Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls OVC large school
Does anyone know the schedules for the girls teams in the large school OVC?
Season starts tonight with games on Tues. and Thurs. until Oct. 5 tournament runs Oct.9-16. large school is at Boyd small school is at Lewis Co. It is a long schedule to put out 7 games each night maybe check with your favorite school to pick up one.
Open dates. Would like to plAy ovc teams. Sept. 27 28 29 30 oct 1 2 18 20 21 23. Tough getting gAmes when other schools hAve their own. Conference and we are the only middle school in our county.

If you can find a spot martin county needs games.

ThAnks.
Any updates or score from opening night? I know Verity won thier game 63-6. I was wondering about boyd and east
I don't know about East, but Boyd beat West Carter. Don't know any scores though.
Verity had their worst outing of the season tonight struggling with their shots not falling they usely shot at a much higher percentage, holding unto the ball, and a few more turnovers the normally don't commit. They got the win 39-11 but it wasn't verify basketball, girls get back in the gym and tighten things back up.
i agree, verity seemed to struggle against the zone d a bit, and for the first time all season i thought thier timing was off in transition. Hard to shoot in that gym if your not use to it but it seemed like nothing would drop.
Who did they play in the 39-11 game?
They played Boyd County and the final was 41-12.
I feel if Verity brings there B game I cant see anyone beating them. Best middle school team I have seen in years. They have around 7 solid players with great guard play and size to go with it. If they lose I will be shocked.
I know the score doesn't indicate how Verity actually played against Boyd County. Verity actually played their C game. They are a tremendous group of girls on and especially off the court. Very fun to be around.
Verity 8th grade girls had another good showing. They beat Mason County 40 to 22.
Verity struggled early without Alexis Robinson pushing the tempo, hopeful of a quick return for her, but the others kicked it in gear from the second quarter on. I do agree it will take a team playing out of thier heads and verity playing awful for any upset in the ovc. However, East knows verity very well and with a healthy Stickler, that should be a competitive game.
Hope to see Alexis back on the floor soon. The kid has some of the best ball handling skill and pure talent that I have seen in this area. When can we expect her back??
Any score on the 8th grade East and Boyd game?
Alexis was clear today to start prac. fri. Congrats to verity girls on there win tues. Good game girls also to the 7th grade on their win
:Thumbs: That's great! I'm glad that she is able to make a quick return.
Pride of the mountain girls tournament is being played Sept 18-19. At Sheldon Clark high school with 6-7-8 grade tournament lots of trophies awarded. Two games gauranteeed winners of both game advAnce to Sunday play. Still have openings. Wish verity would come and showcsase their tAlent with teams from our area county teams. We invite and. Ovc team as well. Whiteburg sebastain. Martin co. Johnson central are a few of the teams in the pride. If interested. Contact me via message on here.
kid talent Wrote:Any score on the 8th grade East and Boyd game?

I think East ended up winning by about 12 was up 19-2 after first qt. Defeated Mason by 6 last night at Mason the Stumbo girl had a leg injury in the first qt. and did not play the rest of the game.
Thanks for the score update. Looks like the Boyd and Mason game should be pretty close.
Verity girls coming home with another good outing. Congrats to the 7th grade on an impressive when tonight over West Carter; final score was 37 to 8. They are improving each time on the floor. And the 8th grade had another awesome game, winning 48 to 10. Keep up the good work girls!!!!!!
Wow! way to go verity girls! Was that impressive win without Alexis? Any other score out there.....Mason....Fleming...or Boyd?? I'm pretty sure that East was idle tonight after playing Mason on Wednesday.
Yes the win was without Alexis. The Lady Patriots are looking forward to having her back in action next Tuesday.
Boyd County beat Russell in all 3 grades last night. Don't know any scores at this time.
The Verity girls traveled to Fleming County tonight and the 7th grade lost in overtime 38 to 35. The 8th grade girls had another awesome night beating Fleming 59 to 7. Boyd County had wins against Rowan County.
East Carter travels to Verity tonight. Verity is starting to play well East has some injuries I look for Varity to win by 15+ tonight. Believe it or not I think probably the 7th grade game will be the closer of the two. East 7th lost @ Fleming by 3.
Verity 7th grade beat East Carter in a close game 28 to 26. The 8th grade for Verity beat East 48 to 34. Boyd County's game against Fleming had to be rescheduled.
Good job to verity girls 7th and 8th. The 7th continues to improve and get better. The 8th had another dominant appearance in leading the whole game except for east scored 1st, but the verity the took about a 12 point lead the let east cut it to 4 for a short period. After that it was all verity having a 15 to 20 point lead the rest of the game. Also good to see the strickler girl back for east, though not at a 100% glad to see her playing again.
16BBall Fan Wrote:East Carter travels to Verity tonight. Verity is starting to play well East has some injuries I look for Varity to win by 15+ tonight. Believe it or not I think probably the 7th grade game will be the closer of the two. East 7th lost @ Fleming by 3.

Missed it by 1 point on my predicition. The game was 30-24 at the half with Verity in total control the 2nd half. Verity plays great team defense going to be very difficult to beat.
Verity girls traveled to Rowan County this morning and the 7th grade lost 32 to 30. The 8th grade girls won 52 to 15, but the win was riddled with a lot of intentionally bad officiating. Verity's head coach was tossed and one of the assistant coach's was also tossed. One of the referee's then took pleasure in picking on the head coach's daughter. Calling 3 fouls on her in 30 seconds. Scott Tackett the RC head coach was sitting in the bleacher's telling and signaling that 00 was the coach's daughter to the officials. Adults can and will handle the unjustice of what happened. But it's a sorry lot that takes pleasure in picking on 13 year old girls. Shame on you Mr. Callihan and Mr Tackett.