Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wins or Championships?
Here I'll help. For Duke fans look below.
http://www.chatbluedevils.com/

My bad. I couldn't find any site to discuss Gonzaga.
:yawn:
Benchwarmer Wrote:ACC 223
NC-41 app

SEC 201 NCAA app.
Kentucky 50 app.

Just for you zaga fan
Gonzage 13-app. NCAA tourny
1 elite 8
No Championships

Why hate on the zags lol
Benchwarmer Wrote:I got on this site to discuss Kentucky basketball teams. Hence Bluegrassrivals.

Not to discuss blue devils or Gonzaga. It's not Bluedevilsrivals or gonzagarivals.

You're in the "Sports Around the Nation" section, bub Wink
Benchwarmer Wrote:You mean there only has been 68 years of Basketball?

I just googled it and posted it...I didn't even read anything other than the ACC being above the SEC. I had something I had to do, so my bad. Horrible internet sources...if you can't trust the internet, what's this world coming to?
zaga_fan Wrote:You're in the "Sports Around the Nation" section, bub Wink

I was about to say something similar.
I would be careful about saying the ACC is bad, though. For the past two years, they've won both national championships. The North Carolina Tar Heels and the Duke Blue Devils might not have the most championships or wins, but they're still considered two of the best programs in the nation.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I got on this site to discuss Kentucky basketball teams. Hence Bluegrassrivals.

Not to discuss blue devils or Gonzaga. It's not Bluedevilsrivals or gonzagarivals.

Hmmm, I'm pretty confident that QQ would tell you that you got on the wrong site if you thought this was "Only" about Kentucky sports only. If you don't like the content or discussion, you may wish to lodge your complaint with the founder.
Stardust Wrote:Hmmm, I'm pretty confident that QQ would tell you that you got on the wrong site if you thought this was "Only" about Kentucky sports only. If you don't like the content or discussion, you may wish to lodge your complaint with the founder.

Hmmmm. I have really no complaint. Just having discussions. Don't you think QQ would love to have these discussions. I love your "only" part. Did I not just discuss Duke and Gonzaga in my post above? Wouldn't this be considered discussing other teams? I've been here a lot longer than you and have survived. I love the content and discussion and if i didn't wouldn't you think I would have left along time ago?
zaga_fan Wrote:Why hate on the zags lol

Just having fun with you. LOL
zaga_fan Wrote:You're in the "Sports Around the Nation" section, bub Wink

I'm hearing you. I guess when you are Kentucky you are the "Sports around the Nation".
Benchwarmer Wrote:I'm hearing you. I guess when you are Kentucky you are the "Sports around the Nation".

The sad part is Kentucky just came out of a 12 year hiatus. You weren't even thought about for the past 12 years.
PC_You_Know Wrote:The sad part is Kentucky just came out of a 12 year hiatus. You weren't even thought about for the past 12 years.

Good one. But, wouldn't it be the last 11 years?

:blabbermo
Stardust Wrote::blabbermo

What does:blabbermo mean?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Good one. But, wouldn't it be the last 11 years?

They didn't win the title in 99, 2000, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, or 2010...that's 12 years since they've won a title.
PC_You_Know Wrote:They didn't win the title in 99, 2000, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, or 2010...that's 12 years since they've won a title.

I'm hearing you now. So Duke has been forgotten all those years except four of them. Did Duke have a team before 1991?
Benchwarmer Wrote:I'm hearing you now. So Duke has been forgotten all those years except four of them. Did Duke have a team before 1991?

Don't know and don't care....I started understanding basketball about 94 when i was 5...and I've liked Duke ever since. My team has been on top the past 20 years...and everyone else hates Duke for it.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Hmmmm. I have really no complaint. Just having discussions. Don't you think QQ would love to have these discussions. I love your "only" part. Did I not just discuss Duke and Gonzaga in my post above? Wouldn't this be considered discussing other teams? I've been here a lot longer than you and have survived. I love the content and discussion and if i didn't wouldn't you think I would have left along time ago?

(Gasp!!)
Picking a fight with the legendary stardust?!?!?!?!
For the record....
I'm not really a Duke "fan" lol
I enjoy watching well-coached teams and no one can deny Coach K's abilities
zaga_fan Wrote:For the record....
I'm not really a Duke "fan" lol
I enjoy watching well-coached teams and no one can deny Coach K's abilities

True
PC_You_Know Wrote:Don't know and don't care....I started understanding basketball about 94 when i was 5...and I've liked Duke ever since. My team has been on top the past 20 years...and everyone else hates Duke for it.

