blame a kid for wanting to score. But Sammons shoulda had the JV in after halftime, thats my only fault with this.
I'm not sure when each and every starter got pulled but LC only scored 7 in the 4th and that was at the start of the 4th after getting the ball at SV 26 they RAN one play and scored. Like I said in another thread if LC pulled their starters as early as some would like the offensive starters would have averaged around 15 to 20 plays at the VERY MOST in these games. They have to get game experience to be anywhere near ready for Sheldon Clark, Rowan County and Greenup County not to mention the playoffs because the schedule as EVERYONE says won't get them ready. However, I think everyone thinks SC is a good team, Rowan County is 3-0 and Greenup just beat Russell and played Ashland very tough. So if Belfry plays Ashland tough they are just fine and going to go deep in the playoffs but if Greenup Co. does they are terrible and LC plays no one. GET A CLUE this is getting old.
Defiant Wrote:Coach Sammons is trying to prove a point. He knows these teams were playin arent very good. If it was ur coach he would have done the same thing. And the jv did go in mid way into the third quarter. I know because ima an LC Defensive starter.

I was told the starters were in midway through the 4th. Thats why Ive been accusing Sammons of running up the score. Im not sure if Paintsville's coach would have done the same thing, but thats a good possibility cause he's not used to winning. :biggrin: Congrats on your win last night
Real Badman Wrote:I dont care what he was trying to do. He should have never had the starters in that long. As someone said the JV did go in late in the 3rd and made a few touchdowns. That IMO is not running up the score. If I was a kid and had a chance to score, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Noone can blame a kid for wanting to score. But Sammons shoulda had the JV in after halftime, thats my only fault with this.
I do understand where you are coming from but if he put them in right after the half the 1st string wouldn't have had much game experience in either game. Just because they had 47 or so in each of their first two games doesn't mean they had much time of poss. or number of plays. They have scored on such few plays that they are not getting much experience or conditioning in the games. They will need this later in the year. Doesn't matter if we like it or not Coach has to do what he feels is best and will benefit his team best based on the cards he has been dealt.
LC started subbing on D in the 2nd quarter. The lone TD early in the 2nd quarter was on some reserves. On offense they didn't get many snaps. Hard to get ready for a 4 quarter brawl in a game like Sheldon Clark was last year when you aren't getting in game shape because you score to fast.
Schedule has been beaten to death. It was all part of the big plan to raise moral and get more kids out of the hallway. It worked! Good news is now that the 2 year deals are over it looks like LC will be picking up: Raceland, Russell, Pburg so far that I know of on next years schedule.
CatDawg Wrote:I do understand where you are coming from but if he put them in right after the half the 1st string wouldn't have had much game experience in either game. Just because they had 47 or so in each of their first two games doesn't mean they had much time of poss. or number of plays. They have scored on such few plays that they are not getting much experience or conditioning in the games. They will need this later in the year. Doesn't matter if we like it or not Coach has to do what he feels is best and will benefit his team best based on the cards he has been dealt.

Soooo then it was running up the score? I understand if thats what he thinks is the best thing for his football team, but he should have pulled the starters starting at halftime. That is just plain disrespectful.
B-42 that still won't be good enough unless LC is playing Ashland, Belfry and Johnson Central. However, what happens if those programs are down for two years and LC is still up does it mean we still aren't scheduling anyone?
bulldog42 Wrote:LC started subbing on D in the 2nd quarter. The lone TD early in the 2nd quarter was on some reserves. On offense they didn't get many snaps. Hard to get ready for a 4 quarter brawl in a game like Sheldon Clark was last year when you aren't getting in game shape because you score to fast.
Schedule has been beaten to death. It was all part of the big plan to raise moral and get more kids out of the hallway. It worked! Good news is now that the 2 year deals are over it looks like LC will be picking up: Raceland, Russell, Pburg so far that I know of on next years schedule.

that sounds like agood schedule. I would love to see lawrence and pburg play. I wish Johnson Central played LC. Imagine how good of games they would play against each other
Real Badman Wrote:Soooo then it was running up the score? I understand if thats what he thinks is the best thing for his football team, but he should have pulled the starters starting at halftime. That is just plain disrespectful.
I don't think it is running p the score, you can't score for them and LC only scored ONE TD in the 4th. If they wanted to run up the score starters on both sides of the ball would have been in longer. they wold have used more of the playbook and kept throwing the ball. Another one of the four total scores in the second half was on a long interception return. I guess we should play by the rules of scrimmages all year until playoffs begin that way everyone can go home feeling all happy and fuzzy.
CatDawg Wrote:I don't think it is running p the score, you can't score for them and LC only scored ONE TD in the 4th. If they wanted to run up the score starters on both sides of the ball would have been in longer. they wold have used more of the playbook and kept throwing the ball. Another one of the four total scores in the second half was on a long interception return. I guess we should play by the rules of scrimmages all year until playoffs begin that way everyone can go home feeling all happy and fuzzy.

I think your a little delusional, I never said I had a problem with them scoring. If your freshmen team can score on Valley's Varsity D, more power to you. My only problem was keeping the starters in for so long. Personally, I could care less if Lawrence scored 278 on Shelby Valley, as long as the JV did it.
Still it wouldnt matter to some on here if we had the freshman team in at the start of the 2nd qtr they would still cry that we were running the score up.
Who cares what people think. LC fans know we have a good coach and he is getting the team ready. No one is going to lose sleep over it. This is a East Ridge vs Lawrence County thread anyway. Good luck Bulldogs. Keep working hard and improving each week.
Bulldogs by as much as they want!
I'll have to take the bulldogs in this one, but I can't wait to see how the warriors play. Looking forward to seeing if they really do have one of the best backfields in the mountains. Good luck to both teams!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5