Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central Cross Country
Great!!!!! Who are some of the new runners that are getting good times?
Any updates as to how Kelsey is doing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Wrestler 119 did LCC compete in the meet at Somerset (Harrier Classic)? How did they do? Who were there top runners?
I think they did very well but I will find out to make sure!!!
The Private Wrote:I think they did very well but I will find out to make sure!!!

Thanks......
Lcc did compete in the southern harrier an did well but not as good as we should have.Lcc boys lost to Harlan county by 10 but Letcher Central was without their top runner chase cates.

Letcher central also competed at pikeville today an the boys an girls teams bother put up perfect scores.

The boys had the first 6 in at Pikeville. They finished as follows: Tyler Smith, Justin Gross, Chase Cates, Trevor Napier, Trenton Whitaker, and Dylan Burton. Letcher was running without another one of their top runners Nick Boggs.
How did the boys finish in the southern harrier? Who was the top through 5th runners for LCC?
UPDATE

Finaly got to make it to a meet held at Letcher Central this evening. Participating teams were letcher Central, Knott County, East Ridge, Breathitt County, Maggoffin County and Leslie County.

Letcher Central had the top 6 boy runners in the meet. 1.) Nick Boggs 2.)Chase Cates 3.) Justin Gross 4.) Tyler Smith 5.) Trevor Napier 6.) Trenton Whitaker

Girls had the top 3 runners 1.) Kelsey Mullins 2.) Kelah Eldridge 3.) Carlena Gose

I was very impressed with LCC. Both boys and girls teams.
Yep the boys an girls teams both did extremly well today!

Hopfully we can keep it going till region time.
What kind of times are the runners doing in the 3.1? Just out of curiosity.
When I ran, I was doing around 17's.. Never seen their team I don't believe.
All this LCC talk i have to bring up HC. the bears are on top of their game and times will only get faster especially Miller and Middleton. Middleton has consistently been between 18:10 and 18:20 the past 4 meets and he is determined to run 17's which i believe he will do so easily by Region. If he does sooo there will be no compition for him..As for the Girl Top Runner (Miller) she is also a shoe-in individual champion seeing as by region she will be sub 21. My belief tho is, Middleton and Miller are not only worrying about region but looking to make a statement at the state level. They proven soo by competing with teams such as knox, bell, somerset, GRC, and others. Less than a top 25 performance at state will be a dissapointment for Middleton and Miller.
The Bears are scheduled to run at The Bobcat invitational tomorrow it will be interesting to see the times posted by the top runners on a proven brutal course. my guess Miller-21:15 Middleton-low 18's to high 17's---its only a matter of time.
Yes Harlan Co has put some good times up this season. Hunter an Kim will be tough for anyone to beat region but I dont think I would call them a "Shoe-in" just yet. especially since neither Hunter or Kim have beaten the region champions time from last year at harlan county. There deffently the top dogs right now though.
Ballers Wrote:What kind of times are the runners doing in the 3.1? Just out of curiosity.
When I ran, I was doing around 17's.. Never seen their team I don't believe.

The last race we ran in was a team sponsored road race with our top 2 boys finishing under 17:15 an our 3rd an 4th boy finishing under 17:40. The course is exremly easy tho with only one short hill an the drop in our times reflect that.
TooFast4U Wrote:All this LCC talk i have to bring up HC. the bears are on top of their game and times will only get faster especially Miller and Middleton. Middleton has consistently been between 18:10 and 18:20 the past 4 meets and he is determined to run 17's which i believe he will do so easily by Region. If he does sooo there will be no compition for him..As for the Girl Top Runner (Miller) she is also a shoe-in individual champion seeing as by region she will be sub 21. My belief tho is, Middleton and Miller are not only worrying about region but looking to make a statement at the state level. They proven soo by competing with teams such as knox, bell, somerset, GRC, and others. Less than a top 25 performance at state will be a dissapointment for Middleton and Miller.
Sorry but this is a LCC cross country thread. Nothing to do with Harlan County. We know Harlan County has some great runners, but as I said before this is a LCC thread. No wonder all the talk is about LCC. Personally I like HC and I know they will be tough, but my concern with this thread is to see how LCC cross country is doing. NOT HARLAN COUNTY.
tcb Wrote:Sorry but this is a LCC cross country thread. Nothing to do with Harlan County. We know Harlan County has some great runners, but as I said before this is a LCC thread. No wonder all the talk is about LCC. Personally I like HC and I know they will be tough, but my concern with this thread is to see how LCC cross country is doing. NOT HARLAN COUNTY.

Okay, this is none of my concern since I'm from GRC but I find it funny that the LCC runners themselves are posting about Harlan County and then the above poster to post this. The poster you was saying this to wasn't the first person to post something about Harlan County so stop getting your panties twisted up your butt!

