Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls OVC large school
bball dad Wrote:where is verity located

Verity is the middle school in the Ashland, Ky school system.
Tournament Brackets: Large Schools @ Boyd Middle 10/9
11:00am-East 8th v. Rowan 8th
12:15pm-Mason Co. 7th v. East 7th
1:30pm-Mason Co. 8th v. West 8th
2:45pm-Fleming Co.7th v. West Carter 7th
4:00pm-Boyd Co. 8th v. Fleming Co. 8th
5:15pm-Boyd Co. 7th v. Verity 7th
*Rowan's 7th and Verity's 8th were #1 sseeds and have 1st round byes
7th grade semis 10/12 6:30- Rowan Co. 7th v. Verity/Boyd winner
7:45-Fleming/West v. Mason/East winners
8th grade semis 10/14 6:30- Verity 8th v. Mason/West winner
7:45- East?Rowan v. Boyd/Fleming winners
Finals 10/16-7th grade @ 6:00
8th grade @ 7:15
OVC Tournament Brackets Small @ Lewis Co.:
10/9-11:00am-Russell 7th v. Wurtland 7th
12:15pm-Russell 8th v. Fairview 8th
1:30pm- McKell 8th v. Wurtland 8th
2:45pm- Raceland 8th v. Elliott Co. 8th
4:00pm- Lewis Co. 7th v. Elliott Co. 7th
10/11-Semis-6:30pm- Raceland 7th v. Russell/Wurtland winner
7:45pm- Fairview 7th v. Lewis Co./Elliott Co. winner
10/13-Semis-6:30pm- McKell/Wurtland 8th v.Raceland/Elliott 8th winner
10/16-Finals-1:00pm- 7th grade
2:15pm- 8th grade
Lewis Co. #1 seed in 8th and Raceland #1 in 7th and Fairview#2 in 7th.
So is there any team on the girls side that can knock off verity and east or will that pretty much be the championship game?
Good luck to all the teams! Should have some good games down the road!
ncis Wrote:So is there any team on the girls side that can knock off verity and east or will that pretty much be the championship game?

East just beat Boyd 1 in OT about two weeks ago at Boyd. 7th grade will be very competitive.
16BBall Fan Wrote:OVC Tournament Brackets Small @ Lewis Co.:
10/9-11:00am-Russell 7th v. Wurtland 7th
12:15pm-Russell 8th v. Fairview 8th
1:30pm- McKell 8th v. Wurtland 8th
2:45pm- Raceland 8th v. Elliott Co. 8th
4:00pm- Lewis Co. 7th v. Elliott Co. 7th
10/11-Semis-6:30pm- Raceland 7th v. Russell/Wurtland winner
7:45pm- Fairview 7th v. Lewis Co./Elliott Co. winner
10/13-Semis-6:30pm- McKell/Wurtland 8th v.Raceland/Elliott 8th winner
10/16-Finals-1:00pm- 7th grade
2:15pm- 8th grade
Lewis Co. #1 seed in 8th and Raceland #1 in 7th and Fairview#2 in 7th.

:Clap:
Lewis Co. wins this with ease......nobody will be within 25 points unless the coach lets it happen. They should have joined the large school and enjoyed the better competition ....should be a good tourney for 2nd tho.:biggrin:

I say bring on the Large school champion and play Lewis.
Today's winners from the opening round of both the small and large school tournaments.
Small 7th grade- Wurtland-32 Russell-11; Lewis Co.-41 Elliott Co.-21
8th grade- Russell-24 Fairview-19; McKell-39 Wurtland-20; Raceland-34 Elliott Co.-6

Large 7th grade- Verity-30 Boyd Co.-26; Fleming Co.-30 West Carter-16; Mason Co.- 21 East Carter-18
8th grade-Mason Co.-28 West Carter-23OT; East Carter-40 Rowan C0.-22
Boyd Co.-34 Fleming Co.-31

Small School semis 7th grade-Oct. 11 @6:30 Raceland v. Wurtland; 7:45 Fairview v. Lewis Co. 8th grade-Oct. 13 @ 6:30 McKell v. Raceland; 7:45 Lewis Co. v. Russell.

Large school semis 7th grade- Oct. 12 @ 6:30 Rowan Co. v. Verity; 7:45 Fleming Co. v. Mason Co. 8th grade- Oct. 14 @ 6:30 Verity v. Mason Co.; 7:45 East Carter v. Boyd Co.