On top only four years and as would say forgotten about the rest of those years.
Benchwarmer Wrote:On top only four years and as would say forgotten about the rest of those years.

But since I've been alive, Duke has been relavent more than UK.
PC_You_Know Wrote:But since I've been alive, Duke has been relavent more than UK.

Well overall, 7 trumps 4. :ChairHit:
Ballers Wrote:Well overall, 7 trumps 4. :ChairHit:

Honestly, how many of these 7 titles have you been alive to cheer for?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Honestly, how many of these 7 titles have you been alive to cheer for?

Why do you ALWAYS use that as an excuse? LOL
:Cheerlead < - - - - Kyle Singler Brandon Knight - - - - >:redboxer:
Ballers Wrote:Why do you ALWAYS use that as an excuse? LOL

How is it an excuse? It's a question. How many of UK's 7 national titles were you alive to see?
Ballers Wrote::Cheerlead < - - - - Kyle Singler Brandon Knight - - - - >:redboxer:

Kyle Singler :1:
Brandon Knight :worthy:
Good gosh this thread burns me up!!!! How the heck did Duke get brought into this discussion? Im pretty sure that Zaga fan's main objective on here was to get the consensus opinion on which means most WINS or CHAMPIONSHIPS? How is this an arguement over Duke.

On with the topic, in which Duke would not have any baring on..... The thought with my placement of UCLA can sway from day to day in the since that it is UNC and UCLA are equal but in almost polar opposite ways, UNC has had that long lasting tradion of excellence dating back to as long as when the NIT and Helms were the titles to claim. They have the wins and the championships to back up their winning tradion and it is a combination of the two that makes it so hard to NOT put them number 2. HOWEVER, UCLA with the one decade (lil over) winning the 10 titles ESTABLISHED their program in the ranks of college basketball excellence. If you were to even look back in the records for UCLA you will find that they made their first NCAA tourney in 1950 (9 years after UNC's first and 8 years after UK's first) and the program was established begining in 1920.... and it shows in their all time wins number 1642. I consider that heavily when looking at the whole picture..... UK and UNC have the excellent combination of titles over the years and the wins to solidify their years of progress in comparison to UCLA. But in UCLA defense you HAVE TO LOOK SERIOUSLY at the 10 titles under Wooden and the resurrection of the program in the 1995 title. But that only proves a lil lack of longevity in their tradition.

So to finish, I wrestle with this in my head and have to come to a conclusion at some point and the previous statements support my claim as to what is a lil more important. UCLA IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE one of the most storied and decorated programs in all of college sports but at the end of the day the 12 year span to define their tradition and power makes me have to give the long lasting title of nations 2nd best to UNC who has the 2004 wins and 5 titles through their long history.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PC_You_Know Wrote:The sad part is Kentucky just came out of a 12 year hiatus. You weren't even thought about for the past 12 years.

First off, since you say UK just "came out of a hiatus", I assume you aren't counting this past season as part of it, so it would actually only be 11 seasons. But even so, have you been even watching basketball during those 11 years? Just because UK hasn't been to the Final Four in that span hardly means they were in a hiatus. For example:

1998/99 = SEC tourney champs, Elite Eight, top 10 final ranking
1999/00 = SEC season champs, top 20 final ranking
2000/01 = SEC season and tourney champs, Sweet Sixteen, top 10 final ranking
2001/02 = SEC division champs, Sweet Sixteen, top 20 final ranking
2002/03 = SEC season and tourney champs, Elite Eight, #1 final ranking, 32-4 record
2003/04 = SEC tourney champs, #2 final ranking, 27-5 record
2004/05 = SEC season champs, Elite Eight, top 10 final ranking, 28-6 record

So much for a 12-year hiatus. In that span, UK won 4 SEC season titles, 4 SEC tourneys, and went to 3 Elite Eights. In both 2003 and 2004, they entered the NCAA tournament as the #1 overall seed. So don't say UK has been out of the picture the whole time since the last NCAA title.

Now if you want to say that UK had not been relevant for the last 4 years prior to this one, I agree. The last two Tubby years and the two Gillespie years will go down as a dark period in UK's storied history. A 4 year hiatus, indeed. Just not 11 or 12 years. :biggrin:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]