-Thank you!
GRC_RUNNER Wrote:Okay, this is none of my concern since I'm from GRC but I find it funny that the LCC runners themselves are posting about Harlan County and then the above poster to post this. The poster you was saying this to wasn't the first person to post something about Harlan County so stop getting your panties twisted up your butt!

-Thank you!

All of the post about Harlan Co from lcc runners is how Letcher Co has done aginst them. None of them have posted just about Harlan like toofast4u did.
I know that you guys from Letcher Central has nothing but respect for these kids, and every year this is a annual border battle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

wrestler_119 Wrote:Yes Harlan Co has put some good times up this season. Hunter an Kim will be tough for anyone to beat region but I dont think I would call them a "Shoe-in" just yet. especially since neither Hunter or Kim have beaten the region champions time from last year at harlan county. There deffently the top dogs right now though.

But they have beaten the region champs at other meets and have killed the times...Btw the fish pond lake course is about 2.5 miles haha
wrestler_119 Wrote:The last race we ran in was a team sponsored road race with our top 2 boys finishing under 17:15 an our 3rd an 4th boy finishing under 17:40. The course is exremly easy tho with only one short hill an the drop in our times reflect that.

once again the course is 2.5 miles long-he asked for 3.1...i dont think the lcc boys besides one has been in the 18's on a full length course
http://ky.milesplit.com/meets/76400/results/130534
http://ky.milesplit.com/meets/75229/results/131563

some results from meets that harlan and lcc have been at (full length course)
It does not matter TooFast4U. I started this thread to find out about LCC cross country, because I am a fan and am not able to go to meets etc. It had no intent to start a war between Harlan and LCC. I just like to know how LCC runners are doing during the season. I can assure you all posts concerning Harlan County was made because they and LCC seem to be the strongest in the region. Definitly no disrespect for HC if anything total respect.

Oh and by the way the fishpond road race was 5k. It was more than 1 time around the course. However, it is an easy course. But as I said that does not matter. The concern of this thread is to see how the LCC runners are doing and improving.

So please don't get your panties twisted.
tcb Wrote:It does not matter TooFast4U. I started this thread to find out about LCC cross country, because I am a fan and am not able to go to meets etc. It had no intent to start a war between Harlan and LCC. I just like to know how LCC runners are doing during the season. I can assure you all posts concerning Harlan County was made because they and LCC seem to be the strongest in the region. Definitly no disrespect for HC if anything total respect.

Oh and by the way the fishpond road race was 5k. It was more than 1 time around the course. However, it is an easy course. But as I said that does not matter. The concern of this thread is to see how the LCC runners are doing and improving.

ok i know for a fact the course is short because ive ran there before and ran a minute and a half faster there than i do on the average course and its not just becuz its an easy course either so get ur facts straight b4 u jump to conclusions. But by all means go ahead and assume tht the lcc boys are runnin under 17:15 and u and them will see what happens when we run a real mans course (lmao 19:57 at pikeville?) ur lucky my first 5 comments are moderated bud =)
tcb Wrote:It does not matter TooFast4U. I started this thread to find out about LCC cross country, because I am a fan and am not able to go to meets etc. It had no intent to start a war between Harlan and LCC. I just like to know how LCC runners are doing during the season. I can assure you all posts concerning Harlan County was made because they and LCC seem to be the strongest in the region. Definitly no disrespect for HC if anything total respect.

Hmm..you definatly seem to know a lot about LCC for not getting to go to any of the meets. TooFast4U was just making a statement that it will be tougher than what everyone is saying. They are just trying to get a point across. Obviously someone is a little dense though, because you don't understand that. I'm so glad you liked my "don't get your panties twisted up your butt" comment. It means a lot that you said it too. It's actually kinda flattering.

-Love ya Letcher!
Wow...HC have 2 good runner..how do they expect to win a region titlee with that. the rest the team sucks. lcc gona win, duhh.
Ok I even said in my post about the times at fish pond that the our times reflect how easy the course was. I know none of our guys run under 17:15 on a real xc course.

But back to lcc xc. Lcc is going to Harlan Co saturday to run in there invitational. its going to be a tough race for the top 3 teams (Bell. Letcher, an harlan). The weather says its going to be beautiful out an i cant wait to run against our region rivals again an see if we have improved from the last time we meet up.

Good luck to everyone attending. EVEN harlan.
Does anybody know how the meet went at Harlan County today?
The meet at harlan county went great. Lcc boys team in first with a score of 37 followed by harlan in 2nd with a score of 44. Lcc had 3 boys run in the 18's with their 4th runner almost running in the 18's with a time of 19:04.

http://ky.milesplit.com/meets/75705/results/136847

Thats the results from the meet.
wrestler_119 Wrote:The meet at harlan county went great. Lcc boys team in first with a score of 37 followed by harlan in 2nd with a score of 44. Lcc had 3 boys run in the 18's with their 4th runner almost running in the 18's with a time of 19:04.

http://ky.milesplit.com/meets/75705/results/136847

Thats the results from the meet.

Nuff said!
How did the girls do?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!