All finals all schedule for Sat. Oct. 16 small schools at 1:00 and 2:15. Large school at 6:00 and 7:15.
dei227 Wrote::Clap:
Lewis Co. wins this with ease......nobody will be within 25 points unless the coach lets it happen. They should have joined the large school and enjoyed the better competition ....should be a good tourney for 2nd tho.:biggrin:

I agree let lewis play the large school champion.
Small school division Fairview beat Lewis & Raceland beat Wurtland
So Raceland and Fairview and Raceland will paly for the small school champ. Tonight is the Large school 7th grade semis between Rowan and Verity and Fleming Co. and Mason Co.
Yes Raceland & Fairview in the 7th grade finals. Raceland is favored & Fairview will be shorthanded with 3 starters and a coach gone on a Church mission trip. Raceland is solid & well coached the Keeton's do a good job. Good luck to both teams.
if any ovc team that has gotta beat out of tournament Martin co girls is needing a home game due to whitesburg cancellation today . It was 8th grade day as well as parents day. if interested contact via message here. We would give return game.
LionEagle Wrote:Yes Raceland & Fairview in the 7th grade finals. Raceland is favored & Fairview will be shorthanded with 3 starters and a coach gone on a Church mission trip. Raceland is solid & well coached the Keeton's do a good job. Good luck to both teams.

I think there is talk of moving the game to maybe Monday so Fairview is not short handed and you are right Coach Keeton is a class act and he along with the league commissioner trying to work it out so the game can be on a Monday and he or the league commissioner did not have to do that at all waiting to see if it can be worked out.
That would be great. A lot closer for both schools involved. And that would be a great gesture from both Raceland & Lewis Co. if this is being considered. A BIG THANKS I am sure from all of WESTWOOD.
Verity's 7th grade beat Rowan County in a well played game 27-23. Good job girls.:Cheerlead
Lady Cats Wrote:Verity's 7th grade beat Rowan County in a well played game 27-23. Good job girls.:Cheerlead

In the second game Mason Co. defeated Fleming Co. 25-18. This sets up a Verity and Mason 7th grade final on Sat. @ 6:00 Verity's 7th is playing well right now and will be hard to beat hard to believe that they started league play out at 0-3 and will probably win the league thay have really improved over the season.
Any news on the 7th grade small division finals being moved.
Lewis Co. will play Saturday @ 1pm vs McKell in the 8th grade championship, Mckell had a impressive win tonight against Raceland but the road stops here....2nd place aint bad thoConfusederved::1:

I did hear that the 7th grade game has been moved to Monday.
yes 7th grade final will be played on Monday at 6:30 @ Raceland. In last nights games McKell defeated Raceland 52-36 and Lewis defeated Russell 51 to 22.
dei227 Wrote:Lewis Co. will play Saturday @ 1pm vs McKell in the 8th grade championship, Mckell had a impressive win tonight against Raceland but the road stops here....2nd place aint bad thoConfusederved::1:

I have always been a firm believer that any team can be beat on any given day. You shouldn't be so quick to count out McKell. Every team should always bring their A game. I have seen McKell play and they are a pretty descent ballteam.
In large school OVC Verity beat Mason County 53-14. East beat Boyd County 32-18. It will be Verity 7th vs Mason and Verity 8th vs East on Saturday night. Good job girls.
After the first minute to minute and a half last night Verity looked really good as good as I have seen them there passing and defense was really great. They were fun to watch!
dei227 Wrote::Clap:

dei227 Wrote:Lewis Co. will play Saturday @ 1pm vs McKell in the 8th grade championship, Mckell had a impressive win tonight against Raceland but the road stops here....2nd place aint bad thoConfusederved::1:

Lady Cats Wrote:I have always been a firm believer that any team can be beat on any given day. You shouldn't be so quick to count out McKell. Every team should always bring their A game. I have seen McKell play and they are a pretty descent ballteam.

Well said Lady Cats I watched the game today and McKell outplayed Lewis from about halfway through the first qt. on McKell led by as many as 8 in second half Lewis did come back and take the lead but McKell made the plays down at the end to hold on and win the game. Congrats to the Lady Bulldogs. Final McKell 46 Lewis 44.

Congratulations McKell Lady Bulldogs!!!:Cheerlead
Great job McKell.....You was the better team today and deserve to be :1:

I'm outta here.
:beavis:
In the large school OVC championship, Mason County beat Verity's 7th grade 28-24. And for the 8th grade Verity Lady Patriots they defeated East Carter 45 to 18. Way to go Verity 8th grade, it's been a fun ride. You sure have shown what it is to play "TEAM" ball. Your a classy group of girls. Good luck as you move into the High School season.
Special group of players and kids. They put on a clinic today against East. Coach Bradley has some real decisions to make concerning the Varsity.
Verity's 8th grade two games in the tournament was some of the best ball I've seen them play. Verity has been the class of the OVC the past 3 to 4 years and fun to watch. The league will be wide open next season as 5 to 6 teams are pretty even . Should be fun to watch next year. Congrats again to todays winners the Lady Bulldogs the Lady Royals and the Patriots fro Verity. One more championship to be decided on Monday between Raceland and Fairview the game is at 6:30 at Raceland.
verity has had some nice teams the last couple of years. Cannot wait to see them mixed in with the group thats there now. Jones, Cullop, Gambill, Farris, Haeberlin will be a good young team with no seniors and 2 juniors, and then you throw a couple of the youngers in with them could be an exciting team to watch. Im sure with a lot of these 8th graders playing jv and freshman and getting experiance they will be a handful next year